Noah was black?

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Noah was black?

I just got into a heated debate in another forum where this religious guy thinks that I am racist because I told him the story of Ham.

Slavery and the Bible
Old Testament

The "just and righteous" Noah (Gen.6:9, 7:1) plants a vineyard, gets drunk, and lies around naked in his tent. His son, Ham, happens to see his father in this condition. When Noah sobers up and hears "what his young son had done unto him" (what did he do besides look at him?), he curses not Ham, who "saw the nakedness of his father," but Ham's son, Canaan. "A servant of servants shall he [Canaan] be unto his brethren." This is a typical case of biblical justice, and is one of many Bible passages that have been used to justify slavery.

And Noah began to be an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without. ... And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him. And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren. Gen.9:20-25

He missed my point. I was showing how immoral the bible is but he thinks I am using it to justify slavery.
He writes:

"You are interjecting your own racism and LIES, into this book you call "bible"

I asked you to show me in the bible where it says that Ham was cursed to be black and you bring in Gen. 9:20-25, WHICH CLEARLY SAYS NO SUCH THING...

It says absolutlely NOTHING about color and you are telling me to put on your own racist googles and assume some bs, someone told you to ASSUME...

The passage you quoted from YOUR BIBLE CLEARLY SAYS: "CURSED BE CAANAN".....not "CUSED BE HAM".

(which I apologized for since I did say it was Ham that was "cursed" because I was typing too fast and didn't catch that).
He continues:

"Now all you need to do is go back and research and find out that Ham was black (Hamites) (Cushites) (Shemites)(Japethites) can all be esily researched to find out these all all N!#%&*! PEOPLES..

Now who is Caanan? Who are the Caananites? For one they are the ancestors of the Hittites who are CAUCASOID MOUNTAIN DWELLERS, who migrated to what is now the Caucaus mountain area or the Black Sea...They are your Khazars who now pretend to be the seed of Abraham but are not...Yet they control the Middle EAST (Israel) and all of Africa and the mixed seed Arabs are their servants because of the military might bestowed upon them by the United States...

Back to the story..Now if Ham was black, Shem was black, Cush was black, then AS YOU CAN CLEARLY see now what you pretended you couldnt see before, THE CURSE WAS NOT ON HAM...THE CURSE WAS ON CAANAN...which stands to sound reasoning that of everyone else was black, CAANAN WAS CURSED TO BE AN ALBINO...More than likely what a typical n!#%&*! albino looks like today...

Now common sense tells yo from the name that Ham was black, Cush was black as those very terms re used to describe certain tribes of Africans who exist this very day... "

A little help please. I asked why he used the bible to justify things when the bible condones slavery and made Ham's son black. This is what I thought the story meant. Maybe I misinterpreted what it is saying. PUhlease correct me if I am in error.

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
(which I apologized for

(which I apologized for since I did say it was Ham that was "cursed" because I was typing too fast and didn't catch that).

geez I did it again, I meant Canaan.

User is offlineOffline
Then he wrote this: That's

Then he wrote this: That's why I called the subject "Noah was black?"

"And dont make me come back here and straighten you out again...Im tired of having to come here and clean up the lies and myths perpertrated by Europeans to justify their crimes against my people and people of color...Using that crap called bible as a tool of subjugating other people as some slaves...

Screw that book.....You dont even know your bible or the languages it was originally written in...If you did, and you had just an elementary command of science you would know that genetically caucasians are recessive and cannot produce genetically dominant n.e.g.r.o.i.d peoples....Yet a black person can have it in their genetic structure to produce white people...

NOAH HAD TO BE BLACK....And Noah was the seed of Adam...

So again, I restate my question to you (which you avoided)

"WHERE DID WHITE PEOPLE COME FROM"

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry, I'm not exactly sure

Sorry, I'm not exactly sure where it says that part of the 'curse' was that Ham was made black?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead

MarthaSplatterhead wrote:

Evolution. The same place black people came from, except light skinned people evolved from dark skin people.

User is offlineOffline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:

Evolution. The same place black people came from, except light skinned people evolved from dark skin people.

The other poster was asking me this question about where white people come from. Now he is telling me that Horus, Osiris and Isis where real beings with found tombs and that they have a third eye.

Here's is his explanation:
"Supernatural is easily misinterpreted in todays cartoon world...

Supernatural does not mean like what today is cartooned up to be a Superman, or a Batman or a Spiderman or wonder woman....

Supernatural simply means being able to transcend the 5 known senses and reawaken our dormant spiritual centers which would allow us access to psychic powers, which are not termed supernatural because most humans can no longer see into the future, and can no longer read minds, etc...

