Atheist just as bad as Christians!

Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Atheist just as bad as Christians!

Its funny how hypocritical you guys are, you say Christians are like terrorist, putting the fear of hell in people to make them believe in a God that doesn't exist.  While you do the same thing by putting the fear of no God into people, no hope for any afterlife, no hope of moral bliss, no hope of a better place after death, just nothingness.  All the pain and hurt you went through in life for no reason at all.  All the time you spent on earth, just to die. 

 

Atheist spend all their time in their empty lifestyle of work and partying, drugs and sex, book writing, web-site making, rational responding, etc.. A materialistic endeavor, a futile campaign of work and play, an endless drought of high life or low, ridding the world of people awaiting a blessed hope, who die trying to encourage others that there is something better after this terrible place.  The whole of population is already in agreement with you guys, maybe not as irrational as making the absurd statement, that lacks absolute surety that there is "No God."  What is your motive?  The world would be a better place if all 6 billion people didn't believe in anything at all?  If people just went on in emptiness the world would be a better place?  This is what you preach?  And you say Christians are bad.  WOW!!  Anyone with a brain can see that this way of thinking has lead to another pointless act, in the name of the GREATER GOOD, yeah....  I mean, what's the point? 

 

If we are just some anonymous creatures, with empty task, why don't you just blast yourself now?  You wanna enjoy your life, the way you want to right?  Having a job, having no job, this is what brings you joy?  A house, a girlfriend/wife, a car and a family, so much happiness?  None of these things mean anything at all, and i'm sorry if you find joy in such stupidity, i really am sorry, and pity you.  Its funny, such an empty lifestyle, vanity.  I guess this is the reason why so many people support abortion, "why not spare the little lad of such emptiness, I wanna continue in my nothingness without interruption.  I cant live the way I want to with a baby, I'll abort him/her, in THE NAME OF FREEDOM!!  No freedom for you my son/daughter, I must continue to rid the world of Christians, you'll only get in my way.  I have the privilege of nothing, and i'm going to spare you that privilege."  You go through life in search of nothing, always learning, but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.  Teaching people to partake in your infidelity, and condemning others who don't support such a lame cause. 

 

Well did not God tell us about you in the book of Romans, you have 14 versus dedicated to you.  Romans 1:18-32 especially 32.  And i'm not going into a bible debate with anybody, unless compelled(if such a person is on the brink of some type of wisdom), just know this, God from the foundation of the world has elected people unto salvation, so Brian is right about something finally, He elected the nation of Israel, and they cleaned house, mass genocide all over the earth, by His command, man, woman and child, there evilness deserving of death.  He chose one nation to be merciful to, and even they were just as disobedient as the pagan ones, and its clearly illustrated in the judgment they are under now.  And please spare me on the innocence of children lecture, when you support abortion, fools and blind!! 

 

No man comes to God, unless the Father draws Him, so stop wasting your time, searching the bible, you cant understand it unless you are Gods elect, unless God elected you unto salvation before the foundation of the world, unless He regenerates you out of your self-flesh pleasing selves, you will remain in the debased state you are in, and die in it as well.  And continue to curse and blaspheme, Psalms 76:10 says your wrath praises Him, all the time you shake the fist at Him, and curse His name, all the more praises Him, how He is sovereign over His creatures, and there's nothing you can do about.  

 

So, why don't you go run a campaign on other persons putting the fear in individuals, not just Theist, what about police, who use scare tactics like the speed limit to stop people from reckless driving, or the camera's at stop lights that evoke the fear of a fine, if ran.  Or maybe insurance companies who put the fear in you and compel you to more coverage, you never know, a tornado could hit your house and car, you could've saved %15 percent or more if you would've switched, thatss all-states stand!  Or maybe your country, who IS NOT in Iraq for the sake of Christianity, we are just like any other great ruler in times past, trying to gain control over everything.  How about Alexander the Great, Pharraoh and the Egyptians, or the Roman Empire, whose motivation was not gods, but to serve there own flesh in trying to take over the world.  Since there is NO GOD, these men did these things because they were self pleasing, so now we know what atheist do in absence of any divine Being, (Brain animated voice) TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!! 

 

Your claim is that there is NO GOD, so since there is NO GOD, we as humans, have been acting out of our own self conscious efforts, the outward confessions made by people meant nothing, in actuality they were doing it all for themselves or their nation.  So your claims of atheism is the cure are inane, since we are all actually atheist, the world and its results are caused by atheism. 

 

Oh yeah, and if your not Gods elect, No, your not going to become a Christian on your death bed, as you think some people do, it doesn't work that way, No, everyone cannot gain repentance, Hitler, Stalin, whoever, I don't care if they claimed to be Christians, they are not in heaven, trust and believe.  Repentance has to be granted to you (2 Timothy 2:25).  No, everyone claiming to be a Christian is not a Christian, No, almost the whole of Americans are no where near God, No you cant do what you want in Christianity and ask for forgiveness, stop trying to read the scriptures, if you can interpret it correctly, Jesus is not teaching that as a Christian you do anything you want and ask forgiveness, Paul expounded on Jesus teaching in Romans 6, and also a word of condemnation for such people thinking they can continue in their evil deeds, and still think they are Christians, and accuse the bible of encouraging such (Romans 3:Cool.  Saying there is no God is not the unpardonable sin, on the contrary, your title is given in Psalms 14:1.

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
I don't feel like reading

I don't feel like reading one massive, rambling paragraph today. I doubt I'm missing anything in giving it a miss.


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
It's the typical strawmen,

It's the typical strawmen, projections and bible verses that we get on a weekly basis. Nothing new. I'm sure we can just look through old threads and copy/paste the replies from there.

The wall of text, going by his punctuation grammar and spelling just looks to be a result of typing it all out in a text editor then pasting it in to here.   

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
Posts: 1859
Joined: 2006-12-26
User is offlineOffline
Well someone's angry?  Did

Well someone's angry?  Did someone manage to show you that you've been basing your life on a lie.  Regardless of how 'polite' we can try to be, I'll admit there really is no nice way to say that.

Beatz, you do realize that following the logic of your post, you admit that it is wrong to coerece someone into making decisions based on the fear of god, right? 


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
   Hi Beatz, define god

   Hi Beatz, define god please,

God of abe is god ? Wasn't God of Jesus much different ?

Jesus is one of my favorite atheists. WE are God he said, we are ONE. Buddha too ....

, do you know any devoted atheists ?

Thanks for caring Beatz,

USING paragraphs would make reading your posts easier for us ..... mabey write in a desktop folder then paste into RRS, there's the edit button too, etc ....  

thanks .... I AM GOD AS YOU ....


lieutenant24
lieutenant24's picture
Posts: 42
Joined: 2008-01-26
User is offlineOffline
So, Beatz, would youl like

So, Beatz, would youl like to discuss anything, or did you just want to get all of that off of your chest?

COME TO THE DARK SIDE -- WE HAVE COOKIES


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
I'm sure we'll be called

I'm sure we'll be called rude and arrogant for not reading something until someone learns to make a point with fewer words or at least divide the rambling into paragraphs.


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5486
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
No, the fear of God has to

No, the fear of God has to be put into a person(by God) in order for a response to be made initially.  So in actuality, if the method Christians use is not effecting you whatsoever, you have nothing to worry about.  Which for example is you, right?  You are not in fear because of what we say, because God hasn't instilled His fear in you.  You will remain in your state until God choses to do so(if).  So essentially, we have no effect on anyone, who God hasn't chosen and regenerated.  Christians are just a secondary cause, God being the first cause.  Now, we as humans coerece no one to make decisions, a decision is made, based off compelling of God to that particular individual, so always remember, that God puts the fear in the being, we have no power whatsoever to do such.  I do know that it wasn't morrally correct for the kids in Colorado to force people to admit there trust in Christ before they killed them, great atheist technique there.

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
sorry for no paragraphs

sorry for no paragraphs


lieutenant24
lieutenant24's picture
Posts: 42
Joined: 2008-01-26
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote:I do know that

Beatz wrote:
I do know that it wasn't morrally correct for the kids in Colorado to force people to admit there trust in Christ before they killed them, great atheist technique there.

