How many did God kill vs Satan?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
How many did God kill vs Satan?

How many people did God kill in the Bible?

It's impossible to say for sure, but plenty. How many did God drown in the flood or burn to death in Sodom and Gomorrah? How many first-born Egyptians did he kill? There's just no way to count them all. This list doesn't include those figures.

  SAB, Brick Testament Number Killed Cumulative Total
Lot's wife for looking back Gen.19:26, BT 1 1
Er who was "wicked in the sight of the Lord" Gen.38:7, BT 1 2
Onan for spilling his seed Gen.38:10, BT 1 3
For dancing naked around Aaron's golden calf Ex.32:27-28, 35, BT 3000 3003
Aaron's sons for offering strange fire before the Lord Lev.10:1-3, Num.3:4, 26:61, BT 2 3005
A blasphemer Lev.24:10-23, BT 1 3006
A man who picked up sticks on the SabbathNum.15:32-36, BT 1 3007
Korah, Dathan, and Abiram (and their families) Num.16:27, BT 12+ 3019+
Burned to death for offering incense Num.16:35, 26:10, BT 250 3269+
For complaining Num.16:49, BT 14,700 17,969+
For "committing whoredom with the daughters of Moab" Num.25:9, BT 24,000 41,969+
Midianite massacre (32,000 virgins were kept alive) Num.31:1-35, BT 90,000+ 131,969+
God tells Joshua to stoned to death Achan (and his family) for taking the accursed thing. Joshua 7:10-12, 24-26, BT 5+ 131,974+
God tells Joshua to attack Ai and do what he did to Jericho (kill everyone). Joshua 8:1-25, BT 12,000 143,974+
God delivered Canaanites and Perizzites Judges 1:4, BT 10,000 153,974+
Ehud delivers a message from God: a knife into the king's belly Jg.3:15-22, BT 1 153,975+
God delivered Moabites Jg.3:28-29, BT 10,000 163,975+
God forces Midianite soldiers to kill each other. Jg.7:2-22, 8:10, BT 120,000 283,975+
The Spirit of the Lord comes on Samson Jg.14:19, BT 30 284,005+
The Spirit of the Lord comes mightily on Samson Jg.15:14-15, BT 1000 285,005+
Samson's God-assisted act of terrorism Jg.16:27-30, BT 3000 288,005+
"The Lord smote Benjamin" Jg.20:35-37, BT 25,100 313,105+
More Benjamites Jg.20:44-46 25,000 338,105+
For looking into the ark of the Lord 1 Sam.6:19 50,070 388,175+
God delivered Philistines 1 Sam.14:12 20 388,195+
Samuel (at God's command) hacks Agag to death 1 Sam.15:32-33 1 388,196+
"The Lord smote Nabal." 1 Sam.25:38 1 388,197+
Uzzah for trying to keep the ark from falling 2 Sam.6:6-7, 1 Chr.13:9-10 1 388,198+
David and Bathsheba's baby boy 2 Sam.12:14-18 1 388,199+
Seven sons of Saul hung up before the Lord 2 Sam.21:6-9 7 388,206+
From plague as punishment for David's census (men only; probably 200,000 if including women and children) 2 Sam.24:13, 1 Chr.21:7 70,000+ 458,206+
A prophet for believing another prophet's lie 1 Kg.13:1-24 1 458,207+
God delivers the Syrians into the Israelites' hands 1 Kg.20:28-29 100,000 558,207+
God makes a wall fall on Syrian soldiers 1 Kg.20:30 27,000 585,207+
God sent a lion to eat a man for not killing a prophet 1 Kg.20:35-36 1 585,208+
Ahaziah is killed for talking to the wrong god. 2 Kg.1:2-4, 17, 2 Chr.22:7-9 1 585,209+
Burned to death by God 2 Kg.1:9-12 102 585,311+
God sends two bears to kill children for making fun of Elisha's bald head 2 Kg.2:23-24 42 585,343+
Trampled to death for disbelieving Elijah 2 Kg.7:17-20 1 585,344+
Jezebel2 Kg.9:33-37 1 585,355+
God sent lions to kill "some" foreigners 2 Kg.17:25-26 3+ 585,358+
Sleeping Assyrian soldiers2 Kg.19:35, 2 Chr.32:21, Is.37:36 185,000 770,358+
Saul 1 Chr.10:14 1 770,359+
God delivers Israel into the hands of Judah 2 Chr.13:15-17 500,000 1,270,359+
Jeroboam 2 Chr.13:20 1 1,270,360+
"The Lord smote the Ethiopians." 2 Chr.14:9-14 1,000,000 2,270,360+
God kills Jehoram by making his bowels fall out 2 Chr.21:14-19 1 2,270,361+
Ezekiel's wife Ezek.24:15-18 1 2,270,362+
Ananias and Sapphira Acts 5:1-10 2 2,270,364+
Herod Acts 12:23, BT 1 2,270,365+


But how does this compare with Satan? How many did he kill in the Bible?

Well SAB can only find ten, and even these he shares with God, since God allowed him to do it as a part of a bet. Steve's talking about the seven sons and three daughters of Job. There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job ... And there were born unto him seven sons and three daughters. ... And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? Then Satan answered the LORD ... put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD. ... And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house...And, behold, there came a great wind from the wilderness, and smote the four corners of the house, and it fell upon the young men, and they are dead; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee. -- Job 1:1-19 So it seems that both Satan and God share the blame (or the credit) for these killings. If so, then the tally would be:

Lots!

Source/Credit: Steve Wells Skeptics Annotated Bible Check him out:

www.skepticsannotatedbible.com

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


brights
Silver Member
Posts: 103
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
sharky wrote:  if you

sharky wrote:


 if you believe he exists (I'm assuming you're saying he does as you accuse him of 'smiting' people), then there is nothing to fear about this life coming to an end (providing you haven't placed all of your values in it).



A very intelligent man once told me this:  

It is learned objection to claims made by theists who purport to know the Bible.  it's supremely rational to use the book that some people find holy to dispute their points.  

I don't fear death.  That doesn't automatically mean I welcome it unless I am terminally ill.   We only have one life and we should live it to the fullest possible.   You fear death because you believe in a made up story about a hell and a devil.  


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Sapient's picture
Posts: 7522
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
bzeurunkl wrote:   BTW -

bzeurunkl wrote:

 

BTW - BZ calls Brian on his source.

