Rational Squad deleted from YouTube

OdwinOddball
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
Rational Squad deleted from YouTube

Was browsing through the RRS videos on YouTube a bit ago, when I started getting " This account is suspended." messages when trying to views the video list. And it looks like all the Gisburne related clips have been removed...

Youtube on the assault again?

suttsteve
User is offlineOffline
It wouldn't surprise me.

It wouldn't surprise me.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Yes, we were suspended with

Yes, we were suspended with all 100 videos removed.  No word yet as to why, no email on the suspension.  I'll provide more details as I get them.

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
Fuckin Digging this crap. 

Fuckin Digging this crap.  YouTube is supposedly the example against censorship, taking on lawsuits by Viacom and competetion from NewsCorp, all trying to take them down.  I want answers, YouTube.

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

Digital_Babu
User is offlineOffline
Truly WTF...

Truly WTF... Undecided

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seriously, WTF?!

Seriously, WTF?!

AnointedHeathen
User is offlineOffline
I know there are groups on

I know there are groups on YouTube that go around flagging people's accounts. If enough people flag an account YouTube will suspend it, most times not even looking at the account. They seemingly cater to the Muslims in particular.

KoRnYAtheist
KoRnYAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just found out about the

I just found out about the whole youtube thing.  This happened to me not to long ago.  Mine said perminatly disabled, not suspended.  Youtube never emailed me or mentioned why either.  That's just complete bullshit. 

I'm just to .

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline
I strongly suspect that

I strongly suspect that this was the work of a flag happy group with a vendetta against Atheists being able to talk about the subject, abuse of the system for fear of free and public discussion. (All the more reason to stay on YT where those try to silence such discussion.)

Any bets up for who is next? Capn Awesome? TAA? Richard Dawkins? Mr Diety (Sticking out tongue)??? 

-----------------------
I'll get back to you when I think of something worthwhile to say.

Supergravity
User is offlineOffline
I noticed that in addition

I noticed that in addition to the main RRS youtube account being suspended, the blasphemy challenge account only appears to have 5 videos posted...I recall there being many more.

Some of the videos missing were ones that included news broadcast footage.  Youtube really is Viacomm/Newscorp's bitch now, eh?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Supergravity wrote:

Supergravity wrote:

Some of the videos missing were ones that included news broadcast footage.

I pulled all the news footage. I'm not willing to risk the Blasphemy Challenge account going down on account of copyright.

gobaskof
User is offlineOffline
This is crazy, is there any

This is crazy, is there any pettion to sign to tell them to let you back on? Or do you want some of us to write them a letter? Or start up a Challenge the censorship challenge?
Say what you need, we will do it!Tongue out

Quote:
I would almost as soon believe with the old and ignorant cosmogonists, that fossil shells had never lived, but had been created in stone so as to mock the shells now living on the sea-shore. - Charles Darwin

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
gobaskof wrote: This is

gobaskof wrote:
This is crazy, is there any pettion to sign to tell them to let you back on? Or do you want some of us to write them a letter? Or start up a Challenge the censorship challenge?
Say what you need, we will do it!Tongue out

We'll come up with something, we're scheming as we speak, also I'm waiting for more details.  For now, just start getting used to live video.

willthescaryatheist
User is offlineOffline
I'm going to assume this was

I'm going to assume this was an error on the part of Youtube, caused by assholes flagging the account. I really doubt that Youtube would do anything like that purposely.

AnointedHeathen
User is offlineOffline
What's the channel name on

What's the channel name on LiveVid? I deleted my old account there heh.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
AnointedHeathen

AnointedHeathen wrote:

http://www.livevideo.com/RationalResponders.com

gobaskof
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: We'll come

Sapient wrote:

We'll come up with something, we're scheming as we speak, also I'm waiting for more details. For now, just start getting used to live video.

Signed up to live video and subscribed!

Quote:
I would almost as soon believe with the old and ignorant cosmogonists, that fossil shells had never lived, but had been created in stone so as to mock the shells now living on the sea-shore. - Charles Darwin

Andrew Carmichael
Andrew Carmichael's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is absolute crap.  i

This is absolute crap.  i am so dissapointed in youtube...

g0at
Bronze Member
g0at's picture
User is offlineOffline
complete bullshit     I

complete bullshit

I acually made a video about " banning" it should be up soon

www.youtube.com/g0at

-g0at

My dog thinks I am god, and I don't want them knowing better. The cats are unsure, but cats are cats...

