A reply to me when I asked someone to present evidence for: Science in the Qur'an

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
A reply to me when I asked someone to present evidence for: Science in the Qur'an

Wanted to know some people Ideas on this things, I am thinking this is more of a stretch + a little bit of only counting the hits.

Keep in Mind most of this is fluff and pointless to the point they were trying to make.  (Note: it is broken up into sections as each was its own e-mail)

Quote:
This is the longest email you are going to read if you do wish to. It will prove Insha Allah that science exists in the Qur'an. Please do read and please do give me your questions...

Here are some quotes from the Qur'an:

011.007 وَهُوَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأرْضَ فِي سِتَّةِ أَيَّامٍ وَكَانَ عَرْشُهُ عَلَى الْمَاءِ لِيَبْلُوَكُمْ أَيُّكُمْ أَحْسَنُ عَمَلا وَلَئِنْ قُلْتَ إِنَّكُمْ مَبْعُوثُونَ مِنْ بَعْدِ الْمَوْتِ لَيَقُولَنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا إِنْ هَذَا إِلا سِحْرٌ مُبِينٌ
011.007 He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days - and His Throne was over the waters - that He might try you, which of you is best in conduct. But if thou wert to say to them, "Ye shall indeed be raised up after death", the Unbelievers would be sure to say, "This is nothing but obvious sorcery!"

Al-Qur'an, 011.007 (Hud [Hud])

021.030 أَوَلَمْ يَرَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا أَنَّ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأرْضَ كَانَتَا رَتْقًا فَفَتَقْنَاهُمَا وَجَعَلْنَا مِنَ الْمَاءِ كُلَّ شَيْءٍ حَيٍّ أَفَلا يُؤْمِنُونَ
021.030 Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

021.031 وَجَعَلْنَا فِي الأرْضِ رَوَاسِيَ أَنْ تَمِيدَ بِهِمْ وَجَعَلْنَا فِيهَا فِجَاجًا سُبُلا لَعَلَّهُمْ يَهْتَدُونَ
021.031 And We have set on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with them, and We have made therein broad highways (between mountains) for them to pass through: that they may receive Guidance.

Al-Qur'an, 021.030-031 (Al-Anbiya [The Prophets])

024.045 وَاللَّهُ خَلَقَ كُلَّ دَابَّةٍ مِنْ مَاءٍ فَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَمْشِي عَلَى بَطْنِهِ وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَمْشِي عَلَى رِجْلَيْنِ وَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَمْشِي عَلَى أَرْبَعٍ يَخْلُقُ اللَّهُ مَا يَشَاءُ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ
024.045 And Allah has created every animal from water: of them there are some that creep on their bellies; some that walk on two legs; and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills for verily Allah has power over all things.

(please think of some animals like these)

Al-Qur'an, 024.045 (An-Noor [The Light])

025.054 وَهُوَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ مِنَ الْمَاءِ بَشَرًا فَجَعَلَهُ نَسَبًا وَصِهْرًا وَكَانَ رَبُّكَ قَدِيرًا
025.054 It is He Who has created man from water: then has He established relationships of lineage and marriage: for thy Lord has power (over all things).

Quote:

015.019 وَالأرْضَ مَدَدْنَاهَا وَأَلْقَيْنَا فِيهَا رَوَاسِيَ وَأَنْبَتْنَا فِيهَا مِنْ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ مَوْزُونٍ
015.019 And the earth We have spread out (like a carpet); set thereon mountains firm and immovable; and produced therein all kinds of things in due balance.

Al-Qur'an, 015.019 (Al-Hijr [Al-Hijr, Stoneland, Rocky City])

016.015 وَأَلْقَى فِي الأرْضِ رَوَاسِيَ أَنْ تَمِيدَ بِكُمْ وَأَنْهَارًا وَسُبُلا لَعَلَّكُمْ تَهْتَدُونَ
016.015 And He has set up on the earth mountains standing firm, lest it should shake with you; and rivers and roads; that ye may guide yourselves;

Al-Qur'an, 016.015 (An-Nahl [The Bee])

Al-Qur'an, 025.054 (Al-Furqan [The Criterion, The Standard])