I certianly hope you aren't trying to make a statement about atheists in general...

COME TO THE DARK SIDE -- WE HAVE COOKIES


HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
Posts: 198
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
*YAWN*

*YAWN*

*Takes another hit (or whatever the fuck you call it) of heroin*

*Takes a huge swig from Jack Daniels bottle*

*Cranks up Motley Crue tribute to Iron Maiden*

*Murders neighbors in a blood-bath orgy*

*Forces neighbor's 10 yr old daughter to felate amoral shnizel*

*Snuffs out 10 yr old for not properly finishing the job*

*Writes a short story about forbidden adult-prepubescent "love"*

Let's see, what else (review's ignorant, asinine, presumptuous OP)

Oh, yeah:

*Films all of the above, posts to recently designed website*

*Cackles out evil, atheist laugh* BWAHAHAHA!

*Posts snarky reply on RRS (Really Really Satanic) website*

That about cover it?

 


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote:I do know

Beatz wrote:

I do know that it wasn't morrally correct for the kids in Colorado to force people to admit there trust in Christ before they killed them, great atheist technique there.

You are guilty of believing in an Urban Legend there.  Yes one of the Columbine killers did ask 1 girl if she believed in god.  She said yes and then he moved on.

She escaped alive.

Her name is Val Schnurr and she later went on to college.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Its funny how

Beatz wrote:
Its funny how hypocritical you guys are, you say Christians are like terrorist, putting the fear of hell in people to make them believe in a God that doesn't exist.  While you do the same thing by putting the fear of no God into people, no hope for any afterlife, no hope of moral bliss, no hope of a better place after death, just nothingness.  All the pain and hurt you went through in life for no reason at all.  All the time you spent on earth, just to die. [...]

If we gauge things only by the straw-man descriptions, we still have atheists living their lives to the fullest, stopping to smell the roses, understanding the intrinsic value of a finite existence. Christians enjoy lives of conflicted self-denial, looking forward to their own deaths. And who could blame them?


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
First... wow... thanks for

First... wow... thanks for the paragraph.

 

Beatz wrote:
Its funny how hypocritical you guys are, you say Christians are like terrorist, putting the fear of hell in people to make them believe in a God that doesn't exist.  While you do the same thing by putting the fear of no God into people...

You only think that "no god" is scary because you've been terrorized.   The biggest difference between the terroristic message of Christians and the message of reality from atheists is that within the theistic message you are told that if you don't believe you will be tortured for an eternity.  Within atheism, there is nothing that you have to believe, and there is nothing you will be tortured for, for not believing.

Christian message= terrorism

 

Quote:
...no hope for any afterlife, no hope of moral bliss, no hope of a better place after death, just nothingness.

Right just nothingness.  No pain, no stress, no hate, no torture.  While if you don't believe in Christ you are told you will be TORTURED FOREVER!!!  That's terrorism.  Here's our message for what happens when you die: You will not feel pain, stress, hate, or be tortured... even if you believe in the wrong thing while you're alive.

You hear it in a negative manner when compared to the benefits that have been promised to you by con men who corrupted your mind with a terroristic message.  My "message" is not one of pain after death, in fact I plan to live on in peoples memories, and I think you should try to do some positive things in life so you can live on, in the same way.

    

Quote:
 All the pain and hurt you went through in life for no reason at all.

A little pain and hurt can help one understand how to not take the good times for granted.  The best thing about many of the pains and hurts we feel while we're alive is that we generally have a chance to learn from them.  With the pain and hurt the Christian god offers in hell, there is no chance to move on from the pain, never any forgiveness.  Just an eternity of torture for no good reason at all.  Just an all loving plan to torture his children forever with no chance of forgiveness... that's terrorism bud. 

 

Quote:
All the time you spent on earth, just to die.

All the time I spend on earth is just to live, not just to die.  Don't believe the terrorists.

 

Quote:
Atheist spend all their time in their empty lifestyle of work and partying, drugs and sex, book writing, web-site making, rational responding, etc.. A materialistic endeavor, a futile campaign of work and play, an endless drought of high life or low, ridding the world of people awaiting a blessed hope, who die trying to encourage others that there is something better after this terrible place.

Actually my life is committed to helping others.  Unfortunatly we all have to live a "materialistic endeavor" to survive in America.  I used to be more self indulged but have matured to an age where I'd rather give my life to helping others.  I've taken huge "material" pay-cuts to do this. 

By the way... tylenol is just as much of a drug as marijuana, cigarettes, and alcohol.  So look at your (most likely) drug addicted self before you throw that claim out at others.  You've had tylenol right?

 

Quote:
The whole of population is already in agreement with you guys

I wish. 

Quote:
maybe not as irrational as making the absurd statement, that lacks absolute surety that there is "No God."

I'm not a fan of phrasing it like that either.  I don't claim to know there is "No God."  I claim to lack belief in a god, which is similar to the type of atheist that you were the day you were born, when you simply were without god belief. 

You're arguing with many strawman fallacies, you should look up the term "strawman argument" and stop arguing in that manner.

 

Quote:
What is your motive? 

To make the world a better place for my son, and for other kids growing up that might be subjected to the same forms of mental abuse that I was as a child.  The mental abuse offered by religion, the same kind that has clearly abused you.  Helping people like you is my motive. 

 

Quote:
The world would be a better place if all 6 billion people didn't believe in anything at all?

Don't ask dumb questions.  Do you seriously think that atheists don't have beliefs in anything?  You realize I believe based on reasonable expectation I believe that when I hit "post comment" my comment will get posted on my site?  That's a belief.  I have beliefs about thousands upon thousands of things, another belief is that you've been mentally abused.

 

Quote:
  If people just went on in emptiness the world would be a better place?  This is what you preach?

No, and no.  When you answer your own question with a dishonest answer like that, it's called a strawman... right here... 

  And you say Christians are bad.  WOW!!  Anyone with a brain can see that this way of thinking has lead to another pointless act, in the name of the GREATER GOOD, yeah....  I mean, what's the point?

See, that was a strawman. 

 

Quote:
If we are just some anonymous creatures, with empty task, why don't you just blast yourself now?  You wanna enjoy your life, the way you want to right?  Having a job, having no job, this is what brings you joy?  A house, a girlfriend/wife, a car and a family, so much happiness?  None of these things mean anything at all, and i'm sorry if you find joy in such stupidity, i really am sorry, and pity you.

And herein lies the signs of the mental abuse you have been subjected to.  You have been taught to believe that the things that you will have in this life, part of reality... your job, family, girlfriend, etc... all of those things are things you will actually have in this life.  Things that you need to treat carefully, work hard at your job, working hard to have good relationships with people around you, working hard to survive through capitalism... all of these things, you have been taught, don't "mean anything at all."

All of the things you know you get, the things that are real, you've been taught they are "nothing."  You've been taught this, so instead you could believe that the messages of fairy tale are everything.  You've been taught this message so you can be the pawn of the con artists and fools keeping religion alive.  You probably tithe, you probably attend services like a good sheep, and you surely go and preach the word to others(as we can see here)... you are their bitch.  How does it feel to be the bitch of a fraud?

 

Quote:
Its funny, such an empty lifestyle, vanity.

You probably not looking forward to heaven then, eh?  I heard it's nothing but empty worship and praise for god.  Just a bunch of singing, FOR ETERNITY, to an asshole.

 

Quote:
I guess this is the reason why so many people support abortion, "why not spare the little lad of such emptiness, I wanna continue in my nothingness without interruption.  I cant live the way I want to with a baby, I'll abort him/her, in THE NAME OF FREEDOM!!  No freedom for you my son/daughter, I must continue to rid the world of Christians, you'll only get in my way.  I have the privilege of nothing, and i'm going to spare you that privilege."

Why do you suppose your god murders 7 million potential lives (sperm) everytime a man gets off?  Why do you suppose god provides more miscarriages in a year than the abortion industry can abort?     Why do you suppose that your god is the largest murderer in the history of mankind, in fact EVERY death is because of him, why do you think Christians use this lame ass tired argument about abortion?  Moronic hypocrites.