Unlucky13
Unlucky13's picture
User is offlineOffline
those... mother...

those... mother... fuckers....

If this had been a Christian organization then they would never had touched it. I'm so fucking sick of Christians doing this shit. Sapient, you should get in touch with the Secular Coalition (if you haven't already) and let them know about the site attacks and this YouTube thing. This has got to be grounds for discrimination.

ASK A PRIEST!!!!

I am collecting questions for the next couple of weeks. Do you have a question you'd like to ask a priest? Post it here:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/atheist_vs_theist/5959

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Unlucky13 wrote: Sapient,

Unlucky13 wrote:

Sapient, you should get in touch with the Secular Coalition (if you haven't already) and let them know about the site attacks and this YouTube thing. This has got to be grounds for discrimination.

I'd rather just end religion.

We've come up with a few options some deal with getting back on youtube through legit means, though I don't know how successful that will be.  I'm more excited about the notion of hosting our videos on sites that pay you for your video. 

MajorDestruction
MajorDestruction's picture
User is offlineOffline
Andrew Carmichael

Andrew Carmichael wrote:
This is absolute crap.  i am so dissapointed in youtube...

This is indeed crap on crap. I am so starting to lose faith (yea bad word hiss boo) in the US and youtube. I hope I am not loseing the will to fight its just starting to feel like all the roads are being closed.

~The Major

Unopened mint atheist material since 1983.

weeeezzll
weeeezzll's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here we go again!  This is

Here we go again!  This is getting bad.

supexcellency
supexcellency's picture
User is offlineOffline
There are many reasons as

There are many reasons as to why YouTube would ban/suspend the RRS account:

hi1: The videos got flagged too much.

hi2: Some copyright bullshit, because there were some videos with news broadcasts.

hi3: YouTube suspended it by mistake. (doubt it, though)

hi4: It had somthing to do with David mills' video with the dog poo. (maybe it upset some self-rightous idiots).

I really hope the account gets reinstated with ALL of the videos that had been posted. Please keep us posted. 

Klarky
Klarky's picture
User is offlineOffline
It’s a shame when a

It’s a shame when a mutually beneficial partnership gets spoiled by one side.

For several months the RRS has been featured on plenty of TV news items. Youtube supplied a platform for the RRS and in turn the "youtube" brand received national TV exposure.

I guess RRS could invoice youtube for 3 months of national marketing  Laughing  j/k of course, but it does highlight the fact that youtube get allot of great exposure based on it’s users content.

Blasphemy Challenge videos are probably  the most numerous,  single issue, original content video’s on the whole youtube site, it’s not as if the RRS just uploaded other peoples music videos all day!

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
No problem. They wanna play

No problem. They wanna play it hard? We can play it hard.

Time to go to Youtube and e-mail the advertisers. Don't click on the links from any youtube page because then it will register as money for them. Instead just go to the advertiser's individual pages and find the contact information.

After all, it is their money. They should know how it is being spent. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

patrickimo
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Yes, we were

Sapient wrote:
Yes, we were suspended with all 100 videos removed. No word yet as to why, no email on the suspension. I'll provide more details as I get them.

Hi Sapient,

As you are likely aware, I am no fan of your squad. However, I am very concerned about YouTube's action as well, and I plan to contact them to see what's happening. I don't see how censorship benefits anyone, even when it comes to your so-called "activism."

I hope we can get this settled soon.

sumra
Theist
User is offlineOffline
http://www.petitiononline.com

Some one write a well worded petition and see how many signaturess we can get

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient

Sapient wrote:

AnointedHeathen wrote:

http://www.livevideo.com/RationalResponders.com

I didn't even know about that. I put the link in my favorites. Thanks!   

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Andrew Carmichael
User is offlineOffline
supexcellency wrote:There

supexcellency wrote:

There are many reasons as to why YouTube would ban/suspend the RRS account:

hi1: The videos got flagged too much.

hi2: Some copyright bullshit, because there were some videos with news broadcasts.

hi3: YouTube suspended it by mistake. (doubt it, though)

hi4: It had somthing to do with David mills' video with the dog poo. (maybe it upset some self-rightous idiots).

