Scientology & the Cross

dassercha
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Scientology & the Cross

Anyone see this? What's up w/ the cross as a symbol? Weird...and then upon further research, see below. I mean, just WTF?!?!?!?!?!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/12/07/germany.scientology.ap/index.html

And then, from wiki (I know, but there are similar references elsewhere...)

Xenu (also Xemu), pronounced /ˈziːnuː/, according to Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, was the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who, 75 million years ago, brought billions[1] of his people to Earth in DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes and killed them using hydrogen bombs. Scientology holds that their essences remained, and that they form around people in modern times, causing them spiritual harm.[2][3]

These events are known to Scientologists as "Incident II", and the traumatic memories associated with them as The Wall of Fire. The story of Xenu is part of Scientologist teachings on extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in Earthly events, collectively described as space opera by Hubbard. Hubbard detailed the story in Operating Thetan level III (OT III) in 1967, warning that this material was "calculated to kill (by pneumonia etc) anyone who attempts to solve it."[sic]

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
What else can I say but

What else can I say but that these people are nuts. Their theology is so bizarre it sounds as if they want to be riduculed. I wouldn't be surprised if it was discovered they also worship Ronald McDonald.

As far as the symbolism of the cross is concerned, why wouldn't they use it ? It's the most "user friendly" religious symbol in Western society. It's just a religious symbol that they hijacked to make themselves blend in and appear acceptable.