deist are not theist [Trollville]

Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
deist are not theist [Trollville]

Things I hate: I have to fight for deism is not theism. 1. a deistic2.5 'god' can be base on the same reason and deduction as a "strong" atheist. 2. Less important, our founding fathers were deist (not the same brand of deism as today) and they gave you rights to be atheists By lumping my deistic beliefs violates my first two statements. I get pissed off when I dabble in deism and the RRS labels me as a theist. As distasteful to RRS, a new language need be constructed concerning what 'god' is or is not. I am not going to reply to anyone that simply state what your 'god' is. The proof of burden lies equally among "strong" atheist and theist. I will only reply to people who want to (de) cultivate my/our conception 'god' through reason. Swallow the pill, my conception of what 'god' is or not is linked to your sentience. Any person that places my conception of 'god' on the same plane as unicorns and flying spaghetti monster will go to HELL Fortunately I will see you there. Deism is more closely associated to agnosticism than theism. You pricks (i.e. intolerant atheists) de-elevate deism to theism. Again, our deistic founding gave you the right to be critically "patriotic" and to be atheists. Our deistic founding fathers did not put "under God" into the pledge of the allegiance or "In God We Trust" into our currency. Our founding, deistic fathers would be turning over in the grave if our current leaders labeled our country as a Christian Nation I hate to be a prick, but some people here de-elevate my deism to theism. They do it so rudely to label my/our conception of 'god' to unicorns and flying spaghetti monsters. It is our deistic tradition that gave us the Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence. I admit that they are flawed and can be improved upon, but unicorns and flying spaghetti monsters are not the answers. They are simply a refutation to the current problem and provide more problems than answers. I know this was a tangent/rant, but deism is not theism. I agree that we live in a "Christian Nation" and it sickens me. My deism is not theism.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
I hate to break it to you

I hate to break it to you but word re-definition does not get around the fact that you have stated numerous times you believe in a supernatural creator or immaterial god, this makes you a theist and you should wear the theist badge proudly.

You are not a christian and by calling you a theist does not imply you are christian, it merely denotes that you believe in god. 

I feel the theist badge should be re-applied and you should own up to the fact that you believe in a god to everyone here.

Why are you so afraid to be called a theist? What is the problem you have with that label? 


Rev_Devilin
Rev_Devilin's picture
Posts: 485
Joined: 2007-05-16
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: Again, our

Deviant wrote:

Again, our deistic founding gave you "patriotic" to be atheists.  Our deistic founding fathers did not put "under God" into the pledge of the allegiance or "In God We Trust" into our currency. Our founding, diestic fathers would be turning over in the grave if our current leaders labeled our country as a Christian Nation 

Please don't associate me with that tiny little backwards ex colonial country the Americas, I am a proud member of the massive powerful technologically and intellectually superior, magnificence that is the European union, biger is beter Smiling I hate it when somebody from that tiny little backwater automatically assumes everybody else must be from there  Smiling


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
How many of the founding

How many of the founding fathers understood evolution?

Zero. Darwin was a baby during the war of 1812 and hadn't been born during the revolution or constitutional ratification procedures.

Why soil them by associating your own belief with their uninformed one? You have no such excuse of ignorance with regard to evolution and cosmology.

Both deism and theism are beliefs in a god. Dead, sleeping, or awake and active. A god is a god and they're all, so far, unverifiable.

You 'pricks' that wish to disassociate yourselves with both atheism and theism are merely trying to avoid the stigma associated with the labels given by society. 

Honesty would dictate that you would be able to accept yourself regardless of ideology. I am an atheist. You declare deism. Which of us has a positive belief in god(s)???

Answer that and I believe you will understand a theist badge. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Rev_Devilin wrote: Deviant

Rev_Devilin wrote:

Deviant wrote:

Again, our deistic founding gave you "patriotic" to be atheists. Our deistic founding fathers did not put "under God" into the pledge of the allegiance or "In God We Trust" into our currency. Our founding, diestic fathers would be turning over in the grave if our current leaders labeled our country as a Christian Nation

Please don't associate me with that tiny little backwards ex colonial country the Americas, I am a proud member of the massive powerful technologically and intellectually superior, magnificence that is the European union, biger is beter Smiling I hate it when somebody from that tiny little backwater automatically assumes everybody else must be from there Smiling

LMAO. And pray tell where the founding fathers came from? 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
For the sake of this

For the sake of this argument I took a deistic perpectice, but I am more comfortable with an atheist badge.

