The Zeitgeist Movie Wins at the Artivist Film Festival

Freethinkaluva
Freethinkaluva's picture
Posts: 41
Joined: 2006-06-10
User is offlineOffline
The Zeitgeist Movie Wins at the Artivist Film Festival

The Zeitgeist Movie Wins at the Artivist Film Festival

For those who are interested the Zeitgeist Movie has won the top award from the Artivist Film Festival http://www.artivists.org

Acharya appeared on a panel to answer questions about part 1 in front of a packed house at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, CA.

The Zeitgeist Movie has gone "viral" with over 6 million views. And it appears that Acharya is going to come out with "A Companion Guide to the Zeitgeist Movie part 1" in the very near future. I'm guessing a couple of weeks or so.

The "Zeitgeist" part 1 video is largely based on Acharya's work (starts @ 9:45 - 35)(Acharya has nothing to do with parts 2 & 3)
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

http://www.truthbeknown.com/index.html

;

"All the gods of the Greek and Roman mythology represent the attributes of the one supreme divine power - the SUN."
~ Macrobius 400ce "Suns of God" 67-68
http://www.truthbeknown.com/sunsofgod.htm


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
  Great news, everyone

  Great news, everyone should see this important movie. Wish this kind of stuff was shown in the schools. It is in 3 parts; Religion, War, Money.

Helps turn the brain on ....


JeremiahSmith
Posts: 361
Joined: 2006-11-25
User is offlineOffline
awesome this means we get

awesome this means we get more people using bad arguments for mythicism and 9/11 conspiracy morons


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
   I don't think so,

   I don't think so, mabey I should review the movie again, It didn't come off that way to me, and at least it gets people thinking.  Jesus is layered myth.

I don't remembering it supporting 9/11 conspiracy bull, but merely mentioning them ???

yeah, not a perfect movie, but better than fox news ..... 


Occams Raison
Occams Raison's picture
Posts: 16
Joined: 2007-11-01
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:

yeah, not a perfect movie, but better than fox news .....

 

LOL!  Talk about damning with faint praise!  Even other Mythicists regard this movie and "Acharya S" as embarassing jokes.  Surely that says something to you? 

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
   yes , so embarrassing,

[ edit ]  

yes , so embarrassing, [to the church] that is why I recommened it, [a blow to authority bull ]    

and this one too, posted by RRS,

"The Naked Truth", couldn't find the RRS link . but here's the movie, ..... get well [ world ] 

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8251447278663885234&q=%22The+Naked+Truth%22&total=313&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

  ...this is also interesting ,

RELIGIOUS ART, Santa Claus ?

The Pharmacratic Inquisition , 3.5 hrs broken into 7 segments http://www.gnosticmedia.com/DL.html

--- or full length http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4555365073003895154

here's the 7 min trailer, cool music too .... http://www.archive.org/details.php?identifier=GnosticMedia_Revolve_trailer

some quick reading, The psychedelic secrets of Santa Claus http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/3136.html

http://botit.botany.wisc.edu/toms_fungi/dec99.html

Got More ?  


Freethinkaluva
Freethinkaluva's picture
Posts: 41
Joined: 2006-06-10
User is offlineOffline
Occams Raison "Even other

Occams Raison "Even other Mythicists regard this movie and "Acharya S" as embarassing jokes."

- Actually, that's not accurate. I notice from my own personal experience that the folks who go out of there way to flame or smear Acharya's work have never actually studied it. It's fair to say that one could always find something about any writers work to criticize, fair enough but what these folks do is especially irrational &  unreasonable. If you don't like her work or writing style, fair enough but you don't need to smear it do to your own ignorance on Acharya's work.

Dr. Robert Price changed his tune & gave a positive review of "Suns of God" saying:

 "I know Acharya has given me many new questions and much to think about. That was true of her first book and equally true of this one. I do not mind acknowledging her as my teacher as well."

Then, Dr. Price went on to write the foreword to Acharya's latest book soon to be released "Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ". They've done a radio show together etc, etc.

Earl Doherty has a positive review of her work saying:

"We sorely need a new History of Religions School for the 21st century, to apply modern techniques to this important ancient material. Perhaps this book will help bring that about."

Plus, other positive reviews from folks like:

* Dr. W. Sumner Davis - Fellow, Royal Astronomical Society; Member, American Geophysical Union; Affiliate, New York Academy of Science

* David Bergland - Libertarianism in One Lesson, 1984 Libertarian Presidential Candidate

* Loren Ball - NASA-Affiliated Astronomer editor, Christian Biblical Errancy Debate

* Dr. Edwin Krupp - Astronomer and past-director of Los Angeles's Griffith Observatory

And many more... 

"All the gods of the Greek and Roman mythology represent the attributes of the one supreme divine power - the SUN."
~ Macrobius 400ce "Suns of God" 67-68
http://www.truthbeknown.com/sunsofgod.htm


ArianeB
ArianeB's picture
Posts: 23
Joined: 2007-09-24
User is offlineOffline
  After watching Zeitgeist

 

After watching Zeitgeist myself, I have pretty much decided it is crap.

The opening segment, a crappy music video.

The Jesus Myth stuff, probably the best part of the movie, but there are MANY innacuracies. For example, Sirius never lines up with Orions belt, They do not point to the point on the horizon where the sun rises on December 25th. Many of the Horus / Jesus parallels are inaccurate or even false. The "Southern Cross" is NOT visible in the northern hemisphere, etc. Far better short film covering similar ground: The God Who Wasn't There

The 9/11 stuff, recounts every single conspiracy theory in regards to 9/11, most of which have been thoroughly debunked. Yes there are still important questions in regards to 9/11, but even if we can prove a mass conspiracy, what can we possibly expect to happen to any conspirators behind it? I consider Bush and Cheney to be guilty of far worse crimes (lying us into war, profiteering from the fake war) that are provable, and yet they are getting away with it. Far better short film covering similar ground: Iraq for Sale

The Federal Reserve stuff is a horrible re-edit of a 2 hour film called America: Freedom to Fascism, which is a very good educational film worth watching, though some of the radical political views turned me off. Zeitgeist yanks out some of the punchlines from the movie skipping the more revelatory setups. Far better short film covering similar ground: Money as Debt

Then of course we have to have the goofy "love conquers all" ending. The movie follows the classic brainwashing pattern, take away all of your beliefs and support systems then fill your head with crap at the end.

