Atheist just as bad as Christians!

Beatz
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Atheist just as bad as Christians!

Its funny how hypocritical you guys are, you say Christians are like terrorist, putting the fear of hell in people to make them believe in a God that doesn't exist.  While you do the same thing by putting the fear of no God into people, no hope for any afterlife, no hope of moral bliss, no hope of a better place after death, just nothingness.  All the pain and hurt you went through in life for no reason at all.  All the time you spent on earth, just to die. 

Atheist spend all their time in their empty lifestyle of work and partying, drugs and sex, book writing, web-site making, rational responding, etc.. A materialistic endeavor, a futile campaign of work and play, an endless drought of high life or low, ridding the world of people awaiting a blessed hope, who die trying to encourage others that there is something better after this terrible place.  The whole of population is already in agreement with you guys, maybe not as irrational as making the absurd statement, that lacks absolute surety that there is "No God."  What is your motive?  The world would be a better place if all 6 billion people didn't believe in anything at all?  If people just went on in emptiness the world would be a better place?  This is what you preach?  And you say Christians are bad.  WOW!!  Anyone with a brain can see that this way of thinking has lead to another pointless act, in the name of the GREATER GOOD, yeah....  I mean, what's the point? 

If we are just some anonymous creatures, with empty task, why don't you just blast yourself now?  You wanna enjoy your life, the way you want to right?  Having a job, having no job, this is what brings you joy?  A house, a girlfriend/wife, a car and a family, so much happiness?  None of these things mean anything at all, and i'm sorry if you find joy in such stupidity, i really am sorry, and pity you.  Its funny, such an empty lifestyle, vanity.  I guess this is the reason why so many people support abortion, "why not spare the little lad of such emptiness, I wanna continue in my nothingness without interruption.  I cant live the way I want to with a baby, I'll abort him/her, in THE NAME OF FREEDOM!!  No freedom for you my son/daughter, I must continue to rid the world of Christians, you'll only get in my way.  I have the privilege of nothing, and i'm going to spare you that privilege."  You go through life in search of nothing, always learning, but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.  Teaching people to partake in your infidelity, and condemning others who don't support such a lame cause. 

Well did not God tell us about you in the book of Romans, you have 14 versus dedicated to you.  Romans 1:18-32 especially 32.  And i'm not going into a bible debate with anybody, unless compelled(if such a person is on the brink of some type of wisdom), just know this, God from the foundation of the world has elected people unto salvation, so Brian is right about something finally, He elected the nation of Israel, and they cleaned house, mass genocide all over the earth, by His command, man, woman and child, there evilness deserving of death.  He chose one nation to be merciful to, and even they were just as disobedient as the pagan ones, and its clearly illustrated in the judgment they are under now.  And please spare me on the innocence of children lecture, when you support abortion, fools and blind!! 

No man comes to God, unless the Father draws Him, so stop wasting your time, searching the bible, you cant understand it unless you are Gods elect, unless God elected you unto salvation before the foundation of the world, unless He regenerates you out of your self-flesh pleasing selves, you will remain in the debased state you are in, and die in it as well.  And continue to curse and blaspheme, Psalms 76:10 says your wrath praises Him, all the time you shake the fist at Him, and curse His name, all the more praises Him, how He is sovereign over His creatures, and there's nothing you can do about.  

So, why don't you go run a campaign on other persons putting the fear in individuals, not just Theist, what about police, who use scare tactics like the speed limit to stop people from reckless driving, or the camera's at stop lights that evoke the fear of a fine, if ran.  Or maybe insurance companies who put the fear in you and compel you to more coverage, you never know, a tornado could hit your house and car, you could've saved %15 percent or more if you would've switched, thatss all-states stand!  Or maybe your country, who IS NOT in Iraq for the sake of Christianity, we are just like any other great ruler in times past, trying to gain control over everything.  How about Alexander the Great, Pharraoh and the Egyptians, or the Roman Empire, whose motivation was not gods, but to serve there own flesh in trying to take over the world.  Since there is NO GOD, these men did these things because they were self pleasing, so now we know what atheist do in absence of any divine Being, (Brain animated voice) TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!! 

Your claim is that there is NO GOD, so since there is NO GOD, we as humans, have been acting out of our own self conscious efforts, the outward confessions made by people meant nothing, in actuality they were doing it all for themselves or their nation.  So your claims of atheism is the cure are inane, since we are all actually atheist, the world and its results are caused by atheism. 

Oh yeah, and if your not Gods elect, No, your not going to become a Christian on your death bed, as you think some people do, it doesn't work that way, No, everyone cannot gain repentance, Hitler, Stalin, whoever, I don't care if they claimed to be Christians, they are not in heaven, trust and believe.  Repentance has to be granted to you (2 Timothy 2:25).  No, everyone claiming to be a Christian is not a Christian, No, almost the whole of Americans are no where near God, No you cant do what you want in Christianity and ask for forgiveness, stop trying to read the scriptures, if you can interpret it correctly, Jesus is not teaching that as a Christian you do anything you want and ask forgiveness, Paul expounded on Jesus teaching in Romans 6, and also a word of condemnation for such people thinking they can continue in their evil deeds, and still think they are Christians, and accuse the bible of encouraging such (Romans 3:Cool.  Saying there is no God is not the unpardonable sin, on the contrary, your title is given in Psalms 14:1.

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com

albedo_00
albedo_00's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well well well, that "other

Well well well, that "other thread" you started got kicked to the trolling section eh? Pointless as it was, it's no wonder, and so you came back to the "boring discussion" to preach some more. Be that as it may, I have to admit, for once, we completely agree, this IS getting boring.