022.005 يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنْ كُنْتُمْ فِي رَيْبٍ مِنَ الْبَعْثِ فَإِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُمْ مِنْ تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ مِنْ نُطْفَةٍ ثُمَّ مِنْ عَلَقَةٍ ثُمَّ مِنْ مُضْغَةٍ مُخَلَّقَةٍ وَغَيْرِ مُخَلَّقَةٍ لِنُبَيِّنَ لَكُمْ وَنُقِرُّ فِي الأرْحَامِ مَا نَشَاءُ إِلَى أَجَلٍ مُسَمًّى ثُمَّ نُخْرِجُكُمْ طِفْلا ثُمَّ لِتَبْلُغُوا أَشُدَّكُمْ وَمِنْكُمْ مَنْ يُتَوَفَّى وَمِنْكُمْ مَنْ يُرَدُّ إِلَى أَرْذَلِ الْعُمُرِ لِكَيْلا يَعْلَمَ مِنْ بَعْدِ عِلْمٍ شَيْئًا وَتَرَى الأرْضَ هَامِدَةً فَإِذَا أَنْزَلْنَا عَلَيْهَا الْمَاءَ اهْتَزَّتْ وَرَبَتْ وَأَنْبَتَتْ مِنْ كُلِّ زَوْجٍ بَهِيجٍ
022.005 O mankind! if ye have a doubt about the Resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of a leech-like clot, then out of a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may manifest (our power) to you; and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes, then (foster you) that ye may reach your age of full strength; and some of you are called to die, and some are sent back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known (much), and (further), thou seest the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells, and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs).

(this was supposed to be a contradiction in the Qur'an as stated by Non Muslims, however in the 20th and 21st century scientists were surprised to find that this was actually TRUE)

Al-Qur'an, 022.005 (Al-Hajj [The Pilgrimage])

023.014 ثُمَّ خَلَقْنَا النُّطْفَةَ عَلَقَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْعَلَقَةَ مُضْغَةً فَخَلَقْنَا الْمُضْغَةَ عِظَامًا فَكَسَوْنَا الْعِظَامَ لَحْمًا ثُمَّ أَنْشَأْنَاهُ خَلْقًا آخَرَ فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
023.014 Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!

Al-Qur'an, 023.014 (Al-Mumenoon [The Believers])

Quote:

035.011 وَاللَّهُ خَلَقَكُمْ مِنْ تُرَابٍ ثُمَّ مِنْ نُطْفَةٍ ثُمَّ جَعَلَكُمْ أَزْوَاجًا وَمَا تَحْمِلُ مِنْ أُنْثَى وَلا تَضَعُ إِلا بِعِلْمِهِ وَمَا يُعَمَّرُ مِنْ مُعَمَّرٍ وَلا يُنْقَصُ مِنْ عُمُرِهِ إِلا فِي كِتَابٍ إِنَّ ذَلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسِيرٌ
035.011 And Allah did create you from dust; then from a sperm-drop; then He made you in pairs. And no female conceives, or lays down (her load), but with His knowledge. Nor is a man long-lived granted length of days, nor is a part cut off from his life, but is in a Decree (ordained). All this is easy to Allah.

Al-Qur'an, 035.011 (Fatir [The Angels, Originator])

040.045 فَوَقَاهُ اللَّهُ سَيِّئَاتِ مَا مَكَرُوا وَحَاقَ بِآلِ فِرْعَوْنَ سُوءُ الْعَذَابِ
040.045 Then Allah saved him from (every) ill that they plotted (against him), but the burnt of the Penalty encompassed on all sides the People of Pharaoh.

Al-Qur'an, 040.045 (Al-Ghafir [The Forgiver [God]])

075.036 أَيَحْسَبُ الإنْسَانُ أَنْ يُتْرَكَ سُدًى
075.036 Does man think that he will be left uncontrolled, (without purpose)?

075.037 أَلَمْ يَكُ نُطْفَةً مِنْ مَنِيٍّ يُمْنَى
075.037 Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)?

075.038 ثُمَّ كَانَ عَلَقَةً فَخَلَقَ فَسَوَّى
075.038 Then did he become a leech-like clot; then did (Allah) make and fashion (him) in due proportion.

075.039 فَجَعَلَ مِنْهُ الزَّوْجَيْنِ الذَّكَرَ وَالأنْثَى
075.039 And of him He made two sexes, male and female.

075.040 أَلَيْسَ ذَلِكَ بِقَادِرٍ عَلَى أَنْ يُحْيِيَ الْمَوْتَى
075.040 Has not He, (the same), the power to give life to the dead?

Al-Qur'an, 075.036-040 (Al-Qiyama [The rising of The dead, resurrection])

002.040 يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اذْكُرُوا نِعْمَتِيَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأَوْفُوا بِعَهْدِي أُوفِ بِعَهْدِكُمْ وَإِيَّايَ فَارْهَبُونِ
002.040 O Children of Israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and fulfil your covenant with Me as I fulfil My Covenant with you, and fear none but Me.

Al-Qur'an, 002.040 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])

Quote:

021.033 وَهُوَ الَّذِي خَلَقَ اللَّيْلَ وَالنَّهَارَ وَالشَّمْسَ وَالْقَمَرَ كُلٌّ فِي فَلَكٍ يَسْبَحُونَ
021.033 It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course.