The ancient Egyptians, certain tribes of Native Americans used the symbol of the eye on their hairdresses at the area of the pineal gland..The Pineal gland is where the so called third eye is located..Once activated, the human being transcends mortality and becomes immortal...Its quite simple and many people are waking up to the possibility of opening these dormant centers through proper meditation, concentraion, etc...

Black people are Naturally more adept at opening these centers because of the melanin factor...THE PROblem with black people that their melanin is so corrupted with bad foods, bad water and misuse of the pleasure principle that the chi is never allowed to make contact with the pineal gland via the spine...

Amen-RA"

GodStoleMyFriends
GodStoleMyFriends's picture
User is offlineOffline
Have these people been

Have these people been committed?

David McKinley (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
YOUR QUESTION: "WHERE DID WHITE PEOPLE COME FROM"

WHITE PEOPLE (AS YOU REFER) CAME FROM THE JAPHETTHIC RACE. PLEASE STUDY YOUR BIBLE (AND PRAY FOR UNDERSTANDING). I DO NOT HIDE. IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO CONTACT ME..., BY ALL MEANS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL ME. (205) XXX-XXXX. DAVID

*Phone number edited by mod 

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
XXX-XXXX

David, please ask your physician to alter you dosage.

Ease off on the CAPS too.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
The only thing that I

The only thing that I get out of that story is that Noah was probably concerned about his son having done to him something similar to what his good buddy Lot's daughters did to him a few weeks earlier. Speaking of which, why did god save Lot and his family when he nuked Sodom, only to kill them the following month in the flood?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Big E
Big E's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wouldn't Noah be Arab?

Wouldn't Noah be Arab?

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Big E wrote:Wouldn't Noah be

Big E wrote:

Wouldn't Noah be Arab?

No, because the Jew / Arab split didn't happen until Abraham's two son's Isaac and Ishmail.

But Noah was definitely not one of the pink skinned, lily white European people.  More "brown" than "white".  Nice healthy desert nomad sort of guy.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
From a genetic perspective Furry

aren't Semetic people - Lebanese, Syrians, Jordanians, Palestinians, Israelis - all the same race?

We have big differences in the population in Australia where Victorians who live 1000km from Sydney all wear tailor made black leather coats and can't swim. They take espresso to kindy in their lunch boxes.

Queenslanders live between 1200 and 4000 km from Sydney but they are distinctly different. For a start they can only drive large white trucks and they have a thing there called Bundy Rage. It's scary.

In New South Wales everyone is from everywhere else - globally speaking. You're not allowed to be from NSW, or even to be born in Australia, if you want to live there. Swimming in NSW is compulsory.

Meanwhile in Western Australia which is 5000-plus km from Sydney everyone is from England. And in the Northern Territory 4500 km from Sydney everyone is swedish and about 20.

Tasmanians live 1500km from Sydney and are descended from convicts and should not be discussed in public.

The stupid point of this post is this - given the geographical closeness and the language similarities in that area of the middle east, how different are people who live a few miles apart and are descended from

one or another of the sons of one guy?

That's bros in my book.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's like saying that

It's like saying that everyone in England is really Australian because a lot of English people were sent to Australia in convict ships.

"Arab" came into existence AFTER the split.  According to the story, after Sarah died, Abraham relocated further into the Arabian peninsula and had a few other wives and kids.  To some extent, the Qur'an picks up the story there.

And you're absolutely right about the inter-relatedness.  I've had Arab friends that looked so "Jewish" when I first met them that I was convinced I'd just met another Member of the Tribe.  Likewise, the people Jews (as a people) are genetically most closely related to are Arabs, and vice versa.  I was reading a bit on the genetic makeup of Gazans (not Palestinians in general, people from Gaza in particular) and I recall that it said that of all the Arab groups, the Arab group most closely related genetically to Jews are Gazans.  Fuzzy memory, and I reserve the right to have mis-remembered.

But whatever the answer -- Noach was NOT a white guy.  Jesus was NOT a white guy.  Father Abraham?  NOT a white guy.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
FurryCatHerder wrote:But

FurryCatHerder wrote:

But whatever the answer -- Noach was NOT a white guy.  Jesus was NOT a white guy.  Father Abraham?  NOT a white guy.

Of course Noah wasn't a white guy.  That would make him a goy.  

I imagine Noah looking like Woody Allen, though. You know if you read Exodus 4:10  where Moses says "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant.  I am slow of speech and tongue."

