Misguided?

rationalchristian
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

I was an athiest for 33 years. Now, I know you'll all come out of the woodwork and blast me... and that's cool. But, A TRUE athiest wouldn't care about the silly "war" against Easter, Christianity, etc. He/she would shrug his/her shoulders... chuckle it off and get back to his/her day. You people must just be a bunch of liberal antagonists with a chip on your shoulder. What? not popular enough in high school so now you gotta show everyone how brillient you are by starting a conflict against what are generally a tolorant, loving group of people? When I was an athiest.... I had no problem with Christianity. You cannot convince me that you folks don't have another agenda. And why the silly 666 referneces? Seems a little childish doesn't it? You don't believe in Satan but you adopt satanic references and symbols? Ooohhh you got us! Also... all you're doing is strengthening the Christian resolve! Sneaking dvds into churches? Are you serious? This is the best you can do? You've wasted how much $$$ on this? Please, get a hobby. Get a girlfriend... something. Or, check into what a real athiest is. You wouldn't be wasting your time and energy on a futile website if you really are one. Oh yeah... have a Happy Easter! One day... every knee will bow to Jesus Christ. Please... check into it for real. It's not you, the person reading this that makes me a little angry... it's the cause. I was once where you are right now. Peace guys... and have a great day. Eye-wink

CynageN
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

Just PM him or leave him a message on the forum somewhere. I'm sure he still visits every day.

Nick
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

Dear sweet Jesus...

Faith is the definition of stupidity, okay? Chiristians say it themselves... if they had proof, it wouldn't be faith. Believeing in something without proof is just stupid. The more you do that, the more of an idiot it makes you. There. I said it. Amen!

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."

killerz3000
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

rationalchristian wrote:
It's because this site... and it's cause SERVE'S NO PURPOSE!! Grow Up!

grow a brain

StopEvangelists
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

Atheist wrote:

The typical conversion process follows... It quite often comes about either because they marry a religious person or become friends with religious people. They want to fit in or belong? The other common way is often when those people feel they needed to repent for all the rather stupid decisions they have made.

The second notion is the way my friend went. He has been wasting his life away though alcohol, drugs, and laziness while in college, and now he has pretty much screwed his college plans and has moved to Utah now. There he thought he would start over, so he began going to church, and now calls him self a Christian. He is now making more stupid decisions than ever before through spending money he doesn't have and getting fired as well...

He now claims to have converted from atheism to Christianity; however, he was never truly and atheist. He was as the very most a non-practicing Christian.

In my observations, which are purely anecdotal, a third category are people involved in or witness to emotional trauma (discovery that spouse is cheating, exposure to suicide, war, etc.) that gives people the sensation of being alone/scared shitless. Invariably, a "friend" gets them sucked in to the church, where they make new friends and feel a part of something. It makes them feel good, and potentially reinforces their childhood indoctrinization, thus creating a whackjob Xtian.

"Religion is like a badly written contract - most people don't read most (much less all) of it, believe what the other party says, and execute with the best of intentions and naivety."

- Me

Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

Oh yeah... I forgot that one. That is a big one too. There are many ways, but some are far more common than others.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Atheist_Scathe
User is offlineOffline
Re: Misguided?

rationalchristian wrote:
I was an athiest for 33 years. Now, I know you'll all come out of the woodwork and blast me... and that's cool. But, A TRUE athiest wouldn't care about the silly "war" against Easter, Christianity, etc. He/she would shrug his/her shoulders... chuckle it off and get back to his/her day. You people must just be a bunch of liberal antagonists with a chip on your shoulder. What? not popular enough in high school so now you gotta show everyone how brillient you are by starting a conflict against what are generally a tolorant, loving group of people? When I was an athiest.... I had no problem with Christianity. You cannot convince me that you folks don't have another agenda. And why the silly 666 referneces? Seems a little childish doesn't it? You don't believe in Satan but you adopt satanic references and symbols? Ooohhh you got us! Also... all you're doing is strengthening the Christian resolve! Sneaking dvds into churches? Are you serious? This is the best you can do? You've wasted how much $$$ on this? Please, get a hobby. Get a girlfriend... something. Or, check into what a real athiest is. You wouldn't be wasting your time and energy on a futile website if you really are one. Oh yeah... have a Happy Easter! One day... every knee will bow to Jesus Christ. Please... check into it for real. It's not you, the person reading this that makes me a little angry... it's the cause. I was once where you are right now. Peace guys... and have a great day. Eye-wink