 

Brian didn't compile these numbers himself from his own study. Hell, I'd respect him for that, if he did.

No... He took someone else's work and published it.

Thanks Captain Obvious, did you happen to see the bottom of the original post?

"Source/Credit: Steve Wells Skeptics Annotated Bible Check him out: www.skepticsannotatedbible.com"

 

Steve Wells is a personal friend of mine and he appreciates that his information has been spread through our site.  So what the hell is your point?   Does this mean that all of the sudden your imaginary friend is a moral character now?  Other than merely grasping at straws, I'm failing to see why your post is relevant or of strong argument... which is on par with normal theistic argumentation.

 Steve and I are looking to do a recycle bible project someday, look for it down the road.

 

 

- Brian Sapient


Buy popular atheist books and support the Rational Response Squad at the same time on Amazon.


brights
Silver Member
Posts: 103
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
How many did God kill vs Satan?

Christian Nerd wrote:

God created all people. Therefore he is entitled to kill whomever he pleases and be morally justified. Satan created no one. When he kills someone, he is a murderer because he is not morally justified. If I build a computer and then destroy it, I have done nothing wrong. If I build a computer and you destroy it without my permission, you are morally wrong. God has killed more than Satan - no big deal.

 

 

Oh ok then if I make a baby with or without a man in my body I and then abort it, I have done nothing wrong.  But If you abort it without my permission, you are morally wrong.


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
I've always found it

I've always found it interesting how christians give their god a pass for breaking the rules he'd throw them in hell for breaking.

Hey christians, does God really have a covenant with you if you're the only one bound by it?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Vessel
Vessel's picture
Posts: 646
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
bzeurunkl wrote:   What

bzeurunkl wrote:

 

What do you think he will do to YOU?

Oh crap! Red text! Red = scary. Maybe I'd better rethink my position. If only someone had explained it in red before. 

“Philosophers have argued for centuries about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin, but materialists have always known it depends on whether they are jitterbugging or dancing cheek to cheek" -- Tom Robbins


brights
Silver Member
Posts: 103
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
How many did God kill vs Satan?

Tadlington wrote:

in genesis, god created adam and eve and told them not to eat the fruit from the tree of life if they do they will die, it was the only law that was layed down, satan was around when god told adam and eve this, so what happens?

Satan disguised as a serpant tells them that they will not die,(which means hes calling god a lier) and convinces them to eat it. this means that the devil is the one who is responsible for the fall of man, not god.satan stands against god and will ruin anything god stands for and even twist things to make god look evil in the eyes of man.

Who made the satan? did the god according to the bible? Creator of all things then that would include the angels and the satan. Seems to me since the god is considered omniscient then it is responsible for allowing the satan to be present when laying down this law to the supposed only two living human beings on earth. It is responsible for not protecting or warning them from and about the satan. It is responsible for not giving them knowledge before laying down a law they wouldn't be able to understand from not having knowledge. It is responsible for allowing satan to exist in the first place when it knew the angel Lucifer would fall and thus become the satan. You need to think why your bible doesn't explain this or even bother to point it out.

 

Tadlington wrote:
the isrealite eventually become gods people and they know what god wants of them and he lays down some laws for them to abide by to seperate them from the other nations, when they done what he wanted he protected them from the other nations by helping them or whatever, when they didnt do what he asked, he warned them that they are straying and if they didnt change he would withdraw his protection.

 

Ah so the god loves them, provides protection only on the condition they worship the god and basically be slaves to the god.

Also their protection from other nations was murdering, slaughtering their enemy not the work of some invisible satan or protection from some invisible god unless, of course, the god were real as you claim it is. When the Rabbi's, preists, religious leaders layed down the laws I think it was to bring some amount of peace to society. Kind of like what we have now with law enforcement. But what happens when people get sick and tired of having to obey the religious leaders - they question the religious leaders, who are they to tell us how to live.  So what must be done to bring up moral, ease a guilty conscience, get revenge and console and keep the masses (society) under control they make up the god. It's not me saying this it's the god who lays down the law and he told me (us) to pass the laws to everyone.  What happens when people question the god and the god never once speaks to them, the people can't hear, see, feel the god?  The satan comes into the story.  See where I am going here. Why pass the buck to another human they can disobey, kill when they can make up an invisible, all powerful being to scare the crap out of them ane when over time that doesn't work well you can see where the fear of the satan fits in.

Tadlington wrote:
these are violent times, nations trying to get as much territory as possble so wars were inevitable,to cut a long story short he sets events in motion so that jesus is born and he dies as a ransom sacrafice for our sins.adam was created perfect, jesus was perfect, it was life for life to balance the scales so to speak.

If your brilliant, all powerful, sacraficial, omniscient god were just that or real then it would have known what the satan was planning to do with Adam and Eve and prevented it all from happening in the first place. There never would have been a need to balance any scales had the god been a real god or existed.  What sacrafice was there when the jesus is considered to be the god and didn't really die, according to your bible, or go to the hell in our place. He is supposedly living at the right hand of the god and not considered dead. Hmm the god sacraficed itself to itself all for a mistake he himself made then blamed all humans.  

Tadlington wrote:
when all this happens, all the heavanly angels are looking on, god could have wiped the devil out after eden, but then the other angels may have questioned if satan was right and they would never know , so gods sovergienty would have been called into question by the angels.

So the god doesn't think to protect Adam and Eve by preventing the satan from entering eden, the earth, their lives. It doesn't think to give them knowledge before expecting them to know what sin is, what the satan is doing or even understand what the god orders them not to do. The god who had no problem murdering all those people in the flood all of a sudden had a problem with removing and or killing the other fallen angels.