Dont bother


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
   Dont bother ? Hey at

   

Dont bother ?

Hey at least the movie is a "fuck the masters" message .... and so I give it a thumbs up ....

I'm for anything that gets people thinking.

Imperfect shit against piles of shit I welcome.

Thanks for the other xlint links,

The Zeitgeist movie is progress .....


Freethinkaluva
Freethinkaluva's picture
Posts: 41
Joined: 2006-06-10
User is offlineOffline
"The Jesus Myth stuff,

"The Jesus Myth stuff, probably the best part of the movie, but there are MANY innacuracies. For example, Sirius never lines up with Orions belt, They do not point to the point on the horizon where the sun rises on December 25th. Many of the Horus / Jesus parallels are inaccurate or even false. The "Southern Cross" is NOT visible in the northern hemisphere, etc. Far better short film covering similar ground: The God Who Wasn't There"

"Sirius never lines up with Orions belt"

- Actually, it does & it takes only like 2 minutes to figure that out with some astronomy software.  

"They do not point to the point on the horizon where the sun rises on December 25th."

- Yeah, they kind of do & it's not difficult to varify. 

"Many of the Horus / Jesus parallels are inaccurate or even false."

- Do you have some sort of expertise on the study of this?

"The "Southern Cross" is NOT visible in the northern hemisphere,"

- Nobody claimed that in the Zeitgeist movie. 

"All the gods of the Greek and Roman mythology represent the attributes of the one supreme divine power - the SUN."
~ Macrobius 400ce "Suns of God" 67-68
http://www.truthbeknown.com/sunsofgod.htm


Conn_in_Brooklyn
Conn_in_Brooklyn's picture
Posts: 239
Joined: 2006-12-04
User is offlineOffline
Zeitgeist is an

Zeitgeist is an exceptionally irresponsible film.  I'm not so much talking about part 1 - the astrotheological arguments, astrological correlaries, etc. which I'm personally ambivalent about - but the conspiracy mongering on parts 2 & 3 is nothing short of historical negationism.  Conspiracy narratives (whether regarding the federal reserve, September 11, Oklahoma City, or the (trying not to laugh) New World Order) are an insult to serious social & historical inquiry & should be denounced by all rational individuals and communities - including this one.

I'm off myspace.com so you can only find me here: http://geoffreymgolia.blogspot.com


cam
Posts: 77
Joined: 2007-11-19
User is offlineOffline
The Crux

The "Southern Cross" is NOT visible in the northern hemisphere

That is true today, but in 1000 BC or so it was actually visible from the northern hemisphere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crux


Euthymius
Theist
Posts: 20
Joined: 2007-11-22
User is offlineOffline
  The Zeitgeist movie was

 

The Zeitgeist movie was based on total lies. People, please understand there is a war going on for your souls. This might seem silly to you but it is the truth. There is a global conspiracy against Christianity by the emissaries of Antichrist who are now present and active in the world. Their agenda is to destroy faith. They are not concerned over the facts and the truth. Their only desire is to cause you to disbelieve. I plan to make a series of videos on youtube in the near future refuting the mythicist errors, Zeitgeist and the pagan-parallel theories. I'll let you know when this happens. There is a good series free on youtube right now on "The Search for the Historical Jesus," by J.P. Moreland. Watch it if you want to know the truth.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA2d5jOpsH0

There are no atheists in fox holes


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Euthymius wrote:   The

Euthymius wrote:

 

The Zeitgeist movie was based on total lies. People, please understand there is a war going on for your souls. This might seem silly to you but it is the truth. There is a global conspiracy against Christianity by the emissaries of Antichrist who are now present and active in the world. Their agenda is to destroy faith. They are not concerned over the facts and the truth. Their only desire is to cause you to disbelieve. I plan to make a series of videos on youtube in the near future refuting the mythicist errors, Zeitgeist and the pagan-parallel theories. I'll let you know when this happens. There is a good series free on youtube right now on "The Search for the Historical Jesus," by J.P. Moreland. Watch it if you want to know the truth.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA2d5jOpsH0

Don't bother. Your credibility was shot to hell the moment you started blathering about souls and a conspiracy against one of the most dominant religions in the world. 


JeremiahSmith
Posts: 361
Joined: 2006-11-25
User is offlineOffline
Euthymius wrote: The

Euthymius wrote:
The Zeitgeist movie was based on total lies. People, please understand there is a war going on for your souls. This might seem silly to you but it is the truth. There is a global conspiracy against Christianity by the emissaries of Antichrist who are now present and active in the world. Their agenda is to destroy faith. They are not concerned over the facts and the truth. Their only desire is to cause you to disbelieve. I plan to make a series of videos on youtube in the near future refuting the mythicist errors, Zeitgeist and the pagan-parallel theories. I'll let you know when this happens. There is a good series free on youtube right now on "The Search for the Historical Jesus," by J.P. Moreland. Watch it if you want to know the truth.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA2d5jOpsH0

 

You are such a silly little man. Have you ever just looked in the mirror after writing something like that and thought, for just a second, that you were really silly? There's a war between invisible monsters and superheroes for your soul, a magic bit of stuff that makes you think and move! And there's a conspiracy, too! All kinds of people all over the world are conspiring against a silly religion, and no one has noticed. Maybe it's because of Antichrist magic! Doesn't that just sound really sillly? 