 

Quote:
You go through life in search of nothing, always learning, but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

 "To shun ignorance and superstition, to embrace knowledge and reason, to become the sum of all the wisdom that one can absorb in a very limited lifetime—that is the purpose of humankind." - Ranjef

Once I saw the scriptures, I bailed.  Unless you want me quoting the Three Little Pigs, Harry Potter, and Black Beauty in my rebuttals, I shall stop there.

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13396
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: While you do

Beatz wrote:
While you do the same thing by putting the fear of no God into people

No we dont, we are trying to demonstrate that you dont have anything to fear by not buying ancient myth as fact anymore than you would have to fear not buying Santa as being real.

You dont fear not believing in Thor or Vishnu. So why do you feel you need any deity at all? Why? Because someone sold you an idea and you baught into it without checking to see if it was fact. Believing in magical hocus pocus claims is more important to you than reality?

You are no different than any other religious, of any label past or present. You buy a myth as fact and get upset when someone merely wants to help you by pointing out your error.

Atheist, "That is not true"

Theist, "YOU HATE ME"

Atheist, "No, I am simply telling you you got it wrong".

Theist, "Mommy, make the truth teller stop distroying my fantacy" 

Stop accusing atheists of things they are not doing. Stop assuming all the pathetic bigoted stereotypes you've been sold about atheists. Why not try reading and learning insted of making naked asertions about people you have never personally met.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Living life to the full

Living life to the full huh?  Do your thing homie, get money, mo money, to the full.  Smell the roses, have a beer with metalica.  Hey, shoot out some kids.  I'm sorry thats the fullest you can get. 

 

And the only fact is, is that the question was asked, and that they killed folks.  Who it was directed to is irrelevent.  Good contribution by the atheist.

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Living life

Beatz wrote:

Living life to the full huh?  Do your thing homie, get money, mo money, to the full.

If you're being "crass" with thug life, you should probably take note, most of them claim to love Jesus.

 

Quote:
Smell the roses, have a beer with metalica.  Hey, shoot out some kids.  I'm sorry thats the fullest you can get.

See that's another strawman.  I don't really listen to metallica and I'm not a fan of shooting people.  That's why I don't like our Christian President commanding the killing of so many people with my tax money. 

 

Quote:
And the only fact is, is that the question was asked, and that they killed folks.  Who it was directed to is irrelevent.  Good contribution by the atheist.

Wtf r u tlking abut?

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


daretoknow
Superfan
daretoknow's picture
Posts: 114
Joined: 2007-12-09
User is offlineOffline
I'm sorry your life sucks

I'm sorry your life sucks dude. I'm sorry you live an empty existence. And the thing I am most sorry about is the fact that you wasted the only life you had on an empty promise of an afterlife that never existed.

Life is only as good as you make it. 

Thats cute.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Living life

Beatz wrote:
Living life to the full huh?  Do your thing homie, get money, mo money, to the full.  Smell the roses, have a beer with metalica.  Hey, shoot out some kids.  I'm sorry thats the fullest you can get.

Bearing in mind we're speaking of straw-men here, as this conversation merits no discussion of nuance or even realism, the alternative is again much worse for you. If you don't make the most of your life (the 'most' being a subjective term, not limited to the cartoonish hedonism you describe), and rather restrain yourself to a lifetime of conflicted self-denial, and depending on you inclinations self-loathing, you'll have wasted it on the proverbial carrot on a string. Your mechanical rabbit, the afterlife, having served no purpose but to coerce the squander of the only life you certainly have. That is, unless dualism can be proven... which you've had millennia to do. Substantiating religious propositions has been a virtual room full of monkeys at typewriters, with an eternity to find something of substance to support these claims. Which, of course, they haven't, making religion the largest global experiment of all time, with, by proportion, the most disappointing results.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13396
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote:

Beatz wrote:

Living life to the full huh? Do your thing homie, get money, mo money, to the full. Smell the roses, have a beer with metalica. Hey, shoot out some kids. I'm sorry thats the fullest you can get.

 

And the only fact is, is that the question was asked, and that they killed folks. Who it was directed to is irrelevent. Good contribution by the atheist.

Do you know what "infinite regress" is? Do you know what "Occam's Razor" is? Do you know what "Pascal's Wager" is?

Do you know what rigor morits is? Do you know your bible makes a claim that a human survived it? Do you know that your bible has god make bears maul little children for calling old an old man baldy?

No, you probibly dont. You are just a cheerleader who talks like a parrot after hearing what the myth seller sells them every Sunday.

No, all you know is the big bad atheist gonna give you cooties.

MOMMY MOMMY THE BIG BAD ATHEIST IS GONNA GIVE ME COOTIES, I DONT WANT COOTIES, MAKE THEM STOP...

Crybaby, go back home to mommy, reality is obviously too much for you.

Your insulting equivocation of two sickos to all atheists is pathetic. Their only disire was to make a name for themselves, they killed alot of people without asking them if they believed in god.

Every single atheist here has family members, co-workers and friends that are believers. My mother is a Catholic and we live under the same roof and we dont kill each other.

So get over your pathetic self and grow up. You are just not used to people challenging you to look at the dark aspects of religion and the absurd hocus pocus claims of religion.

I have had pleanty of blasphemous and blunt debates with believers who DONT assume because I challenge them, even if bluntly, that somehow I want to kill them.

GET THE FUCK OVER YOURSELF AND STOP ACTING LIKE A WHINY BABY BECAUSE SOMEONE DOESNT BELIEVE IN YOUR GOD!

Debate us and make an attempt to prove the god you claim to be real, but do not expect us to passively sit by while you make false equvications about all atheists and compare us to two sickos.

We wont eat your children or barbique your kittens. GROW THE FUCK UP!

(NOTE TO READERS AND TO BEATZ, I am venting here, thats all. I just get a bad lip twitch when I hear the same tired crap over and over and over and over and over and over)

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Your welcome for the

Your welcome for the paragraph.

 

My laments for you, for thinking your helping people by changing them back to atheist.  Yes, I was born with no knowledge of a God.  Your missing the whole thing brother.  Yes, every person is born in sin, you got that one thing right.  You say, you have never sinned, well, I wish I had it like you. 

 

Anyway, the point is simple, Yes, God ordained everything, and permits plenty.  Your right, God says that He created, the blind, and the mute.  God can do whatever He wants, and there is nothing you can do about it.  And unless God draws you to Jesus, you could careless about anything about Him.  He has to do it, not us Christians, He enabled me to understand things. 

 

I was taught a lot of wrong things as a child, but God had mercy on me, and opened my ears.  I was taught the lie that Jesus died for everyone's sins.  I was taught the lie that God loves every single person.  I'm sorry, thats not the case.

 

God can do with sperm cells as He pleases, I have no say in that, just like I had no say in being born.  I'm sorry you received Bumper Sticker Theology as a child.  But I do believe that God will regenerate you one day and draw you to Him. 

 

The fact is all have sinned against God, everyone is deserving of death.  God has elected some to salvation, others He passes by.  Sorry people taught you false doctrine, that everyone can go to heaven if they just believe, and if you dont believe, your going to hell, sorry, thats wrong, the fact is that, every single person would have been going to hell, if God had not chosen to elect some, and send His Son to die for those elect.

 

I cant put fear in you, no person puts fear in me.  People taught me lies as a child, just like you.  And God is not responsible for Adams sin, Adam is.  And Adam was the first human who was representative of us all.  So by one man, sin entered into our race, Adam transgressed, and became a sinner.  Now since he's the federal head, everyone who comes from him, is a sinner as well, he couldn't produce holy creatures, when he himself was unholy.

 

God is not TRYING to save people, people who He has appointed unto salvation will be saved, regardless of anything.  The people you have engaged, have an Arminian standpoint of God and the scriptures.

 

Thats nice you are a philanthropist, you think your helping people, but your sadly mistaken.    