Please... spare me your protests and platitudes. It was a worthy cause to combat the levels of indoctrination in Christ-mythology (your snide reference to "every knee shall bow" is remiss, as you should know if you are indeed a former atheist of thirty-three years- come on, man) which was conducted in an entirely legal, non-violent manner. The 666 reference was, insofar as I can tell, harmless if titillating fun.

You know who needs to get a girlfriend? A life? I find it funny, your exhortation that we should do so; as one who has realized Christ-lore to be an overblown fairytale for adults I agree with the War on Easter for the purpose of challenging the forces that keep people on their knees looking skyward to adulate the limp-dick ego of the ever-loving cocksucker MegaPixie. Maybe when people learn to look groundward they will discover anew what love and life really means.

By the way, I was a Christian for about fifteen and a half years. You know what I learned in that time? How truly deluded humanity is. Sincerely, yes, but sorely deluded. I don't hate Christians or religious people in general, I hate it that so many people are blindly enslaved to serve what I perceive as fallacious and patently absurd dogmas. So before you go preaching to us in such a silly and futile fashion and launch all these half-baked ad hominem attacks at us, try to remember that please. It's a little late, but hope you enjoyed your Lagomorph (means rabbit etc.) Day and are truly conscious of its pagan roots. Not that I give a shit one way or the other, of course. And oh yeah, have a nice day too. :twisted:

shorty
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

yeah exactly how are christians "loving" or "tolerant" to anyone whom beleives differently (hating fags, killing abortion doctors, pushing to downgrade the overall intelligence of america(creation"science"Eye-wink, brainwashing their own children, forcing their religion into government, perform blasphemy to other religions without consideration yet insist that their religion should not be free from it, hypocrisy, hate mail aplenty)so hit your head against the wall until something rational comes out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

shorty
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

typo*(i mean be free from it)

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

Isn't "Rational Christian" kind of like "Tolerant Klansman?"

shorty
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

googd point

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

MattShizzle wrote:

Or "Dumb Genius."

Atheist_Scathe
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

Sapient wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

Or "Dumb Genius."

Too bad, the little guy hasn't come back... I was hoping for a bit of fun... :smt021

shorty
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

Sapient wrote:
MattShizzle wrote:

Or "Dumb Genius."

smart idiot lol

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

There are smart idiots out there I'm sure.

qwak
User is offlineOffline
Misguided?

HealingBlight wrote:
There are smart idiots out there I'm sure.

I work with quite a few.

the_avenging_bucket
the_avenging_bucket's picture
User is offlineOffline
Re: Misguided?

rationalchristian wrote:
What? not popular enough in high school so now you gotta show everyone how brillient you are by starting a conflict against what are generally a tolorant, loving group of people? When I was an athiest.... I had no problem with Christianity.

The easy thing to do would be to ignore christians and the lie that is christianity- to mind my own business, live my life according to my rules.

The alternate route is to attempt to help my fellow man, just like you would stop a blind man if he was about to walk in front of a car.

In the same way that it is a christian's duty to spread the word of his god, it is my duty ( to my fellow man) to spread the word of my gods: Truth and Reason.

i'm afraid you may allready be too far gone for us to save-
thankfully- this is not the case with young people. Every generation is more enlightened than the previous. when u put an enquisitive mind in the world we live in- with the internet, tv, etc, the truth makes itself blatantly obvious.

mmmmm and finally... i see Chuck Norris is a christian- he's pretty big here in South Africa :smt043 and i almost converted but then i saw that Einstein was an atheist so i had second thoughts...