 I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH WEARING A BADGE, BUT I AM AN AGNOSTIC-DEIST.  NOT A THEIST.

 LABEL ME AS A DEIST.  THAT IS FINE AND I WILL WEAR IT PROUDLY, BUT I AM NOT A THEIST.

 You are more concerned about my badge than my cultivation of 'god'

 Label me as an agnostic-diest and I will support my "fucking" badge with honor. 

 Do no label me as theist.

 I think you are a very good person, but many atheist view 'god' as black or white.  Many of you arrive at your atheistic position due to the absurdity of revealed religion and not intelligence.

I think revealed religion is absurd and I 'dabble' deism through reason and rational.

Again, Label me.  JUDGE ME.  At most I am a agnostic-diest.  I WILL wear that badge proudly if you have the strength to see beyond black and white.

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Belief or non-belief. It

Belief or non-belief. It really is that simple.

Agnosticism is patently universal unless you proclaim personal knowledge? Deism is belief in god(s).

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote: . Darwin

darth_josh wrote:
. Darwin was a baby during the war of 1812

 

Darwin got his ideas from Malthus.

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: For the

Deviant wrote:

For the sake of this argument I took a deistic perpectice, but I am more comfortable with an atheist badge.

I HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH WEARING A BADGE, BUT I AM AN AGNOSTIC-DEIST. NOT A THEIST.

LABEL ME AS A DEIST. THAT IS FINE AND I WILL WEAR IT PROUDLY, BUT I AM NOT A THEIST.

You are more concerned about my badge than my cultivation of 'god'

Label me as an agnostic-diest and I will support my "fucking" badge with honor.

Do no label me as theist.

I think you are a very good person, but many atheist view 'god' as black or white. Many of you arrive at your atheistic position due to the absurdity of revealed religion and not intelligence.

I think revealed religion is absurd and I 'dabble' deism through reason and rational.

Again, Label me. JUDGE ME. At most I am a agnostic-diest. I WILL wear that badge proudly if you have the strength to see beyond black and white.

Wow.

You keep missing the fucking point!

'Theist' means you believe in a god/s, that it. Theism is VERY black and white. Either you believe in god/s or you do not..... that's it.

Theism does not mean you are christian, hindu, buddhist, muslim, janist, daoist, etc.... it simply means you believe there is a god.

You do, so you are a theist, case closed. 


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: darth_josh

Deviant wrote:

darth_josh wrote:
. Darwin was a baby during the war of 1812

 

Darwin got his ideas from Malthus.

Ideas and evidence are different. I see your point.

Interesting. I will read Malthus soon.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: I hate to break

BGH wrote:

I hate to break it to you but word re-definition does not get around the fact that you have stated numerous times you believe in a supernatural creator or immaterial god, this makes you a theist and you should wear the theist badge proudly.

Why are you so afraid to be called a theist? What is the problem you have with that label? 

Fine I am theist and re-place my badge.  I will no longer visist this site to cultivate my belief system. This site (or you ) are more interested in my label as theist than my cultivation of a 'god'. 

I am an agnostic-diest....but obviously this is a moot point.

 Later dude...see you in hell. 

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
I'll live life and try to

I'll live life and try to beat you there wherever you think it is, Deviant.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Deviant, Just in case you

Deviant,

Just in case you give it another chance, we wanted you to know that it wasn't just one mods arbitrary decision to label you.It was discussed.

For everyone's future reference:

The Rules wrote:
2. The moderators are the sole arbitrators of the House Rules and pass judgment on a case-by-case basis. Community members can contact a mod if they think the rules should be enhanced or altered in some way.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
God is black or white. The

God is black or white. The world is black or white. Character is black is black or white.

 

You gave me my fucking theist badge back.  Just remove from this site. 

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Likewise, those things are

Likewise, those things are subjective as well. However, the human aim for objectivity means that some must draw the line in the sand especially with regard to definitions outside of their own control.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh

darth_josh wrote:

Deviant,

Just in case you give it another chance, we wanted you to know that it wasn't just one mods arbitrary decision to label you.It was discussed.

For everyone's future reference:

The Rules wrote:
2. The moderators are the sole arbitrators of the House Rules and pass judgment on a case-by-case basis. Community members can contact a mod if they think the rules should be enhanced or altered in some way.

