Do you believe in life after death??

kemod7
kemod7's picture
User is offlineOffline

Humans just happen to have an intellect many times that of any other animal. We also have a frontal lobe, something no other animal has, It's what makes us different from animals. We "think and stuff" because we are INTELLIGENT. Animals do not have the capacity for self-conciousness like we do. That "we must have a purpose of existence" way of thinking has been around since man learned to write. It's what makes us think there is a god. Humans NEED answers, and when they can't find a logical answer for an unanswerable question, they make shit up. So yeah, I don't believe in life after death because we are just a small part of mother nature.

What do you think??

We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking,
if mankind is to survive.

natto_the_sane
User is offlineOffline

I find it quite worrying that so much of the culture now is about living forever, staying young etc, etc.

Imagine spending all of your time and money on your appearance and a healthy lifestyle - how dull. Give me late nights, plenty of Guinness and in the words of Morrissey, "I smoke because I'm hoping for an early death, and I need to cling to something".

Safer roads, safer cars, medical breakthroughs - all good things - but even the BBC talks about 'saving lives' - no, prolonging lives.

We are all going to die - even me - and when I die that will be it. The end. Worm food. No thought, no 'afterlife'.

I'm too busy living to worry about growing older. I don't want to live forever . I have no desire to die yet - but I'm not planning on having a pension that lasts me till I'm over 100!

Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind. ~ Virginia Woolf 1928.

Elta31
User is offlineOffline
After-life...

What is with all of these religious folks who pray everyday so they can spend an eternity with a man with holes in his wrists and a woman who only fucks Holy Spirits'? The Virgin Mary in 2000 years only gave it up once and that was to The Supreme Fucking Being. Now all of those that like to get a piece of ass now and again will be shit-out-of-luck once you are admitted past The Pearly gates since you will spend an eternity with a woman who only fucks God. I think I'll take my chances with Satan and Hell since all of the HOT women are there anyway.