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
Posts: 1037
Joined: 2007-09-09
User is offlineOffline
Yay! It's been so long

Yay! It's been so long since a reeeally easy one has come around. =D

I've got time. I'll play.

 

Beatz wrote:
Its funny how hypocritical you guys are, you say Christians are like terrorist, putting the fear of hell in people to make them believe in a God that doesn't exist.

Well, it's true.

Quote:

While you do the same thing by putting the fear of no God into people,

Did you ever stop to consider that being afraid that there might not be a god only proves that we're right?

Digest that for a minute.

 

*whistle*

 

Okay, moving on.

 

"Science is about uncovering what is true, whether we like it or not."

I'm not afraid of a universe without a god in it, but if someone were, it would be completely irrelevant to the bigger issue: truth.

You may be somewhat correct when you say that our calling Christians irrational boneheads who believe in lies is not much better than their telling us we're godless sodomites who are going to burn in Hell for all eternity. The difference is that atheists tend to believe that Christians/theists are generally good people, but that they just need to rethink a few things.

Christians/religionists tend to believe that atheists are all just genuinely bad, or even terribly evil, people.

THIS. IS. A. VERY. IMPORTANT. DIFFERENCE.

Quote:

no hope for any afterlife, no hope of moral bliss, no hope of a better place after death, just nothingness.

What's so bad about nothingness?

Thought experiment time:

What year were you born?

What do you remember about 20 years before that year?

If death is like that, then why is that so bad?

You may be falling for the typical human mistake known as "I'm too important to die."

Quote:

All the pain and hurt you went through in life for no reason at all.

I would be willing to bet a hefty sum that atheists suffer much less pain and hurt in their lives simply BECAUSE they are without religion, all other things aside.

Quote:

All the time you spent on earth, just to die.

Hmm. Yep. Sorry.

Also, Santa Claus isn't real. Sorry. There are just some things you have to come to terms with as you grow up.

Quote:

Atheist spend all their time in their empty lifestyle

I don't know any atheists that would call their lifestyles empty. I think your lifestyle is empty. Would you say I'm right?

Just because you view it that way doesn't mean it's true. All the atheists I know are very happy people.

Quote:

of work and partying,

This is a generalization.

I'm an atheist, and I never go to parties. I've been to a few, but I didn't find them particularly exciting. I'm not a party-scene kinda fellow.

Atheists realize that everyone is an individual.

Christians realize this until you start talking about atheists. Then they suddenly forget.

Quote:

drugs

Another generalization. You're doing a stupendous job demonstrating your ignorance. Keep it coming.

Note: By calling you an ignorant moron here, I only mean to make you reconsider the things you say. I'm sure there are many aspects of your personality that I would find very likeable and that, if we ever met in person, we could smile and have a normal conversation. But even best friends know that when a friend says something incredibly stupid, you are only doing them a favor by pointing it out so that they will hopefully not make the same mistake again.

So with the best of intentions, you, sir, are being an ignorant moron.

Quote:

and sex,

Most atheists probably don't have a problem with pre-marital sex, which I'm sure is the source of this job, but we have a very good reason for thinking so.

Sex is always okay as long as it is between two mutually consenting adults.

BUT
THIS DOES NOT MEAN ATHEISTS LIVE A LIFE OF SENSELESS DEBAUCHERY.

 

Thanks.

 

Quote:

book writing,

Wha...? Not all of us write books, but those of us who do are responsible for the better ones. =]

Quote:

web-site making,

We don't all have websites either.

Also, when did writing books and building websites become comparable to substance abuse and senseless debauchery?

Quote:

rational responding,

Oh, yes. We love us some rationality. Mmm Mmm!

I'll fix the following quote for you.

Quote:

A materialistic worthwhile endeavor, a futile admirable campaign of work and play great importance, an endless drought rollercoaster ride of high life or low rational fun, ridding the world of people awaiting a blessed hope fantasy that will never come true, who die trying to encourage convince others that there is something better an invisible cosmic zombie who is his own daddy, who wants you to symbolically eat his flesh and drink his blood, whose plan to save everyone from a terrible fate of his own creation was to sacrifice himself to himself and then make others feel guilty about it, and who wants you to communicate with him telepathically so that he can forgive you for being related to a pair of nudists that were talked to into eating a magical fig by a talking snake after this terrible place.

 

Quote:

The whole of population is already in agreement with you guys,

That would be nice. Then we could stop arguing about it.

Quote:

maybe not as irrational as making the absurd statement, that lacks absolute surety that there is "No God."

We don't claim with even the slightest bit of certainty that there is no god.

We only claim that there is no reason to believe that there is one.

Consider.

 

*whistle*

 

Moving on.

Quote:

What is your motive?

According to Christians, our motive is to deceive Christians into joining our heathen party. Apparently we also like to suck Satan's cock sometimes.

No, really. People say that about us. Isn't that sweet?

 

Actually, our motivations are political. We'd be happy to elaborate, if you really care. Judging by your tone, you don't.

Quote:

The world would be a better place if all 6 billion people didn't believe in anything at all?

It would be better if they believed in something that was true or useful.

But if they insisted on believing in fairy tales, the world would be a better place if they weren't allowed to force it down other people's throats or to descriminate against those who thought it was just a story.

Quote:

If people just went on in emptiness the world would be a better place?

You're associating atheism with "emptiness" is a strawman. You are purposely setting up a mockery of atheism with the sole purpose of knocking it down.

Try going after the real thing sometime.

Preview: You lose.

Quote:

This is what you preach?

We don't preach because we don't have dogma.

Nice try.

Quote:

And you say Christians are bad.

They certainly can be. A lot of the things they do and say are batshit fucking insane, but we dont' doubt that most Christians are generally good people. They are just a little mixed up.

 

Oh, and get this: That Jesus guy doesn't actually hear your prayers. Crazy, right?

Quote:

WOW!!

I know! That's what I said!

Quote:

Anyone with a brain can see that this way of thinking has lead to another pointless act basically every positive advancement civilization has ever known

Fixed!

Quote:

in the name of the GREATER GOOD, yeah....

Indubitably.

Quote:

I mean, what's the point? If we are just some anonymous creatures, with empty task, why don't you just blast yourself now?

Because I rather enjoy being alive, and this is the only life I'm ever going to get. That's why I'm going to enjoy it as much as I possibly can while I'm here, and hopefully I can leave something behind when I go.

It should be me that's asking you this question. If the afterlife is so great, why don't you just blast yourself right now? I mean, you've got so much to look forward to.

Oh, because god will burn you in hell forever if you do. I forgot. That Hell place he created comes in pretty handy. I bet he's glad he thought that one up. Very successful.

Quote:

You wanna enjoy your life, the way you want to right?

As long as we are respectful of others, what's wrong with that?

Your real question goes like this: "You want to live your life not according to the sacred text, right?"

The answer is yes.

Quote:

Having a job, having no job, this is what brings you joy?

Uh.. that's a boring definition of joy.

Family, friends, romance, art, nature, entertainment... there are plenty of things that bring me joy. Work is definitely not one of them. Those are the things we all must do because we have to.

Quote:

A house, a girlfriend/wife, a car and a family, so much happiness?

I already see where you're going with this. You are under the impression that atheists are materialistic, or as the bible-thumpers like to put it "of the world".

My appartment is EXTREMELY modest, as is my car.

I'm not currently dating anyone, but when I do, it's because I care about them. I'm still on good terms with many of my exes because I love all of them. Things didn't work out romantically for reasons that will continue to be none of your business, but I dated them for many reasons that cause me to still think they are absolutely great people to this day. My appreciation for them was not superficial.

Quote:

None of these things mean anything at all, and i'm sorry if you find joy in such stupidity, i really am sorry, and pity you.

Family doesn't mean anything at all... and worse.. it's just stupidity?

No, I think it is I who pity you, sir.

Quote:

Its funny, such an empty lifestyle, vanity.

I'm probably as far from vain as you could probably get.