 

I am very comfortable with the agnostic-deist label.

 As I said timeless times before either label me deist or agnostic. 

There is a FUCKING difference.  deism does differ from theism.  I do not wholeheartedly agree with my deism, but this is my right to question it...hence agnostic.

For the hell of me I can't see why the RRS sees god as 'black and white'.

 

Label me as a deist and not a theist or just remove me from the site (or I will do so myself).

 

RRS cares more about labels than cultivation.

 

 

 

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Actually, he sounds like a

Actually, he sounds like a lot of  Christians I've run into.

"I believe in a God but I don't want anyone to. like. know or anything" 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Do you currently believe in

Do you currently believe in god/s?

(do not explain what deism is, I am fully aware of what deists believe)

Just answer the question above an we will see if you are a theist or not.

 


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
I live a secular life.  I

I live a secular life.  I do not dismiss the possibility of an entity/force existing beyond our comprehension.

 

I do not live or/base my life experiences upon this possibility transcendental entity/force

  

Again, you are more concern about my label than my cultivation.

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: I live a

Deviant wrote:

I live a secular life. I do not dismiss the possibility of an entity/force existing beyond our comprehension.

Definitions of theism on the Web:

* the doctrine or belief in the existence of a God or gods
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn


* The belief that there is a God or gods.
www.fitzwimarc.org.uk/glossary/t.htm

* Believing in a deity or deities (god/gods). A belief in religion. (Greek theos: god).
www.reasoned.org/glossary.htm

* Theism is the belief in one god, derived from the Judeo-Christian tradition. In a broad sense, it is generally associated with Chrstianity ( Christian theism ); in a particular sense, both Judaism and Islam are forms of theism as well. The term, however, is mostly used in a philosophic or apologetic context to indicate Christian monotheism. Sometimes, though, the term is used to distinguish monotheism from atheism, pantheism, polytheism, panentheism, etc.
www.apologetics.org/glossary.html

* is derived from the Greek (Theos) meaning "God" plus -ism.
www.theapologiaproject.org/glossary.htm

* Belief in [or belief in the probability of] the existence of God(s). A broad category encompassing a wide variety of beliefs, Theism does not specify the particular kind of God(s) believed in. There are several types of Theism including deism and monotheism, the belief in one God, pantheism, the belief that everything is God, and polytheism, the belief in many gods. ...
members.aol.com/porchnus/dict04.htm

* the belief in a god or gods; a theist is one who believes in god.
www.d.umn.edu/~revans/Handouts/rel_terms.htm

 

Guess what, you are a theist.

You can still visit the site and rant about christians, muslims, parking meters, falling in manholes, licking poison frogs to get high, or whatever else is on your mind. The theist tag is there just to let the other members know you have a positive belief in a god.

If this changes let us know, we can remove it if you begin to lack belief in a god, until that day you are considered by most definitions and colloquial uses of the word; to be a theist. 

 


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: I live a

Deviant wrote:

I live a secular life. I do not dismiss the possibility of an entity/force existing beyond our comprehension.

I do not live or/base my life experiences upon this possibility transcendental entity/force

Again, you are more concern about my label than my cultivation.

Dodge.

Neither do we 'dismiss the possibility', we just don't 'believe'. Nor do we 'base life experiences' on this possibility.

We are all here seeking growth, not cultivation. It's more 'self-cultivation' than expecting someone else to do it for us.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: I live a

Deviant wrote:

I live a secular life. I do not dismiss the possibility of an entity/force existing beyond our comprehension.

I do not live or/base my life experiences upon this possibility transcendental entity/force

Again, you are more concern about my label than my cultivation.

If you had stated it like that at first, I have a feeling you'd not have been given a badge.

Instead, you come in, saying "I'm a deist not a theist" which is the same as saying "I believe in a God but I don't believe in a God" 

"Dei" -> Latin for "God"

"Theos" -> Greek for "God" 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
OMG, I am not concerned

[Duplicate obnoxious post removed]


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
OMG, I am not concerned

OMG, I am not concerned with theism.

By the way, thanks for labeling beyond the label I choosed. (Again black and white).

Now I am just a sheep, I hope you have some lube since I cannot be a freethinker.