Tadlington wrote:
so from eden onwards up to the present day satan is responsible for what is happening to people and the earth, all this death and killing is satans fault. to blame god is one of the devils ploys to turn people against god.

the greek word for satan is diabolos-"slanderer"

this is why god is not popular and is unjustly accused of killing people, satan is the one who cuased and causes death and often uses religion to do his bidding now and in the past

I have been told when people die from disease, accidents etc etc. it's the god who decides who will live or die so that makes the god responsible for their death. What happened to  'ask and you shall receive'?   'what happened to thou shalt not kill?' yet so many people are killed in the name of the god. What about the gods intervention? whoops wait there isn't any god to intervene. Your story reads like a fairytale and the satan was made up to cover up for the god and bring fear.


brights
Silver Member
Posts: 103
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
How many did God kill vs Satan?

livefree wrote:
In every definition of the word kill I could find it requires ones unjustified actions against another. In Genesis when God commands Adam not to eat of the tree of good and evil he also warns him, it will cause death ( in the day you eat of it you will surely die). However, Adam eventual chooses to eat of the fruit and accepts death for himself and mankind, until that point man was perfect. When Adam and Eve choose to take death unto themselves it became apart of what they passed on to their children. Man had been corrupted by his own choice.  (snip)

 

Choice?!?!?  what?  They didn't have knowledge before eating the fruit of knowledge.  There was no understanding of choice, death, being deceived or consequences of actions.  Eden was total bliss according to the story.  There was no death in existence for them to know what death is.  

 


cyberdaemon
cyberdaemon's picture
Posts: 7
Joined: 2008-01-21
User is offlineOffline
And talking about god and

And talking about god and so called "judgement day" , if this all was real and god asked me in the final day that why didnt i do anything "right" before and deserve bath to heaven ? And how i denied the "holy shit" (i mean "holy spirit&quotEye-wink and so on and on... bla bla... You know how would i reply to him ?
   "but god , you made me just the way as i am.You gave me my body , my soul , my personality.How is it even possible you dont understand me as i was made to be ? I simply did as my nature told me to do and the that nature was given to me by YOU! You should understand me down to the the smallest details and there force love me as i am.So throw me into fire , you all "loving" , "understanding" shithole of the world! I think hell will be much better anyway as i dont have to sit together with your sheep like christian followers!  And by the way , shoulnt you already know the answer ? You are the god after all! Why did you ask anyway ?"
   And its funny how these christians threat people with "apocalypse" , same time not knowing it has nothing to do with world ending and destruction! Or those muslims , using word Jihad , but same time it doesnt mean "holy war" in the first place! It means struggle damn it! Its like taking word "conflict" and thinking it means "blessed killing"!

Little green warrior


bzeurunkl
Theist
bzeurunkl's picture
Posts: 41
Joined: 2007-05-15
User is offlineOffline
Well... red kinda sort is

Well... red kinda sort is the colour of fire.

 

Eye-wink

 

hahahahaaa

 

 


bzeurunkl
Theist
bzeurunkl's picture
Posts: 41
Joined: 2007-05-15
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Thanks Captain

Quote:

Thanks Captain Obvious, did you happen to see the bottom of the original post?

 

Yeah.  I kinda thought I said that.  Publishing someone else's work would kinda be like, well, publishing someone else's work.

And... I don't see the straws.  You posted someone else's work.  I pointed that out.  WHere's the straw?

 RZ


bzeurunkl
Theist
bzeurunkl's picture
Posts: 41
Joined: 2007-05-15
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I'm failing to see

Quote:
I'm failing to see why your post is relevant or of strong argument... which is on par with normal theistic argumentation.

 

I'm sorry.  What part of my post sounded like an argument?  I was pretty sure I made no argument when I posted it.

Perhaps you have a mistaken notion of what an "argument" is?

Maybe you can torture an argument out of my emphatic statement... "which is on par with normal atheistic" tactic...

BTW - When did you change your last name?  Eye-wink

 

 


bzeurunkl
Theist
bzeurunkl's picture
Posts: 41
Joined: 2007-05-15
User is offlineOffline
BTW - Would you mind

BTW - Would you mind telling me who at RRS took it upon themselves to change my "status" to "Theist?"  I don;t think I would call myself that - and I certainly didn't change it to that.

 

 

Ooopsie!  I made  a rather revealing typo there....


latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
Posts: 2036
Joined: 2007-06-01
User is offlineOffline
    The arguement about

    The arguement about abortion is not the same as killing a full born child, or a child that has reached the age of maturity. In the bible it does not describe god killing an unborn children, he kills the first borns (meaning they reached full term and have been born already), he kills children, he kills men and women of all ages. So the appropriate analogy is if my child does wrong, and I am not happy can I kill her, not abort her, because all the killings in the bible for the most part....are men, women and children, not fetuses, although one would have to assume that pregnant women are killed too.

    Now there are circumstances in which the bible actually says yes I can kill my own child. However in todays society that is morall reprehensible and is probably in the same category usually of pediophiles.

    So forget the abortion arguement it has not bearing on the topic. How about sticking to the actual statement. 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
bzeurunkl wrote: BTW -

bzeurunkl wrote:

BTW - Would you mind telling me who at RRS took it upon themselves to change my "status" to "Theist?"  I don;t think I would call myself that - and I certainly didn't change it to that.

 

 

Ooopsie!  I made  a rather revealing typo there....

Offhand, I think this

"Consider this farther. Forget all these peon men and women and children. God killed his OWN SON on account of sin. His own Son who was worth more than all the men, women, and children on earth - COMBINED."

got you the theist badge. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


Blind_Chance
Blind_Chance's picture
Posts: 124
Joined: 2008-01-09
User is offlineOffline
bzeurunkl wrote:

bzeurunkl wrote:

The question for YOU is, "How badly do you want to triffle with someone with this kind of power?"

Consider this farther. Forget all these peon men and women and children. God killed his OWN SON on account of sin. His own Son who was worth more than all the men, women, and children on earth - COMBINED.

Now ask yourself this question:

What do you think he will do to YOU?

If The God existed, I would spit in his face. I know ... I know ... I should actually pity Entity with such mental and moral problems, but I can't help.

Ecrasez l'infame!


bzeurunkl
Theist
bzeurunkl's picture
Posts: 41
Joined: 2007-05-15
User is offlineOffline
Quote: If The God existed,

Quote:
If The God existed, I would spit in his face.
What if it turns out that you've already done it? You're of those who tend to think of time as strictly linear... aren't you?


bzeurunkl
Theist
bzeurunkl's picture
Posts: 41
Joined: 2007-05-15
User is offlineOffline
Quote: So if I say that

Quote:

So if I say that the tooth fairy imprisoned other fairies, I am affirming that the tooth fairy exists? (Circular reasoning)

 

Well, since you ask....

 

Yes.  That is exactly what you would be saying.

Are you saying that?