David Mills (Brad Pitt), talking to the serial killer John Doe, in the movie Se7en, wrote:
I've been trying to figure something in my head, and maybe you can help me out, yeah? When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading "Guns and Ammo", masturbating in your own feces, do you just stop and go, "Wow! It is amazing how fucking crazy I really am!"? Yeah. Do you guys do that?

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.


Euthymius
Theist
Posts: 20
Joined: 2007-11-22
User is offlineOffline
 I don't blame you two

 I don't blame you two because you are victims. I know its a humbling experience to learn that you have been targeted for deception. It is humbling to learn that there are things taking place that you are not aware of. The apostles of Antichrist have infiltrated the highest levels of the worlds governments. They are shaping people and society and trying to condition us for a one world order and one world religion where Antichrist will sit as absolute ruler. What happened in Commnunist Russia will eventually occur in America as well. This is their agenda. You have been trained to believe these things are silly. They (demons) have virtually all control over your mind. They work through these emisarries of Satan. You must humble yourself and call out to Christ. Only He can help you.

 

As for the historical Jesus, the problem is that the modern school system doesn't really teach any sense of history -- that people have lived before us; That history can really be known. The emissaries of Antichrist don't want you to know about sacred history -- all the saints that have preceeded us. There are literally millions of martyrs who died for what they knew to be true. And there are thousands of miracle working saints who had direct mystical contact with God. There are a lot of logical, historical and scientific proofs of God and Christ, but my favorite argument is the enormous cloud of saints that have lived. Just read about ancient saints. We even have modern saints. However due to the apostasy and worldiness of our times, the saints are vanishing. All of this -- the Antichrist, the apostasy from faith -- was prophesied in Scripture and Church history by the saints.

 

Just because God doesn't exist to atheists, does not mean He doesn't exist to others and in reality. Others in history have experienced a higher being (consciousness). Atheists just don't like the idea that there is something about reality they are not aware of. This is very arrogant.

 

Read "The Latter of Divine Ascent" by Saint John Climacus. He explains the path to enlightnement, the aquisition of virtue, and how to know God.

 

Constatine Cavarnos has 15 volumes of modern Orthodox Christian saints alone at his website: "The Institute for Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies."

 

He was a professor of philosophy at Harvard.

 

In the 1960's three saints: Nicholas, Irene and Raphael began to appear in Greece. They were martyred 300 years before. They appeared to people in daytime and in dreams. Cavarnos went there and saw two of them in aparitions himself in a church where they were known to appear. He is not crazy. He is a respected emeritus professor. I read his volume on saints Nicholas, Irene and Raphael. I also spoke to him on the phone. He really did see them!

 

Saint Raphael told someone where his buried relics (bones) were. They dug in the place and found his bones and built a church over it. I can go on and on. I just want you to know there is way more to reality then you are aware of. Oh, and the saints said that God exists, and heaven and hell are real. They had a lot to say. You should read the book.

 

 

There are no atheists in fox holes


Euthymius
Theist
Posts: 20
Joined: 2007-11-22
User is offlineOffline
 Actually, they started

 Actually, they started appearing around 500 years after they were martyred. They died in the 1400's.

 

And keep in mind that America is not the center of the universe. Just because something doesn't happen here, does not mean it doesn't happen in reality or anywhere else. And just because YOU never heard of this, does not mean it's not true. And just because it violates your atheistic worldview, does not mean it didn't happen. It did happen. Atheism is wrong. People are growing more and more arrogant. We wake up every day thinking we are the center of the universe, that we define what truth is. This is a false view of life. Trust me.

There are no atheists in fox holes


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
I hesitated several times

I hesitated several times before deciding to post a reply; a similar deliberation takes place when you see a quarter looking up from a fetid gutter. You know you're going to get your hands dirty, but is it worth it? Probably not.

Euthymius wrote:
I don't blame you two because you are victims. I know its a humbling experience to learn that you have been targeted for deception. It is humbling to learn that there are things taking place that you are not aware of.

Never a good sign when you start your victory dance before actually substantiating your argument.

Euthymius wrote:
The apostles of Antichrist have infiltrated the highest levels of the worlds governments. They are shaping people and society and trying to condition us for a one world order and one world religion where Antichrist will sit as absolute ruler. What happened in Commnunist Russia will eventually occur in America as well. This is their agenda. You have been trained to believe these things are silly. They (demons) have virtually all control over your mind. They work through these emisarries of Satan. You must humble yourself and call out to Christ. Only He can help you.

You're not, by any chance, an avid reader of David Icke, Bill Cooper or Dolores Canon are you?

Euthymius wrote:

As for the historical Jesus,

...He says as though a massive worldwide conspiracy to rule by supernatural powers is just an aside.

Euthymius wrote:

the problem is that the modern school system doesn't really teach any sense of history -- that people have lived before us; That history can really be known. The emissaries of Antichrist don't want you to know about sacred history -- all the saints that have preceeded us. There are literally millions of martyrs who died for what they knew to be true. And there are thousands of miracle working saints who had direct mystical contact with God. There are a lot of logical, historical and scientific proofs of God and Christ, but my favorite argument is the enormous cloud of saints that have lived. Just read about ancient saints. We even have modern saints. However due to the apostasy and worldiness of our times, the saints are vanishing. All of this -- the Antichrist, the apostasy from faith -- was prophesied in Scripture and Church history by the saints.

Then you'll have no problem substantiating your... LOL... never mind. I'm not even going to ask.

Euthymius wrote:

Just because God doesn't exist to atheists, does not mean He doesn't exist to others and in reality. Others in history have experienced a higher being (consciousness). Atheists just don't like the idea that there is something about reality they are not aware of. This is very arrogant.

Science is responsible for you being able to share your 'thoughts' with us now (along with everything else we enjoy in the first world). What has your 'higher being' done?