(Once again about the solar system)

Al-Qur'an, 021.033 (Al-Anbiya [The Prophets])

057.025 لَقَدْ أَرْسَلْنَا رُسُلَنَا بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ وَأَنْزَلْنَا مَعَهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْمِيزَانَ لِيَقُومَ النَّاسُ بِالْقِسْطِ وَأَنْزَلْنَا الْحَدِيدَ فِيهِ بَأْسٌ شَدِيدٌ وَمَنَافِعُ لِلنَّاسِ وَلِيَعْلَمَ اللَّهُ مَنْ يَنْصُرُهُ وَرُسُلَهُ بِالْغَيْبِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ قَوِيٌّ عَزِيزٌ
057.025 We sent aforetime our messengers with Clear Signs and sent down with them the Book and the Balance (of Right and Wrong), that men may stand forth in justice; and We sent down Iron, in which is (material for) mighty war, as well as many benefits for mankind, that Allah may test who it is that will help, Unseen, Him and His messengers: For Allah is Full of Strength, Exalted in Might (and able to enforce His Will).

(The Arabic word for iron is Hadid- this has a numerical value of 26, Iron's atomic number is 26- it is also now known that Iron is formed in space and then sent down to support mankind. You can think of examples yourself)

Al-Qur'an, 057.025 (Al-Hadid [The Iron])

016.029 فَادْخُلُوا أَبْوَابَ جَهَنَّمَ خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا فَلَبِئْسَ مَثْوَى الْمُتَكَبِّرِينَ
016.029 "So enter the gates of Hell, to dwell therein. Thus evil indeed is the abode of the arrogant."

Al-Qur'an, 016.029 (An-Nahl [The Bee])

016.014 وَهُوَ الَّذِي سَخَّرَ الْبَحْرَ لِتَأْكُلُوا مِنْهُ لَحْمًا طَرِيًّا وَتَسْتَخْرِجُوا مِنْهُ حِلْيَةً تَلْبَسُونَهَا وَتَرَى الْفُلْكَ مَوَاخِرَ فِيهِ وَلِتَبْتَغُوا مِنْ فَضْلِهِ وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ
016.014 It is He Who has made the sea subject, that ye may eat thereof flesh that is fresh and tender, and that ye may extract therefrom ornaments to wear; and thou seest the ships therein that plough the waves, that ye may seek (thus) of the bounty of Allah and that ye may be grateful.

Al-Qur'an, 016.014 (An-Nahl [The Bee])

(This is talking about mainly marine biology and again the benefits)

016.081 وَاللَّهُ جَعَلَ لَكُمْ مِمَّا خَلَقَ ظِلالا وَجَعَلَ لَكُمْ مِنَ الْجِبَالِ أَكْنَانًا وَجَعَلَ لَكُمْ سَرَابِيلَ تَقِيكُمُ الْحَرَّ وَسَرَابِيلَ تَقِيكُمْ بَأْسَكُمْ كَذَلِكَ يُتِمُّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُسْلِمُونَ
016.081 It is Allah Who made out of the things He created, some things to give you shade; of the hills He made some for your shelter; He made you garments to protect you from heat, and coats of mail to protect you from your (mutual) violence. Thus does He complete His favours on you, that ye may bow to His Will (in Islam).

Quote:

Al-Qur'an, 016.081 (An-Nahl [The Bee])

010.061 وَمَا تَكُونُ فِي شَأْنٍ وَمَا تَتْلُو مِنْهُ مِنْ قُرْآنٍ وَلا تَعْمَلُونَ مِنْ عَمَلٍ إِلا كُنَّا عَلَيْكُمْ شُهُودًا إِذْ تُفِيضُونَ فِيهِ وَمَا يَعْزُبُ عَنْ رَبِّكَ مِنْ مِثْقَالِ ذَرَّةٍ فِي الأرْضِ وَلا فِي السَّمَاءِ وَلا أَصْغَرَ مِنْ ذَلِكَ وَلا أَكْبَرَ إِلا فِي كِتَابٍ مُبِينٍ
010.061 In whatever business thou mayest be, and whatever portion thou mayest be reciting from the Qur'an,- and whatever deed ye (mankind) may be doing,- We are witnesses thereof when ye are deeply engrossed therein. Nor is hidden from thy Lord (so much as) the weight of an atom on the earth or in heaven. And not the least and not the greatest of these things but are recorded in a clear record.