 

BTW - that's not circular reasoning.  He said "if".  You did not.  His reasoning is deductive.  Yours is (or would be, if you claimed to believe what you said) circular.

 


bzeurunkl
Theist
bzeurunkl's picture
Posts: 41
Joined: 2007-05-15
User is offlineOffline
that... Quote: got you the

that...

Quote:

got you the theist badge. 

 

So, it's ok for others at RRS to decide to label me how they think or feel about me.  But I can't so the same?

 

Ok, I think I'm starting to see the link to "rational responder" here.

If I clearly identify myself as having charateristics consistent with a group, it's OK (even to be expected) that others will lump me in with them.

 

I guess I can't (or shouldn't) argue with that.

It would be dishonest of me to say that I hadn't formed opinions of others here based upon what THEY have said.

So "theist" is an accurate, if not self-applied nomenclature.

 

Still.... one might have ASKED....

 

RZ


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
bzeurunkl

bzeurunkl wrote:
that...
Quote:

got you the theist badge. 

 

So, it's ok for others at RRS to decide to label me how they think or feel about me.  But I can't so the same?

 

Ok, I think I'm starting to see the link to "rational responder" here.

If I clearly identify myself as having charateristics consistent with a group, it's OK (even to be expected) that others will lump me in with them.

 

I guess I can't (or shouldn't) argue with that.

It would be dishonest of me to say that I hadn't formed opinions of others here based upon what THEY have said.

So "theist" is an accurate, if not self-applied nomenclature.

 

Still.... one might have ASKED....

 

RZ

Don't talk to me about it. talk to the theists who came here portraying themselves as atheists so they could come and preach. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


bzeurunkl
Theist
bzeurunkl's picture
Posts: 41
Joined: 2007-05-15
User is offlineOffline
Quote:   They DID

Quote:

 

They DID that?  How lame is THAT?

One thing I'll give you guys is that you are consistent and there's certainly no claim of "duplicity" to be laid to your charge in that regard!

 

To all those other "theists" out there, please at least be honest about who you are.  It makes the rest of us look bad.  (Or, well, worse than we already look to these guys Eye-wink

 

heh

 


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
bzeurunkl

bzeurunkl wrote:

Quote:

 

They DID that?  How lame is THAT?

One thing I'll give you guys is that you are consistent and there's certainly no claim of "duplicity" to be laid to your charge in that regard!

 

To all those other "theists" out there, please at least be honest about who you are.  It makes the rest of us look bad.  (Or, well, worse than we already look to these guys Eye-wink

 

heh

 

It doesn't matter that much to them, nor should it to you. Didn't Paul allow believers to be deceptive for the faith? 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


brights
Silver Member
Posts: 103
Joined: 2007-05-11
User is offlineOffline
How many did God kill vs Satan?

jcgadfly wrote:
Tadlington wrote:

people will believe what they want to believe, whether athiest or religious, most of the time its because it suits them and makes life that easier to bear.

we also have to realise that we dont have a monopoly on knowledge, every generation that has gone by thought it was brainer that the generation previous, and the goes for us today, we dont know everything, maybe one day certian questions will be answered but just because we dont understand them now we should not dismiss them as false or falicy whatever our beliefs.

for instance, at one time the general opinion of the brains of the time thought the earth was flat, but we all know differently as time progressed and so did technology and understanding of the universe and earth.

Interesingly isaiah 40:22 says that the earth is round. how did he know that? he lived about the 8th century b.c.

one thing is for sure, all christian religions are divided in their beliefs and interpretation of various scriptures, why?? surely if they took out all the dogma and tradition and doctrine and also personal opinion out the scriptures and looked at the original writings, things maybe more clearer and less confusing. But unfortunately many of their followers like that kinda stuff and so there will always be friction between them.

i dont know much about the muslim faith but from what i see from recent events they too are divided in their interpretation of the scriptures, this is my personal observation.

many( not all) athiests are put of religion because of religion, they claim to represent god yet they act like the scriptures mean nothing or are pretty stories or they twist/change scriptures to suit their needs. athiests may also not like to think they maybe answerable to a higher being for the way they live their lives.

me, i look around see what man is and has done on the earth and the future frightens me, if this is all there is then the human race is truly doomed, now or way in the future, if this is what evolution has brought then it also has failed, we should be getting better not worse.

i would rather believe in god and be proven wrong on my deathbed than believe in nothing and be proven wrong on my deathbed.

there is nothing wrong in believing in god, it is religions interpretation of what THEY think god wants us to do,not what god wants us to do, what is wrong.

also actions speak louder than words, do they practice what they preach with regard to the bibles opinion of murder, adultery, stealing etc.

you should not murder yet christian countries go to war and sometimes in the so called name of god kill other christians, that to me is hypocritical.

cant be bothered writing more at the mo but will latter, got me tea to get Smiling

 

All of your Pascal's wager and no true Scotsman fallacy invoking aside (good attempt at hiding them btw)

Isaiah 40:22 talks about the "circle of the earth". A circle is a 2-dimensional (flat) shape. Wouldn't you think the God that created the earth would bother to tell those who wrote the Bible that he created a sphere (assuming that he did in the first place)?

 I would think if the god did actually talk to I saiah describing the earth he / she/ it would say it created the earth as a spherre.  SI think they simply looked up a the sky saw the sun was a circle shaped and saw the moon was a circle shape and so they claimed the god told them the same about the earth.  

Also doesnt' it say some where, can't remember off hand, the earth is held up by its pillars?  If I am understanding the correct meaning of the word pillars the that isn't true either.  I saw the astronauts on the computer live from Nasa and never saw any pillars holding up the earth in space.  They guessed at best then made the claim the god spoke to them and people today still fall for this nonsense. 


Chris Aldridge (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
I agree

Well said, my friend. People don't stop to think just how much wrong God did and still does. Although Satan is all evil, God has to be held responsible because, for one, he created Satan, and, two, he has more than enough power to stop him, but does not. So, even if Satan had killed all those people instead of God, God would still bare more of the blame because he let it happen. I really believe that we, and especially Christians, need to look at both sides. See, God is just like a nation that writes its own history, he makes himself out to look good, his foes bad, hides what's bad for him, only shows what's good for him, selfishly wishes humanity to give him all the glory and recognition but only wants to give something in return if he finds man deserving, which sounds just like a spoiled, selfish king who cares for nothing at all but himself.