Euthymius wrote:

Read “The Latter of Divine Ascent“ by Saint John Climacus. He explains the path to enlightnement, the aquisition of virtue, and how to know God.

OK, hold on, let me write it down. Is he there with you now? Can other people see him, too?

Euthymius wrote:

Constatine Cavarnos has 15 volumes of modern Orthodox Christian saints alone at his website: “The Institute for Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies.“

He was a professor of philosophy at Harvard.

Sweet. Doesn't substantiate his arguments one bit. They have to work on their own, not by appeal to authority.

Euthymius wrote:
 

In the 1960's three saints: Nicholas, Irene and Raphael began to appear in Greece. They were martyred 300 years before. They appeared to people in daytime and in dreams. Cavarnos went there and saw two of them in aparitions himself in a church where they were known to appear. He is not crazy. He is a respected emeritus professor. I read his volume on saints Nicholas, Irene and Raphael. I also spoke to him on the phone. He really did see them!

Should be no problem to substantiate then.

Euthymius wrote:

Saint Raphael told someone where his buried relics (bones) were. They dug in the place and found his bones and built a church over it. I can go on and on. I just want you to know there is way more to reality then you are aware of. Oh, and the saints said that God exists, and heaven and hell are real. They had a lot to say. You should read the book.

And Milhouse's mom says he's cool.


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Euthymius

Euthymius wrote:

 Actually, they started appearing around 500 years after they were martyred. They died in the 1400's.

Thank goodness that's cleared up.

Euthymius wrote:

And keep in mind that America is not the center of the universe. Just because something doesn't happen here, does not mean it doesn't happen in reality or anywhere else.

“Anywhere else?”

Euthymius wrote:

And just because YOU never heard of this, does not mean it's not true.

And just because somebody said it, it doesn't mean it is.

Euthymius wrote:

And just because it violates your atheistic worldview, does not mean it didn't happen.

Atheism = no belief in gods. That's all it necessarily implies. I can believe in UFOs and the chupacabra and still be an atheist, as long as I don't deify them. I think you're after skeptics in particular.

Euthymius wrote:

It did happen. Atheism is wrong. People are growing more and more arrogant.

...He says after making two naked assertions. Whoops, make that three.

Euthymius wrote:

We wake up every day thinking we are the center of the universe, that we define what truth is. This is a false view of life.

Trust me.

Not even to tie your own shoes without a helmet.


Euthymius
Theist
Posts: 20
Joined: 2007-11-22
User is offlineOffline
 I made a typo when I said

 I made a typo when I said the Latter of Divine Ascent. I meant to say Ladder of Divine Ascent.

 

David Ike is part of the satanic global conspiracy. He's either a direct agent or being used by them. He believes the Illuminati (shadow government) is receiving their orders from the reptilians. What he calls reptilians I call demons. I don't agree with him on most things. I think he goes too far. And he's totally satanic. But I do agree with him that there is a shadow government and secret societies. Ultimately God is in control of everything. The devil can't do anything that God doesn't allow. I didn't read your full response because I just came back to correct my typo. But I caught the part on David Ike.

There are no atheists in fox holes


magilum
Posts: 2410
Joined: 2007-03-07
User is offlineOffline
Euthymius wrote: I made a

Euthymius wrote:

I made a typo when I said the Latter of Divine Ascent. I meant to say Ladder of Divine Ascent.

David Ike is part of the satanic global conspiracy. He's either a direct agent or being used by them.

What about Cooper? He's a decorated sailor -- surely he has nothing to gain by lying? Or Dolores Canon? She accessed the knowledge of Nostradamus directly, bypassing messy interpretation, by using spirit mediums in a hypnotic state: universally recognized as the state most suited to discovering incontrovertible facts about the future.

Euthymius wrote:

He believes the Illuminati (shadow government) is receiving their orders from the reptilians. What he calls reptilians I call demons.

Obviously, we have corroborating evidence that the government is a shell harboring evil entities engaged in a massive worldwide conspiracy; don't you think this could be a matter of semantics?

Euthymius wrote:

I don't agree with him on most things. I think he goes too far. And he's totally satanic.

He said there'd be scoffers who disagree, and you do. He's right again, as usual.

Euthymius wrote:

But I do agree with him that there is a shadow government and secret societies. Ultimately God is in control of everything. The devil can't do anything that God doesn't allow. I didn't read your full response because I just came back to correct my typo. But I caught the part on David Ike.

Heh.


JeremiahSmith
Posts: 361
Joined: 2006-11-25
User is offlineOffline
Euthymius, you are so

Euthymius, you are so silly! It's like you almost make sense and then I read more carefully and you're still a silly little man talking nonsense. 

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.


Occams Raison
Occams Raison's picture
Posts: 16
Joined: 2007-11-01
User is offlineOffline
Does it bother Mythicists to

Does it bother Mythicists to see the idea Jesus never existed associated with this Zeitgeist garbage? It certainly doesn't help Mythicism's credibility to have it associated with this tin-foil hat wearing, moonbat nonsense. And the presentation of Mythicism in Part One of this hilariously bad movie makes The God Who Wasn't There look like a Ken Burns documentary.

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick


Euthymius
Theist
Posts: 20
Joined: 2007-11-22
User is offlineOffline
  Atheists need to be more

 

Atheists need to be more critical and discerning toward things like Zeigeist. They buy into this type of nonsense without any sense of discernment or appreciation for truth and facts. The claims in Zeitgeist are totally bogus. Christian scholars refuted those arguments at the beginning of the 19th century. Either the creator(s) of Zeitgeist were ignorant of this fact, or they just intentionally aimed at misleading nieve and gullible people.

 

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE

 

The misused phrase, "separation of church & state," is neither in the American Constitution nor in any other codification of American laws. The phrase was only used by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Danbury Baptists of Rhode Island, assuring them that the Constitution will not allow the Federal Government to censure public expression of their Christian beliefs.