I really hope the account gets reinstated with ALL of the videos that had been posted. Please keep us posted. 

I'm going to guess that it is "hi2" of your list. When i try to go to the nightline video it says "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

http://tinyurl.com/yond43

Under terms of use i can find is "Do not upload copyrighted material for which you don't own the rights or have permission from the owner.".  But the thing is... It was the RRS on the nightline... and nightline has almost the same video up on their site...

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2837034

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Andrew Carmichael

Andrew Carmichael wrote:

I'm going to guess that it is "hi2" of your list. When i try to go to the nightline video it says "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

http://tinyurl.com/yond43

Under terms of use i can find is "Do not upload copyrighted material for which you don't own the rights or have permission from the owner.". But the thing is... It was the RRS on the nightline... and nightline has almost the same video up on their site...

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2837034

Nightline producers gave me permission.  All of our videos say "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I noticed this. Any word on

I noticed this. Any word on why? I noticed David Mills' video is down, too. Mine is still up.

hillbillyatheist
hillbillyatheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
groups such as the RIAA and

groups such as the RIAA and viacom and others are becoming ruthless copyright fascists.  I faer it will someday come to a point when you will be sued merely for singing happy birthday without paying royalties to some fatcat.
youtube has deleted many wonderful music videos and tv show clips over this copyright shit.
so I wonder if the RSS was banned over copyriught vbiolations or due to the contreversial content of the videos?
I am opposed to both cencorship as well as the copyright fascists.

CrimsonSun99
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: No

darth_josh wrote:

No problem. They wanna play it hard? We can play it hard.

Time to go to Youtube and e-mail the advertisers. Don't click on the links from any youtube page because then it will register as money for them. Instead just go to the advertiser's individual pages and find the contact information.

After all, it is their money. They should know how it is being spent.

First off, guess who owns YouTube? Google.

Guess what program Google uses? Adsense.

Now guess how many advertisers advertise for the #2 most visited website in the world? Millions.

You'd also be hurting my website aswell. 

Ig
User is offlineOffline
Gisbure has on his site

Gisbure has on his site that it had to do with the Uri Geller exposed video.

Any confirmation on this? If so, don't they normally have a 3 strike policy? Why suspend the entire account? I've had one video removed and all they  did was remove the SINGLE video and notify me of such. 

un0
ModeratorRational VIP!
un0's picture
User is offlineOffline
check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btxOqGyHH5s

I thought this was pretty funny.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer.

http://unpleasantcharacters.blogspot.com

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Ig wrote: Gisbure has on

Ig wrote:

Gisbure has on his site that it had to do with the Uri Geller exposed video.

Any confirmation on this? If so, don't they normally have a 3 strike policy? Why suspend the entire account? I've had one video removed and all they did was remove the SINGLE video and notify me of such.

Gisburne wrote about part of the story, but the fact is I just don't have the answer.  Youtube has a 3 strikes policy, Geller would've been strike 2.  The email from youtube said further issues could result in a suspension.  Now I spoke to James Randi and he's going to go to bat for me at youtube.  Geller doesn't own the rights to the video that he claimed the rights to, he defrauded youtube to remove videos that exposed him as a fraud.  Irony much?

This issue will take time, Randis lawyers need to look at it all on Monday, and I don't want to make an official statement for youtube and set the wheels in motion until I know exactly the best method of attack, and what youtubes statement will be.  Once I rectify the copyright issue over Geller, which should be easy we'll see what youtube does.  If they don't reinstate our account we'll know it wasn't for copyright.  Once we know that... the games will begin.

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
James Randi is a hell of a

James Randi is a hell of a nice guy.

Castaa
User is offlineOffline
RRS seems to be another

RRS seems to be another target.  I believe YouTube has a 2 strike policy before banning begins.

Has other YT religious channels recieved such treatment (besides Nick Gisburne)? 

Andrew Carmichael
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Nightline

Sapient wrote:

Nightline producers gave me permission.  All of our videos say "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

Then I don't get it.  Flagging or just pure discrimination???  Yell

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
CrimsonSun99 wrote: First

CrimsonSun99 wrote:
First off, guess who owns YouTube? Google.