Hey, this isn't my opinion. Everything I said can be found in the Bible. Therefore, we can only come to one of two conclusions about God. Either, he's so mysterious and baffling to us that we can't understand his plan, or he's an asshole.

 

Chris.


IknowTruth
Theist
Posts: 55
Joined: 2008-03-04
User is offlineOffline
atheist sure are tricky

brians says "God sent lions to kill some foreigners" he makes it seem like god just said "oh wow some foreigners let me kill them for no reason".thats is totally not the case. the verse said "17:25 And so it was at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they feared not the LORD: therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which slew some of them." they didnt fear the lord so they are of the devil.when you have no fear of the lord you will do acts such as killing,raping,stealing etc. many people in prison "HAD" no fear of the lord. they mindset was "oh as long as i dont get caught killing or stealing im ok", they have no fear or regrets of nothing. this can be known as "no consciousness" when you deny god you slowy loose emotions satan has no emotions he is ruthless and regretless. when i said most prisioners "HAD" no fear of god i meant they had none before they went to prison, but that most likey changes for at least some people. while they spend time in prison they began to think, and ultiamtely they sometimes realize their is a god and they know theve made an mistake, if they ask for forgiveness god will forgive them. but they still must pay for what they have done. my main point is that god doesnt kill people for no reason there is always a reason.


Wondering (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
just got a question

Ok so it all started in the garden of edan when god created men. It was a good place with one importent rule don't eat the fruit from the one tree. Then the devil convinced them to eat the fruit and they were banished. So pretty much what i am getting at is they got kicked out of a good life because of Satan. The place they went to is where we all live now. So in a way wouldn't Satan be the cause scince he convienced the men to convince them to do what they were told not to do. Other wise we would be in a good place.


carx
carx's picture
Posts: 247
Joined: 2008-01-02
User is offlineOffline
 CONTREDICTION ALERT !!!!!

 

CONTREDICTION ALERT !!!!!

 

s0m3b0dy wrote:

as the apostle paul said "death is a victory for me" (correct me if im wrong, ihavent read the english bible, im brazillian. a true christian would reaize that death is the time to go to the father, if someone wanted to kill me, by all means i would make myself available, for i would be going to my father even faster!

 

and yes murder is wrong in any form or way. life doe snot belong to any man, therefore no one hasthe rightto take it away.even if the person commited the most horrible of crimes, at most, he should be locked up for life. justice belongs to God

 

 

1)      Murder Evil

2)      Murder sends me to haven = GOOD

 

 EVIL != GOOD

 

So lets say I wont to kill you dip shit com on name the place and the time I have the methods I’m perfectly capable of kill you bring it on !

 

I’m waiting If you are right on this point then I’m jest sending you to your father here is the question how are you feeling about it ? Are you happy to go to your father thru my hands ? Then WTF can you say murder is evil if I’m sending people to haven thru it  ? So lets make it easy for you :

 

1)      I kill

2)      So I send you to haven

3)      Haven is good

4)      Killing is good

 

Are you seeing the contradiction ? Or are you incompetent ? Is it evil to make people happy ? is it evil to give good things to children ? Is it evil to give the best gifts to babies ? Isn’t Haven the best place ever ?

Then WTF is it evil to get babies/children/people to haven if it’s the best place and it exists ? WARNING if you deny this you state GOD is EVILLLLLLLLL !!!! If haven is real and exists then killing the act of sending it to the best place is a incredible act of generosity and goodness . If you believe in this god nonsense then killing must be the most good act in the world. Your behavior shows that you don’t believe in this nonsense and if you start cursing the most blessed act of killing like abortion then you show that you don’t believe in god and are going to HELLL.

Warning I’m not a native English speaker.

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=281515 DDR and game sound track download


Clark (not verified)
Posts: 4294964979
Joined: 1969-12-31
User is offlineOffline
Jesus

KSMB wrote:
What is this? "Invasion of the irrational and illiterate"-day?

Religion is ignorant, Jesus was not, and is not ignorant. Lucifer knows the bible better than any man. He causes confusion, his only purpose now is to steal kill and destroy, he told God that he would turn everyman away from him. As I see it, you have the same intention as the Devil himself. I rebuke all of satan's work against you people in the name of Jesus. That is why God came and died in the flesh to show us our true power and authority in this world.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
Except none of them (Satan,

Except none of them (Satan, God, Jesus) ever actually existed and none of that shit ever really happened.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
Posts: 702
Joined: 2006-08-03
User is offlineOffline
Clark wrote:KSMB wrote:What

Clark wrote:
KSMB wrote:
What is this? "Invasion of the irrational and illiterate"-day?

Religion is ignorant, Jesus was not, and is not ignorant. Lucifer knows the bible better than any man. He causes confusion, his only purpose now is to steal kill and destroy, he told God that he would turn everyman away from him. As I see it, you have the same intention as the Devil himself. I rebuke all of satan's work against you people in the name of Jesus. That is why God came and died in the flesh to show us our true power and authority in this world.

Here we go again, more than 1.5 years after the "Invasion of the irrational and illiterate"-day. Well, that's not fair, you appear to be literate. But that doesn't matter much when your irrationality render you unable to separate reality from ancient myths (cooked up by iron age middle eastern goat herders). It's sad really.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Clark wrote:KSMB wrote:What

Clark wrote:

KSMB wrote:
What is this? "Invasion of the irrational and illiterate"-day?

Religion is ignorant, Jesus was not, and is not ignorant. Lucifer knows the bible better than any man. He causes confusion, his only purpose now is to steal kill and destroy, he told God that he would turn everyman away from him. As I see it, you have the same intention as the Devil himself. I rebuke all of satan's work against you people in the name of Jesus. That is why God came and died in the flesh to show us our true power and authority in this world.

I bind thee Clark from doing harm, harm to other people or yourself. I bind thee Clark from doing harm, harm to other people or yourself. I bind thee Clark from doing harm, harm to other people or yourself.

There you go a little witchcraft for you to pray to Jesus over.

But as Matt Damon the angel Loki in the movie Dogma said. I don't believe in Voodoo (in my case witchcraft) but still doesn't it look like you.

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


Kay Cat
Superfan
Kay Cat's picture
Posts: 353
Joined: 2008-07-22
User is offlineOffline
Clark wrote:KSMB wrote:What

Clark wrote:

KSMB wrote:
What is this? "Invasion of the irrational and illiterate"-day?