Modest dwelling. Modest vehicle. I tend to not buy new clothes until the old ones decay into dust. The only things I buy that are not necessities are books, music, guitar strings, video games, and sometimes junk food. I don't consider myself an ugly-looking fellow, but I definitely don't have anything to boast about. I don't consider myself to be an intellectual, though I try to learn more about my world regularly. The more you learn, the stupider you feel, and I feel very, very stupid most of the time.

Atheism might be a life of vanity for some, but it is definitely not true of all atheists.

You are doing the generalization thing again. All people are individuals, and this especially includes atheists.

Atheists do not have a dogma of any kind, so saying that a person is an atheist is on the same level as saying that they don't like to eat at McDonald's.

Can you tell me one thing that all people who don't like to eat at McDonald's have in common other than the fact that they don't like to eat at McDonald's?

Similarly, you can't tell me one thing that all atheists have in common other than the fact that they think your religion is a fairy tale.

Quote:

I guess this is the reason why so many people support abortion,

Not all atheists are pro-choice.

You're really good at this generalization stuff. I guess this is why so many people think Christians are assholes.

You can't get mad at that statement without having a double standard, so either I get to say it, or you have to stop making silly (and baseless) generalizations.

Quote:

"why not spare the little lad of such emptiness, I wanna continue in my nothingness without interruption. I cant live the way I want to with a baby, I'll abort him/her, in THE NAME OF FREEDOM!!

Hahahaha, oh god, that's so funny.

 

If any atheists reading this have ever experienced the joy of Psychonauts, did you just have a flashback to Lungfishopolis?

"FOR FREEDOM!!!"

But seriously, Beatz. Everything you just said was ridiculous and not even close to accurate. You might as well have called us doody-heads.

Quote:

No freedom for you my son/daughter, I must continue to rid the world of Christians, you'll only get in my way.

Hahaha, you should write cartoons or something. This shit is great.

Completely fucking wrong, though, I hope you realize.

Quote:

I have the privilege of nothing, and i'm going to spare you that privilege."

Or how about:

"I am utterly incapable of raising a child and would rather abort the child than give it a shitty life that it doesn't deserve."

Do you think that people ENJOY having abortions?

We could start the debate about exactly when "life" begins, but that debate never gets resolved.

To end on a lighter, but still relevant note:

"When a human has an abortion, we call it a murder. When a chicken has an abortion, we call it an omelet."

---George Carlin

Quote:

You go through life in search of nothing, always learning, but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.

That's exactly what we say about you.

The difference is that we're right. =D

Quote:

Teaching people to partake in your infidelity, and condemning others who don't support such a lame cause.

Most atheists wear the word "infidel" as a badge of honor anymore, mostly because we don't give a shit what religious zealouts think.

Also, we don't condemn those who don't support our cause. Actually, not even all atheists support our cause. We get bitched at by nutcase atheists sometimes, too. But even those who don't support our cause AND who don't agree with us, we would not condemn. It's religion that is batshit crazy, not the person.

Religion tends to make people batshit crazy, and that is very unfortunate, but we try to help, when we can.

Quote:

Well did not God tell us about you in the book of Romans, you have 14 versus dedicated to you.

Zeus didn't like us either. I like his stories better though.

Quote:
And i'm not going into a bible debate with anybody, unless compelled

If you're not willing to discuss it, then don't fucking say it.

Waste of your time and ours.

Quote:

(if such a person is on the brink of some type of wisdom),

Rook Hawkins is the resident bible scholar, but I can already tell by the immature way you're acting that he's not interested in talking to you.

Quote:

just know this, God from the foundation of the world has elected people unto salvation,

First you have to prove your god exists.

Santa Claus has a list and he's checking it twice, but until he is shown to actually exist, nobody gives a shit.

You are not exempt from this reality.

Quote:

so Brian is right about something finally, He elected the nation of Israel, and they cleaned house, mass genocide all over the earth, by His command, man, woman and child, there evilness deserving of death. He chose one nation to be merciful to, and even they were just as disobedient as the pagan ones, and its clearly illustrated in the judgment they are under now.

You can always count on God to do something batshit crazy.

Quote:

And please spare me on the innocence of children lecture, when you support abortion, fools and blind!!

1) Not all atheists are pro-choice, FOOL AND BLIDN!!11!!1!

2) Children are innocent. You shouldn't kill them. You also shouldn't indoctrinate them.

3) Even all atheists did support abortion, and even if their pointing out that children are innocent and don't deserve to die made them hypocrites, it still wouldn't excuse you from having to answer for that kind of atrocity. Children were still killed. What you are doing is first grade stuff.

Teacher: "Beatz! Did I just see you punch little Billy?"

Beatz: "Well, Jimmy punched him first!

That doesn't work for grown ups.

Quote:

No man comes to God, unless the Father draws Him, so stop wasting your time, searching the bible, you cant understand it unless you are Gods elect, unless God elected you unto salvation before the foundation of the world, unless He regenerates you out of your self-flesh pleasing selves, you will remain in the debased state you are in, and die in it as well.

Translation: You can't understand the bible unless you already believe it.

I'll ignore the rest of the baseless ad hominem stuff.

Quote:

And continue to curse and blaspheme,

Blaspheming is fucking great.

Quote:

Psalms 76:10 says your wrath praises Him, all the time you shake the fist at Him, and curse His name, all the more praises Him, how He is sovereign over His creatures, and there's nothing you can do about.

Don't care.

I don't care how unicorns feel about my lack of belief in them either.

Quote:

So, why don't you go run a campaign on other persons putting the fear in individuals, not just Theist,

So you admit to using fear tactics? Thanks! =)

Quote:
what about police, who use scare tactics like the speed limit to stop people from reckless driving, or the camera's at stop lights that evoke the fear of a fine, if ran.

1) Those punishments are not eternal

2) Those punishments benefit society (for perspective compare a traffic light law, which is to prevent cars from crashing into one another, injuring the passengers, to the law that says if you have premarital sex, a victimless crime, you will be burned and horribly tortured for ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and...

I think you get the point.

Quote:

Or maybe insurance companies who put the fear in you and compel you to more coverage, you never know, a tornado could hit your house and car, you could've saved %15 percent or more if you would've switched, thatss all-states stand!

Same mistake you made before. Not even close to the same thing.

Also, tornadoes and car crashes ARE REAL.

Quote:

Or maybe your country, who IS NOT in Iraq for the sake of Christianity,

I hope not.

Quote:

we are just like any other great ruler in times past, trying to gain control over everything.

Some people might be over there for imperialistic reasons, but that's not why everyone is over there. I don't think most people would support that kind of imperialistic action, and I hope you don't either.

Quote:

How about Alexander the Great, Pharraoh and the Egyptians, or the Roman Empire, whose motivation was not gods, but to serve there own flesh in trying to take over the world.

You think that atheists are trying to take over the world?

Here's a fun image for you:

http://cs133.vkontakte.ru/u678528/6606878/x_3bab16d9.jpg

 

Now take off your little foil hat. It looks silly.

Quote:

Since there is NO GOD, these men did these things because they were self pleasing, so now we know what atheist do in absence of any divine Being,

You need to learn yourself a book.

Quote:

(Brain animated voice) TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!! Your claim is that there is NO GOD, so since there is NO GOD, we as humans, have been acting out of our own self conscious efforts, the outward confessions made by people meant nothing, in actuality they were doing it all for themselves or their nation.

blah blah blah not worth it

I was going to give sincere responses, but you're very hard to take seriously. You seriously have no clue what you're saying.

Quote:

So your claims of atheism is the cure are inane, since we are all actually atheist, the world and its results are caused by atheism.

Yes, we ARE all atheists. Even YOU are an atheist.

Quote:

Oh yeah, and if your not Gods elect, No, your not going to become a Christian on your death bed, as you think some people do,

Only christians think that some atheists become christians on their death beds.

I'm not going to start believing in Santa Claus on my death bed, and God probably won't come up either.

Quote:

it doesn't work that way, No, everyone cannot gain repentance, Hitler, Stalin, whoever, I don't care if they claimed to be Christians, they are not in heaven, trust and believe.

