Is there a large compilation of contradictions that Rook has?

Master Jedi Dan
Master Jedi Dan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is there a large compilation of contradictions that Rook has?

This is kind of a general question, but does anybody know if Rook has a list of all the errors and contradictions he's found in the Bible?  His "small compilation" of errors looks good, but is there like a master list that he has somewhere?  I have to go to "Jesus camp" next week.  Also, does anybody have any very good arguments that will completely undermine the Christian faith?  *looks forward to proving the Bible wrong*

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

djneibarger
Superfan
djneibarger's picture
User is offlineOffline
sam harris' "letter to a

sam harris' "letter to a christian nation". concise, compact and brilliant.

and short enough to read in one night, if you're in a hurry. 

www.derekneibarger.com http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djneibarger "all postures of submission and surrender should be part of our prehistory." -christopher hitchens

simple theist
Theist
User is offlineOffline
You want be able to find

You want be able to find anything that proves Christianity is wrong. You may however be able to find some questions that willl give those in charge headaches.

Master Jedi Dan
User is offlineOffline
Quote: You want be able to

Quote:

You want be able to find anything that proves Christianity is wrong. You may however be able to find some questions that willl give those in charge headaches.

I already have plenty that can prove the Bible wrong from Rook's posts.   I just want to throw these contradictions out and see if anyone can disprove them.  I want the truth; nothing more, nothing less.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.rationalresponder

Bah, I just reread and saw that you've already seen the "small" list.  There's also a really good biblical errancy site you could have a look at...

http://members.aol.com/ckbloomfld/

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
Skeptic's Bible is a good

Skeptic's Bible is a good source of bible wackiness..

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Also, does anybody

Quote:
Also, does anybody have any very good arguments that will completely undermine the Christian faith?

The problem with any of the dozens of arguments that completely undermine the Christian faith is that they all rely on logic, which Christianity swears off.

The simplest thing that undermines the Christian religion is that its god simply cannot exist.

1) Supernatural, i.e. "outside, beyond, above, etc... natural" is a meaningless word.  It offers no description of what it is, only what it is not.

2) The Christian god, being defined as supernatural, cannot exist, since supernatural literally renders "non-existent."

3)  Omniscience is mathematically impossible, since at any point, no matter what the set of knowledge K, there is a question outside of that set, "Is K all the knowledge there is?"  The answer to that question is necessarily outside of the set K.

4) Any of the "omni" qualities of god are actually meaningless terms, since anything that exists exists by virtue of its boundaries/limits.

5) Not only is there no evidence that Jesus ever existed, there are myths so similar to the Jesus story that it couldn't possibly be coincidence, and they predate Jesus by centuries!

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

5) Not only is there no evidence that Jesus ever existed, there are myths so similar to the Jesus story that it couldn't possibly be coincidence, and they predate Jesus by centuries!

Like Horus:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa5.htm

[edit -fixed link]

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
and Mythras.. and, dare I

and Mythras..

and, dare I say it... Moses

Books about atheism

Master Jedi Dan
User is offlineOffline
@ Everyone Thanks for the

@ Everyone

Thanks for the links and stuff, I've found it to be very helpful.

@ SimpleTheist

I want the Bible to be true, but if it's not, as the evidence seems to suggest, I should just own up to the facts instead of wasting my life on something that's false.

ILOVECHRIST
Theist
ILOVECHRIST's picture
User is offlineOffline
In all of these wonderful

In all of these wonderful retorts, no one answered Master Dan's question.  He asked if Rook (who seems to be the Ancient Text Expert representative and founder for the Rational Response squad) has a Master list. The reason I believe the question is being asked is because the list he has listed in the Biblical Errancy forum is getting shorter and shorter.  Several responders have already given information that corrects the alleged Bible Contratidictions. If we get a look at Rook's Master list and dispel them all, then we move to the next arguement.  Please someone contact Rook and ask him to email or PM a list of all Bible Contradictions or UNANSWERABLE questions.  I too would like to see all of these accusations.  Thank You.

I'll Defend God. Don't Test Me. You'll Lose

Master Jedi Dan
User is offlineOffline
ILOVECHRIST wrote: In all

ILOVECHRIST wrote:
In all of these wonderful retorts, no one answered Master Dan's question. He asked if Rook (who seems to be the Ancient Text Expert representative and founder for the Rational Response squad) has a Master list. The reason I believe the question is being asked is because the list he has listed in the Biblical Errancy forum is getting shorter and shorter. Several responders have already given information that corrects the alleged Bible Contratidictions. If we get a look at Rook's Master list and dispel them all, then we move to the next arguement. Please someone contact Rook and ask him to email or PM a list of all Bible Contradictions or UNANSWERABLE questions. I too would like to see all of these accusations. Thank You.

That's kind of the reason why, just to see if he has a master list somewhere.  In his "Small Compilation of Contradictions" in this forum, Rook always says something like

Quote:

Keep in mind the following examples are only a fraction of those that could be mentioned (There literally are hundreds more)" before each section.

before each section.  So I simply wondered if he had a huge, grand list of all the contradictions in the Bible that he (or others) had come upon.  He makes it sound as if his post on this forum is only a small part of a master list he has somewhere else.  Just wondering.