Al-Qur'an, 010.061 (Yunus [Jonah])

034.003 وَقَالَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا لا تَأْتِينَا السَّاعَةُ قُلْ بَلَى وَرَبِّي لَتَأْتِيَنَّكُمْ عَالِمِ الْغَيْبِ لا يَعْزُبُ عَنْهُ مِثْقَالُ ذَرَّةٍ فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَلا فِي الأرْضِ وَلا أَصْغَرُ مِنْ ذَلِكَ وَلا أَكْبَرُ إِلا فِي كِتَابٍ مُبِينٍ
034.003 The Unbelievers say, "Never to us will come the Hour": Say, "Nay! but most surely, by my Lord, it will come upon you;- by Him Who knows the unseen,- from Whom is not hidden the least little atom in the heavens or on earth: Nor is there anything less than that, or greater, but is in the Record Perspicuous:

Al-Qur'an, 034.003 (Saba [Saba, Sheba])

(There is a continous mention of atom, even in another chapter where it mentions the fact, a person maybe accountable an atoms weight of good or bad.)

030.041 ظَهَرَ الْفَسَادُ فِي الْبَرِّ وَالْبَحْرِ بِمَا كَسَبَتْ أَيْدِي النَّاسِ لِيُذِيقَهُمْ بَعْضَ الَّذِي عَمِلُوا لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْجِعُونَ
030.041 Mischief has appeared on land and sea because of (the meed) that the hands of men have earned, that (Allah) may give them a taste of some of their deeds: in order that they may turn back (from Evil).

Al-Qur'an, 030.041 (Ar-Room [The Romans, The Byzantines])

(Scholars say this talks about pollution and indeed pollution is a punishment)

032.009 ثُمَّ سَوَّاهُ وَنَفَخَ فِيهِ مِنْ رُوحِهِ وَجَعَلَ لَكُمُ السَّمْعَ وَالأبْصَارَ وَالأفْئِدَةَ قَلِيلا مَا تَشْكُرُونَ
032.009 But He fashioned him in due proportion, and breathed into him something of His spirit. And He gave you (the faculties of) hearing and sight and feeling (and understanding): little thanks do ye give!

Al-Qur'an, 032.009 (As-Sajda [The Prostration, Worship, Adoration])

Quote:

041.011 ثُمَّ اسْتَوَى إِلَى السَّمَاءِ وَهِيَ دُخَانٌ فَقَالَ لَهَا وَلِلأرْضِ اِئْتِيَا طَوْعًا أَوْ كَرْهًا قَالَتَا أَتَيْنَا طَائِعِينَ
041.011 Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth: "Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly." They said: "We do come (together), in willing obedience."

041.012 فَقَضَاهُنَّ سَبْعَ سَمَاوَاتٍ فِي يَوْمَيْنِ وَأَوْحَى فِي كُلِّ سَمَاءٍ أَمْرَهَا وَزَيَّنَّا السَّمَاءَ الدُّنْيَا بِمَصَابِيحَ وَحِفْظًا ذَلِكَ تَقْدِيرُ الْعَزِيزِ الْعَلِيمِ
041.012 So He completed them as seven firmaments in two Days, and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command. And We adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard. Such is the Decree of (Him) the Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge.

Al-Qur'an, 041.011-012 (Fussilat [Explained in Detail])

(Science knows that there are seven layers of atmosphere, so here is the truth of the seven heavens)

029.041 مَثَلُ الَّذِينَ اتَّخَذُوا مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ أَوْلِيَاءَ كَمَثَلِ الْعَنْكَبُوتِ اتَّخَذَتْ بَيْتًا وَإِنَّ أَوْهَنَ الْبُيُوتِ لَبَيْتُ الْعَنْكَبُوتِ لَوْ كَانُوا يَعْلَمُونَ
029.041 The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider's house;- if they but knew.

Al-Qur'an, 029.041 (Al-Ankaboot [The Spider])

(A spider's web can easily be destroyed)

067.030 قُلْ أَرَأَيْتُمْ إِنْ أَصْبَحَ مَاؤُكُمْ غَوْرًا فَمَنْ يَأْتِيكُمْ بِمَاءٍ مَعِينٍ
067.030 Say: "See ye?- If your stream be some morning lost (in the underground earth), who then can supply you with clear-flowing water?"

Al-Qur'an, 067.030 (Al-Mulk [The Sovereignty, Control, Dominion])

002.030 وَإِذْ قَالَ رَبُّكَ لِلْمَلائِكَةِ إِنِّي جَاعِلٌ فِي الأرْضِ خَلِيفَةً قَالُوا أَتَجْعَلُ فِيهَا مَنْ يُفْسِدُ فِيهَا وَيَسْفِكُ الدِّمَاءَ وَنَحْنُ نُسَبِّحُ بِحَمْدِكَ وَنُقَدِّسُ لَكَ قَالَ إِنِّي أَعْلَمُ مَا لا تَعْلَمُونَ
002.030 Behold, thy Lord said to the angels: "I will create a vicegerent on earth." They said: "Wilt Thou place therein one who will make mischief therein and shed blood?- whilst we do celebrate Thy praises and glorify Thy holy (name)?" He said: "I know what ye know not."