Of course they're not in heaven. I'm glad we can both agree that they are rotting in the ground, like the rest of us will do.

Or possibly in the case of David Mills, get plundered by squid. (hehe).

Quote:

Repentance has to be granted to you (2 Timothy 2:25).

You have to be good or Santa will give you coal!

Still means nothing until you prove to me that your invisible friend is real. I don't give a shit what you think he's going to do to me. I'm not afraid of him until you prove to me that he's not just a ghost story you're trying to scare me with.

Quote:

No, everyone claiming to be a Christian is not a Christian,

Tell me about it. Not even Jesus was a Christian.

Quote:

No, almost the whole of Americans are no where near God, No you cant do what you want in Christianity and ask for forgiveness,

See... this is kinda why atheists get so worn out with you people. You came in here to lecture us about why our atheism is foolish, apparently, but now you're just going on and on about misconceptions people have toward Christianity.

None of the things you're talking about are even close to the issues we have with Christianity. We don't believe in ANY god. How is talking about Christianity exclusively going to help that problem?

I suppose it's because you believe that the Christian god is the only "true" god, which only reinforces the point I made before about you being an atheist.

We are all atheists about one god or another. I just go one god further than you.

You can do it. It's just one god. You've got most of them. Now just get that teeeeeny weeeeny last one, and you'll be all set.

Quote:

stop trying to read the scriptures, if you can interpret it correctly, Jesus is not teaching that as a Christian you do anything you want and ask forgiveness,

That would only matter if we were praying or trying to ask for forgiveness.

Your own preaching has led you off on a wild tangent. Do you just enjoy listening to yourself preach?

WE DON'T CARE.

Demonstrate that your God exists. That is all we care about. Period. End. Done. Over.

Until you can do that, everything else is inconsequential.

Quote:

Paul expounded on Jesus teaching in Romans 6, and also a word of condemnation for such people thinking they can continue in their evil deeds, and still think they are Christians, and accuse the bible of encouraging such (Romans 3:Cool.

*Yawn*

See last response.

Are you running on Energizer or something?

Quote:

Saying there is no God is not the unpardonable sin, on the contrary, your title is given in Psalms 14:1.

We don't care. That wasn't the point.

 

Thanks for stopping in and showing us that we've still got work to do. There's still plenty of crazy left out there for us, I guess.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Ok, I am going to start

Ok, I am going to start with....you must be retarded to have stated what you did in your OP.

    Now to answer the rest, I am simply an atheist, I believe in no god(s) or deity(s) at all. I live my life to the fullest of what I believe to be a good life, I enjoy my family and friends, we have our hopes and dreams for the future and the future of our children. I get the greatest of happiness out of this. I enjoy the simple things in life. As for drugs, parties and the rest of the crap your wrote, eh, it works for some, not for me. I drink sure, however very little maybe a few beers a month (unless it's a newfie wedding then it's a 24 of beer)

    I have no reason to end my life, I am enjoying it why would I want to end it? I have no desire to die, I don't fear it, but I don't need to speed it up, i want to do as much as I can to help my children and maybe my grandchilden for their futures. 

    Now, if you need god to comfort you, you have my sympathy, your weak and cannot deal with reality, that's fine, there are many that cannot accept the hardships of life and the fear of death, I get it, but don't get upset towards the rest of us that can deal with reality and can live a good happy life without god. 


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: God can do

Beatz wrote:

God can do whatever He wants, and there is nothing you can do about it. 

 

You see, i've been testing that all my life... destroying his creations tends to work quite well >.> 

 

Beatz wrote:

 everyone is deserving of death. 

 

Whole heartedly agreed ^_^ 

 

Beatz wrote:
  

no person puts fear in me. 

 

Feel like testing that theory?

What Would Kharn Do?


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
dude, Brian37, whats your

dude, Brian37, whats your damage.  I noted two people who did something because they hated God, and your having a fit.  I'm sure there were plenty of atheist, and so called Christians who did bad things. 

 

Sapient, you can go on thinking that people making an outward confession of Jesus are Christians, but your deceived.  They are not, whether your talking about hip-hoppers, or anyone else in pop-culture.

 

And i'll address everything about the so called dark side of my relationship with Christ.  You've read the bible, you must've missed the scripture of God saying He creates calamity and peace.  Or the other scriptures where He says He created the wicked for a day of doom.  And you cant change it, the more you curse Him the more you praise Him, and show everyone else that He is sovereign over your life.

 

How do you expect me to cover up behind something that's blatenly written in the text, YES, God told Israel to go into certain spots and kill everyone, man, woman, and child.  Yes, bears came out and killed the kids for calling Elisha baldy or for their insolence and mocking.  The question is what can you do about it, God does what He pleases, He is infinetely above you.

 

But I do believe once again, that some of you are elect, maybe you haven't heard of the apostle Paul, and how he persecuted Christians, and God still elected Him unto salvation.  The same goes for some of you.

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13396
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Do you blame yourself


 Do you blame yourself for slavery? Are we responsible for Thomas Jefferson owning slaves?

I am not responsible for anything that happened before my life. I am responsible for my life now and hopefully those who survive me will benifit from what I do now.

You are trying to sell me the idea that "POOF" "ABRACADABRA" a man fully grown, who didnt mature for 18 years, but magically came from dirt is making me responsible for a mistake he made before I was born?

If your grandad robs a bank, are you responsible for it?

Did it ever occur to you that it is just a fairy tale? Did you know the Jews DO NOT consider Eve the first woman? Care to guess who most Jews would claim was the first woman?

Mind you, their book is no different to me than your book or the koran. Just a book of stories people like believing. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
my friend, doomed soul, your

my friend, doomed soul, your doing nothing outside of what God ordained you to do.


Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
Posts: 296
Joined: 2007-06-27
User is offlineOffline
If atheists are as bad as

If atheists are as bad as CHristians, as OP claims in the title of this thread, doesn't that mean that Christians are bad?

If A=B then B=A, right?

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.


The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
Posts: 2148
Joined: 2007-08-31
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: my friend,

Beatz wrote:
my friend, doomed soul, your doing nothing outside of what God ordained you to do.

 

Music to my ears Beatz!

 

You heard it here folks, God gave me a license to kill >.> (ill try to keep the blood stains off the carpets)

What Would Kharn Do?


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13396
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: dude,

Beatz wrote:

dude, Brian37, whats your damage. I noted two people who did something because they hated God, and your having a fit. I'm sure there were plenty of atheist, and so called Christians who did bad things.

 

Sapient, you can go on thinking that people making an outward confession of Jesus are Christians, but your deceived. They are not, whether your talking about hip-hoppers, or anyone else in pop-culture.

 

And i'll address everything about the so called dark side of my relationship with Christ. You've read the bible, you must've missed the scripture of God saying He creates calamity and peace. Or the other scriptures where He says He created the wicked for a day of doom. And you cant change it, the more you curse Him the more you praise Him, and show everyone else that He is sovereign over your life.

 

How do you expect me to cover up behind something that's blatenly written in the text, YES, God told Israel to go into certain spots and kill everyone, man, woman, and child. Yes, bears came out and killed the kids for calling Elisha baldy or for their insolence and mocking. The question is what can you do about it, God does what He pleases, He is infinetely above you.

 

But I do believe once again, that some of you are elect, maybe you haven't heard of the apostle Paul, and how he persecuted Christians, and God still elected Him unto salvation. The same goes for some of you.

So an all loving god allows a Pursicutor of Christians(Paul) into heaven? So if Hitler who pursicuted Jews asks for forgiveness will God let him into heaven?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
That was a nice little

That was a nice little analogy Brian37, but it still fails in the long run.  No, if your grandfather robs a bank, your not responsible.  But if your grandfather is the first human, and is inosent, but decides to transgress, and sin, and all together becomes a sinner, then everything that your grandfather produces will be the same, sin.  Your a sinner, just like me, are you trying to tell me you have never done anything wrong?

