Please interview me.

Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Please interview me.

we can talk about this -
http://www.tiredofbeingalive.com/read/whymari-1.htm

or your mis-interpretation of Bible verses.

PLEASE get back to me.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Please interview me.

Two very different topics it seems. I wouldn't be interested in discussing marijuana with you, however do you want to debate the validity of the bible with us?

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Yellow_Number_Five
atheistRRS Core MemberScientist
Yellow_Number_Five's picture
Posts: 1390
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Please interview me.

Is kind of interesting to see somebody using the Bible to argue for the sticky-icky though Cool


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Please interview me.

Well, at least I finally saw that "Reefer Madness" movie, and for free, too. It's WORSE than they say! :smt120

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Anonymous
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Please interview me.

Sapient wrote:
Two very different topics it seems. I wouldn't be interested in discussing marijuana with you, however do you want to debate the validity of the bible with us?

Two different topics? Of course they aren't! If GOD created all things, plants, animals, and otherwise, then this topic (the Bible and cannabis) is eternally connected.

Not to mention, this topic is especially relevant if this country and the First Amendment is to be considered authentic, fair, lawful etc... however it seems as if it is a fraud. "Congress shall make no law..." What happened to freedom of religion? That's what this country is founded upon, right?

And if the Bible isn't true then all the prophecy written (for example cannabis prohibition, which has come true) is all a coincidence or what?

I'll be happy to debate the validity of the Bible and clear up any misunderstanding/misconceptions you have regarding GOD and the Bible however, picking and choosing which topics you want to debate seems cowardly to say the least. C'mon defend your (non-)faith!


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Please interview me.

We deny the Bible is true, so for most of us on this site, whether or not the Bible condones marijuana use is irrelevant. Since the vast majority of Americans (including virtually ALL politicians) consider themselves Christians, you may do better trying to convince them somewhere other than an atheist site!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Please interview me.

adamomega wrote:
Sapient wrote:
Two very different topics it seems. I wouldn't be interested in discussing marijuana with you, however do you want to debate the validity of the bible with us?

Two different topics? Of course they aren't! If GOD created all things, plants, animals, and otherwise, then this topic (the Bible and cannabis) is eternally connected.

And so to would be the bible and 100,000 people dying in a tsunami interconnected, but you didn't bring that up.

Quote:
Not to mention, this topic is especially relevant if this country and the First Amendment is to be considered authentic, fair, lawful etc... however it seems as if it is a fraud. "Congress shall make no law..." What happened to freedom of religion? That's what this country is founded upon, right?

Interesting. Do you also argue on behalf of non god believing citizens that had their 1st ammendment rights violated when Congress made laws respecting establishments of religion around 1950? (added God to pledge and to our money)

Quote:
And if the Bible isn't true then all the prophecy written (for example cannabis prohibition, which has come true) is all a coincidence or what?

I'm not well versed enough in the area to speak about cannabis and the bible. But then again, like I said, I wouldn't be interested in having that debate with you. Maybe Rook would address it with you, were you to come on the show.

Quote:
I'll be happy to debate the validity of the Bible and clear up any misunderstanding/misconceptions you have regarding GOD and the Bible however, picking and choosing which topics you want to debate seems cowardly to say the least. C'mon defend your (non-)faith!

Huh? It's you who wanted to pick the topic, that was rather meaningless to the overall debate. We debate the existence of god and the irrationality of belief in it. All topics pertaining to Gods existence are on the table, have you not heard our show? Cowardly is so extremely far from what we are, I'm simply dumbfounded by your comment.

We are booked for at least a month or two, but if you want to PM me your phone number, we'll add you to the list and call with a day or two notice to set up a time. Make sure to leave your real first name.

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7523
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Please interview me.

MattShizzle wrote:
We deny the Bible is true, so for most of us on this site, whether or not the Bible condones marijuana use is irrelevant. Since the vast majority of Americans (including virtually ALL politicians) consider themselves Christians, you may do better trying to convince them somewhere other than an atheist site!

Yes and in fact, I'd love to see him win this battle to get marijuana legalized due to the bible. I'd laugh my way all the way to mary jane "heaven."

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Please interview me.

Wasn't cannabis a major component of anointing oil?

Link: http://www.cannabisculture.com/backissues/mayjune96/kanehbosm.html

I'm not sure but with as many biblical characters who got anointed and then prophesied their butts off, it makes sense.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


spentley
Posts: 64
Joined: 2006-06-29
User is offlineOffline
Please interview me.

k...

so we can end religion after... they legalize it.

whatever works. this guy is onto something..

his christianity is just a cover to get this done.. hehe. nobody seems to take anyone else's word for it. If its not a cover-up.. im sure a little session would clear things up.

God is the omnimax creator by definition of major religions. If there is evidence that the religion is incorrect about the nature of reality, then there is evidence that the God the religion defines does not exist.


LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
Posts: 1199
Joined: 2006-02-12
User is offlineOffline
Re: Please interview me.

adamomega wrote:
we can talk about this -
http://www.tiredofbeingalive.com/read/whymari-1.htm

or your mis-interpretation of Bible verses.

PLEASE get back to me.

That bitch again???? aargghhh Fox news is the only channel that actually gives her the time of day.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.