AGAINST ATHEISM/IGNORANCE

ORTHODOX CHRISTIANITY
 
www.archangelsbooks.com
 
http://www.sjkp.org/
 
www.sainthermanpress.com
 
http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/ibmgs/
 
CHURCH FATHERS
 
Ante-Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers (38 volumes)
 
CHURCH HISTORY
 
The Christian Tradition (five volumes), by Jaroslav Pelikan (he received 42 honorary doctorates, with is earned academic one)
 
Orthodox Apologetic Theology, by Andreyev
 
EXISTANCE OF GOD
 
http://www.christiancadre.org/topics/cosarg.html
 
http://www.leaderu.com/offices/billcraig/menus/articles.html
 
http://www.ciltpp.com/tap_deba.htm
 
BOOKS
 
http://www.apologeticsinfo.org/bibliographies/existanceofgod.html
 
HISTORICAL JESUS
 
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5C3ED050A38A301B
 
http://www.christiancadre.org/topics/historicaljesus.html
 
http://www.bede.org.uk/jesusindex.htm
 
http://www.tektonics.org/
 
www.garyhabermas.com
 
 BOOKS
 
The Historical Reliability of the Gospels, by Blomberg
 
The Historical Jesus, by Habermas
 
MORE BOOKS
 
http://www.apologeticsinfo.org/bibliographies/jesusisnomyth.html
 
CHRIST IS RISEN
 
http://www.risenjesus.com/index.php
 
http://www.christiancadre.org/topics/resurrection.html
 
www.garyhabermas.com
 
 BOOKS
 
The Case For the Resurrection of Jesus, by Habermas and Licona
 
Assessing the New Testament Evidence for the Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus, by Craig
 
The Historical Jesus, by Habermas
 
CHRIST IS GOD
 
http://www.deityofchrist.com/
 
BOOKS
 
Jesus as God: The New Testament Use of Theos in Reference to Jesus, by Harris
 
On the Incarnation, by Athanasius
 
PAGAN PARALLEL THEORY REFUTED
 
http://www.christiancadre.org/topics/historicaljesus.html
 
http://www.jesuspolice.com/detail_review_section.php?id=59
 
http://www.frontline-apologetics.com/mystery_religions_early_christianity.htm
 
BOOKS
 
Myth Became Fact (essay), by Lewis
 
The Gospel and the Greeks, by Nash
 
Jesus and Christian Origins Outside the New Testament, by Bruce
 
The Case for the Real Jesus, edited by Strobel
 
JESUS IS MESSIAH
 
BOOKS
 
The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah, by Edersheim
 
Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus (4 volumes), by Brown
 
RESURRECTION DEBATE
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c47Zd2AyeCg
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrS5lRLi0uI
 
APOLOGETICS
 
The Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics, by Geisler.
 
 
EVOLUTION DEBUNKED
 
www.reasons.org
 
www.intelligentdesign.org
 
www.creationevidence.org
 
www.drdino.com
 
www.icr.org

 

There are no atheists in fox holes


JeremiahSmith
Posts: 361
Joined: 2006-11-25
User is offlineOffline
Euthymius

Euthymius wrote:

 

Atheists need to be more critical and discerning toward things like Zeigeist. They buy into this type of nonsense without any sense of discernment or appreciation for truth and facts. The claims in Zeitgeist are totally bogus. Christian scholars refuted those arguments at the beginning of the 19th century. Either the creator(s) of Zeitgeist were ignorant of this fact, or they just intentionally aimed at misleading nieve and gullible people.

 

SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE

 

The misused phrase, "separation of church & state," is neither in the American Constitution nor in any other codification of American laws. The phrase was only used by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Danbury Baptists of Rhode Island, assuring them that the Constitution will not allow the Federal Government to censure public expression of their Christian beliefs.


AGAINST ATHEISM/IGNORANCE

ORTHODOX CHRISTIANITY

www.archangelsbooks.com

http://www.sjkp.org/

www.sainthermanpress.com

http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/ibmgs/

CHURCH FATHERS

Ante-Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers (38 volumes)

CHURCH HISTORY

The Christian Tradition (five volumes), by Jaroslav Pelikan (he received 42 honorary doctorates, with is earned academic one)

Orthodox Apologetic Theology, by Andreyev

EXISTANCE OF GOD

http://www.christiancadre.org/topics/cosarg.html

http://www.leaderu.com/offices/billcraig/menus/articles.html

http://www.ciltpp.com/tap_deba.htm

BOOKS

http://www.apologeticsinfo.org/bibliographies/existanceofgod.html

HISTORICAL JESUS

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5C3ED050A38A301B

http://www.christiancadre.org/topics/historicaljesus.html

http://www.bede.org.uk/jesusindex.htm

http://www.tektonics.org/

www.garyhabermas.com

BOOKS

The Historical Reliability of the Gospels, by Blomberg

The Historical Jesus, by Habermas

MORE BOOKS

http://www.apologeticsinfo.org/bibliographies/jesusisnomyth.html

CHRIST IS RISEN

http://www.risenjesus.com/index.php

http://www.christiancadre.org/topics/resurrection.html

www.garyhabermas.com

BOOKS

The Case For the Resurrection of Jesus, by Habermas and Licona

Assessing the New Testament Evidence for the Historicity of the Resurrection of Jesus, by Craig

The Historical Jesus, by Habermas

CHRIST IS GOD

http://www.deityofchrist.com/

BOOKS

Jesus as God: The New Testament Use of Theos in Reference to Jesus, by Harris

On the Incarnation, by Athanasius

PAGAN PARALLEL THEORY REFUTED

http://www.christiancadre.org/topics/historicaljesus.html

http://www.jesuspolice.com/detail_review_section.php?id=59

http://www.frontline-apologetics.com/mystery_religions_early_christianity.htm

BOOKS

Myth Became Fact (essay), by Lewis

The Gospel and the Greeks, by Nash

Jesus and Christian Origins Outside the New Testament, by Bruce

The Case for the Real Jesus, edited by Strobel

JESUS IS MESSIAH

BOOKS

The Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah, by Edersheim

Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus (4 volumes), by Brown

RESURRECTION DEBATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c47Zd2AyeCg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrS5lRLi0uI

APOLOGETICS

The Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics, by Geisler.