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
no Brian37, Hitler who

no Brian37, Hitler who persecuted jews did not go to heaven.  Yes, read carefully.  Paul, who persecuted Christians(that all went to heaven) was granted repentance.  Hitler, who persecuted Jews, did not go to heaven, neither did the Jews.  Maybe if you read, Jesus parables correctly you would see that He is telling you in certain ones, that He will do what He wants to do, with whats His. 

 

And if you have read about Paul, you will see all the things He went through after his conversion, including numerous stonings, persecutions, and scourgings.  Thrown in jail and more.  So trust and believe, when God says vengence is His, and He will repay, He is not lying.  Ask any real Christian about the dirt they did before they became a Christian, and I garauntee, close to the same things ended up happening to them.  So, get it out of your mind, that people do what they wanna do and just ask forgiveness and go to heaven. 

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Also, get it out of your

Also, get it out of your mind that God loves everybody. 


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: dude,

Beatz wrote:

dude, Brian37, whats your damage. Blah blah blah the bible is true because the bible says so blah blah blah.

 Sapient, Blah blah blah the bible is true because the bible says so blah blah blah. 

And Blah blah blah the bible is true because the bible says so blah blah blah. 

How do you expect me to cover Blah blah blah the bible is true because the bible says so blah blah blah.

 But Blah blah blah the bible is true because the bible says so blah blah blah.

    Uhuh, tell us more?

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13396
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: my friend,

Beatz wrote:
my friend, doomed soul, your doing nothing outside of what God ordained you to do.

If that is what your sick deluded mind wants to believe so be it. But I am quite releived that your fictional tyrant is just that, fiction. I dont think of myself as a puppet, I think the human species is capable of better than that.

"Question with boldness even the existance of God for if there be one, surely he would pay more homage to reason than to that of blindfolded fear" Thomas Jefferson.

WHO also equated the virgin birth and death of Jesus as being in the same class of Minerva being born out of the brain of Jupiter.

Is he doomed too? 

Oh, BTW, I just got a message from Allah, he is going to tear your ass up for not kissing his. JUST YOU WAIT AND SEETongue out

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


daretoknow
Superfan
daretoknow's picture
Posts: 114
Joined: 2007-12-09
User is offlineOffline
The delusion is strong in

The delusion is strong in you Obi Beatz Kinobi.


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
oh boy, so your asssuming

oh boy, so your asssuming that there was a point in time that a perfect sin free human existed.....of course, this is a lack of understanding of A) atheists, that doesn't believe in god therefore doesn't believe in sin, as such this is irrelevant B) evolution and humans.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Also, get it

Beatz wrote:
Also, get it out of your mind that God loves everybody. 

He can't do anything because he doesn't exist. OK, there's always a possibility that he exists... irrespective of the millennia of desperate scraping for evidence by believers.


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
   Jesus would shout at

   Jesus would shout at you Beatz , "Get behind me satan."  ....  , as he scolded Peter. 

Here is nice christian you could learn from .... Me and him have MANY dissagreements , I am atheist.

 Get Behind Me Satan!  http://www.savioroftheworld.net/satan.htm

the Jesus character was an Atheist

Christ is a mythical invention

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ

 Beatz , Do you have any thoughts on the Buddha dude ?

.... did I tell ya I love ya ? Well I do ....

 


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13396
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: That was a

Beatz wrote:
That was a nice little analogy Brian37, but it still fails in the long run. No, if your grandfather robs a bank, your not responsible. But if your grandfather is the first human, and is inosent, but decides to transgress, and sin, and all together becomes a sinner, then everything that your grandfather produces will be the same, sin. Your a sinner, just like me, are you trying to tell me you have never done anything wrong?

The same symtoms of child abuse, you pass it down. So your magicall sky daddy's perfect plan was for his first perfect creation to pass down flaws to every generation?

I agree if you always put the same thing into something you'll always get the same thing out. So you break that cycle by discarding myth and recognizing it for what it is.

Just like a child who is abused but doesnt grow up to abuse ends up recognizing that his parents baggage dont have to be his. The ones that continue to abuse dont make that recognition. 

"Sin" is a mythological word. Reality is that people do good things and people do bad things, and the club they belong to is irrelivent. People in Japan dont believe in Jesus and there crime rate is zero compaired to America.

Your fictional sky daddy is not required to live a moral and decent life. You simply baught a lie and believe it is as fact. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Watcher
atheist
Posts: 2326
Joined: 2007-07-10
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: no Brian37,

Beatz wrote:

no Brian37, Hitler who persecuted jews did not go to heaven. 

Why?  He was a good little catholic who has not been excommunicated to this day by the Catholic Church.

Beatz wrote:

Yes, read carefully.  Paul, who persecuted Christians(that all went to heaven) was granted repentance. 

"Paul" did not persecute christians.  Saul did.  He did not receive the new name of Paul until after he became a christian in that little fictional story of the christian mythology you are talking about.

Heck, since we are talking about religious mythologies let's talk about Fenris from the Norse Mythologies.  That was a bad-ass beast wasn't it?  Much more interesting that the Saul/Paul fairy tale.

Beatz wrote:
Hitler, who persecuted Jews, did not go to heaven, neither did the Jews. 

Did you go to the same church as jew-hating, jewish christ loving Mel Gibson?  What a hypocrit.

Beatz wrote:

Maybe if you read, Jesus parables correctly you would see that He is telling you in certain ones, that He will do what He wants to do, with whats His. 

Maybe if you read Little Red Riding Hood correctly you would see what she was bringing to grandma, that...EEK, the Big Bad Wolf!!!

 

Beatz wrote:

Ask any real Christian...

No true scotsman, eh?

Beatz wrote:
   So, get it out of your mind, that people do what they wanna do and just ask forgiveness and go to heaven. 

Just strap on this tnt, walk amongst the innocent civilians, martyr yourself, and you will have 72 virgins.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci


Tarpan
Special Agent
Posts: 26
Joined: 2006-06-06
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Its funny how

Quote:

Its funny how hypocritical you guys are, you say Christians are like terrorist, putting the fear of hell in people to make them believe in a God that doesn't exist.  While you do the same thing by putting the fear of no God into people, no hope for any afterlife, no hope of moral bliss, no hope of a better place after death, just nothingness.  All the pain and hurt you went through in life for no reason at all.  All the time you spent on earth, just to die.


This message does nothing to promote our cause or force people to believe in us.  It is actually probably the #1 reason people avoid atheism.  
 
Quote:

Atheist spend all their time in their empty lifestyle of work and partying, drugs and sex, book writing, web-site making, rational responding, etc.. A materialistic endeavor, a futile campaign of work and play, an endless drought of high life or low, ridding the world of people awaiting a blessed hope, who die trying to encourage others that there is something better after this terrible place.  The whole of population is already in agreement with you guys, maybe not as irrational as making the absurd statement, that lacks absolute surety that there is "No God."  What is your motive?  The world would be a better place if all 6 billion people didn't believe in anything at all?  If people just went on in emptiness the world would be a better place?  This is what you preach?  And you say Christians are bad.  WOW!!  Anyone with a brain can see that this way of thinking has lead to another pointless act, in the name of the GREATER GOOD, yeah....  I mean, what's the point?

It's sad that you see this place as terrible.  Personally, I see this as a fantastic place with great wonder.  Perhaps you need to open your eyes to the things that are truly amazing in our world.

Yes, people would be better off without belief.  I firmly believe this.

The point is the truth.  Perhaps if people weren't so busy spreading lies, they would have time to see the things that are truly amazing in our world and learn to appreciate our lives.  It's unfortunate that you think so lowly of our planet and our lives, but I can assure you that we have very different outlooks on life.
 
Quote:

If we are just some anonymous creatures, with empty task, why don't you just blast yourself now?  You wanna enjoy your life, the way you want to right?  Having a job, having no job, this is what brings you joy?  A house, a girlfriend/wife, a car and a family, so much happiness?  None of these things mean anything at all, and i'm sorry if you find joy in such stupidity, i really am sorry, and pity you.  Its funny, such an empty lifestyle, vanity.  I guess this is the reason why so many people support abortion, "why not spare the little lad of such emptiness, I wanna continue in my nothingness without interruption.  I cant live the way I want to with a baby, I'll abort him/her, in THE NAME OF FREEDOM!!  No freedom for you my son/daughter, I must continue to rid the world of Christians, you'll only get in my way.  I have the privilege of nothing, and i'm going to spare you that privilege."  You go through life in search of nothing, always learning, but never coming to the knowledge of the truth.  Teaching people to partake in your infidelity, and condemning others who don't support such a lame cause.


