'View' host denies evolution, says the earth is flat

daveyboy
daveyboy's picture
User is offlineOffline
'View' host denies evolution, says the earth is flat

"You are 'atheist' simply you are PSYCHO or IGNORANCE. That's why even youself feel like not EXIST on this world."
~Yahoo message board poster

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
There are few threads

There are few threads regarding how to use this website and it's functions:

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3 

And

Compose Tips 

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I knew she was and idiot,

I knew she was and idiot, but i didn't realize an she was an idiot of this caliber

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow. That

Wow. That was...special.

I love the classic theist response of trying to change the subject.

"I don't worry about the world being flat. I worry about feeding my child." Good grief.

I feel bad for that kid.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
It just goes to prove that

It just goes to prove that you can still be a knuckle dragging moron and still make more money that someone straight out of grad school. Perhaps the show just wanted a well rounded cast to represent all segments of the population. The flat earther just happens to represent the dumbest segment of society.

Apparently she retracted:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMHKsPzo5Qo

magilum
User is offlineOffline
I've had nightmares like

I've had nightmares like that.

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
I saw this on

I saw this on richarddawkins.net and this blew me away.  Im scared.  I mean, she retracted her remark probably cause she found that what she was saying about the earth being flat is just idiotic (though the "I don't believe in evolution" should be considered just as stupid).

That was painful to watch.  However, it just reinforces what we are doing here at the RRS is needed.   

Big Willem
User is offlineOffline
Wow. Just wow. I heard

Wow. Just wow.

I heard people say flat earthers still exist, but I only ever saw one. I remember seeing a loony Dutch guy in the '80s saying this on Dutch television, but that was a program about unusual/crazy people and hermits etc. I have met al lot of people who tend to take the bible literal, but I never met or seen someone who thought the earth was flat. And this is a host on a national TV show? I wonder, is she home schooled?

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I actually got to see these

I actually got to see these 2 idiots. and i retract my statement, to call her an idiot is to offend idiots. just wow

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Phffffff! Everyone knows the

Phffffff! Everyone knows the earth is a cylinder.

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
MrRage wrote: Phffffff!

MrRage wrote:
Phffffff! Everyone knows the earth is a cylinder.

Really? I was pretty sure the earth is banana-shaped. Now excuse me while I read up on how sheeps' bladders can be employed to prevent earthquakes.

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

illeatyourdog
illeatyourdog's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think the dumbest move on

I think the dumbest move on SHerri's part was not denying that evolution occurs, or even suggesting that she does not know whether or not the eart is flat, rather, defending her remark by appealing to a brain fart.  Now "Do you beleive the earth is flat?" is a pretty basic question and what she claimed to have heard was absurd "*made up jargon* pluto *made up jargon* earth".  Now, I have had many brian farts.  Usually its walking to a place and forgetting why or totally forgetting what I was saying mid sentence.  But to hear a basic question and then interpret it as the most inane dissertaion of planetry physics takes great skill or brain damage. 

" Why does God always got such wacky shit to say? . . . When was the last time you heard somebody say 'look God told me to get a muffin and a cup tea and cool out man'?" - Dov Davidoff

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think we should make

I don't think we should make fun of that poor, retarded woman.  She clearly has some sort of chromosomal damage, and we are laughing at her.  She probably wonders why the fireball in the sky keeps coming around as well.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I first saw this about 10

I first saw this about 10 hours ago and I'm still aghast at how a fully grown adult could claim that they had never thought about what shape the earth is.

Are you freaking kidding me?  Hasn't she ever seen a globe of earth in school and not realized it represented the planet she lived on? 

Crap, I have a globe of the earth sitting three feet from me here in my house!

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

rational_terp
User is offlineOffline
<sarcasm>You just didn't

You just didn't listen carefully enough. They weren't talking about Earth being flat. They were talking about the world being flat. A universe (or world) with a flat (Euclidean) geometry cannot be ruled out.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
rational_terp wrote: You

rational_terp wrote:
You just didn't listen carefully enough. They weren't talking about Earth being flat. They were talking about the world being flat. A universe (or world) with a flat (Euclidean) geometry cannot be ruled out.

Are you saying that when someone says "the world" they normally mean the universe?

Or did I just miss a joke?

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Switch89
User is offlineOffline
Why should anyone care? She

Why should anyone care? She isn't trying to prove creation and she wasn't bashing evolution (like Kirk and Ray). She's just a talk show co-host.

rational_terp
User is offlineOffline
Watcher

Watcher wrote:

rational_terp wrote:

Are you saying that when someone says "the world" they normally mean the universe?

Or did I just miss a joke?

I guess I should have marked it as a joke. Sorry about that.

Also, English is not my first language, and I have always thought that "universe" is one of the synonyms of the word "world" (even though they didn't mean it here) - that's where I got the idea for this remark/joke. Again, I apologize for this misunderstanding.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
    Eh, either she's

Eh, either she's stupid as a post, or it shows the massive lack of education, if that was her response, i would have recommended her to take grade 3 science again, hell go back to kindergarden i am sure they tell you there that the earth is round.

Shanks
Shanks's picture
User is offlineOffline
The women from the View are idiots!

And here is video evidence... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLnCDTWB2S0

One of them didn't know the Earth was round. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What an idiot! I already

What an idiot! I already knew Elizabeth Hasselback was a right wing nutcase, but at least she's cute.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

mtonkin666
User is offlineOffline
Links don't work in youtube

Did youtube take down these videos? I tried to view them and got the message that the video was removed due to terms of service violations when I clicked on the links. Can I see these videos on another site?

Thanks,

Marc

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes they were taken down. 

Yes they were taken down.  It was on the View's website though so you might want to look there.

rational_terp
User is offlineOffline
mtonkin666 wrote: Did

mtonkin666 wrote:

Did youtube take down these videos? I tried to view them and got the message that the video was removed due to terms of service violations when I clicked on the links. Can I see these videos on another site?

Thanks,

Marc

try these links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNC117UYsHs

or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehWv_qlKxSg

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
At least

Whoppi Goldberg had the sense to call her out. That one lady next to her was laughing. We should be scared to death that people that insane have the ability to get on Television. I mean no wonder our society is so stupid.

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

Master Jedi Dan
Master Jedi Dan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I wonder, is she

Quote:

I wonder, is she home schooled?

And where do you suggest we get bright people from, our wonderful public schools?

/biting sarcasm

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.