Since you evidently have nothing more to add to this discussion (because you got caught stealing from your bro, you naughty boy) I have nothing to say to you. And for the rest of the guys and gals here, may I suggest something?:

http://www.postyourimage.com/view_image.php?img_id=yrqyVO4sEUqEvg61202008296

don't feed'em zealots

Lenore, The Cute Little Dead Girl. Twice as good as Jesus.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: And, my OP

Beatz wrote:

And, my OP still stands, I haven't changed any of my views. You still have an empty lifestyle, with nothing to look forward to, i'm sorry these materials bring you joy.

you obviously did not read my comment, or chose to blow it off. maybe it's because you're so obsessed with the "afterlife" that you're unable to recognize the simple joys of actually living, or perhaps because the details of my life completely demolish your ridiculous theory of atheists having an "empty lifestyle".

it's a shame that you've chosen to spend your brief time on this planet manically preparing for the day that you cease to exist, and that you're so appalled by those who are actively living meaningful lives without fear or regret.

i would say that i'll keep you in my thoughts, but there are others far more deserving of my concern, and who have a real desire to be happy while their actually alive. and the help they require can only be provided by other living human beings, not by the empty promises of fairy tale book.

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

Beatz
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Whats up Chainsaw.   The

Whats up Chainsaw.

The reason I put that last line, "Latin, since you know so much, James 4:17."  I was addressing Latincanuck, the self proclaimed bible scholar.

First, you have to understand, that the carnel mind is enmity against God.  What that means is, unless regenerated by the Holy Spirit, you could care less about anything I'm saying.  You dont wanna hear about anything spiritual.  You hate God, or you dont believe He exist, Christians are delusional idiots, and anything else vile that you can think of.  This is because the natural human mind is totally depraved.  The gospel, and preaching irritates you to the point of exploding.

Signs of a debased mind:  filled with unrighteousness, sexual immorality(fornicators,homosexuals), wickedness, covetousness(greed), malice, full of envy, murder, strife, deciet, evil-mindedness, whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful, mouth full of cursing and bitterness, your a theif, and there is no fear of God before your eyes. - Apostle Paul, Romans 1:28-31 & 3:9-18,  I know how much you guys hate the bible but I don't wanna plagiarize.

So, how has conversion changed the physical aspects of my life, well for starters I was that whole list I gave you, and more!  There is a radical change in a true believers lifestyle.  Dont get me wrong, we are going to make mistakes till death, plenty at that, because as a believer, we are growing with two different natures.  We are born with a %100 carnel nature, which we will have, this whole life, but once converted, or born again, God gives you a new nature.

An un-regenerate person will go on in their natural lifestyle.  The list I gave you is just normal human being attributes to them, telling lies and cursing people out is just a natural part of life.  They will go to work everyday, they might even have a family to take care, they find fulfillment in materials, and have plenty of hobbies and things to do, "you only have one life to live, and you gotta live it to the full." 

The sign of regeneration is a sudden void in your once thought full lifestyle.  Suddenly, bleakness endows you.  One day your gonna have real problems, and your wife, friends, family, and psychologist aren't gonna be able to help you. 

Now you say, "come on Beatz, everyone comes to the point when they search for purpose."  While this is true, the true believer is no longer searching for purpose friends.  They are no longer living the lifestyle of the american dream, or in a pursuit of happyness.  Those days are over, the physical aspects have changed tremendously, and now he/she wants to go out and tell the world. 

Now, i'm sorry if you think i'm ready and willing to be put to death for my faith in Christ, that im delusional.  

Pointing out a true and false conversion, is tough, but i'll give you some tips.  Do you know them well, and you see them go to church on sundays, but yet they never share their faith with you? - False believer, who thinks by going to church and paying tithes, is going to save them.  Do they live a lifestyle as if God does not exist, participating in worldly affairs, and make outward confessions of faith? - False believer.  Are they still in pursuit of an over abundance of materials?  Or are they content with the little they have?  Do they live a modest life, or do they stand in a pulpit with gold and platinum on, rolex watches, and tell you how much God wants to do the same for you too? - False Prophet.  Is there name Benny Hinn? - False Prophet.

A Christian with a new nature HATES to sin.  It makes him sick to his stomach.  He CANNOT stay in a state of sin his whole life, it is impossible!  If he stays in it till death, he was never a Christian, if you once believed, and now you dont, and you die in that state of unbelief, you were never a Christian.  We are tough to find friends. 

Finding sound doctrine in America is like finding a needle in a haystack.  Jesus spoke of this in His parable of the Wheat and the Tares.  Matthew 13:24-30.  In palestine during that era, tares or darnel(lolium temulentum) bared a close resemblence, not distinguishable till harvest.  

Do I pray all day?  No, I need a lot of help in my prayer life.  But I do pray for you guys, everyday.

Do I proselytise?  Yes, this is all a Christian lives for, and the only reason we are on this earth.  We are daily being conformed into the image of Christ, and while we are here on earth, our soul purpose is to spread the gospel.  This is another way of snuffing out a true Christian, does he/she devout his life to the spread of the gospel?  Dont get me wrong, there are some Christians out there who are what we call, baby Christians, they haven't matured in the faith, and still are having some things tweaked, and thats what the conforming process is about, which only God can do, our whole life is a growth process.

Do I do great works?  One thing about a Christian is the acknowledgement that you are a dirty rotten sinner.  That God is infinetly above you, and you come tremendously short of His glory.  An unregenerte will never admit such, they'll simply say they have shortcomings.  Your works dont mean a thing to God, and plenty of people are going to judgement, thinking they will tell God how much of a good person they were, here on earth, and its not gonna profit them a penny. 

Do I leap tall crosses with a singe bound?  As humorous that was. No.

Am I sober and chaste?  Cant help a smile.

