Any GMU (Fairfax, VA) students here?

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Any GMU (Fairfax, VA) students here?

I started an affiliate of the RRS last Fall at GMU.  We have an exciting semester planned - including a guest speaker and movie showing.  I'm also working on organizing a trip to Capital Hill with another local group.  We'll be participating in a school-wide tabling session as well! 

Unfortunately two of our officers are not returning to Mason in the Spring.  We need to fill these positions ASAP or we will loose our University recognition... which means we won't be able to book rooms for these events or get funding next fall.

The open positions are Secretary and SA liaison.  The VP and Treasurer positions are filled but these individuals are willing to take another position if necessary.  Since 95% of the semester has been planned out already there is very minimal work involved.  You need to have a 2.0 cummulative GPA. 

If you're interested you can reply here, to me personally, or check us out on facebook.  GMU Network - "Atheist!" 

shelley
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
bump. While I'm pretty sure

bump.

While I'm pretty sure I've contacted all the other groups in the area, anyone is welcome and encouraged to repost this elsewhere. 

shelley
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
After about six months of

After about six months of correspondence with the University, we finally received status as an official university recognized student organization.  Also, Beltway Atheists sponsored a tabling event at Mason Day last week and from that event, many more interested students were reached. 

We're looking forward to becoming an much more active student group in the Fall...  If you want to find out more, check us out on Facebook or MySpace.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Cool Shelley. You're

Cool Shelley. You're inspiring. Wish the atheist community could better unite and focus on activism regarding some priority issues. The TV and FCC for one example. I need to get more involved. We all do. We can do more than bitch. We need organizers.  RRS  etc and fans have alot of potential for pushing positive change if we would better organized and set some do able goals.