EVOLUTION DEBUNKED

www.reasons.org

www.intelligentdesign.org

www.creationevidence.org

www.drdino.com

www.icr.org

 

 

Over in the Freethinkers Anonymous forum, I've been considering a new sort of reply to this sort of argument, one that I feel will best sum up my feelings on the matter under discussion while getting the basic elements of my point across.

YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT YOU FUCKING IDIOT

 

 

 

I acknowledge that my response may seem crude, but in my defense, well, you're a fucking idiot.

Götter sind für Arten, die sich selbst verraten -- in den Glauben flüchten um sich hinzurichten. Menschen brauchen Götter um sich zu verletzen, um sich zu vernichten -- das sind wir.


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
    ahhh you see ?,

    ahhh you see ?, people are thinking , cool,

Z-2 ? and rebuttals , .... perfect ....

so get it on, thats what we need, btw, pt 1 floored my xian friends, pt 2,3 show the mistrust people should have of gov,

I'm no 9/11 conspiracy etc fan, makes no sense, but at least the movie is revelant to whats going on, and gets the issues on the brain ....

 Religion idol worship is posion, a complicated mess. Basically I'm for all who peacefully are trying to eradicate it. Half truths or whatever, that movie red faced many of my xain friends. That I liked ....  


Jerud1711
Theist
Posts: 44
Joined: 2008-05-24
User is offlineOffline
BOOKS REFUTING

BOOKS REFUTING PAGAN-PARALLEL THEORY

 

The Gospel and the Greeks, by Nash

 

Resurrection Narratives, by Mettinger

 

Myth Became Fact (essay), by C.S. Lewis

 

The Virgin Birth of Christ, by Gresham

 

Historical and Literary Studies: Pagan, Jewish and Christian, by Bruce

 

Pauline Baptism and the Pagan Mysteries, by Gunter

 

Persia and the Bible, by Yamauchi


AbsoluteTruth
Theist
AbsoluteTruth's picture
Posts: 7
Joined: 2008-09-25
User is offlineOffline
Freethinkaluva wrote:The

Freethinkaluva wrote:
The Zeitgeist Movie Wins at the Artivist Film Festival

For those who are interested the Zeitgeist Movie has won the top award from the Artivist Film Festival http://www.artivists.org

Acharya appeared on a panel to answer questions about part 1 in front of a packed house at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, CA.

The Zeitgeist Movie has gone "viral" with over 6 million views. And it appears that Acharya is going to come out with "A Companion Guide to the Zeitgeist Movie part 1" in the very near future. I'm guessing a couple of weeks or so.

The "Zeitgeist" part 1 video is largely based on Acharya's work

;

 

-Acharya S is a laughable character. Her and the other handful of Christ mythicists can't be taken seriously due to their fabrications and exaggerations of the alleged Christian copycat thesis. I would like to add that anyone who still believes Zeitgeist (part 1) to be informative and based off of evidence is clearly deluded and mis-informed. It sickens me to see that Zeitgeist won a single award.


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
People promoting zeitgeist

People promoting zeitgeist always amuse me.  Every time it's "Oh, I like this section of it and agree completely but the rest is conspiracy theorist bullshit".  When I fist saw it I admit I was suckered in a little, but then when I saw the second and third sections I felt sickened by the conspiracy theorist bullshit.  I then watched the first part again and realised that was EXACTLY the same.  I find it hard to believe anyone other than those who agree with the entire thing don't make the same realisation, and I am yet to find a single person who agrees with the entire thing.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


mig_killer2
Theist
Posts: 70
Joined: 2008-06-16
User is offlineOffline
Freethinkaluva wrote:The

Freethinkaluva wrote:
The Zeitgeist Movie Wins at the Artivist Film Festival

For those who are interested the Zeitgeist Movie has won the top award from the Artivist Film Festival http://www.artivists.org

Acharya appeared on a panel to answer questions about part 1 in front of a packed house at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, CA.

The Zeitgeist Movie has gone "viral" with over 6 million views. And it appears that Acharya is going to come out with "A Companion Guide to the Zeitgeist Movie part 1" in the very near future. I'm guessing a couple of weeks or so.

The "Zeitgeist" part 1 video is largely based on Acharya's work (starts @ 9:45 - 35)(Acharya has nothing to do with parts 2 & 3)
http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com

http://www.truthbeknown.com/index.html

;
I will give it credit for being mildly entertaining, but the film espouses itself to be an "academic" documentary.

"If you can make any religion of the world look ridiculous, chances are you haven't understood it"-Ravi Zacharias


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
Z movie = creating

Z movie = creating discussion , and discussion is good , and so yes , for what it's worth. Thanks for the fuck that movie rants, as that is good ....


Natsu
Posts: 5
Joined: 2008-09-28
User is offlineOffline
AbsoluteTruth

AbsoluteTruth wrote:

Freethinkaluva wrote:


Acharya appeared on a panel to answer questions about part 1 in front of a packed house at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood, CA.


The "Zeitgeist" part 1 video is largely based on Acharya's work

;

-Acharya S is a laughable character. Her and the other handful of Christ mythicists can't be taken seriously due to their fabrications and exaggerations of the alleged Christian copycat thesis. I would like to add that anyone who still believes Zeitgeist (part 1) to be informative and based off of evidence is clearly deluded and mis-informed. It sickens me to see that Zeitgeist won a single award.