Why not just fuck me up the ass; please bring lube

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
Posts: 1219
Joined: 2007-03-20
User is offlineOffline
Generally, I am ok with

Generally, I am ok with someone wanting to be a rebel because they have an original idea and it goes against popular thinking, but what you have is a failure to comprehend simple words.  There are only so many ways this can be explained before everyone gets frustrated.

Isn't there anything else you can talk about?  (I liked BGH's idea regarding licking poison frogs to get high - do you do this?  I don't, but that is mainly because I have no idea where to find a poison frog and wouldn't touch it if I did find one.)


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: If you had

jcgadfly wrote:

If you had stated it like that at first, I have a feeling you'd not have been given a badge.

Instead, you come in, saying "I'm a deist not a theist" which is the same as saying "I believe in a God but I don't believe in a God" 

"Dei" -> Latin for "God"

"Theos" -> Greek for "God" 

I agree.   I am just arguing to stregthen stance and cultivation.  I never BOLDLY stated that I agreed with myself

For some reason, this agrument turned into labeling rather than cultivation.

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: OMG, I am

Deviant wrote:

OMG, I am not concerned with theism.

By the way, thanks for labeling beyond the label I choosed. (Again black and white).

Now I am just a sheep, I hope you have some lube since I cannot be a freethinker.

Why not just fuck me up the ass; please bring lube

So you believe in a God but you don't care about God belief?

I don't need to screw you - you're doing fine on your own. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: OMG, I am

Deviant wrote:

OMG, I am not concerned with theism.

 

By the way, thanks for labeling beyond the label I choose.

 

Now I am just a sheep, I hope you have some lube since I cannot be a freethinker.

 

Why not just fuck me up the as

Truth be told you claim not to be a theist and your deism does not fall into this classification, but it does.

In the last five days you have made numerous posts about your belief in a transcendental god, an immaterial god and a supernatural god. These beliefs make you a theist. Theism is part of your world view. Theism shapes your opinion about certain matters.

I am an atheist. I do not have a positive belief in any transcendental beings, I do not believe in a creator, I do not believe in the supernatural. These lack of beliefs help shape my world view.

You seem to be afraid of the theist tag because you mistakenly think it lumps you together with fundamentalists or things you do not agree with, it does not. The tag solely denotes that you hold a positive god belief, that's it.... 


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
jce wrote: Isn't there

jce wrote:

Isn't there anything else you can talk about?  (I liked BGH's idea regarding licking poison frogs to get high - do you do this?  I don't, but that is mainly because I have no idea where to find a poison frog and wouldn't touch it if I did find one.)

 

I don't lick frogs to get high.  Perhaps, the main reason is that I live in New England and not the Amazon.

 

Of course you have an idea where to find a poison frog.....common that is just ignorant. 

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
Posts: 2650
Joined: 2006-02-27
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: jcgadfly

Deviant wrote:
jcgadfly wrote:

If you had stated it like that at first, I have a feeling you'd not have been given a badge.

Instead, you come in, saying "I'm a deist not a theist" which is the same as saying "I believe in a God but I don't believe in a God"

"Dei" -> Latin for "God"

"Theos" -> Greek for "God"

I agree. I am just arguing to stregthen stance and cultivation. I never BOLDLY stated that I agreed with myself

Ummmm. Yeah you did.

deviant wrote:
Things I hate:
I have to fight for deism is not theism.

 

 

Quote:
For some reason, this agrument turned into labeling rather than cultivation.

You directed it that way. We responded rationally.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: The tag solely

BGH wrote:
The tag solely denotes that you hold a positive god belief, that's it.... 

I believe in the possiblity that a transcendental entity can exist.

Insects can see ifrared and ultraviolent light and humans cant.  I do not state ABSOLUTELY that a transcedental force can't exist beyond human comprehesion.   I arirve at this "Theist" conclusion with logic and reason.

Your BOLD statement that a transcendental force CANNOT exist is to me is irratiotional and inductive.

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Damn, who lit the fuse in

Damn, who lit the fuse in Deviant's tampon?


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: Do you

BGH wrote:

Do you currently believe in god/s?

(do not explain what deism is, I am fully aware of what deists believe)

Just answer the question above an we will see if you are a theist or not.

 

 

Please don't label me just completeu remove from this site or tell me how to completely remove myself from this site

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Damn,

MattShizzle wrote:
Damn, who lit the fuse in Deviant's tampon?

