Firefly Tears Into Bible

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
Firefly Tears Into Bible

I'm a huge fan of the Firefly series and Serenity movie, and one of my favorite parts in the entire movie is when River Tams is looking through Shepherd Book's Bible (The man is like a priest) and here is the dialog ... I found it hiliarious. She's going through and writting in the Bible, tearing out pages and scribbling notes.

River Tam: Bible's broken. Contradictions, faulty logistics--it doesn't make sense...

Book: No, no, you can't...

River: So we'll integrate non-progressional evolution theory with God's creation of Eden -- eleven inherent metaphoric parallels already there... eleven, important number, prime number, one goes into the house of eleven eleven times but always comes out one--

Book: River, just take it easy. You shouldn't--

River: Noah's Ark is a problem--

Book: Really.

River: (rapid nod) We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon-- Only way to fit five-thousand species of mammal on the same boat-

Book: Gimme that!

River: (holds up torn out pages) It's broken. It doesn't make sense.

-----

There's more but really the rest if Book trying to explain to River what faith is...River just looks at him funny. It's quite an amusing dialog.

applesforadam
User is offlineOffline
Firefly Tears Into Bible

Yea, that series and movie are great. I'm a fan of Josh Wheadon (sp?) because the buffy the vampire slayer series is a guilty pleasure of mine.

"It's not so much staying alive. It's staying human that's important." - 1984
www.myspace.com/applesforadam
applesforadam.blogspot.com

qwak
User is offlineOffline
Firefly Tears Into Bible

yeah, that was a great scene.. one of the few I distinctly remember from the show.

Nick
User is offlineOffline
Firefly Tears Into Bible

Dude, I loved Serenity (one of the best movies of all time, IMHO) and Firefly should have never been taken off air. I almost bought the entire TV series on DVD, but didn't have the money... lol. Glad I'm not the only fan out there. Sticking out tongue

Yeah that's a nice quote.

Wilson: "We were afraid that if you found out you solved a case with absolutely no medical evidence you'd think you were God." House: "God doesn't limp."

jester700
User is offlineOffline
Firefly Tears Into Bible

Nick_Poling wrote:
Dude, I loved Serenity (one of the best movies of all time, IMHO) and Firefly should have never been taken off air. I almost bought the entire TV series on DVD, but didn't have the money... lol. Glad I'm not the only fan out there. Sticking out tongue

Yeah that's a nice quote.

Got the movie. Got the series. Big fan. There are a few episodes in the DVD set that never aired on TV.

That WAS a great scene.

GrimJesta
GrimJesta's picture
User is offlineOffline
Firefly Tears Into Bible

Joss and a few of the cast members were seen leaving [forget name of station]'s complex a few months ago, and Joss was really cryptic about why they were there. One can only hope that it's for another shot at the series, this time shown in order (F--k you Fox. F--k you for ruining a great series...).

-=Grim=-

No Nyarlathotep, Know Peace.
Know Nyarlathotep, No Peace.

staks
atheist
staks's picture
User is offlineOffline
Firefly Tears Into Bible

Yeah, I love the series and the movie. Sci-fi can get away with that kind of stuff while other mediums can't. Do you know how many Christians boycotted the movie or protested it? Zero.
-Staks