I am aware of this. 

Quote:
Guess what program Google uses? Adsense.

I am indifferent to this. 

Quote:
Now guess how many advertisers advertise for the #2 most visited website in the world? Millions.

Precisely. 

Quote:
You'd also be hurting my website aswell.

Unless of course, you explain in the e-mails that you don't support censorship and would be happy to include their ad for the same rate that they would pay google for a click. 

Next? 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

The Atheist Jew
The Atheist Jew's picture
User is offlineOffline
Youtube Is Screwed Up

They allow for the banning of your account, yet they let retards like this have free reign:

TheStinkOfTheJew | March 24, 2007

sniff sniff, i smell a jew. you ain't fooling anyone bitch. i can smell the stink of a jew from a mile away.

The above message was put on my Youtube channel site over 900 times.

I have deleted around 600 of them so far.  And I only know how to do it 10 at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=baconeater 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hate to say this. Maybe

I hate to say this. Maybe it is more base than we expect. Certainly "free speech" is touted by all, but when that "free speech" doesnt suit the majority, they bitch.

Could it be that YouTube is responding to the market? Maybe YouTube is getting an influx of bigoted crap e-mail? YouTube is like any other business, they are going to respond to the market.

I hope this is not the case. I hope that capitalism, and those who benifit from it, still have empathy for the minority voice. I hope YouTube in its capital venture doesnt loose site of the fact that sometimes the majority still needs to know that a minority exists.

I am all for making money. But not to the point of facism or mob rule by vote. Sometimes the majority needs to hear the truth, even when it makes them feel uncomfortable.  

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

SvZurich
SvZurich's picture
User is offlineOffline
:( This is patently

Sad This is patently uncool.

Kimmie, using IE6 reluctantly on this site because Firefox 1.5x keeps changing the Comment window into a formated layout that will not allow the input of text.

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Atheist Jew

The Atheist Jew wrote:

They allow for the banning of your account, yet they let retards like this have free reign:

TheStinkOfTheJew | March 24, 2007

sniff sniff, i smell a jew. you ain't fooling anyone bitch. i can smell the stink of a jew from a mile away.

The above message was put on my Youtube channel site over 900 times.

I have deleted around 600 of them so far. And I only know how to do it 10 at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=baconeater

Call me ignorant, but after reading some of the comments from one of those videos, I was shocked to see that people like that still exist. I laughed at Mel Gibson, thinking he had some drunken issues, but I had no idea how wide spread anti-semitism is.

also, I went to the YouTube link you posted, and it said that baconeater no longer existed. Were you banned too?

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Never mind. The link worked

Never mind. The link worked when I clicked it in my reply. Go figure Laughing

The Atheist Jew
The Atheist Jew's picture
User is offlineOffline
I finally deleted all but

I finally deleted all but one of his comments.  You'd be surprised to see how many of that ilk are around.  The Jew hating neo nazi types now seem to be in bed with the  pro Jihadist Muslims when it comes to Jew hating propaganda.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Those muhfuh's on YouTube

Those muhfuh's on YouTube allow that but remove anti-religious? How fucked up is that? I've heard shit before about neo-Nazis teaming up with fanatical moslems.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

weeeezzll
weeeezzll's picture
User is offlineOffline
XILD is next...

Apparently XILD is the new target and her videos are being removed in mass.  WTF is going on?  I'm starting to feel powerless.  I hope RSS can come up with some creative way to combat this.  Maybe something that the entire atheist community could get actively involved in?  Laughing out loud

supexcellency
supexcellency's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Nightline producers

Quote:
Nightline producers gave me permission. All of our videos say "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

So, what I gather from this, is that if you post something that was made by, say... ESPN. And you HAVE the written consent. And the RIAA or whatever decides that you have infringed in copyright law, they will take down your video, or ban your account. No questions asked...

Can't you sue them for that? Basically, they're "stealing" something. Well, at least thats the way I see it.

anti_xmas07
User is offlineOffline
Some Fundi probably paid

Some Fundi probably paid Youtube some $$$ to suspend the account. Not surprised.