 

Laughing out loud thanks for the laugh


pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
Posts: 1595
Joined: 2006-05-06
User is offlineOffline
I cannot believe how blown

I cannot believe how blown up this has gotten!  It's really not that serious.  You've made statement that lead the moderators to believe that you hold a belief in a god.  It doesn't matter what god it is, to be honest.  Get over it and move on to a new subject, please!

jce - licking poison frogs is sooooo unsanitary.  Not to mention the havoc it'll wreak on your central nervous system.  Better off to stick with something a little more mainstream.  Like cocaine. 

If god takes life he's an indian giver


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
These are your

These are your words:

Deviant wrote:

Now, lets begin to address the issues. Simply put, deism, believe in a non-material creator or force responsible for the creation of the universe. To a deist, 'god' cannot be comprehended.

Deviant wrote:
Why is there something rather than nothing? Science cannot answer this....yet. As a deist there is a "creative force" responsible for the creation of something rather than nothing.

Deviant wrote:
A deist (closely associated to agnosticism) do subscribe to a supernatural force. As a deist, it is baffling how an atheist disegards this force.

You have CLEARLY stated you believe in a supernatural and transcendental deity, i.e. god. This makes you a theist, end of discussion.

I you have a driver's license and operate a motor vehicle, you are a DRIVER.  You may suck at it and hit every fucking thing you see but you are still a DRIVER. You may own a piece of shit that does not belong on the road but you are still a DRIVER. You may have a vehicle brand that no one else on the road owns but you are still a DRIVER. You may not use car for anything more than going to bake sales and going to the salon to get the bottom of your earlobes waxed but you are still a DRIVER.

You may not use your theism for anything but making your heart feel all warm and answering questions you cannot, but you are still a THEIST!! 


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote:   You have

BGH wrote:

 

You have CLEARLY stated you believe in a supernatural and transcendental deity, i.e. god. This makes you a theist, end of discussion. 

 Fine. I am a theist.  The ocean is a transcendental entity...I never subscribed to a "diety".

 Again, I am comfortable with the lable of an agnostic-diest.

 Either label me that or remove from this site

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: I cannot

pariahjane wrote:

I cannot believe how blown up this has gotten!  It's really not that serious.  You've made statement that lead the moderators to believe that you hold a belief in a god.  It doesn't matter what god it is, to be honest.  Get over it and move on to a new subject, please!

jce - licking poison frogs is sooooo unsanitary.  Not to mention the havoc it'll wreak on your central nervous system.  Better off to stick with something a little more mainstream.  Like cocaine. 

 

 

I am more agnostic than diest.  Why do I have to fight for my deism?  If I dabble in diesm, then why am I associated theism.

 

I tried to pose an intellignet argument that deism is not theism, but it turned into labeling rather than cultivation. 

 

By no means is this entirely my fault.

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: Fine. I am

Deviant wrote:

Fine. I am a theist.

Thanks for playing.

Next up on the "Happy Happy Fun Hour Of Word Redefinition And Refusal Of Ones Own Beliefs", we have Ken from Florida who claims the because he believes god created humans 6000+ years ago in their current form and there were dinosaurs on Noah's Ark, it DOES NOT infer he is a creationist. Rather, he is definition unto himself and his beliefs do not infer what he believes.


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: Deviant

BGH wrote:
Deviant wrote:

Fine. I am a theist.

Thanks for playing.

Next up on the "Happy Happy Fun Hour Of Word Redefinition And Refusal Of Ones Own Beliefs", we have Ken from Florida who claims the because he believes god created humans 6000+ years ago in their current form and there were dinosaurs on Noah's Ark, it DOES NOT infer he is a creationist. Rather, he is definition unto himself and his beliefs do not infer what he believes.

I used to respect you, but some atheist are like theists.  I have to fight for my beliefs rather than cultivate them.

 

So, thanks for playing

 

 

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote:

Deviant wrote:

I used to respect you, but some atheist are like theists. I have to fight for my beliefs rather than cultivate them.

 

So, thanks for playing

And the funny thing is I usually have more respect for deists, they have always seemed a bit more rational than fundies, you however are not making a good example of your rationality.

So the post where I pointed out your own quotes of exactly what you believe did not help you understand why you are wearing a theist badge?

This has been discussed in this thread ad nauseum, theism merely means you believe in god, you do, so you are a theist.