Whats the difference between the elect, and other mystics?  Well, like I said before, Christianity, is a full and complete acknowledgement, that you are not a good person, that your a dirty, filthy, rotten, sinner, and that your good works, and nice attitude mean absolutely nothing to God.  On the other hand, Islam, you gotta have good works in order for Allah to accept you.  Jehoavah's Witness, works.  You've seen them door to door.  Mormans, works.  You've seen them door to door.  Buhdism, and all other ism's, works.  You re-incarnate in your next life, according to your works in the life before.  So the buhdist aren't even who they say they are, since they've been recycled in life so many times.  For all you know, your friend who's a buhdist, is actually a dog from the past, or your pet dog, is actually a former buhdist with bad works.

Do I feel guilty about the reprobate?  You dont even know how much sleep I lose over this.  To me, as a human, I dont understand the ways of God, so naturally, I think its cruel and unusual for God to create a perosn for the soul purpose of being destroyed.  But I have no authority, whatsoever, to reply agaisnt my Creator.  There's not a day that goes by, that I dont almost come to tears ministering to a soul that I dont know is a reprobate or elect.  I pray earnestly, that you guys are elect.  If your with me till this point, could be a chance.  The carnel man most likely would've read two or three paragraphs, and is already in pursuit of the derogatory rebuttles.

As Christians we dont posess a natural human love, human love fails over time.  The love thats stored in us will never fail.  Oh, and especially the love for our Savior, and I'll defend Him till the death, because I love Him.  I'll be called any name you can think of, because I love Him.  I'll get spat upon and beat up, because I love Him.  I love Him, because He first loved me, and in return, this unfailing love He has bestowed upon us will never fail towards Him, or other believers, or enemy's, or family, because its Him that actually loves through us.

Would I surrendor my seat in heaven for my loved ones salvation? Yes, for my wife, and son.  For you guys, no.  I might consider putting my natural life on the line for friends and family like yall though, knowing that im secured in Christ that woudn't make that big of a deal.

A buddy of mine, told me about this pastor who was looking at life in prison.  His lawyer told him there was nothing he could do for him.  He prayed to the Lord, God told him he would only get 25 years.  He told the lawyer, just defend the case as best you can.  He happen to get 25 years, as God promised.  He went to jail, and the first sunday, guards came in and asked if anyone wanted to go to church.  The inmates in his cell block threatened him with with death if he went, they didn't like church folk.  He went anyway.  And for almost 2 months, they wore him out.  Beat downs galore, even the guards whooped him, black eyes, broken noses, ER, the works, and he never faught back.  But he kept going to the service anyway, and one day, coming back from service, they were all ganged up, ready for the routine, but this time one of the inmates said to him,"we decided we dont mind you going to church, your the first real Christian we ever met."  And a lot of people got saved during his sentence.  Thats Christian character.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   you would make a better

you would make a better Buddhist Beatz, with some work , check it out .... you will like it , I promise from the bottom of my heart ..... you got soul bro .... I can feel your pain .... ( sigh ....  

Beatz
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37, i'm not God so I

Brian37, i'm not God so I dont know who the elect are.  So this is what the bible teaches.  Everything is for-ordained before the world began, and your just walking in it.  People whom God chose, were chosen before the foundation of the world, I dont know who those people are, so this is why I spread the gospel message, and because its a command.

Every single human being deserves hell, because according to the bible record, Adam sinned, and since he was the first of our kind(human), all humans that come from his line in return are sinners as well.  Since Adam sinned, our whole race is now under judgement.

Its like this, say if you were the first human, and your blood was innocent blood.  But you and your wife broke a law God gave you, well now you and your wife no longer have innocent blood.  Now you have sinners blood, and if you and your wife decide to have kids, your kids will have the inherited sinners blood as well.  And thats us.  So our whole race is under sin, and God would be just in throwing the whole race in hell.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote:

Beatz wrote:

Every single human being deserves hell, because according to the bible record, Adam sinned, and since he was the first of our kind(human), all humans that come from his line in return are sinners as well. Since Adam sinned, our whole race is now under judgement.

Its like this, say if you were the first human, and your blood was innocent blood. But you and your wife broke a law God gave you, well now you and your wife no longer have innocent blood. Now you have sinners blood, and if you and your wife decide to have kids, your kids will have the inherited sinners blood as well. And thats us. So our whole race is under sin, and God would be just in throwing the whole race in hell.

This is the sad mentality that you have beatz, and you say I am depraved and debased (oh and according to your definition of debased, I am definiately not debased at all, but more on that later) Your outlook is not on the goodness that humanity has, not the greatness of what we have achieved, in our ability to overcome our ignorance and rise to enlightnement, no to you humanity is something vulgar and depraved, unable to overcome it's own ignorance. Inherently sinful, yet we are proof that your wrong. As an atheist, I live far better life than, well most christians that I know, and by better I mean a life full of joy, helping others, loving my family and friends, showing mercy and forgiveness to those that have shown ill towards me (however I will call and idiot and idiot and a moron a moron, the truth has to be spoken). I do volunter work for a few disaster relief oraganizations and help out in the latin American community by assisting those that are new to my country in setting them up.

With all this I have changed as I grew up, i have passed through many phases in my life time, and none of them were debased as per your definition that you gave, and all the time i have never believed in god. If you need god to be good, then your a poor excuse of a human being, because your unable to do good for the mere fact of helping out your fellow man, you need god to tell you and that's even more depraved, that you can only do good because god tells you, not because you want to. I do it because I want to, i help others because i desire to so, and with that said, and with what you have shown yourself to be, you are far more depraved and debased than I could ever be.