Religion is ignorant, Jesus was not, and is not ignorant. Lucifer knows the bible better than any man. He causes confusion, his only purpose now is to steal kill and destroy, he told God that he would turn everyman away from him. As I see it, you have the same intention as the Devil himself. I rebuke all of satan's work against you people in the name of Jesus. That is why God came and died in the flesh to show us our true power and authority in this world.

 

ummm... the bible proves Jesus to have been ignorant, supposing he existed at one point. For example:

http://bible.cc/matthew/5-18.htm

&

http://biblecc.com/leviticus/11-20.htm

 

and Lucifer, whooo...

http://biblecc.com/deuteronomy/5-7.htm

&

http://biblecc.com/john/5-44.htm

&

http://biblecc.com/jude/1-25.htm

 

okay, so I cut and pasted, but my point is, there is much in conflict in the bible and therefore, it can not be taken literally. Just look at the differing interpretations of particular lines to see what I mean.

Vote for McCain... www.therealmccain.com ...and he'll bring Jesus back


jcgadfly
SuperfanBronze Member
Posts: 6789
Joined: 2006-07-18
User is offlineOffline
Clark wrote:KSMB wrote:What

Clark wrote:

KSMB wrote:
What is this? "Invasion of the irrational and illiterate"-day?

Religion is ignorant, Jesus was not, and is not ignorant. Lucifer knows the bible better than any man. He causes confusion, his only purpose now is to steal kill and destroy, he told God that he would turn everyman away from him. As I see it, you have the same intention as the Devil himself. I rebuke all of satan's work against you people in the name of Jesus. That is why God came and died in the flesh to show us our true power and authority in this world.

Hey Clark,

Have you looked around and noticed how ineffective your rebuke was? So much for "the fervent prayer of a righteous man", eh?

That should tell you something but I don't think it will.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2484
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Kay Cat wrote:Clark

Kay Cat wrote:

Clark wrote:

KSMB wrote:
What is this? "Invasion of the irrational and illiterate"-day?

Religion is ignorant, Jesus was not, and is not ignorant. Lucifer knows the bible better than any man. He causes confusion, his only purpose now is to steal kill and destroy, he told God that he would turn everyman away from him. As I see it, you have the same intention as the Devil himself. I rebuke all of satan's work against you people in the name of Jesus. That is why God came and died in the flesh to show us our true power and authority in this world.

 

ummm... the bible proves Jesus to have been ignorant, supposing he existed at one point.

My favorite is his temper tantrum over the fig tree in Mark 11:12-14.

See: http://bible.cc/mark/11-12.htm

Omniscient huh? So spaced out Jesus doesn't know what season it is.

By the way welcome to the forums, have fun.

 

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


DeLgAdO
Theist
Posts: 46
Joined: 2008-09-05
User is offlineOffline
wow thats a small number,

wow thats a small number, god should have killed us all. He is so gracious and merciful!

 

no one deserve to live, we are all wicked,evil, vile and radically depraved. He is none of those things.

 

the so called "good atheist" doesnt exist, he takes credit for grace that didnt come from himself but from god, you see god works good even through unbelievers. and not on any merit they have whatsoever.

 

i am theist and i dont know how to put it under my name Laughing out loud


Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
Posts: 440
Joined: 2008-02-07
User is offlineOffline
IknowTruth wrote:brians says

IknowTruth wrote:

brians says "God sent lions to kill some foreigners" he makes it seem like god just said "oh wow some foreigners let me kill them for no reason".thats is totally not the case. the verse said "17:25 And so it was at the beginning of their dwelling there, that they feared not the LORD: therefore the LORD sent lions among them, which slew some of them." they didnt fear the lord so they are of the devil.when you have no fear of the lord you will do acts such as killing,raping,stealing etc. many people in prison "HAD" no fear of the lord. they mindset was "oh as long as i dont get caught killing or stealing im ok", they have no fear or regrets of nothing. this can be known as "no consciousness" when you deny god you slowy loose emotions satan has no emotions he is ruthless and regretless. when i said most prisioners "HAD" no fear of god i meant they had none before they went to prison, but that most likey changes for at least some people. while they spend time in prison they began to think, and ultiamtely they sometimes realize their is a god and they know theve made an mistake, if they ask for forgiveness god will forgive them. but they still must pay for what they have done. my main point is that god doesnt kill people for no reason there is always a reason.

So because I don't fear your imaginary sky daddy do I deserve to die? Could not an omni-potent, omni-scient and omni-present god have been capable of dealing with these people without killing them? Just a little Bush diplomacy in the iron age I guess. All powerfull god incapable of dealing with those that do not fear it.... WOW Fuckin WOW.

You are treading into territory that you might not want to go. First you make assertions that these people were bad based on propaganda from the bible. Then you state that the only way to stop an evil act is to commit an evil act. Gee I wonder why many atheists find the bible revolting.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS


hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
Posts: 219
Joined: 2008-04-02
User is offlineOffline
DeLgAdO wrote:wow thats a

DeLgAdO wrote:

wow thats a small number, god should have killed us all. He is so gracious and merciful!

That's right! We are all inherently evil and sinful because a woman made of a rib ate a magical fruit off a forbidden tree on the advice of a talking snake with legs in a mystical fairy garden in an episode set up by a vindictive, petty, racist, sexist, homophobic, magician in the sky who sent himself to sacrifice himself to himself as the only possible means of offering forgiveness to a select few gullible enough to believe such a load of horse shit.  Thank you god for your god damn grace...

"I've yet to witness circumstance successfully manipulated through the babbling of ritualistic nonsense to an imaginary deity." -- me (josh)

If god can do anything, can he make a hot dog so big even he can't eat all of it?


DeLgAdO
Theist
Posts: 46
Joined: 2008-09-05
User is offlineOffline
Cali_Athiest2

EDIT: this forums format is not what im use to.....


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
DeLgAdO wrote:wow thats a

DeLgAdO wrote:

wow thats a small number, god should have killed us all. He is so gracious and merciful!

 

no one deserve to live, we are all wicked,evil, vile and radically depraved. He is none of those things.

 

the so called "good atheist" doesnt exist, he takes credit for grace that didnt come from himself but from god, you see god works good even through unbelievers. and not on any merit they have whatsoever.

