I'm just another hater... [Trollville]

Maccdaddyboss
Maccdaddyboss's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm just another hater... [Trollville]

I came here hoping to find friends with similar beliefs(agnostic), and sadly only found another hate website. After reading many of the threads in the mailbag section, I'm amazed at the arrogance displayed by the atheists, while they are telling the theists how arrogant THEY are. All I can say is, WOW. I am looking for OPEN MINDED PEOPLE, not haters. While you claim to be open minded and free thinking, you have made up your minds, and are as close minded as the believers you so strongly hate. Two wrongs do not make a right. Just because you've read a book and taken a philosophy class doesn't make you an authority on such issue as the existence of a higher power.

You are not winning any hearts and minds that way. It's obvious, don't believe me, go back and read some of the things you have written. If you are what it means to be an atheist, then just count me out. It was also obvious on the "debate" the other night. The arrogance of your representatives was appalling. Of course they don't believe in a higher power, because to believe in a higher being you must first be able to believe there is someone or something greater than YOURSELF.

BTW, who were those other clowns anyway? I recognize the younger guy from old TV shows, but I mean do they even have degrees in their fields. It didn't look like it to me, surely they weren't supposed to be posing as apologists. Of course they did bring it on themselves I suppose. I know their fellow believers probably cringed at the thought of being represented by those guys. What good does it do to debate the existence of god by poking holes in a theory that's flawed to begin with. Anybody with half a brain knows that evolution has more holes in it than swiss cheese. Besides, how does evolution prove, or disprove for that matter, the existence of a higher being, it doesn't.

Anyway, my search continues, but you should consider toning down the hatred for people simply because they don't agree with you, it makes your side look as bad as the extremists on the other side of the issue. I know you will probably delete this, that's understandable, and don't worry about deleting my account, I'll do that myself if I have the option. Or you may want to keep it so you can reply and tell me how stupid or ridicules you think I am. That's OK too, what you think of me is irrelevant just as what any hate group thinks about anything is irrelevant.

I would like to know one thing though, why do you lash out so against theists and belittle them anyway? Is it simply because of your beliefs, or are you scared because most of the world understands and senses something in the world that you can't. After all, most people in the world do believe in a higher power in one form or another, so maybe you guys are the ones with the mental disorder.

Maybe one day I will find the answer to these questions and others, but until then, my journey continues.....

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hate

Hate group?

Ok, name ANYBODY in this forum has committed a hate crime. (Such as killing a Christian).

I'm waiting... 

gregfl
User is offlineOffline
Maccdaddyboss wrote: I

Maccdaddyboss wrote:

I came here hoping to find friends with similar beliefs(agnostic), and sadly only found another hate website. .....

Quote:

..... are you scared because most of the world understands and senses something in the world that you can't. After all, most people in the world do believe in a higher power in one form or another, so maybe you guys are the ones with the mental disorder.

These statements contradict each other.  Maybe the vitrol comes from people trolling and misrepresenting themselves?

Maccdaddyboss
Maccdaddyboss's picture
User is offlineOffline
I said most people, I'm

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I said "most people". Statistics show that most people do believe in a higher power. Personally, I'm still undecided.

Please have one of your moderators delete my account, I didn't find the option in my account settings. Thank you. 

Goodbye, and have a good life.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Before you leave, answer my

Before you leave, answer my question!

The Patrician
The Patrician's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Hate crimes - at least in

Hate crimes - at least in UK law - do not have to involve a fatality.  The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) defines hate crime as "a crime where the perpetrator's prejudice against any identifiable group of people is a factor in determining who is victimised".

(Source: Stonewall) 

I don't think anyone here has committed a hate crime as such - unless you count abusive speech as a crime - but some members do have an extremely intolerant and prejudicial attitude.  Fortunately, it seems the majority of members are considerably more balanced and rational in their criticisms of religion which are largely levelled at theism as a concept rather than the majority of theists themselves.

In other words, hate the philosophy, don't hate the people who follow it - unless they're perverting that philosophy and even then hatred is not the way: rational confrontation is. 

Freedom of religious belief is an inalienable right. Stuffing that belief down other people's throats is not.

gregfl
User is offlineOffline
Maccdaddyboss wrote: Do

Maccdaddyboss wrote:

Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I said "most people". Statistics show that most people do believe in a higher power. Personally, I'm still undecided.

Please have one of your moderators delete my account, I didn't find the option in my account settings. Thank you.

Goodbye, and have a good life.

Busted.

hehe.  Have a nice life.  I hope it is warm and fuzzy under the bridge.

RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Patrician

The Patrician wrote:

Hate crimes - at least in UK law - do not have to involve a fatality.  The Association of Chief Police Officers (ACPO) defines hate crime as "a crime where the perpetrator's prejudice against any identifiable group of people is a factor in determining who is victimised".

(Source: Stonewall) 

I don't think anyone here has committed a hate crime as such - unless you count abusive speech as a crime - but some members do have an extremely intolerant and prejudicial attitude.  Fortunately, it seems the majority of members are considerably more balanced and rational in their criticisms of religion which are largely levelled at theism as a concept rather than the majority of theists themselves.

In other words, hate the philosophy, don't hate the people who follow it - unless they're perverting that philosophy and even then hatred is not the way: rational confrontation is. 

Well Said.

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
I hate the original

I hate the original poster.   

NOT! 

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
You know what walks hand in

You know what walks hand in hand with hate? Lumping a whole group of people together and making generalizations about them.

I don't hate theists. Almost everyone I love and care about in this world believes in God.

Atheist Eye Candy
Atheist Eye Candy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Are you sure that you're

Are you sure that you're agnostic? MOST agnostics I know...don't sound like that.

Trolling. And I'm new to this site and can point that one out.

But just in case, I cant speak for atheists however I can say for myself that I dont hate christians are theists. I hate them imposing on me. That's a summed up version.

"What good does it do to debate the existence of god by poking holes in a theory that's flawed to begin with. Anybody with half a brain knows that evolution has more holes in it than swiss cheese"

Omgosh if I still had a tail i'd be wagging it right now. Anybody with HALF a THEISTIC brain would actually believe that evolution has more holes in it than swiss cheese. Wait until you take freshmen biology in college, kid. If it had more holes in it than swiss cheese it wouldn't be considered a scientific theory. You may not believe what science comes up with but that doesnt make the qualifications for what becomes a theory any less true.

That's all I had to say.

Heather
Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

mark
User is offlineOffline
Sometimes the truth hurts,

Sometimes the truth hurts, but the truth IS, I got the same impression as the OP after reading many of the comments on this forum.  And, I'm sure that most people who visit this site, no matter if they are theists or atheists, also leave with the same impression of you guys.You can say you are not a hate group all you want.  You can say you don't hate Christians.  You can say you don't hate anybody.  But what you have posted in these forums proves otherwise.There are a lot of good things you could be doing to make this world a better place.  Devoting your life to rudely criticizing everyone who believes in God is not one of them.I saw in one of the other topics how much money the leader of this group says he needs donated to him each month just to make ends meet.  I've got a novel idea:  get a job like the rest of us.  What a hypocrite you are if you ever make mention of people giving money to religious organizations.Wake up.  Take a step back and take a good hard look at what you are wasting your life doing.  Think rationally.  What you are doing is making the world a worse place, not a better one.

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
So what you're saying is

So what you're saying is that you hate all atheists for what one atheist said.