 

I am glad someone agrees in that. When I investigated Acharya's sources, I almost fell off my chair... laughing. Helena Blavatsky? Both Churchwards, James and Albert? The one who said Horus appear crucified in Mexico? The author of The Lost Continent of Mu? And she considers all them reliable sources! What I don't find believable is that someone can consider her a reliable source. Serious Jesus mythicists can raise up some very valid points for discussion... but Acharya S  isn't one of them.

 

The only good in Zeitgeist is that maybe, it has made someone pick up a book. What's sad is that some people have chosen to believe all it says without checking out one single fact for themselves.


tofu87
Posts: 4
Joined: 2008-11-13
User is offlineOffline
 i respected it in that

 i respected it in that maybe one of its intentions was to get people to think for themselves.. 


I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
Posts: 4793
Joined: 2007-09-29
User is offlineOffline
I agree on that point and it

I agree on that point and it has ....


Dave22
Posts: 17
Joined: 2007-12-06
User is offlineOffline
In this week’s

In this week’s eSkeptic magazine, Tim Callahan wrote a critique of Zeitgeist part 1 —

The Greatest Story Ever Garbled
by Tim Callahan

Acharya has already responded to Callahan's article -

Skeptic Mangles ZEITGEIST
(and Religious History)

http://stellarhousepublishing.com/skeptic-zeitgeist.html

She mops the floor with him demonstrating that when it comes to the facts surrounding Zeitgeist part 1 he doesn't know what he's talking about after all.

When it comes to things like Zeitgeist part 1 the evidence is on her side and she knows it and she refuses to back down to arrogant, conceited "scholars" who simply don't always know what they're talking about when it comes to these issues.

Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection


GreNME
Posts: 19
Joined: 2007-12-01
User is offlineOffline
Spam, Spam, Wonderful Spam

What is it with these guys spamming every known location out there on the net with the exact same message?

 

Oh, that's right: Dorothy's newsletter told them to.


Weiusd
Posts: 1
Joined: 2010-05-18
User is offlineOffline
Zeitgeist

Today I watched Zeitgeist in my philsophy class. I'm rather new to this and every topic about, surrounding, or having to do with philosophy. I openly claim to not have a large amount of experience or expertise. I read all 35 posts before posting in the hopes that I would not say what has already been said or ask whats been answered.

 

Ok so. Some of you called it garbage, some said it was good. One guy tried and failed miserably to convert us(hahaha). I don't really know what was truth or false in the movie. I'd really like it if we could just break it down into little pieces and see if everyone can try to answer to the best of their ability what was right and wrong(With references please) because I'd really like to know everything I can about it.

 

So step one- Freethinkaluva, you seem to be very level headed so I'm gonna take what you said and give references for those interested.

 

Orions belt lining up with Sirius... This was the best place I could find that wasn't a software that explains it.

http://www.synapses.co.uk/astro/brightna.html

 

Orions belt points to where the sun rises on December 25.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081007203303AA4IleM

 

Things that could stand to have a nice reference next to it...

Parallels between Jesus and Horus, googling it will bring up a lot, most of which I have a feeling is people creating sites with their own opinions.

 

I am so sorry this post doesn't have more but I really can't remember all the other important questions I had because I got caught up trying to figure out the stars lol.

 

Is God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to?
Then he is not omnipotent. Is he is able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent. Is he is both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil? Is he is neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?
Epicurus (c. 341 - c. 270 BC)


Dave22
Posts: 17
Joined: 2007-12-06
User is offlineOffline
This just in...New

This just in...

New sourcebook guide for Zeitgeist part 1

"Here is the new sourcebook guide for Zeitgeist part 1 (ZG1) with new highly respected and credentialed scholarly sources, citations and bibliography. Also new images have been added among other new references. These new sources render all of the anti-ZG1 videos and reviews etc obsolete. The anti-ZGers and other critics will need to start all over."

New Sourcebook for ZG1 edited and expanded upon by Acharya S
http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/zeitgeistsourcebook.pdf

Zeitgeist Part 1 & the Supportive Evidence
http://www.freethoughtnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2997

New ZG1 Sourcebook video clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDw5zjW2J3Q


Bahana
atheist
Bahana's picture
Posts: 79
Joined: 2006-08-04
User is offlineOffline
  Check out what historian

 

 

Check out what historian Richard Carrier has to say about it. (at 0:57) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeUlcumEc5c Skeptic magazine also debunked many of the errors in Zeitgeist.


Dave22
Posts: 17
Joined: 2007-12-06
User is offlineOffline
I like Richard Carrier when

I like Richard Carrier when he argues for atheism but he really should shut his pie hole when it comes to Zeitgeist part 1 because he has been proven wrong repeatedly. So, all he's doing is putting his foot in his mouth everytime he tries to attack it. It's embarrassing to watch him.



Advocating extreme censorship, Carrier says about Zeitgeist that "it and all copies of it should be burned."  Considering how poor his knowledge and education are on this subject, perhaps he should do the same with his PhD certificate?



From the new Zeitgeist part 1 sourcebook:



"...This effort includes much new source material drawn from primary sources as well the works from credentialed authorities in a variety of relevant subjects. Indeed, I have strived to include the best and most thorough, scholarly and modern sources wherever possible, with the result that many authorities cited here possess credentials from respected institutes of higher learning, and their publishers are some of the most scholarly in English (and other languages), such as:

E.J. Brill
Peeters
Kegan Paul
Oxford University/Clarendon Press
Princeton University Press
Cambridge University Press
Cornell University Press
Yale University Press
University of Chicago Press
University of Pennsylvania Press
University of Wisconsin Press
Johns Hopkins Press
Harcourt, Brace & Co.
MacMillan & Co., etc.

This Sourcebook thus provides relevant primary-source material and citations from respectable and credentialed authorities, along with germane images to support the first part of ZG’s contentions. There are over 150 sources cited in this Sourcebook, in nearly 350 footnotes...."