 

I don't think I've ever seen someone that hates themself that much.  Please, see a psychiatrist.  This isn't meant in a condescending way, I am truly concerned.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


DeLgAdO
Theist
Posts: 46
Joined: 2008-09-05
User is offlineOffline
I can drive a psychiatrist

I can drive a psychiatrist through the wall because he knows what im saying is true.

 

and you have a poor understanding of organized religion.

the Bible does talk of organized religion, and in many cases the purpose and impacts of "organized religion" are not something that God is pleased with. Listed below are a few examples of where organized religion is described.

Genesis 11:1-9: In perhaps the first instance of organized religion, the descendents of Noah organized themselves to build the tower under the belief system that if they could build it tall enough they would be saved. They believed that their unity was more important than their relationship with God. God stepped in and confused their languages, thus breaking up this religion.

Exodus 6 and following: God had given promises to Abram (Abraham) concerning a special relationship between his descendents and God. However, we see this “organized” for the nation beginning at the Exodus and working through the history of the Israelites. The Ten Commandments, Tabernacle, sacrifice system, etc., were all organized by God and to be followed by the Israelites. Further study of the New Testament clarifies that the end product of this religion was to lead the follower to Christ (Galatians 3; Romans 7). However, many have misunderstood this and have worshipped the elements rather than the True God.

Judges and following: Many of the conflicts experienced by the Israelites involved the conflict of organized religion. Examples include Baal (Judges 6; 1 Kings 18); Dagon (1 Samuel 5); Molech (2 Kings 23:10). God used these religions to display His power by defeating them.

The Gospels: The Pharisees and Sadducees represented organized religion at the time of Christ. Jesus constantly confronted them about their false teachings and hypocritical lifestyles. Many of them changed from this organized religion – Paul is one example.

The Epistles (letters): There were organized groups that mixed the gospel with certain lists of required works. They also sought to put pressure on believers to change and accept this new religion. Galatians and Colossians give warnings about such.

Revelation: Even in the end times, organized religion will have an impact on the world as the Antichrist sets up the one-world religion.

In most cases the end results of “organized religion” distract from the intent of God. However, the Bible does speak of organized Christians (believers) that are part of His plan. He calls them churches. The descriptions from the Book of Acts and the Epistles provide direction that the church is to be organized and interdependent. The organization leads to protection, productivity, and outreach (Acts 2:41-47).

 

 

i am theist and i dont know how to put it under my name Laughing out loud


tothiel
tothiel's picture
Posts: 43
Joined: 2007-09-11
User is offlineOffline
DeLgAdO wrote:wow thats a

DeLgAdO wrote:
wow thats a small number, god should have killed us all. He is so gracious and merciful! no one deserve to live, we are all wicked,evil, vile and radically depraved. He is none of those things. the so called "good atheist" doesnt exist, he takes credit for grace that didnt come from himself but from god, you see god works good even through unbelievers. and not on any merit they have whatsoever.

 

       Right, right, I suppose that’s an easy judgment to make considering… No wait, how in the hell would you know? Considering that the list you just rambled off is self defacing, I’m not so sure you’re qualified to make that judgment… or any judgment regarding moral matters.
      

      At the very least it’s safe to say that these are all qualities you recognize in yourself. So, while you probably think you're just being honest, what’s really taking place is you’re shooting yourself in the foot so to speak. You’ve simply left us with no reason to take your opinions or judgments seriously in light of your self admitted character flaws. As if that weren’t bad enough, and to further agitate things, even if one was to accept your position concerning our state of moral degradation, you’ve failed to pick up the link between the human condition and your Gods failure. Evil wouldn’t exist if not for your God; moreover, the fact that he can stop it but has instead chosen to let it fester, only speaks further to define your God as being morally bankrupt.
 

As through a glass darkly you seek yourself,
But the light grows weak while under Yggdrasil. --clutch


tothiel
tothiel's picture
Posts: 43
Joined: 2007-09-11
User is offlineOffline
DeLgAdO wrote:I can drive a

DeLgAdO wrote:
I can drive a psychiatrist through the wall because he knows what im saying is true.
Yea, I'm sure that's the problem.

As through a glass darkly you seek yourself,
But the light grows weak while under Yggdrasil. --clutch


Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
Posts: 440
Joined: 2008-02-07
User is offlineOffline
DeLgAdO wrote:I can drive a

DeLgAdO wrote:

I can drive a psychiatrist through the wall because he knows what im saying is true.

 

and you have a poor understanding of organized religion.

the Bible does talk of organized religion, and in many cases the purpose and impacts of "organized religion" are not something that God is pleased with. Listed below are a few examples of where organized religion is described.

Genesis 11:1-9: In perhaps the first instance of organized religion, the descendents of Noah organized themselves to build the tower under the belief system that if they could build it tall enough they would be saved. They believed that their unity was more important than their relationship with God. God stepped in and confused their languages, thus breaking up this religion.

Exodus 6 and following: God had given promises to Abram (Abraham) concerning a special relationship between his descendents and God. However, we see this “organized” for the nation beginning at the Exodus and working through the history of the Israelites. The Ten Commandments, Tabernacle, sacrifice system, etc., were all organized by God and to be followed by the Israelites. Further study of the New Testament clarifies that the end product of this religion was to lead the follower to Christ (Galatians 3; Romans 7). However, many have misunderstood this and have worshipped the elements rather than the True God.

Judges and following: Many of the conflicts experienced by the Israelites involved the conflict of organized religion. Examples include Baal (Judges 6; 1 Kings 18); Dagon (1 Samuel 5); Molech (2 Kings 23:10). God used these religions to display His power by defeating them.

The Gospels: The Pharisees and Sadducees represented organized religion at the time of Christ. Jesus constantly confronted them about their false teachings and hypocritical lifestyles. Many of them changed from this organized religion – Paul is one example.

The Epistles (letters): There were organized groups that mixed the gospel with certain lists of required works. They also sought to put pressure on believers to change and accept this new religion. Galatians and Colossians give warnings about such.

Revelation: Even in the end times, organized religion will have an impact on the world as the Antichrist sets up the one-world religion.

In most cases the end results of “organized religion” distract from the intent of God. However, the Bible does speak of organized Christians (believers) that are part of His plan. He calls them churches. The descriptions from the Book of Acts and the Epistles provide direction that the church is to be organized and interdependent. The organization leads to protection, productivity, and outreach (Acts 2:41-47).