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Actually it's like saying most everyone in

FurryCatHerder wrote:

It's like saying that everyone in England is really Australian because a lot of English people were sent to Australia in convict ships.

"Arab" came into existence AFTER the split.  According to the story, after Sarah died, Abraham relocated further into the Arabian peninsula and had a few other wives and kids.  To some extent, the Qur'an picks up the story there.

Australia is british - and up until world war 2 that was true - discounting the aborigines and the chinese.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

FurryCatHerder wrote:

Australia is british - and up until world war 2 that was true - discounting the aborigines and the chinese.

Yeah, I know Australia was British -- my grandfather was really keen on pointing out he was "British" even though he lived in the Americas his entire life.  "Hail Britania!"

But the point is that "Arab" as a concept didn't exist until well after the historical division in that region.  Claiming everyone in that region is an "Arab" is one of those weird religiously fueled beliefs that doesn't stand up to history.  I'd have to ask my Muslim friends for a better understanding of the history of "Arab" identity, but my recollection from the last time we discussed Par-Arabism is that "Arab" as an over-reaching identity dates only to the 1950's or 1960's.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I get you

But don't the semetic races include some people defined as arabs? I thought it covered people from a specific area near the med. I've personally never believed the jews turned up from a long way off, beat the crap out of the locals and stole their land.

It seems more likely to me they're from the area and have been competing with their neighbours for space for thousands of years, just as you'd expect them to have done.

The genetic similarity strongly supports that view. I'm sure the University of Damascus did a genetic profile across that little region and everyone was outrageously connected - the gazans and israelis in particular.

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:But

Atheistextremist wrote:
But don't the semetic races include some people defined as arabs? I thought it covered people from a specific area near the med. I've personally never believed the jews turned up from a long way off, beat the crap out of the locals and stole their land.

Yeah, "All Arabs are Semites", but not "All Semites are Arabs".

Atheistextremist wrote:
It seems more likely to me they're from the area and have been competing with their neighbours for space for thousands of years, just as you'd expect them to have done.

Abraham was from what's Iraq, more or less.  But also remember that the Earth's population was much, much smaller then.  A wealthy cattle herder is going to leave a lot of cattle herder children around.  And those children are going to leave a lot more of their children, and so on.

Atheistextremist wrote:
The genetic similarity strongly supports that view. I'm sure the University of Damascus did a genetic profile across that little region and everyone was outrageously connected - the gazans and israelis in particular.

EVERYONE has done a study of Semites' DNA.  I've not had mine checked out yet, but I look more "Jewish" or "Syrian" (just to name two peoples who don't get along so well! ) than Anglo-Saxon, so I assume they'd find Semitic DNA running around inside me.

Some groups have done it to prove Jews aren't "really" from the Middle East (usually an epic fail), others to verify biblical information, such as the common male ancestor for the Tribe of Levi and Aaron's (Moses' brother, for those of you who never heard of him) male off-spring as the priestly class (both proven).

ave383 @twitter (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Noah was black

I am an israelite and i myself believe noah was either light,white or had some strange features different from the other people. Noah's sons were all black even japheth. The caucasian came from asain hints cauc asian and they invaded europe. Now think about what you are saying.If canaans curse was to be black then that means moses and the messiah were also cursed. Let me draw your attention to the truth. In the bible having white skin is a curse. The bible says canaan shall serve his brothers and that they shall dwell in his land. And no abraham was not arab. The first arabs were blacks anyway. To learn true history and not ignorant european lies go here-  http://realhistoryww.com/

If you don't care about truth then live your life with lies,makes no matter to me.

Leviticus 13:9-11 “when the plague of leprosy is in a man, then he shall be brought unto the priest; verse 10, And the priest shall see him; and, behold, if the rising be white in the skin, and it; have turned the hair white (which is hair without pigment and melanin), and there be quick raw flesh in the rising; verse 11, It is and old leprosy in the skin of his flesh, and the priest shall pronounce him unclean, and shall not shut him up: for he is unclean.

American dictionary of the English language, by Noah Webster, 1828, reprinted in 1967 by Rosalee J. Slater.

Definition

Albino-a white descendant of black parents; a white person belonging to a race of blacks; a person unnaturally white.

Albinos- a name signifying white men given by the Portuguese to the whit Negroes of Africa. The color of this race appears like that of a person affected with leprosy; and the Negroes look upon them as monsters.

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust (different shades of brown) of the ground…, Adam, and all nations are supposed to be of a dark complexion; Cain was the first leprous on earth; how? When he murdered his brother unjustly, Yahawah cursd the pigments (black) off from; meaning, his pigments were taken away from him, which made hip leprous (a red texture of the skin); and we know Esau was born that way.