- Acharya S, Preface for The ZEITGEIST Sourcebook Part 1: The Greatest Story Ever Told
http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/zeitgeistsourcebook.pdf



Zeitgeist Part 1 & the Supportive Evidence


http://www.freethoughtnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2997



The Callahan article was already addressed long ago.


 


Skeptic Mangles ZEITGEIST (and Religious History)


http://stellarhousepublishing.com/skeptic-zeitgeist.html



The video clip


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZMis7kQM6c


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Dave22 wrote:I like Richard

Dave22 wrote:

I like Richard Carrier when he argues for atheism but he really should shut his pie hole when it comes to Zeitgeist part 1 because he has been proven wrong repeatedly. So, all he's doing is putting his foot in his mouth everytime he tries to attack it. It's embarrassing to watch him.

 

Advocating extreme censorship, Carrier says about Zeitgeist that "it and all copies of it should be burned."  Considering how poor his knowledge and education are on this subject, perhaps he should do the same with his PhD certificate?

 

From the new Zeitgeist part 1 sourcebook:

 

"...This effort includes much new source material drawn from primary sources as well the works from credentialed authorities in a variety of relevant subjects. Indeed, I have strived to include the best and most thorough, scholarly and modern sources wherever possible, with the result that many authorities cited here possess credentials from respected institutes of higher learning, and their publishers are some of the most scholarly in English (and other languages), such as:

E.J. Brill
Peeters
Kegan Paul
Oxford University/Clarendon Press
Princeton University Press
Cambridge University Press
Cornell University Press
Yale University Press
University of Chicago Press
University of Pennsylvania Press
University of Wisconsin Press
Johns Hopkins Press
Harcourt, Brace & Co.
MacMillan & Co., etc.

This Sourcebook thus provides relevant primary-source material and citations from respectable and credentialed authorities, along with germane images to support the first part of ZG’s contentions. There are over 150 sources cited in this Sourcebook, in nearly 350 footnotes...."

- Acharya S, Preface for The ZEITGEIST Sourcebook Part 1: The Greatest Story Ever Told
http://www.stellarhousepublishing.com/zeitgeistsourcebook.pdf

 

Zeitgeist Part 1 & the Supportive Evidence

 

http://www.freethoughtnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2997

 

The Callahan article was already addressed long ago.

 

 

 

Skeptic Mangles ZEITGEIST (and Religious History)

 

http://stellarhousepublishing.com/skeptic-zeitgeist.html

 

The video clip

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZMis7kQM6c

Citing a list of publishers doesn't imply they don't publish crap in order to reach a market.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Bahana
atheist
Bahana's picture
Posts: 79
Joined: 2006-08-04
User is offlineOffline
 Like many, I have good

 

Like many, I have good reason to be skeptical of Murdock. I remember years ago Robert Price called her out on many bogus things in her early books. I trust Carrier is much more grounded on the subject of ancient history.

 

 

 


Dave22
Posts: 17
Joined: 2007-12-06
User is offlineOffline
LOL, Get up to date - Dr.

LOL, Get up to date - Dr. Price removed his horrendous knee-jerk reaction review of Christ Conspiracy (1999) over 6 years ago.  And, Dr. Price has since written the foreword to her book, Who Was Jesus? Fingerprints of The Christ. And he has written a strong review of her book titled, Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection. So, if you trust Dr. Price then, you will need to change your tune same as he did:

"I find myself in full agreement with Acharya S/D.M. Murdock..."
http://www.robertmprice.mindvendor.com/reviews/murdock_christ_egypt.htm

Carrier will eventually change his tune too when he grows up and stops being so jealous of Acharya S. Carrier is more than welcome to review the new Zeitgeist part 1 sourcebook which cites highly respected and credentialed scholars from institutions of higher learning as already mentioned.

I'm sure jealous people here will do whatever they can to try to dismiss it as always. Like jcgadfly's hand-waving dismissal of top institutes of higher learning. Those who really know academia would recognize those institutions as the best of the best. I thought this forum was for freethinkers? You guys are embarrassing to freethinkers.

BTW, here's another professional historian who criticized Zeitgeist part 1:

Dr. Chris Forbes on Zeitgeist part 1

"Dr. Chris Forbes, from the Ancient History Department of Macquarie University has thoroughly embarrassed himself. The book titled, Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection (CIE), is a nearly 600 page book full of the kind of evidence that Dr Forbes claims doesn't exist...."

Read through this thread to see just how misguided Dr. Forbes really is."
http://www.freethoughtnation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2875&start=0


Bahana
atheist
Bahana's picture
Posts: 79
Joined: 2006-08-04
User is offlineOffline
  That Price quote you

 

 That Price quote you cited does not say he takes back what he said about her first book. It just said he agrees with a specific quote in her other book. I don't agree with everything Price says anyway. I do respect a lot of his work though. You shouldn't just accept any argument someone brings forth if it's not convincing enough.  Richard Carrier is coming out with his own book on mythicism, so we'll see where he stands.

 


Dave22
Posts: 17
Joined: 2007-12-06
User is offlineOffline
It's a little dafty to think

It's a little dafty to think he'd address that old taken down review in a recent review for a completely different book, dontcha think? C'mon! I've seen Price say his old review was a mistake and that's why he took it down. He simply doesn't support that review of Christ Conspiracy anymore - that's why he removed it from his own website. It's old news.

Other than making a great case for atheism I don't find Carrier impressive or even interesting. His books I've read so far have been a snore fest.


AncientSoulArc (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
My reply to Airane

You have a negative support for the movie...and support some of it?Well I say as a mother of two...Do OUR  WORLDS' CHILDREN deserve to suffer the same consequences we have through the lies and coverups? As long as there are sheep to heard they will rob the world...we are on our way to self innialation because of fear.And because people fear the truth more than anything else...they are then simply parallyzed to suffer their own fate.