King David II: Electric Boogaloo

rickcopeland648
rickcopeland648's picture
User is offlineOffline
King David II: Electric Boogaloo

So, I have a question with regard to our favorite murderer and adulturer, King Dave. In 2 Samuel Chapter 4 it recounts the story of Saul's grandson, Mephibosheth and his murder and subsequent decapitation. The head is brought to Dave who then has the two murderers put to death. As Dave's capital was in Hebron, this dates it to before his conquest of Jerusalem and his unification of Israel and Judah (am I correct here?).

A bit later in Chapter 9, the same character (Mephibosheth) is recorded as dining with Dave in Jersusalem. This would place it AFTER Dave united the two and after Mephibosheth was already killed. Now, unless Mephibosheth was a zombie and dined on the Brains of those Dave killed, these are clearly two different texts woven together. Much like the texts of the Mosaic books.

My question is:
1) Atheists: Is much known about the regions from which these differing texts arose?
2) Theists: If this is the result of divine inspiration how are these reconciled? I would like this answered using only the text with no additional reading into the work.

"The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than cowardly."
-- Robert Anton Wilson (1932-2007; R.I.S.)

"Don't fuck with the Jesus because the Jesus will fuck you up!"
-- The Jesus