Al-Qur'an, 002.030 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])

(A brief mention that there will be some wrong doers, misguided)

Quote:

013.013 وَيُسَبِّحُ الرَّعْدُ بِحَمْدِهِ وَالْمَلائِكَةُ مِنْ خِيفَتِهِ وَيُرْسِلُ الصَّوَاعِقَ فَيُصِيبُ بِهَا مَنْ يَشَاءُ وَهُمْ يُجَادِلُونَ فِي اللَّهِ وَهُوَ شَدِيدُ الْمِحَالِ
013.013 Nay, thunder repeateth His praises, and so do the angels, with awe: He flingeth the loud-voiced thunder-bolts, and therewith He striketh whomsoever He will..yet these (are the men) who (dare to) dispute about Allah, with the strength of His power (supreme)!

Al-Qur'an, 013.013 (Ar-Rad [The Thunder])

015.022 وَأَرْسَلْنَا الرِّيَاحَ لَوَاقِحَ فَأَنْزَلْنَا مِنَ السَّمَاءِ مَاءً فَأَسْقَيْنَاكُمُوهُ وَمَا أَنْتُمْ لَهُ بِخَازِنِينَ
015.022 And We send the fecundating winds, then cause the rain to descend from the sky, therewith providing you with water (in abundance), though ye are not the guardians of its stores.

Al-Qur'an, 015.022 (Al-Hijr [Al-Hijr, Stoneland, Rocky City])

Sadaqallahul Azeem.

If you have the will, study more... I challenge you to tell me that your science disagrees with these verses....I challenge you.

Pass on if you wish.

Let me tell you this much dear sister or brother: Allah has also said in the Qur'an that there will be some who understand the verses and some who don't. Some verses would be allegorical and only for those who deeply understand.

If you have anymore questions, I will answer every single question.

Some questions I have.

I tried looking up "7 Layers of Earths Atmosphere" and could only find 5 am I looking it up wrong?

What other elements does it have the correct atomic number for?

Even if there is "science facts" in the Qur'an that doesn't support anything other than the scientific statements the rest is still lacking evidence.

Have you heard of Nostradamus?

Has there been any "science facts" tested based on the Qur'an before the were considered science facts?

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
The stages of birth from

The stages of birth from sperm to being born (though removing the clot) and mentions of an atom. Out of all those lines, that is ALL I could find that was scientific. The rest was preaching that had nothing to do with anything or basic and bloody obvious observations of things that exist. For example ...

Quote:
016.014 It is He Who has made the sea subject, that ye may eat thereof flesh that is fresh and tender, and that ye may extract therefrom ornaments to wear; and thou seest the ships therein that plough the waves, that ye may seek (thus) of the bounty of Allah and that ye may be grateful.

Al-Qur'an, 016.014 (An-Nahl [The Bee])

(This is talking about mainly marine biology and again the benefits)

What the fuck does that have to do with biology? It's just an observation. Yes, there's fish in the sea. Whoop de do. There's also cows on land, does this make my 5 year old nephew a biologist?

Quote:
011.007 He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days - and His Throne was over the waters - that He might try you, which of you is best in conduct. But if thou wert to say to them, "Ye shall indeed be raised up after death", the Unbelievers would be sure to say, "This is nothing but obvious sorcery!"

That one is pure preaching as far as I can tell. I can't for the life of me figure out anything scientific or even observable about that section.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Magus wrote: Some questions

Magus wrote:
Some questions I have.I tried looking up "7 Layers of Earths Atmosphere" and could only find 5 am I looking it up wrong?
The tribesmen knew nothing about the 'spheres. They got the 'layers' by looking at the clear blue dry desert sky and distinguished the layers by observing the different shades of blue. Anyone can see the different bands of shades.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Verses 2:30, 2:40, 11:7,

Verses 2:30, 2:40, 11:7, 15:19, 15:22, 16:14-15, 16:29, 16:81, 21:31, 22:5, 24:45, 25:54, 30:41, 32:9, 35:11, 40:45, 57:25, 67:30, 75:36, and 75:39-40 contain no references to anything scientific beyond mere observations that any goatherder of the time could make. These verses are irrelevant. As for the remaining verses...

Quote:
21:30 Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

Science does not say the ground and sky were torn apart by multiple people (we). Further, the notion of water origin was borrowed from Genesis, which borrowed from Babylonian mythology. The Babylonians were an imaginative bunch. This verse is not impressive.

Quote:
23:14 Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!

Sperm does not solidify into a blood clot. Bones are not made from blood. Bones are not clothed in flesh because that requires bones to be present before flesh but the opposite is true.

Quote:
75:37 Was he not a drop of sperm emitted (in lowly form)?