Genesis 25:25 and the first came out RED (not the North American Indians, by the way) all over like an hairy garment, and they called his name Esau. They became known as the children of Edom;

Genesis 25:30, And Esau said to Jacob, feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom. Edom is the only race that is cursed by the Most High with leprosy.

Isaiah 34:5 For my sword (the Most High’s destruction) shall be bathed in (their) heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea (the children of Edom), and upon the people (Esau) of my curse (leprosy), to judgment (severe punishment by the Most High and Christ).

2 KINGS 5:27 “The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.” The most high cursed Gehazi double and his seed (all descendants of Edom or Esau) until this day.

Leviticus 13:19-20 “And in the place of the boil there be a white rising, or a bright spot, white, and somewhat reddish, and it be shown to the priest; and if, when the priest seeth it, behold it be in the sight lower than the skin and the hair thereof be turned whit; then priest shall pronounce him unclean: it is a plague of Leprosy broken out of the boil.” Read versed 24, 25 & 30.

EXAMPLES OF BLACK ISRAELITES TURNING LEPROUS:

Example 1: Yahawah cursed Miriam, Moses’ sister, a dark skinned woman, with leprosy. Numbers 12:9-12, “And the anger of the Lord was kindled against them (Miriam and Aaron); and he departed. Verse 10, And the cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and behold Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous. Verse 11, And Aaron said unto Moses, Alas, my lord, I beseech thee, lay not the sin upon us, wherein we have done foolishly, and where in we have sinned. Verse 12, Let her not be as one dead (when someone is dead their skin becomes pale).

Example 2: the most high turned the hand of Moses leprous; when Yhwh appeared to Moses on mount Sinai, he proved to him that he was the power by showing Moses certain signs.

Exodus 4:6 “And the Lord said further more unto him, put now thine hand into thy bosom. And he put his hand into his bosom and when he took it out, behold his was leprous as snow and he said put thin hand into thy bosom again; and pluck it out of his bosom and it was turned again his other flesh (dark skin).

If you want to contact me hit me on ave383/twitter or ave383 youtube.

The curse of canaan had nothing to do with his skin/Above i have shown the bible saying white skin is a curse. You have not shown it saying black kskin is a curse so stop making racist assumtions that was created by racist.I just stated the facts.

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I thought this thread was

I thought this thread was about evolution Laughing out loud Here's what I was going to say:
If noah had all the biodiversity to get, with micro-evolution only, all the differences of Chinese to Indigenous American to Black and White people, and he was one out of thousands of people alive at that time, how big must Adam and Eve's biodiversity have been? More than two people can handle, I think. (I don't know much about biodiversity, but it depends on the differences between all members of a group, right? So two people can't have much of a biodiversity...)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:

Then that means all white people don't have birth certificates.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:

Except you're both wrong. The current 'best guess' is that the primordial human was an amalgam of the three major ethnic groups - indo-european, negroid, and oriental. Not too surprisingly, there is beige-colored tribe in Africa that has physical characteristics of every ethnic group known. In fact they look almost native american, but with occasional big lips, frizzy hair, and wide eyes.

edit; well, excepting the pygmies of Cameroon, of course.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
who the hell resurrected

who the hell resurrected this thread?  i had blissfully forgotten that FurryCatHerder, a.k.a. miss "only-jews-can-properly-understand-judaism-therefore-i'm-automatically-right-in-all-arguments-even-if-i-contradict-myself-seven-times-over," existed.  my gorge rose a bit when i saw "G-d" on the screen.

i don't know why everybody makes such a fuss over jean chauvin or fonzie.  she was easily the most deluded person on here ever, because she couldn't use insanity as an excuse.

she has definitely been my least favorite person in all my time at rrs. 

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

whirlwind
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Mankind, all races, were

Mankind, all races, were created on the sixth day.  Adam was formed on the eighth day...or after the seventh day of rest.  Understand that a day to the Lord is as a thousand years.  [2 Peter 3:8]

Ham, as his father Noah and as his brothers were the same race.  The same line that led to Christ.  They were not black.  And, to know there are various races doesn't make one a racist. 

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
whirlwind wrote:And, to know

whirlwind wrote:
And, to know there are various races doesn't make one a racist. 

I am very racist.  I despise the entire human species and if it were within my power to eliminate them I would.  Be happy that I'm not God.

JungleJargon
User is offlineOffline
Noah was albino

According to Enoch, Noah was albino.

Noah's father Lamech thought Noah was not his son because he was so white.