International Journal for Creation Research

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline

You know one of my many criticisms about creationism is that there is no peer reviewed scientific data to support it.  Well..damn...now thet got it.  Well boys and girls, pack your bags it's over.  Based on the fact that a bunch of christians are getting together and reading their own lies....they consider this peer -reviewed and so... now it's scienitifically valid.   So in response to this, I would like to start my own Journal: The Peer reviewed International Journal Of Knowledgeable Elves (IJOKE) where we will discuss the existence, and proof of ,elves and about their knowledge of how life started here on earth.  I believe my new journal would hold as much water as IJCR.       http://www.icr.edu/ijcr/index.html  

The Institute for Creation Research is pleased to announce the inaugural Call for Papers for the International Journal of Creation Research (IJCR).

IJCR is a professional peer-reviewed journal of interdisciplinary scientific research that presents evidence for recent creation within a biblical framework.

Addressing the need to disseminate the vast field of research conducted by experts in geology, genetics, astronomy, and other disciplines of science, IJCR provides scientists and students hard data based on cutting-edge research that demonstrates the young earth model, the global Flood, the non-evolutionary origin of the species, and other evidences that correlate to the biblical accounts.

It is our hope that you will be encouraged in your study of creation science issues that remain at the forefront of education and research.

Andrew A. Snelling
Editor-in-Chief 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

triften
atheist
triften's picture
User is offlineOffline
"EDIT" They accept articles

"EDIT"

They accept articles on all aspects of YEC, so papers on the "flood" and what-not are accepted as well. (Nevermind the fact that the Egyptians, Aborigines, and Chinese didn't seem to notice being wiped out.)

-Triften 

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
International??? The ICR

International??? The ICR has a few hundred members, and no international linkage. I ran a search for IJCR and I came up with no references, not even on wikipedia.

In fact, the number of creation scientists is so small that when the ICR got a petition for the number of scientists who accepted YEC, the  National Academy of Sciences (By far the most presitigious scientific institution in the US) started something called the "Steve petition".

In the Steve petition every scientist named Steve just at the National Academy of Sciences who accepted evolutionary theory had to sign, and they still got more sigs than the ICR...and that one wasnt even serious!

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah I actually remember

Yeah I actually remember that..hahahaha....you know what's ironic, one of the members of ICR is a faculty member of the biology department at my university.  now that is scary...but when it was exposed she was with ICR, she took herself off the list.  but we all know...we all know....

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

triften
atheist
triften's picture
User is offlineOffline
Creationists start "peer-reviewed" journal

MOD EDIT: Moved post to consolidate. 

http://tinyurl.com/32qsyw

It's so cute when they think their claims are falsifiable.

-Triften

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
  triften

triften wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/32qsyw

It's so cute when they think their claims are falsifiable.

-Triften

I was talking to a christian the other day and he believed that there is empirical evidence for a god.  I brought up the falsifiability in empirical research methods and he admitted he found that argument "interesting".    The notion of falsifiability contradicts faith.  

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
Check out their tenets and

Check out their tenets and be afraid very afraid!

http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=research&action=index&page=research_tenets

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
mrjonno wrote: Check out

mrjonno wrote:

Check out their tenets and be afraid very afraid!

http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=research&action=index&page=research_tenets

These people are not taken seriously in the sceintific community.  Perhaps some of the sceintists who work in their respective fields may have published papers in real peer-reviewed journals, but these usually have nothing to do with evolution.  Because unless you are publishing in JICR about evolution,it would not be taken seriously. 

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
I recall some years ago

I recall some years ago that a scientist submitted an article to a postmodernist magazine, drawing ostensibly rigorous correlations between postmodernism and physics.  The article was accepted and published, at which point he revealed it as a complete hoax.

It should only be a matter of time before these guys are shown up in the same way. 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

kmisho
kmisho's picture
User is offlineOffline
I heard about this journal.

I heard about this journal. Creationists are masters of irony. Do they not see the irony of starting their own sectarian "peer reviewed" journal?

The postmodernism hoax was great:

http://www.physics.nyu.edu/faculty/sokal/

Perpetrated by Alan Socal. The paper itself is hilarious...unless you're actually into deconstructionism:

http://www.physics.nyu.edu/faculty/sokal/transgress_v2/transgress_v2_singlefile.html

Transgressing the Boundaries: Towards a Transformative Hermeneutics of Quantum Gravity

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is perfect. Now they'll

This is perfect. Now they'll finally put down all their fake proofs in an official format that can be ridiculed at will with factual evidence. I love it.

It goes without saying that no paper submitted by them will ever be considered peer reviewed by anyone other than themselves. Go circular arguments go!

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry wrote:

LeftofLarry wrote:
International Journal Of Knowledgeable Elves (IJOKE)

Must have been started by Steve Jobs:  iJOKE

Or perhaps it could even be iElf 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: LeftofLarry

Susan wrote:
LeftofLarry wrote:

Must have been started by Steve Jobs: iJOKE

Now we make money. Eye-wink 

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
LeftofLarry wrote: Susan

LeftofLarry wrote:
Susan wrote:
LeftofLarry wrote:

Must have been started by Steve Jobs: iJOKE

Now we make money. Eye-wink

Would it look like this?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

HealingBlight
HealingBlight's picture
User is offlineOffline
iRonically, Mac supported

iRonically, Mac supported RRS would be very iRrational, I suggest against it. Sticking out tongue