Oh as for your james 4:17 yeah well know what I have to do to be good and I do it, all without god, because I don't need some imaginary being to tell me what is good and what is bad, I do it based on what we as a society believe is good and do that, and avoid doing the bad (personally I love my family and have do desire to destory that nor do i care to spend time in jail, not my place to be)

So Beatz go back to your preaching, it shows your emptiness of the lifestyle that you live, that you cannot be good without god, that is an empty life, and life lived not for the experience of life, but to be the slave of religion, fine be it that way, but you are completely wrong about atheists, but your too blind in your hatred to see that.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh beatz i nearly forgot,

Oh beatz i nearly forgot, James 4:17, well you have to look at the entire thing, it's talking about those that claim to have faith, but don't follow the laws of god, because those say they have faith in god but continue sinning, they are commiting spiritual adultry (as one preacher put it once as), so yes it is referring to those that know what good they must do but don't in following the bible.

But since I don't believe in the bible, nor do i have faith in the bible...this goes out the door for me. 

Beatz
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Visual Paradox. Election

Visual Paradox. Election is found throughout the bible, from the old testament to the new testament.  In the old testament, you see that Noah was chosen, and him and his 7 family members were the only survivors after the judgment of the flood(besides animals).  Then you see, Abram chosen.  Abram was a pagan, and this is an aspect of unconditional election.  There was nothing in Abram that made him chosen, God did it before the world began(Romans 4:9-12).  Then the nation Israel, was an unconditionally elected nation, they were some of the most disobedient elect ever, but God chose them, nothing special about them, and they went and God judged many nations by the hands of Israel. 

The strongest language for unconditional election is found in Romans 9, where Paul talks about how God raised Pharaoh up that He may show His power, and how God loved Jacob, but hated Esau, Jacob/Israel was elected, and Esau was lost.  Another passage is proverbs 16:4, where it says the Lord has made the wicked for a day of doom.  And also Ephesians 1:4.

Jesus spoke about election, Matthew 20:1-16, what Jesus is saying is that He goes out and chooses you, and He can do what He wants to do with what belongs to Him.  He also said no one comes to me, unless the Father draws Him to me, John 6:44.  So essentially, you cant even come to God unless He enables you too.

You spoke of sin, well, if you say you have no sin, you deceive yourself.  We as Christians believe that a person with no sin is perfect.  We believe that because of your sins is why you have imperfections, i.e, your body can get sick, you have to take showers to keep it clean, and even after, its still dirty, you catch diseases, we believe that sin is a disease, and its in your blood, and neccasarily makes you imperfect.  So we just have to different standpoints, I have no fallacy in my statement, we combine the two.  If you have no sin, your perfect.

Now we've pointed out that i'm a sinner, saved by grace.  Your right, to plagiarize is to steal credit due to others.  Well, I never stole any credit from anyone.  I believe Chainsaw was pointing out that I sited it incorectly.  I never said I wrote what was there, I clearly said this is what Author Pink has to say.  Now what you did is called being a hypocrite, you claim to have no sin, but you point out everybody else's sins instead of your own.  

So no, Jesus was not teaching people to improve themselves to improve there odds of being elected, Gods not watching you to see what your gonna do tommorow, He already knows, the election is already over.

Beatz
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Good timing Latin.

Good timing Latin.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eh what can I say I just got

Eh what can I say I just got in from work.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Brian37, i'm

Beatz wrote:

Brian37, i'm not God so I dont know who the elect are. So this is what the bible teaches. Everything is for-ordained before the world began, and your just walking in it. People whom God chose, were chosen before the foundation of the world,

AND based on YOUR model you are contridicting yourself. HOW, if one is going up(and this has been planed even before it happend|) HOW can that person(according to you) if they are going to heaven, be deserving of hell? THAT MAKES NO SENSE

Again, what does make sense, is that you have a warm fuzzy fictional fantacy you like believing. It is nice to think that a man in a cape will swoop down and save you, the problem is beatz, is that is nothing but fiction. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beatz when you're through

Beatz, you stated you were getting bored with this thread so when you're through scolding the evil atheists here at RRS perhaps you can pick a fight with this next group:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Doctrines/Calvinism/john_calvin_exposed.htm

You can both preach angry sermons at each other and write long, boring explanations declaring why the other side aren't true Christians.

And after exchanging a few thousand e-mails of

"Yes, it does!"

"No, it doesn't!"

"Yes, it does!"

"No, it doesn't!"

the best part is that you can both condemn each other to hell.

Here's a contact link: http://www.soulwinninginfo/contact_jis.htm

albedo_00
albedo_00's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Signs of a

Beatz wrote:

Signs of a debased mind: filled with unrighteousness, sexual immorality(fornicators,homosexuals), wickedness, covetousness(greed), malice, full of envy, murder, strife, deciet, evil-mindedness, whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful, mouth full of cursing and bitterness, your a theif, and there is no fear of God before your eyes. - Apostle Paul, Romans 1:28-31 & 3:9-18, I know how much you guys hate the bible but I don't wanna plagiarize.

So, how has conversion changed the physical aspects of my life, well for starters I was that whole list I gave you, and more! There is a radical change in a true believers lifestyle. Dont get me wrong, we are going to make mistakes till death, plenty at that, because as a believer, we are growing with two different natures. We are born with a %100 carnel nature, which we will have, this whole life, but once converted, or born again, God gives you a new nature.

You know, I once knew this guy, the ex-boyfriend of a friend of mine, who was a devote santerist (is that even a word? anyway, he was into Santeria) One time at a restaurant, I asked him for the salt and he said he "could not risk touching the salt shaker"......

Once I got over my initial bafflement, I asked why? and boy did I got a lecture on that. He explained me all, and I mean ALL *he* thought there is to know about santeria; he told me that spilling salt was of really bad ju-ju, he explained me about this doll-icons he had on his house, about the offerings he had to mede to them, about how he could not walk around naked in front of them (he stressed that point a lot), and for that, he explained this doll-icons would in turn reward him in various ways. He cited as evidence of this the time his whole family got the flu and he didn't (he said he's the only santero in his family) or getting his two dime job as a clerk in a small time law firm.