Partly, as sperm carries half the DNA, but not completely as would be suggested by verse 23:14.

Quote:
75:038 Then did he become a leech-like clot; then did (Allah) make and fashion (him) in due proportion.

No, he did not become a leech-like solidified-sperm blood clot.

Quote:
21:33 It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course.

Most, if not all, orbits in our solar system are elliptical, not circular. The rest of the verse is not scientific either.

Quote:
10:61 In whatever business thou mayest be, and whatever portion thou mayest be reciting from the Qur'an,- and whatever deed ye (mankind) may be doing,- We are witnesses thereof when ye are deeply engrossed therein. Nor is hidden from thy Lord (so much as) the weight of an atom on the earth or in heaven. And not the least and not the greatest of these things but are recorded in a clear record.

The writer learned the idea of an atom from the Greeks, who did not have an accurate understanding of it. That's hardly impressive.

Quote:
34:3 The Unbelievers say, "Never to us will come the Hour": Say, "Nay! but most surely, by my Lord, it will come upon you;- by Him Who knows the unseen,- from Whom is not hidden the least little atom in the heavens or on earth: Nor is there anything less than that, or greater, but is in the Record Perspicuous:

This says the atom is the smallest of things, but this is false: quarks and leptons are smaller. The author was probably also unaware of electrons, protons, and neutrons because he held the Greek view of it being indivisible.

Quote:
41:11 Moreover He comprehended in His design the sky, and it had been (as) smoke: He said to it and to the earth: "Come ye together, willingly or unwillingly." They said: "We do come (together), in willing obedience." 41:12 So He completed them as seven firmaments in two Days, and He assigned to each heaven its duty and command. And We adorned the lower heaven with lights, and (provided it) with guard. Such is the Decree of (Him) the Exalted in Might, Full of Knowledge.

(Science knows that there are seven layers of atmosphere, so here is the truth of the seven heavens)

The earth and sky do not talk. If you say this is metaphorical, you must concede it's not scientific. Further, 41:12 says stars are placed inside the atmosphere--a notion also borrowed from Genesis--but that was refuted hundreds of years ago. Further, there are only five layers of atmosphere: troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere, and exosphere. The idea of seven layers of heaven comes from observing seven distinct bands of different shades of blue when looking at the clear desert sky, which is an observation any goatherder of the time could've made.

Quote:
29:41 The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider's house;- if they but knew.

(A spider's web can easily be destroyed)

The web is not a home but a tool to catch food, if Allah but knew.

Quote:
13:13 Nay, thunder repeateth His praises, and so do the angels, with awe: He flingeth the loud-voiced thunder-bolts, and therewith He striketh whomsoever He will..yet these (are the men) who (dare to) dispute about Allah, with the strength of His power (supreme)!

"Thunder bolts" is nonsense. Thunder is sound. Sound does not bolt. Even if I were gracious, pretending thunder was equivalent to lightning, this still would not be a scientific statement.

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

carx
carx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: 023.014 Then We made

Quote:

023.014 Then We made the sperm into a clot of congealed blood; then of that clot We made a (foetus) lump; then we made out of that lump bones and clothed the bones with flesh; then we developed out of it another creature. So blessed be Allah, the best to create!

Allas version:

sperm >bones > skin >human

Reality :

Zygote > skin > bones >human

Warning I’m not a native English speaker.

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=281515 DDR and game sound track download

Visual_Paradox
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
I rewrote my earlier post

I rewrote my earlier post to improve its concision while also adding the information presented by Aiia and Carx Smiling

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
CHRISTIANS, IF YOU THINK

CHRISTIANS, IF YOU THINK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES TRYING TO BASTERDIZE SCIENCE AND TURN IT INTO JUNK SCIENCE TO JUSTIFY YOUR MYTH, READ THIS POST!

BOTH religions know that science is pointing away from the "god of the gaps". Insted of doing the intlectually honest thing and giving up on an ancient fairy tale, BOTH religions have people within who try to turn lagit science to justify Harry Potter claims.

This attempt does not fool lagit scientists. You dont use science to justify claims of Thor making lighting, so why would we believe claims of ghosts knocking up girls or Allah picking the sex of the babby?

WE ARE NOT FOOLED!

This is just the Muslim version of, "Pay no attention to the mythology behind the curtain."

And Christian crapinism and ID is no different. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

carx
carx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well the quran is more

Well the quran is more difficult to read then the revelation in the bible !

I think somewhere in this text there is a contradiction with geology (mountain formation) and astrology (rain) however I can simply interpret some bullshit.

O and I would reply to the author of this mail with “Why is alla talking in the third  person ?” I mean we we we in the entire text ! I remember  all Muslims criticized Christians for believing in multiple gods (father , zombie and the sidekick ghost ) so is alla suffering from multiple personality disorder LOL.

