User is offlineOffline
RRS Virginia - join up

RRS Virginia - we've gone live!

Join up at www.myspace.com/rrsva

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
I should join.  This is

I should join.  This is probably the closest RRS is going to get to my state [WV]

Unless I start one...

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Send me a Friend

Send me a Friend Request!

http://www.myspace.com/theoldbroad

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
You're not talking to me,

You're not talking to me, are you?

LunarShadow
User is offlineOffline
Already on it

Already on it Laughing

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
mindspread wrote: You're

mindspread wrote:
You're not talking to me, are you?

I was asking the new RRS to send me a Friend Request. 

Mindspread, if you're on MySpace, yes, please send me a Friend Request!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's OK.  I just wasn't

That's OK.  I just wasn't sure who you were talking to. Smile

My feelings aren't hurt. Smile

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
My profile is listed on the

My profile is listed on the big MySpace thread asking atheists to send Friend Requests.

I don't send them because I'll forget to post a comment in return.  

(It's hell being old and forgetful.) 

So, really, please send me a request and be a MySpace friend! 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

nullusdeus
SuperfanBronze Member
nullusdeus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tomcat, where are you? I'm

Tomcat, where are you? I'm in the Lynchburg area. Because of my proximity to Liberty U. I've been talking to Kelly about opening an RRS affilitate here.

Miracles don't exist. "Miracle" is a word given to a preposterous event that a theist considers dogmatically advantageous. Def. - Ecclesiastical sensationalism.

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
I'm in Charlottesville.  As

I'm in Charlottesville.  As far as an affiliate goes, definately you should take that up.  You'd be surprised how many atheists are around there

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

nullusdeus
SuperfanBronze Member
nullusdeus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tomcat wrote: I'm in

Tomcat wrote:
I'm in Charlottesville.  As far as an affiliate goes, definately you should take that up.  You'd be surprised how many atheists are around there

You're right. I wasn't aware of the number of atheists here until I saw the Dawkins video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe7yf9GJUfU

I hope we can cross paths sometime in the near future.

Paul

Miracles don't exist. "Miracle" is a word given to a preposterous event that a theist considers dogmatically advantageous. Def. - Ecclesiastical sensationalism.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow.  I can't believe there

Wow.  I can't believe there is an RRS affiliate in VA and it took me this long to find the thread.  This is awesome!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tomcat wrote: I'm in

Tomcat wrote:
I'm in Charlottesville. As far as an affiliate goes, definately you should take that up. You'd be surprised how many atheists are around there

No kidding. Lynchburg needs more open atheists, there certianly an underground swell in Lynchburg of non-Falwell followers of various denominations that are tired of that family bullying the city. You'll find lots of support at Sweet Briar, Lynchburg College and Randolf Macon. That city seems to be growing some balls finally in putting the Liberty goons in their place.

You'll also find atheists at the downtown Unitarian Church. The Falwell family and that church have no love loss there.  

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

nullusdeus
SuperfanBronze Member
nullusdeus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: No kidding.

Brian37 wrote:

No kidding. Lynchburg needs more open atheists, there certianly an underground swell in Lynchburg of non-Falwell followers of various denominations that are tired of that family bullying the city. You'll find lots of support at Sweet Briar, Lynchburg College and Randolf Macon. That city seems to be growing some balls finally in putting the Liberty goons in their place.

You'll also find atheists at the downtown Unitarian Church. The Falwell family and that church have no love loss there.

Brian,

I'm in the process of forming an RRS afilliate in Lynchburg. I already have about 40+ people interested. I submitted an application to Kelly and hope to hear something soon. I've also discussed this with Maragaret Downey. With Fartwell's presence so dominant in the area I've got to do something. I talked to Tomcat about it and he agrees about the need, even though we're only 70 miles apart.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
nullusdeus wrote: Brian37

nullusdeus wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Brian,

I'm in the process of forming an RRS afilliate in Lynchburg. I already have about 40+ people interested. I submitted an application to Kelly and hope to hear something soon. I've also discussed this with Maragaret Downey. With Fartwell's presence so dominant in the area I've got to do something. I talked to Tomcat about it and he agrees about the need, even though we're only 70 miles apart.

You will be more well recieved in Lynchburg than you might expect, even amoungst the theists who dont support Falwell's empire. The News And Advance newspaper is the only media with any balls in that area to print opinions against that family. I'm sure if you send the editor an opinion anything "Falwell" family related, they just might print it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

nullusdeus
SuperfanBronze Member
nullusdeus's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Send me a

Susan wrote:

Send me a Friend Request!

http://www.myspace.com/theoldbroad

I'm already a friend but I want to do it again! 

shelley
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm starting a secular

I'm starting a secular group here at my college (GMU).  I've have all the organization and paperwork done - just need to submit it to the school to be "officially" recognized.  I wrote to Kelly about a week and a half or two weeks ago just to find out about the affiliate process.  (I hadn't realized until I saw this thread that there were affiliates at College Campuses.)  I'm not sure that I want to be an affiliate, I just wanted more information on what is involved.  Can anyone give me a brief summary? 

Bakrauf
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Nice I'll send you a freind

Nice I'll send you a freind request when i get home. or hit me up at Myspace/bakrauf ( I think thats it). You all are not that far down the road. I was thinking of starting one here IN the Winchester/Strasburg area. What did you ahve to do to become an affiliate?

shelley
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bakrauf wrote: Nice I'll

Bakrauf wrote:
Nice I'll send you a freind request when i get home. or hit me up at Myspace/bakrauf ( I think thats it). You all are not that far down the road. I was thinking of starting one here IN the Winchester/Strasburg area. What did you ahve to do to become an affiliate?

Just wanted to clarify that my group is *not* affiliated with the RRS, I was simply asking what was involved in that process.

I sent you a friend request.  I'm also working with someone that is setting up a group at GW in DC so I would love to chat with you about the process sometime.