Finally I asked why did he converted, sure enough came the story of how he was depraved and depressed, suicidal even, and on and on about his life story (it was not particulary hard, many US kids live it today) and how he was down and out until someone told him his "bad luck" was because... well you probably know how this goes. And he converted, and wore a tie everytime he was in the presence of his doll collection, and was happy ever after, until my friend broke up with him, about 10 minutes after we left the restaurant (thank god).

I'm gonna break my promise of not talking to you, Beatz, but I just had to say this: your story, while special and lifechanging as you find it, I'm sure, is EVERY CONVERTED STORY!! So you found Jesus eh? well that guy I told you about found Orisha, and Tom Cruise found Xenu, and 38 people found Marshall Applewhite, and guess what? all of their results were the same (of course, as we know, not for everyone). The fact that your life changed is not evidence for the legitimacy of the belief *you think* changed you. Granted, it could have motivated you, or given you a sense of meaning and purpose from which you could draw the strength to get your act together, and if so, good for you, but to accept this claim as confirmation of the validity of your belief leads only to the logical conclusion that all beliefs (religious or otherwise, atheism included) must be granted the same validations upon the same grounds, and suffer the contradiction of they being mutually exclusive. Or maybe, just maybe, it means that we should seek up other explanations for this, self-suggestion comes to mind: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suggestion

At first I was gonna dismiss you entirely as a "Don't feed the Trolls" case, but yours is a worse case, I'm afraid. You are a converted, an as such we can be sure of at least a few things:

1.-By your own admision, you attribute your life's dramatical improvement to your particular belief. From this we can safely asume that you have developed a sence of dependance to it, far deeper than that of any "regular" christian, who may have not suffered what you claim you had, or has never had his/her life "saved" in a litteral sense, by their beliefs. 

2.-Since dependence, by definition, reffers to a (strong) sence of need or support, then anything that threats the object of your dependence and, in your case, your own sense of self (since you seem to define yourself entirely by your needed beliefs) will then be meet acordingly, either by ignoring it, denying it, or making efforts to remove the threat itself. Your "efforts" to undermind atheism easily fall in the third.

3.-Since dependence can worsen into compulsive addictive behaviours, and yours seem to be the case, any kind of argument or merely intelectual effort to try and disuade you away from it is ultimately useless. All anyone will ever get from trying is an insult and a compulsively repeated "Ah loves mah Gawd" from you.

From these points, particulary point 3, we can just conclude to call it a day and drop this whole thing since it's imposible to debate anything about theism with someone entirely and fanaticaly dependant to his beliefs. It is, litteraly, as useful as talking to a wall, a very anoying wall. So "Beatz-himself-raptured", get help, YOU NEED IT. And to everyone else, I *really* know it's funny to pick on an easy target (and boy, is this calvinist duck sitting), but at some point we just have to stop wasting bytes on them, I'm sure RRS' server capacity can be put to a better use. This guy won't be convinced or even intriged by our agruments, hell, nothing short of our willingness to breastfeed him and be a "Good Object" in Anna Freud's sense of the word will. So Beatz, enjoy sucking on Jesus tits, good luck getting anything out of 'em though, the guy seemed just too skinny.

Beatz
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37.  Haven't you ever

Brian37.  Haven't you ever done something for someone who didn't deserve it?  I have, i've taken girlfriends back after they did me dirty, gave my wife money despite her rebellion, etc.. Well, its the same with God, He gives humans things they dont deserve.  Look at all the humans that curse Him everyday, and yet He still provides them with food, and oxygen.  And its the same with salvation, I deserve hell, but He had mercy. 

Here that Albedo_00, nothing to do with my beliefs, GOD DID IT ALL.

But, i'll holla at yall.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
God provides food and oxygen

God provides food and oxygen to those that curse him? Wait how would he deny oxygen to those that curse him? It's only part of the air in the world, as for food, well we humans have done quiet well (wait not in africa where in your view god denied food to millions of christian ethopians that died of starvation in the 80's) at providing food for ourself in from hunting and farming, and these days mass farming and processing food....no god required, this concept of god, gets well.....non necessary once you actually look at how nature has provided naturally without the need of a supernature, imaginary being, to give us food.

dogg724
dogg724's picture
User is offlineOffline
the fear of no god?

Do people ever read things before they type?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
       not if your

not if your honest , Smile it's all illussion

I actually don't agree with myself ....

Velocity Eleven
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote:Well, its the

Beatz wrote:

Well, its the same with God, He gives humans things they dont deserve.  Look at all the humans that curse Him everyday, and yet He still provides them with food, and oxygen.  And its the same with salvation, I deserve hell, but He had mercy. 

But, i'll holla at yall.

he provides us with oxygen does he? does God love trees? the amount of oxygen we get depends on the quanity of trees... is that why God provides them with carbon dioxide?

you see, God put humans and trees for each other on this earth to help each other, we should be marrying trees not each other

Sticking out tongue

I gotta love the title by the way, just as bad as christians? so you are saying that christians are bad?

Velocity Eleven

Odemus
Odemus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Velocity Eleven wrote: I

Velocity Eleven wrote:

I gotta love the title by the way, just as bad as christians? so you are saying that christians are bad?

It's usually dogmatic or vitriolic. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Brian37.

Beatz wrote:

Brian37. Haven't you ever done something for someone who didn't deserve it? I have, i've taken girlfriends back after they did me dirty, gave my wife money despite her rebellion, etc.. Well, its the same with God, He gives humans things they dont deserve. Look at all the humans that curse Him everyday, and yet He still provides them with food, and oxygen. And its the same with salvation, I deserve hell, but He had mercy.

But, i'll holla at yall.

I would expect such excuses from a mind abused by superstition. Your God didnt give me anything I deserved or didnt deserve anymore than Micky Mouse can give me a Lamborginni or herpies.

