Rational Response Squad: Texas

Voided
User is offlineOffline
Rational Response Squad: Texas

As of right now I can't say that I would be able to run a branch here, but I thought I might get the ball rolling on people that would want to be involved.

I am still young, lacking education, but not foolish enough to ignore the PR side of an organization and ideas of leadership. Not only that but I will probably be too busy with schooling, making money, and side projects for at least three years.

However I know Texas is a big place and really the best place to try to set up the org is where the people are. I would much rather have five hardcore people set up something in Austin or Dallas then try to set something up in Houston with a buddy or two. Also I haven't exactly put down roots yet so I would be more then willing to move to another town for this kind of project.

If all that is done right now is sparking people's interest in the idea and maybe talking about it that is a good start.

If you have any ideas, questions, comments, suggestions, or just like this idea post something here or contact me anyway you might feel like. Click my picture for options on that and don't be shy.

Also, by all means, if you are a person in the position with the will to start the org now I will be behind you 210%.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, I'm from Houston, TX.

Hey, I'm from Houston, TX. I always thought it would be a good idea to have a RRS: Texas.

I would like to help out.

Rook_Hawkins
RRS CO-FOUNDER
Rook_Hawkins's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's a start.  =)

That's a start.  =)

Sekigahara
Sekigahara's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am in El Paso, TX

I am in El Paso, TX attending the university of texas at El Paso. I know some people that may be interested in partaking in the idea of an RRS here, but I will have to do some searching and informing.... Let me know....

Christen
Christen's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm in Houston. I don't

I'm in Houston. I don't have the time needed to start something like that, but I am very interested in helping out however I can. I also have a few friends that might be interested. What exactly did you have in mind?

solidsquid
solidsquid's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm in north Dallas right

I'm in north Dallas right now at the University of Texas-Dallas.  However, I'll be moving in July to just south of Austin - I'll be living in San Marcos and attending Texas State University.  Grad work and a job will take up most of my time but I'd be willing to see what I can do to help out.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I made up a couple of

I made up a couple of badges.

Tell me what you think and feel free to make a suggestion.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
I like both of them. I'd

I like both of them. I'd like to see a RRS: Texas myspace page soon. Eye-wink

Voided
User is offlineOffline
If you have another idea for

If you have another idea for a symbole it wouldn't be too hard for me to change it.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
A badge with the Alamo,

A badge with the Alamo, cowboy with his horse, Texans logo, or this.

Actually, forget the Texans logo. :-P 

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I started looking for a good

I started looking for a good shot of the alamo then I remembered it was a missionary. I  have another idea tho.

LunarShadow
User is offlineOffline
they look good to me yeah

they look good to me yeah one with the alamo would also look good imho

Voided
User is offlineOffline
The no god symbole could

The no god symbole could be replaced with another, but there aren't many others I can think of wanting there. 

LunarShadow
User is offlineOffline
that one is really cool too

that one is really cool too Void! keep up the good work

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Indeed. Let's get this

Indeed. Let's get this RRS:Texas started. Smile

scotth
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Just one more piping up.

Another guy chiming in from Texas. I live in the DFW area (west Ft Worth). I just moved over here from the South mid-cities area.

My activism has been significantly curtainled lately due to the move.  I plan to turn that around in the near future. 

welcome to the ...
welcome to the universe's picture
User is offlineOffline
My name is Reno and I'm

My name is Reno and I'm based in Screwston, TX.  I have connections throughtout the City as well as neighboring cities, and would be more than happy to share the influence.  Maybe at one point or another, we can get the ball rolling.

If we're not supposed to eat the flesh of children, then why is it so delicious?

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
welcome to the universe

welcome to the universe wrote:
My name is Reno and I'm based in Screwston, TX. I have connections throughtout the City as well as neighboring cities, and would be more than happy to share the influence. Maybe at one point or another, we can get the ball rolling.

Welcome Reno!  Glad to have you here.

When you get a chance, hop over to General Conversation, Introductions, and Humor and introduce yourself! 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

American Atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Welcome Reno.

I really hope we can get this chapter started soon. Smile 

Voided
User is offlineOffline
I decided to make the

I decided to make the myspace tonight. No one else seemed to want to and I'll have a bit of extra time on my hands over the next few weeks so here I go...

http://www.myspace.com/rrstx

Its nothing pretty right now, but has the three badges I made.

DrZach
Silver Member
DrZach's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm in Dallas- mostly

I'm in Dallas- mostly involved with the North Texas Church of Freethought, but I'm a resource if you need me.

DS
DS's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fort Worth

Fort Worth Texas here ready to get it started in Fort Worth then connect with dallas, feel free to respond to me on here. I will reply to anyone in the Fort Worth area and my home is open for meetings.

I am in North West Fort Worth, Lake Worth area. Let's get this party started now, or if Fort Worth is all ready going let me bring some thing to the table.

www.myspace.com/oicurg82

www.dylansbrown.com 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
On an unrelated note

On an unrelated note regarding Texas. I wrote a parody of "Walker Texas Ranger".

In the eyes of a Fundy

The unsuspecting apostate

Had better know the truth of Jebus

Cause the eyes of a fundy are upon you

Any quetioning he's going to see

When you're in Texas look behind you

Cause that's where the fundy is gonna be 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
User is offlineOffline
Another Foat Wuth resident

Another Foat Wuth resident here.

Boycott the Star-Telegram for their plans to distribute bibles with their paper in December!

-HCG

MagicMarker
MagicMarker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry I'm late folks!  

Sorry I'm late folks!   Has the party started yet?

I'm in Frisco, just north of Dallas.  Or, more  accurately, just north of Plano which is just north of Richardson which is just north of Dallas.

Let's do it! 

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi MagicMarker and

Hi MagicMarker and welcome!

When you get a minute, we'd love it if you'd hop over to the General Conversation, Introductions and Humor forum and introduce yourself!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.