Warning I’m not a native English speaker.

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=281515 DDR and game sound track download

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
I included all that was

I included all that was said here in my reply to this person and this is their current reply to me.

Quote:

Hello dear brother in humanity,

I repeat once again, the unbelievers are those who are blinded because they can see no truth. You look at the perspective from which Allah had told humanity, is a disbeliever's perspective. Do not insult Allah at the least- on the day of judgment you will not cry as much... Unless you change yourself. Please read on...

The Qur'an's revelation was the beginning of many scientific and mathematical discoveries. Muslims were the first to actually search for some truth in the world and intitiated a set of scientific discoveries like none other. Al Jabbar for example, famous for discovering algebra. When these ideas came to the west, science again started improving.

Then came Charles Darwin.

Coming towards the present day, atheism is said to have been decreasing all because of the idea of "intelligent design". Darwin's theory is being considered the biggest error and research on as many scientists before him as you can...You will see that the successful ones involved God.

I will start my investigation on the periodic table as soon as possible Insha Allah.

As for Nostradamus, well he must have read the Qur'an and the hadith. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) said that towards the end of time, earthquakes and such will increase- he also said bloodshed would increase. NO Muhammad was no astrologer. He had the Qur'an and the holy revelations.

Your last question: yes, facts have been tested. I will give you some URLs:

www.55a.net
www.thisistruth.org
www.miraclesofthequran.com
www.harunyahya.com

Right, here is the biggest- the matter of embryology.

For many years people said that this verse in the Qur'an was contradictory because, they did not know the truth. Then scientists proved this to be true and Islam saw a fast growth in numbers.

Visit:

http://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-a.htm
http://emuslim.com/QuranandScience/Embryology.asp
http://www.islamicmedicine.org/embryology.htm

Also, research on something called "Medicine of the Qur'an" you will see the whole story then...

It is upto you...

Original Message:

> Quote:
> "10:61 In whatever business thou mayest be, and whatever portion thou mayest be r...

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

Visual_Paradox
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I repeat once again,

Quote:
I repeat once again, the unbelievers are those who are blinded because they can see no truth. You look at the perspective from which Allah had told humanity, is a disbeliever's perspective. Do not insult Allah at the least- on the day of judgment you will not cry as much... Unless you change yourself.

Very scary, I'm sure.

Quote:
The Qur'an's revelation was the beginning of many scientific and mathematical discoveries. Muslims were the first to actually search for some truth in the world and intitiated a set of scientific discoveries like none other. Al Jabbar for example, famous for discovering algebra. When these ideas came to the west, science again started improving.

Correlation does not equal causation.

Quote:
Coming towards the present day, atheism is said to have been decreasing all because of the idea of "intelligent design". Darwin's theory is being considered the biggest error and research on as many scientists before him as you can...You will see that the successful ones involved God.

All relevant statistics available show atheism is increasing, not decreasing, worldwide. Further, a large percentage of theists and practically all atheists laugh at the idea of intelligent design because it is, fundamentally, an argument from ignorance, which is logically fallacious. Further, the theory of evolution is considered one of the most well-attested theories in all of science, standing alongside general relativity and quantum theory.

Quote:
As for Nostradamus, well he must have read the Qur'an and the hadith. Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) said that towards the end of time, earthquakes and such will increase- he also said bloodshed would increase. NO Muhammad was no astrologer. He had the Qur'an and the holy revelations.

Both were charlatans.

Quote:

For many years people said that this verse in the Qur'an was contradictory because, they did not know the truth. Then scientists proved this to be true and Islam saw a fast growth in numbers.

Visit:

I see that the second link is misinterpreting verses—interpreting congealed as meaning to stick, to cling, etc. when the word actually means to stiffen, to solidify, etc., hence the basis of my earlier remark that sperm does not solidify (congeal) into a blood clot. The words cleave and congeal are not interchangable. Further, why do fetuses, as shown in the first link, develop tails? Why do adult humans retain some of that tail in the form of the coccyx? These are signs of evolution, not of divine creation. The relevant page on the third link merely repeats the assertions you made earlier, which I've already shown to be flawed.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Hello dear brother

Quote:

Hello dear brother in humanity,

I repeat once again, the unbelievers are those who are blinded because they can see no truth. You look at the perspective from which Allah had told humanity, is a disbeliever's perspective. Do not insult Allah at the least- on the day of judgment you will not cry as much... Unless you change yourself. Please read on...

Great way to start a discussion, with insults and threats.  It's funny how muslims can get away with that kind of thing without anyone batting an eyelid yet someone draws a harmless little doodle and they're setting buildings on fire and declaring wars.  If you want respect given to you, you have to give respect. 