You have simply baught a lie and are desperatly, and quite miserably trying to infect me with that lie. Fortunatly I have outgrown Santa for adults. My hope for you is that you too someday come to see your claimed god for what it really is, a human invention and a work of fiction. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Beatz sent an email to the

Beatz sent an email to the site admin asking how he can have his account deleted. 

MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA   You're stuck here in hell for an eternity with no chance to be forgiven beatz!!!  It's only because we love you though, we love you a lot, so so much, we're gonna treat you like shit.  We know you worship people like that. 

Please please, stop kissing my feet.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Beatz sent

Sapient wrote:

Beatz sent an email to the site admin asking how he can have his account deleted. 

MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA   You're stuck here in hell for an eternity with no chance to be forgiven beatz!!!  It's only because we love you though, we love you a lot, so so much, we're gonna treat you like shit.  We know you worship people like that. 

ROTF

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Beatz sent

Sapient wrote:

MUHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA You're stuck here in hell for an eternity with no chance to be forgiven beatz!!! It's only because we love you though, we love you a lot, so so much, we're gonna treat you like shit. We know you worship people like that.

Funny how these devout Christians such as beatz and wzedi come to this forum expecting to confound us with their detailed knowledge of their petty doctrines and then fall flat on their faces.

They don't realize that a large portion of atheists grew up in the very same churches that they are defending and that, like it or not, we already possess the same knowledge that they do...morons.

Velocity Eleven
User is offlineOffline
isn't it brilliant, Beatz

isn't it brilliant, Beatz doesn't realise that we are strongly in favour of his posts, thye help expose the irrationality of religion

Velocity Eleven

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I would

Brian37 wrote:

I would expect such excuses from a mind abused by superstition. Your God didnt give me anything I deserved or didnt deserve anymore than Micky Mouse can give me a Lamborginni or herpies.

Mickey Mouse can totally give you herpes.

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid

FreeThoughtMake...
Superfan
FreeThoughtMakesMeTingle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awww lol that's cold son.

Awww lol that's cold son.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beatz, you dont get it do

Beatz, you dont get it do you?

The reason you are running away with your tail between your legs, is not because we offended you, but because you are afriad of going outside your comfort zone. You are not used to people challenging your beliefs.

We have living proof of theists every day here that DONT go crying to their mommy, who understand the difference between a person, and what the person claims.

Pinnaple, Wave and Losingstreak are just three examples of people, who I like, but merely find "full of it" on the issue of their deity claims. They didnt run off crying to their mommy because we were blunt with them.

You've acted like you were going to leave before, but yet you still came back and still posted. You need to get over your juvinile fear of us and face us and debate us without being a preacher. You need to think for yourself.

We wont barbique your pets, we wont drink goats blood, and we wont rape and pillage, dispite what the preacher tells you on sunday. If you have any intelectuall courage, you will stay. But if you want to wallow in your self pitty of "They were picking on me" when we were merely criticising your claims, by all means go. We dont need or want whimps here who cant handle a little heat.

Atheists have been demonized, and called every name in the book, we've heard it all before and if each of us had a nickle for every time someone condemned us to hell, we'd make Bill Gates look like a street bum. If you are going to dish it out, you better be willing to take it.

Atheists have the intelectual courage to do what a theist cant. We can face our fears and we can go outside our comfort zone and we are unafraid to challenge any claim made by anyone, even other atheists.

You are running because you are afraid we might be right. We are trying to help you get over that fear and SHOW YOU, that you will not become evil, you will not burn in a fictional hell, you wont go on a killing spree. But you seem to be too much of an intelectuall coward to take on this challenge. Intelectuall growth is never easy, but quite often well worth it.

I love to be prove wrong. I hope you do stay. But, you wont be the first to run with their tail between their legs and you wont be the last. 

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
In my best Sonny and Cher

In my best Sonny and Cher imataion:

And the beatz goes on ...

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   .... pauline Beatz,

.... pauline Beatz, you must read and digest ALL the recently found "Gnostic" books or continue living in hell. Stop killing the Jesus (buddha) message.

You poor suffering DEVIL, you Hell maker ....Cry 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: In my

wavefreak wrote:

In my best Sonny and Cher imataion:

You know, I can put up with you dodging your definition of the deity you claim is real, I have reluctantly accepted that.

BUT, if you think you can compete with the King of Cornball, you are sadly mistaken!

I'm the king of cornball

There is none lower

Sucker MC'S

Will call me slower!

CHEW ON THAT BEEEAAATCHHHHHH!

(Note to Wave: Always remember that I like shiney objects) 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
BMcD wrote: Brian37

BMcD wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Mickey Mouse can totally give you herpes.

I bet Beatz would readly fork over the money for tickets to Orlando or LA, not knowing that the founder Walt Disney, didnt believe in is fictional super hero. 

But no, Micky mouse will never give me herpies, just like  just like Hiedi Clume will never give me a blowjob. Make all the Thermodynamic psudo arguments you want, absurd is absurd.

Just like my purple snarfwidgit will never fart a Lamborginni out of it's ass, I wont get 72 virgins, and there is no such thing as "ghostsperm". 

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: (Note to

Brian37 wrote:

(Note to Wave: Always remember that I like shiney objects)

So you find nipple piercings distracting? 

Odemus
Odemus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Its funny how

Beatz wrote:

Its funny how hypocritical you guys are, you say Christians are like terrorist, putting the fear of hell in people to make them believe in a God that doesn't exist.

It isn't just Hell. It's a life of endless self examination. It's the Eye in the sky who knows your hidden thoughts and desires and demands repentance for them.  It a permanent state of arrested development. It's exploiting a child's natural gullibility to believe what it is told by extolling belief in the absence of evidence as the second highest virtue.