It does not means you can't 'cultivate'. My Dad is a theist and he has a kick ass vegetable garden, he cultivates the hell out of it (pun intended).

Just because you have the theist tag does not mean you cannot discuss topics and talk about things important to you, it merely means you believe in god. So get off your high horse, quit trying to elevate yourself above other 'believers', and get on with the conversations.


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
How many times do I have to

How many times do I have to state that I am an agnostic-deist.

I tried, very intelligently in my inroduction to state that deism does not equate theism. 

I do NOT believe in 'god', but the possibility that a transcendental force can exist beyond our human senses. I can subscribe to this transcendental force with as much ration, reason, and deduction as a "strong" atheist cannot not subscribe to a transcendalism

 

 You have no right to label me. I have labeled myself over and over again; agnostic-diest.

 

Somehow I am equated to a theist due to your intellect and not mine.  That makes no sense.

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
I am asking politley. 

I am asking politley.  Please remove my badge or completely remove me from this site. 


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
Please remove me from this

Please remove me from this site or tell me how.

 


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
We do not make a practice

We do not make a practice of deleting accounts from the site.

If you wish not to visit this website any longer then feel free to refrain from coming back. If you are worried you will be tempted to return change your password to something you will easily forget.

I am sorry you are making such an issue of this. The theist tag was not the decision of a single moderator but rather it was discussed by a group in a separate forum. Many of your posts were reviewed and based on comments regarding 'god' it was a majority opinion that you hold a positive god belief, therefore you are a theist. If you can illustrate that you do not believe in a god and by 'deist' you actually mean something other than a belief in the god/force you have described all over these forums, it can be discussed by the moderators whether the tag should be removed. If you wish to misrepresent yourself so you can have the badge removed this will be considered trolling and in violation of the rules.

I seriously do not see how you can claim not to hold a belief in god from the statements of yours I have read. You have described a transcendental/supernatural/metaphysical god/force/creator, and as much as you might dislike the description this qualifies as a god belief and therefore constitutes theism. 


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
I am serious.  Remove me

I am serious.  Remove me from this site immediately as you "badged" me.  Not all atheist are intolerant, but some are and I do not want to be apart of this site anymore 

 You "badged" me instantiously, then remove me instantiously!!! What's taking so long?  Fuck, am I asking for a miracle?  I am "proud" theist after all and deserve fucking miracles.

 

Please remove me completley from this as instantioulsy as you "badged" or provide a "godly" explanation.

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


BGH
BGH's picture
Posts: 2772
Joined: 2006-09-28
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: I am

Deviant wrote:

I am serious. Remove me from this site immediately as you "badged" me. Not all atheist are intolerant, but some are and I do not want to be apart of this site anymore

You "badged" me instantiously, then remove me instantiously!!! What's taking so long? Fuck, am I asking for a miracle? I am "proud" theist after all and deserve fucking miracles.

 

Please remove me completley from this as instantioulsy as you "badged" or provide a "godly" explanation.

You are truly showing irrationality with every new post. You certainly are not in a posistion to make demands.

As I have already stated we are not in the habit of deleting accounts. If you wish to leave and not return that is your perogative. 


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Just ban him ffs.

Just ban him ffs.


Deviant
Theist
Posts: 117
Joined: 2007-06-17
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: You are truly

BGH wrote:
You are truly showing irrationality with every new post. You certainly are not in a posistion to make demands.

As I have already stated we are not in the habit of deleting accounts. If you wish to leave and not return that is your perogative. 

 

I have ask pleasantly for hours to delete me in all respects. 

I asked to be banned, so I was banned.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: Do no

Deviant wrote:

Do no label me as theist.

While I understand your desire to be seperated from those theists that are abundantly more deluded than you, the fact remains you are a theist.  Should we see harm in labeling that which you are.... human. 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Deviant wrote: BGH

Deviant wrote:
BGH wrote:
You are truly showing irrationality with every new post. You certainly are not in a posistion to make demands.

As I have already stated we are not in the habit of deleting accounts. If you wish to leave and not return that is your perogative.

 

I have ask pleasantly for hours to delete me in all respects.

 

Done.  You will be able to view the site, however if you come back under another account we will ip ban you and contact your isp.  

Old rule from Jake... ask to be banned, and ye will be banned.  You asked plenty. 

 MODS PLEASE LOCK ALL THREADS THAT "DEVIANT" HAS STARTED. 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.