It's a two way street.  Stop insulting and threatening us and maybe we'll afford you the honour of respecting your beliefs and not doing something we take for granted like drawing pictures.  Until such time as I see an apology, I shall be treating you in like with just as much respect as you showed us. Smiling

Quote:

I always had the impress all they did was record and preserve Greek discoveries?  Whoops.  I guess I have my history a little backwards then when I think that the Egyptian and Babylonian cultures were around and using algebra hundreds if not thousands of years before the concept Islam ever supposedly entered that illiterate abusive cave dwelling loonie's head.

Quote:

Said by christian fundies only, people who like you have no clue what they're on about. Smiling

Quote:

What, because he wrote things so vague that they cannot actually be used to make predictions or provide anything useful, only squeezed and re-interperated after events to fit said events?  Because religious people of all faiths like to do the exact same thing with their holy books?

Quote:
Your last question: yes, facts have been tested. I will give you some URLs:

www.55a.net
www.thisistruth.org
www.miraclesofthequran.com
www.harunyahya.com

Visit:

All of these sites are nothing more than desperate reaching as you did in the original posts we read from you.  Trying to change the science to fit some vague, random sentence that in reality has nothing to do with it.  Not so much a case of counting the hits and ignoring the misses, but more so FORCING the hits so the misses don't seem so embarrasing.

Quote:
Also, research on something called "Medicine of the Qur'an" you will see the whole story then...

It is upto you...

No, it's up to you.  You're the one making the claim there's science in the Qoran.  You're the one who has to prove there is. 

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

iranu
User is offlineOffline
Magus wrote: The parable

Magus wrote:
The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider's house;- if they but knew.<br /><br />Al-Qur'an, 029.041 (Al-Ankaboot [The Spider]
This is nonsense. If you look at the mechanical properties of spider silk you'll find that they are far superior to steels and other man made fibres weight for weight.  Some info but I doubt that this will be read, it simply doesn't confirm their delusion.

http://www.earthlife.net/chelicerata/silk.html

http://www.scienceline.ucsb.edu/search/DB/show_question.php?key=984692738

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1134/is_6_110/ai_76550330

http://www.tms.org/pubs/journals/JOM/0502/Elices-0502.html

If you could make rope or a house out of spider silk it would be far stronger than anything we could make now let alone when mohamed was about. This is just the ignorant trying to justify their beliefs without any understanding of science.

The_Fragile
The_Fragile's picture
User is offlineOffline
My Muslim friend provided me

My Muslim friend provided me the same passages. Making the same claim. As others have stated, I found them either extremely vague. Leaving just enough mental wiggle room to come to a biased conclusion or easily explainable by observation. I guess I wasn't interpreting them correctly. *queue eyeroll*

I hope they cannot see
the limitless potential
living inside of me
to murder everything.
I hope they cannot see
I am the great destroyer.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
muslim wrote:

muslim wrote:

I repeat once again, the unbelievers are those who are blinded because they can see no truth. You look at the perspective from which Allah had told humanity, is a disbeliever's perspective.

For all their "science", have muslims not yet discovered the fallacy of circular reasoning?

Muslim wrote:
Do not insult Allah at the least- on the day of judgment you will not cry as much... Unless you change yourself.

How about the ad baculum fallacy?

Muslim wrote:

The Qur'an's revelation was the beginning of many scientific and mathematical discoveries.

Nonsense. There was indeed a golden age of islamic civilization where science and mathematics flourished -- no thanks to the qu'ran. Rather, the sacrosanctity of the qu'ran, and even the existence of allah ("the" god) were questioned -- read up on Averroes and Avicenna for starters.

What does mr. muslim pride think islam's greatest contribution to science is since the time of al-ghazali?

Muslim wrote:
Muslims were the first to actually search for some truth in the world and intitiated a set of scientific discoveries like none other.

Nonsense. islamic scholars of the golden age read the Greek philosophers. Arabic numerals originated in hindustan.

muslim wrote:

Even if this was well-phrased, it would still be b.s. "...is said to have been decreasing..."; impressive use of a participle, but otherwise meaningless.

"the successful ones involved god" -- No idea what he means by "successful", but how about some actual names?

muslim wrote:

I will start my investigation on the periodic table as soon as possible Insha Allah.

Your study of the periodic table should lead you to conclude that there is no such thing as the will of allah.

muslim wrote:
As for Nostradamus, well he must have read the Qur'an and the hadith.

Since nostradamus spewed nothing but b.s., that would not at all surprise me.

muslim wrote:

Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) said that towards the end of time, earthquakes and such will increase- he also said bloodshed would increase.

earthquakes "and such"?

"towards" the end of time?

If he turns out to be wrong, it will be too late to call him out on it, because, well, it's the end of time, right?

Salaam out. I'm bored.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††