Beatz wrote:

While you do the same thing by putting the fear of no God into people, no hope for any afterlife, no hope of moral bliss, no hope of a better place after death, just nothingness. All the pain and hurt you went through in life for no reason at all. All the time you spent on earth, just to die.

On the contrary, the fact that this life is likely the only existence you'll ever know should serve as the single greatest catalyst for your happiness here and now.  Further, it isn't about who puts what kind of fear into which minds based on a particular set of preconceptions, it's about identifying and acknowledging reality.

Beatz wrote:
Atheist spend all their time in their empty lifestyle of work and partying, drugs and sex, book writing, web-site making, rational responding, etc.. A materialistic endeavor, a futile campaign of work and play, an endless drought of high life or low, ridding the world of people awaiting a blessed hope, who die trying to encourage others that there is something better after this terrible place.

I've really been missing out on all this sex, drugs and book writing.  What I don't understand is why you believe life is so horrible. Do you understand why your world philosophy scares the shit out of the rest of us? We don't want you pounding that fatalistic nonsense into the impressionable minds of children who will only serve to perpetuate that same hopelessness into the next generation.

An atheist sees the state of the world and wishes to change it for the better (horrible generalization), a Christian sees the world and runs to the crutch of religion and waits this life out in hope of a better continued existence after death (another horrible generalization). Which reaction is morally superior? 

Beatz wrote:

If people just went on in emptiness the world would be a better place?

Most atheists will reject the notion that life without god belief is empty, nor do they wish others to believe such a thing. 

Beatz wrote:

If we are just some anonymous creatures, with empty task, why don't you just blast yourself now?

Because purpose is what you do, not what you believe.

Beatz wrote:

You wanna enjoy your life, the way you want to right? Having a job, having no job, this is what brings you joy? A house, a girlfriend/wife, a car and a family, so much happiness? None of these things mean anything at all, and i'm sorry if you find joy in such stupidity, i really am sorry, and pity you.

Arbitrary and unsubstantiated value assessment. The gamut of emotions and corresponding values we place on them are determined by every individual person having those experiences, not by third party religious nuts. 

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Well said Odemus.  An

Well said Odemus.  An extremely eloquent and insightful antidote to Beatz's religious poison. 

Btw, welcome to the forum.

Omnibus
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx wrote: Yay!

Archeopteryx wrote:

Yay! It's been so long since a reeeally easy one has come around. =D

I've got time. I'll play.

*big snip*

That was so beautiful! *sniff*

I think I love you.

Too bad stupidity isn't poisonous.

NickB
High Level DonorSpecial Agent
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:

Normal 0 false false false EN-AU X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Quote:
While you do the same thing by putting the fear of no God into people, no hope for any afterlife, no hope of moral bliss, no hope of a better place after death, just nothingness.  All the pain and hurt you went through in life for no reason at all.  All the time you spent on earth, just to die.

Your life is full of pain and hurt? No wonder you believe in a God. See this is precisely why people like you create a God. You see your life as misery, every breath you take is just an extension of the torture that is your existence. It is inevitable that you will convince yourself it is all fine because after 80 years you will go to a nice happy place called heaven.

Instead people with the common sense to accept that a divine creator is nonexistent can actually reach their full potential in this life.

Also it is not every atheist’s position that there is no afterlife. Energy can never die and we as humans are just a big ball of energy. When we die it is possible for that energy to continue to exist on another plane of existence. The beauty of not believing in a divine creator is you are able to explore all the other possibilities. Science certainly supports the concept of other dimensions or universes so atheist can believe that there is an afterlife of some sort. Although it would be more of a continuance of this life and you would probably have no sense of self as your brain which stores information would be decaying and seperated from said energy.  

Here is the best part, science can provide immortality. Neuroscience technology is being developed that will allow humans to download their brains onto a chip. Imagine that, if there is no divine creator and all we are is a collection of our memories we can download ourselves onto a chip. If that is the case when we hit 60 what’s to stop us from transferring everything in our brains to a clone of us that is 20 years old? This unlike Christinaity is not some delusion I have convinced myself is real because I want to live forever this is actually on the verge of being possible.

Maybe when you die there is nothing so all of this here is insignificant. However I ask myself if there is nothing after death should I want to make this life as incredible as possible? My answer is yes and I will never dedicate my life to worshiping a divine entity killing my potential in the process. 

I think it is incredibly ignorant to assume all atheists believe that when they die it all just ends. I think it is incredibly ignorant to assume that all atheists think with one mind. Not believing in false Gods in no way limits a person’s beliefs it actually expands a person’s beliefs, it gives a person the freedom to think. So you can live your admittedly painful life, you will die at 80 something, sad, lonely and you will be forgotten almost instantly. You will squander your life away on the off chance that the baseless claims your religion makes are be true even though all evidence is to the contrary.

You may not be a terrorist, but you are just like a suicide bomber with a little less conviction. You live your life to die...... I live my life to live.

If Jesus was born today he would be institutionalized as a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur.

NickB
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Also I should add

Also I should add that Christianity is a religion that preys on the weak, the stupid and the poor. It is of no coincidence that it is the world’s leading religion. Christianity spread like a disease in ancient Rome, it spread because the Roman populace was essential weak, poor and stupid.

Now I am not saying that it is the same thing these days. Obviously today it has become ingrained in our society so it is now more brainwashing than it is hope for the weak, poor and stupid.

The point is that I am not surprised that you are saying everything that makes humans happy is unimportant. You say that because you are just like one of those ancient Roman citizens. You despise success and you tell yourself it is ok because when we die God will punish all successful people.

You say my life is empty, yet you are the spiteful one who despises people that have bothered to make their lives better than yours. Don't you find that all kind of sad?

Your argument shoots itself in the foot. You suggest God created man and God loves man yet you suggest that God subjects us to misery and despair for 80 or so years before taking us to the happy place.