I don't blast myself now because I am thankful for my opportunity to be here.
Don't be sorry or pity me while I am sorry and pity you for being blinded to the wonders of the world.

Life is not about having knowledge, it is about the journey for knowledge.  The journey itself is life at it's best.

Quote:

Well did not God tell us about you in the book of Romans, you have 14 versus dedicated to you.  Romans 1:18-32 especially 32.  And i'm not going into a bible debate with anybody, unless compelled(if such a person is on the brink of some type of wisdom), just know this, God from the foundation of the world has elected people unto salvation, so Brian is right about something finally, He elected the nation of Israel, and they cleaned house, mass genocide all over the earth, by His command, man, woman and child, there evilness deserving of death.  He chose one nation to be merciful to, and even they were just as disobedient as the pagan ones, and its clearly illustrated in the judgment they are under now.  And please spare me on the innocence of children lecture, when you support abortion, fools and blind!!


Many believers also support abortion.  Many atheists do not support abbortion.  Perhaps you need to understand your audience better before going on long winded rants.

Quote:

No man comes to God, unless the Father draws Him, so stop wasting your time, searching the bible, you cant understand it unless you are Gods elect, unless God elected you unto salvation before the foundation of the world, unless He regenerates you out of your self-flesh pleasing selves, you will remain in the debased state you are in, and die in it as well.  And continue to curse and blaspheme, Psalms 76:10 says your wrath praises Him, all the time you shake the fist at Him, and curse His name, all the more praises Him, how He is sovereign over His creatures, and there's nothing you can do about.  


It's amazing how everyone seems to have different view on what God's opinion is.
 
Quote:

So, why don't you go run a campaign on other persons putting the fear in individuals, not just Theist, what about police, who use scare tactics like the speed limit to stop people from reckless driving, or the camera's at stop lights that evoke the fear of a fine, if ran.  Or maybe insurance companies who put the fear in you and compel you to more coverage, you never know, a tornado could hit your house and car, you could've saved %15 percent or more if you would've switched, thatss all-states stand!  Or maybe your country, who IS NOT in Iraq for the sake of Christianity, we are just like any other great ruler in times past, trying to gain control over everything.  How about Alexander the Great, Pharraoh and the Egyptians, or the Roman Empire, whose motivation was not gods, but to serve there own flesh in trying to take over the world.  Since there is NO GOD, these men did these things because they were self pleasing, so now we know what atheist do in absence of any divine Being, (Brain animated voice) TRY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!


We already addressed the fact that our 'fear' does not support our cause, it's just a logical conclusion based on our lack of belief.

Are you suggesting that Pharraoh's were not religiously driven?

lol drama queen.
 
Quote:

Your claim is that there is NO GOD, so since there is NO GOD, we as humans, have been acting out of our own self conscious efforts, the outward confessions made by people meant nothing, in actuality they were doing it all for themselves or their nation.  So your claims of atheism is the cure are inane, since we are all actually atheist, the world and its results are caused by atheism.


THis isn't making much sense to me, I don't get your point...though I'm sure it's a pos point anyways.
 
Quote:

Oh yeah, and if your not Gods elect, No, your not going to become a Christian on your death bed, as you think some people do, it doesn't work that way, No, everyone cannot gain repentance, Hitler, Stalin, whoever, I don't care if they claimed to be Christians, they are not in heaven, trust and believe.  Repentance has to be granted to you (2 Timothy 2:25).  No, everyone claiming to be a Christian is not a Christian, No, almost the whole of Americans are no where near God, No you cant do what you want in Christianity and ask for forgiveness, stop trying to read the scriptures, if you can interpret it correctly, Jesus is not teaching that as a Christian you do anything you want and ask forgiveness, Paul expounded on Jesus teaching in Romans 6, and also a word of condemnation for such people thinking they can continue in their evil deeds, and still think they are Christians, and accuse the bible of encouraging such (Romans 3:Cool.  Saying there is no God is not the unpardonable sin, on the contrary, your title is given in Psalms 14:1.


You're silly.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 13396
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beatz wrote: Paul, who

Beatz wrote:
Paul, who persecuted Christians(that all went to heaven) was granted repentance.  Hitler, who persecuted Jews, did not go to heaven, neither did the Jews.

WOW, hey any Jews reading this, the 6 million slaughtered, according to your Christian friend here, didnt get past the velvet ropes.

So, what are Jews to you? Pawns? Props in your sky dady's grandious self centered play? 

I think the Anti defimation league would love to read this. 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, my Father ordained

Yeah, my Father ordained humans not to be perfect, and what? 

And that was a good observation on the Saul/Paul thing, I see you have studied.  I'm glad you give attention to the bible.

 

We're all sinners, or since atheist dont believe in sin, we have all committed, morally wrong acts.  My brothers.  Im sure, God has chosen some of you though, and its gonna be hilarious, when you convert.

 

Archtype guy, that was a funny cartoon, I like you.  You remind me of one of my atheist friends.  I dont go around trying to force people to believe anything, I simply give out the gospel, Christ died for sinners, if your chosen to hear, you will, if not, you wont.  Preaching of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those who are being saved, the power of God.

 

And I dont hate Jews, once again, you mustve missed the scripture when God said, Jacob I have loved, and Esau I have hated.  God loves some and hates others, take that up with Him(you study so I assume you saw that one).

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Tarpan you can read the

Tarpan you can read the scriptures for yourself, as I can see, you and everybody else has already done so.  Gods a fact, maybe one day he will enable you to realize it.  Like I said before, i'm sorry all of you learned bumper sticker theology growing up, hey, I did too.

 

And you can take it or leave it, we are puppets, our lives were ordained before we even took a breath.

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
Yet again, you believe,

Yet again, you believe, congrats your weak and fear reality, we understand that, but don't be angry because there are many atheists that are happy without your god. it's ok, we will be happy, and simply die, no hell, no heaven, just death. However until that time, we shall continue to enjoy our lives, as for you...yeah you believe in the christian god, how sad it's going to be for you when you find out your wrong, after all the OT speaks about the jews...and your not jew, then came so called jesus, and paul and the rest of the so called disciples create christianity....or wait it could the muslims are right and allah is going to have some fun with your soul....or wait it could be brahma, vishnu and shiva (the hindu religion is the oldest in the world after all and came before judiasim which came before christianity) and you will be reborn again and again and again until the 7th day of life of brahma (or about another 35 billion more years) or any other of the thousands and thousands of god....or you will simply die.....and nothing else....but i figure you fear this part....of simply dying and wasting your life on worshiping some pitiful god.

    Oh and we are not sinners, we don't blasphemy against god since there is not god. 


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
I think all the jews already

I think all the jews already know that, I believe it was the jew Jesus Christ, who said no man comes to the Father except through me.

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
latincanic, what is that

latincanic, what is that picture dude? sorry if i spelled your name wrong


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
except god never says that

except god never says that in the OT, read the OT again moron, Psalms 145:18  "God is near to all who call unto Him" and he is speaking to jews really here, second saying that no man comes to the father except through me contradicts one of the 10 commandents, you know the one, "You shall have no other gods BEFORE ME," meaning that it is forbidden to set up a mediator between God and man. (see Maimonides - Laws of Idolatry ch. 1) something for you to think about....oh wait you won't


Beatz
Theist
Posts: 95
Joined: 2008-01-30
User is offlineOffline
Watcher, I'm trying to

Watcher, I'm trying to figure out who told you the catholic doctrine was correct?  Pope, mary(immaculate conception), etc.  Maybe you should graduate now to reformed theology.

Don't believe in God? I can't fix that.

Reformed Theology Resource: www.monergism.com