Rook, I need help.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
It's lilangelofterror's

It's lilangelofterror's comments about the verses that I'm not sure how to respond to.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Well, apparently all that

Well, apparently all that guy's doing is accusing me of being lazy and not doing my homework. Been using argumentum ad populum and argumentum ad ignoratium also.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Lilangelofterror can kiss

Lilangelofterror can kiss my ass. I'm always being asked "Do you know about exegesis?"

And? Does lilangel know about bullshit?

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, he just chants that

Yeah, he just chants that I'm not doing my homework. He definitely needs to talk to my teachers. Laughing out loud

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Even if we did his

Even if we did his homework, I'm pretty sure that we would get an "A" for atheist.

I asked that moron some questions about the bible in the "Glossolia and The Unforgivable Sin"' thread, he just responds with "you do your own research". ROTF

It reminded me of the stuff I used to say when I was a christian debating with atheists.

Also, he STILL hasn't responded to me in the "What about Jesus?" thread, and he's saying that I'M the one that's avoiding questions.

Let's just ignore him...I don't know.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Why is my comment

Why is my comment highlighted in black? Oh well...

Noor
User is offlineOffline
How about we invite him over

Yeah, and he would get an F for Fundie. 

How about we invite him over here at RRS? There's more people on here than at FTT. Besides, I don't think I'm going to debate someone who simply refuses to listen to reason and acts all cocky.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
I just found out that

I just found out that lilangelofterror is a she.

Go read some of the stuff she's posted already at the FTT forum.

When I was a christian, I didn't act like that...

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Wow, she keeps accusing us

Wow, she keeps accusing us of not doing research instead of simply explaining it out to us (which she can't) Then she projects her flaws on me and claims I'm doing that with her. Hypocrite.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, I know. What's with

Yeah, I know. What's with her and hyperboles?

Did Jesus even know what a hyperbole was when he said those things? Laughing out loud

I would like for her to explain this:

"Job 21:24- His breasts are full of milk".

She insults and that's about it. Then she comes to this forum to see who is talking talking about her and she keeps posting on FTT. In fact, she might be reading this now.

WHY DON'T YOU COME TO THIS FORUM?! Cursing Man

Oh well...

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
The are more people here,

The are more people here, come on.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Probably too scared of the

Too scared of the experts on here, Terror?

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Lol, looks like it.

Lol, looks like it. Laughing out loud

P-Dunn
P-Dunn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Too scared of the

Quote:
Too scared of the experts on here, Terror?

Wait a minute. There are experts on the Rational Responders?

That's hilarious.

doc101
Theist
User is offlineOffline
American Atheist

American Atheist wrote:

Lilangelofterror can kiss my ass. I'm always being asked "Do you know about exegesis?"

And? Does lilangel know about bullshit?

Using Ad Hominem? Seems to not be very rational for a member of the squad.. O well, just an observation

Regarding Job 21:24

Milk is regarded as a nourishment, in all honesty its not even a litteral meaning, hyperbole... as you stated; Its a comparison from Job...

22"Can anyone (U)teach God knowledge,
         In that He (V)judges those on high?
    23"One (W)dies in his full strength,
         Being wholly at ease and satisfied;
    24His sides are filled out with fat,
         And the (X)marrow of his bones is moist,
    25While another dies with a bitter soul,
         Never even tasting anything good.
    26"Together they (Y)lie down in the dust,
         And (Z)worms cover them. 

Job is referring to the fact that both the rich and the poor end up the same excat way; in the ground where the worms are;That whole milk thing is a sign of the rich, as the marrow of his bones are moist, while the poor man is regarded having no nourishment (understood) compared to the rich man

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Doc101, someone told me

Doc101, someone told me that breasts translates to bucket not "his sides are filled with fat", and that it's talking about his health.

And...were you defending lilangelofterror? kissy

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Oh, and Doc, did you ever

Oh, and Doc, did you ever respond this?