You do not believe in God, you worship revenge and God is a handy tool to dish out your revenge. Like I said, you are a suicide bomber with a little less conviction.

If Jesus was born today he would be institutionalized as a schizophrenic with delusions of grandeur.

BMcD
User is offlineOffline
NickB wrote: Also I should

NickB wrote:
Also I should add that Christianity is a religion that preys on the weak, the stupid and the poor. It is of no coincidence that it is the world’s leading religion. Christianity spread like a disease in ancient Rome, it spread because the Roman populace was essential weak, poor and stupid.

Actually, it was more because the Empire was starting into cultural decay, and no longer bound the people together on its own so well. Christianity was more than a 'religion', it was a community movement, and the communities that Pauline Christianity emphasised so much are really responsible for the survival of the church. By the same token, spreading christian communities after Constantine probably helped hold the Western Empire together over a hundred years after it would've otherwise disintegrated. Without Christianity, the sack of Rome would've been only a historical postscript, and not the end-punctuation of the Western Empire.

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons." - The Waco Kid

NickB
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
I always thought it had more

I always thought it had more to do with the religion being accessible to everybody. The other religions of the time all had limitations for example some accepted only male members others only the rich and some only females. Christianity being accessible to everybody willing to repent was different. It was the religion for the entire family and best of all the poor could worship as it did not require money like the other religions.

In my opinion it spread among the poor because it was the perfect religion for the poor.

Also Cosntantine changing the official religion of Rome to christanity after seeing a metorite that told him to kill didn't hurt. If Constantine did not convert I am sure Christinity would not be what it is today. Rome would enforce its religion after the conversion I am sure everybody had to be Christian.

P.S. When I refer to the poor as weak and stupid I am in no way suggesting that poor people today are weak and stupid. Obviousally todays world is different.  

albedo_00
albedo_00's picture
User is offlineOffline
NickB wrote: I always

NickB wrote:
I always thought it had more to do with the religion being accessible to everybody. The other religions of the time all had limitations for example some accepted only male members others only the rich and some only females. Christianity being accessible to everybody willing to repent was different.

Before the establisment of Christianity as the religion of the empire by Constantine (may he rot in hell) the religious state of the western empire was, to say the least, too disperse, due mostly to the roman's political strategy to integrate/adapt cults and beliefs of conquered cultures. You can see evidence of this by looking at your average legionarie, who would worship all manner of foraing deities in order to guarantee them safety in battle. And being as the apple does not fall far from the tree, this is a strategy which has been employed by christianity ever since (and thank god, or else we wouldn't know what to do if we ever encounter a vampire)

NickB wrote:
It was the religion for the entire family and best of all the poor could worship as it did not require money like the other religions.

Ahhh, those were the days.... 

NickB wrote:
Also Cosntantine changing the official religion of Rome to christanity after seeing a metorite that told him to kill didn't hurt. If Constantine did not convert I am sure Christinity would not be what it is today. Rome would enforce its religion after the conversion I am sure everybody had to be Christian.

Mmm, correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the miracle supposed to be a dream about a change of Constantine's army logo and the sighting of a cross in the sky, by him and his troops in the year 312 right before a desicive battle? But quite frankly I think it was his fetichist mother who put christianity into his head, mostly because of her fixation to find religious relics (not just those asociated with christ) and her "finding" of the longhinoss spear.

NickB wrote:
P.S. When I refer to the poor as weak and stupid I am in no way suggesting that poor people today are weak and stupid. Obviousally todays world is different.

Indeed, but not even then did the poors had the monopoly on weakness and/or stupidity. But even if necesity (which includes but is not limited to monetary needs) is a decisive factor on the adoption of a religious belief, I think is pretty much the other way around: It spread among the weak and stupid, finding only limited restrain from social status (this mostly due to the ilegality of being a christian at the time). Nietzsche makes an interesting, though biased, case of moral evolution in his On the Genealogy of Morality.

P.S. "Moral evolution", now that's something for creationist to chew on. And don't forget christianity's own evolution. I smell brimstone about. 

NickB
NickB's picture
User is offlineOffline
As far as I remember it was

As far as I remember it was a metorite or something. Maybe the way I read it was that he saw what is thought to have been a metorite. It was before a decsive battle and they did ride into war with the cross painted on their shields.

Roger C. Everaert (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Atheists are just as bad as Christians !

I agree with you 100%. Athiests and Christians have both got it wrong ! I am an agnostic, I have studied spirituality, all of my life [66 years] and here's the truth as I see it. I am open to the possibility that there is a God or some sort of higher consciousness that created this universe. It is inconceivable, however, that human beings with our limited minds could possibly understand exactly what it is that created the cosmos. It is almost, if not, infinite and we are finite ! How egotistical to thank that we couldn't possibly understand it.

The real problem, however, is that we have to find a way to stop killing each other in God's name. We must find a way to get everybody to admit that no one really knows the truth and allow people to have different opinions.
All religious dogma is inaccurate, because it assumes that already knows everything there is to know about the subject. In any area of knowledge. If you assume you know all the answers. You then become incapable of learning the answers. And God is so big that we cannot possibly know everything, we can only keep learning more.

The truly important thing in life is not which God you believe in but how you treat other human beings and sadly. It is a religious fanatics who have killed countless human beings in the name of their god. The Inquisition, the Crusades, and countless other examples throughout history. And now the radical Muslims, saying that they are killing in God's name. When in reality, they are doing it selfishly. So that they can get 17 virgins when they die. How insane !!!

If you truly believe that God is love, then start acting like it !

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Roger C. Everaert wrote:

Roger C. Everaert wrote:
I agree with you 100%. Athiests and Christians have both got it wrong ! I am an agnostic

Roger, most of us consider ourselves agnostic atheists.  Read this article about the definitions of agnostic and atheist.