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/rook_hawkins/biblical_errancy/3904

I'm not going to insult you, I'm just curious.

doc101
Theist
User is offlineOffline
yeah, i've been commentating

yeah, i've been commentating on each and every verse that rook never backed up with the entire passage, so what he did he took verses out of context by standing them up on there own; you'll see my reply maybe this week or next week dunno, as time gives (seeing that a 16 page paper that rook wrote, as i copied into MS word, its not become a 28 page paper, and i'm not even half way done)

and american, you still don't realize that Job was making a comparison from the rich to the poor, after the whole "breasts are filled with milk" it states that his bone marrow was moist, then Job compares that to a poor man; and using simple deducation one would have to say that it was a rich man, or someone who was much better off than the poor man

and one more thing... so what if i was defending terror? does it matter? i'm just showing you that the Bible isn't errant (i think thats the word, i meant to say that it doesn't have errors) seeing that you made a childish remark shows that you have nothing to back yourself up 

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
doc101 wrote:  and

doc101 wrote:

and american, you still don't realize that Job was making a comparison from the rich to the poor, after the whole "breasts are filled with milk" it states that his bone marrow was moist, then Job compares that to a poor man; and using simple deducation one would have to say that it was a rich man, or someone who was much better off than the poor man

Come on, you have to admit that it sounds stupid. That's the whole reason they translate it, because of its absurdity. As for the man whose breasts were filled with milk, he might as well have told the other guy this: "

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and their life is better than yours, damn right is better than yours, I can teach you, but i have to charge.

Quote:
and one more thing... so what if i was defending terror? does it matter?

Yes. Were you? 

Quote:
i'm just showing you that the Bible isn't errant (i think thats the word, i meant to say that it doesn't have errors) seeing that you made a childish remark shows that you have nothing to back yourself up 

Hey man, I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me.

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
doc101 wrote: yeah, i've

doc101 wrote:

yeah, i've been commentating on each and every verse that rook never backed up with the entire passage, so what he did he took verses out of context by standing them up on there own; you'll see my reply maybe this week or next week dunno, as time gives (seeing that a 16 page paper that rook wrote, as i copied into MS word, its not become a 28 page paper, and i'm not even half way done)

Good luck with that, I'd love for you to be able to prove this claim.  In fact, I bet you won't.  I expect to see logical fallacy after logical fallacy.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists. Books by Rook Hawkins (Thomas Verenna)

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
doc101 wrote: yeah, i've

doc101 wrote:

yeah, i've been commentating on each and every verse that rook never backed up with the entire passage, so what he did he took verses out of context by standing them up on there own; you'll see my reply maybe this week or next week dunno, as time gives (seeing that a 16 page paper that rook wrote, as i copied into MS word, its not become a 28 page paper, and i'm not even half way done

Where is this 28 page paper that you speak of? It's been a few weeks... 

Clara Listensprechen
Clara Listensprechen's picture
User is offlineOffline
doc101 wrote:

doc101 wrote:

and one more thing... so what if i was defending terror? does it matter? i'm just showing you that the Bible isn't errant (i think thats the word, i meant to say that it doesn't have errors) seeing that you made a childish remark shows that you have nothing to back yourself up

The saying "making a silk purse out of a sow's ear" came immediately to mind when you made the claim that The Bible has no errors.

There's nothing metaphorical/hyperbolical about measurements, mon vieux, and there are erroneous measurements galore in that book. Just turn to that page in 1 Kings 7 which lay out the measurements of that lake of fire, and read it--and know ye that you have been PWNED.

Non-literal believers are oft-times worse than literal fundamentalists due to the fact they feel they have a license to make up Christianity as they go along.  They get particularly unnerved when Paul is accused of being a Satanist, for employing Satan on TWO occasions to teach the errant lessons in sanctity. 

I shall continue to be an impossible person as long as those who are now possible remain possible. {Michael Bakunin 1814-1876}