 

 

In another post you claim your family is supposedly catholic but wouldn't know it unless you talked to them. Perhaps it is presumptuous of me to believe that you mean they don't openly wear their religion on their sleeves. Then you go on to state that organized religion can be almost blasphemous. I am seeing some form of disconnect here. Do you adhere to the teachings of the catholic church yourself or do you only follow what you decide is the truth as you see it?

I can honestly repect those that question the authority of any body, including religious organizations, that claims to have found the truth. This is an area that most "believers" and atheists can agree on. Most here openly oppose traditional religious belief but do not oppose individuals for holding whatever beliefs they hold in the privacy of their own minds. If you believe in xenu it doesn't affect my life in any way as long as you don't push your views on me. However, the majority of all believers attend church services of some type and those that do not are usually more open to critical thinking. I believe we can solve many of the problems of the world if we can find ways to look beyond our own misconceptions of others.

That being said, organized religion is a threat to the individual freedoms in the US (and the rest of the world for that matter) Atheists, such as myself, have no problem with calling bullshit to the power of organized religion in public policy decision making. Your statement that we have a poor understanding of organized religion is without merit. I believe that most of us here fully understand organized religion and that is why we openly stand against it and not against the right of individuals to hold beliefs that are not harmful to society.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS


Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
Posts: 440
Joined: 2008-02-07
User is offlineOffline
hazindu wrote:DeLgAdO

hazindu wrote:

DeLgAdO wrote:

wow thats a small number, god should have killed us all. He is so gracious and merciful!

That's right! We are all inherently evil and sinful because a woman made of a rib ate a magical fruit off a forbidden tree on the advice of a talking snake with legs in a mystical fairy garden in an episode set up by a vindictive, petty, racist, sexist, homophobic, magician in the sky who sent himself to sacrifice himself to himself as the only possible means of offering forgiveness to a select few gullible enough to believe such a load of horse shit.  Thank you god for your god damn grace...

Man, when you say it like that religion seems kind of silly. Thor doesn't make lightning but god came to Earth in the form of man as his own son to save mankind from himself. Isn't a snake with legs a lizard?

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS


thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
Posts: 1022
Joined: 2007-02-07
User is offlineOffline
You speak like your book has

You speak like your book has some kind of authority.  Would you like me to quote sections of the koran in reply, the bagva ghita, or maybe even harry potter?  Either way, all you're doing is invoking special pleading "these groups are bad, but our group is good because it is".

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/


DeLgAdO
Theist
Posts: 46
Joined: 2008-09-05
User is offlineOffline
actually i had no idea how

actually i had no idea how the catholic church worked till i became a christian.

Ive talked to my mom about it and she now hate me in a way because of my faith (ok she doesnt hate me but jsut what i believe). Her idea of god is this god is love new age one size fits all junk.

 

 

"Atheists, such as myself, have no problem with calling bullshit to the power of organized religion in public policy decision making."

actually persecution comes wit the faith, im open to the possibility of getting martyred by an angry offended unbeliever. Not anytime soon i hope though.

as for "I believe that most of us here fully understand organized religion and that is why we openly stand against it and not against the right of individuals to hold beliefs that are not harmful to society."

That statement self destructs.

 

and yea most that people go to church out of tradition and not knowing whats really going on. So here we have 80% of carnal unconvered souls taking up space in our churches without knowing much of anything, shoot i would ask you to take them off our hands, most of them would gladly convert to atheism if they truely knew about the god of the bible.

 

i understand the atheist, i dont agree with him, but i understand him in this way, that he knows about the TRUE god of the bible and hates him with all his heart mind soul and strength, but what i cant stand his these so called christians who claim they know god, go to church, get baptised, this and that and yet live just like the rest of the world. Loving EVERYTHING in the world and loving nothing thats gods.

 

i am theist and i dont know how to put it under my name Laughing out loud


DeLgAdO
Theist
Posts: 46
Joined: 2008-09-05
User is offlineOffline
 thingy wrote:You speak

 

thingy wrote:

You speak like your book has some kind of authority.  Would you like me to quote sections of the koran in reply, the bagva ghita, or maybe even harry potter?  Either way, all you're doing is invoking special pleading "these groups are bad, but our group is good because it is".

 bible doesnt talk like that, it more like

 

there is no one who does good, no not even one- Romans 3:10

i am theist and i dont know how to put it under my name Laughing out loud


EGWG
Posts: 5
Joined: 2008-02-29
User is offlineOffline
God Kills EVERYONE

Well, this forum was started off with a list of people God killed in scripture.


My response................SO???

 

Who cares if God killed anyone?

 

IF God exists, then He SHOULD be allowed to kill everyone because (in case you don't know) 10 out of 10 people die. I know that's surprising but its trueSmiling).

 

Just thought I would point that out.

 

With the Lord Jesus,

EGWG


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 10550
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
So in other words he's a

So in other words he's a complete asshole that doesn't deserve recognition, let alone worship.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Phantasm
Posts: 9
Joined: 2008-09-24
User is offlineOffline
SO? Your question is, who

SO? Your question is, who cares if God violently killed babies, children, toddlers and caused peoples bowels to fall out. That's your position, basically ' God can do what he wants, besides everyone dies someday'.

Let's break that down to this analogy and I'll even use the Bible, as the Bible says that animals are the property of men. Say a man, we'll call him Bob, owns 100 wonderful pet dogs, pick any breed you want. He tells them that he loves them, he provides for them, that they are just like his children, that they are precious to him. Now, Bob considers that 15 of the dogs are his chosen dogs, his special dogs and he loves them the most of all.

One day, one of the dogs bites one of his specially chosen dogs. This dis-pleases Bob. Bob orders his specially chosen dogs to tear to pieces the dog who did the biting. Then there was that day when one of the dogs was fornicating. Bob lit that dog on fire, assuring that that will never happen again. One of the stupid dogs actually looked at his burning friend, so Bob decided to teach that Dog a lesson, so he stuck the pup in the freezer, turning him into a frozen popsicle.

One particularly bad day, he just wasn't happy with his dogs any more, so he drowned them all but two in the tub.

So, I take it you don't have a problem with Bob killing all of his dogs. Afterall, they're his dogs and all life dies one day. That's your argument in a nutshell.  Sick.

 The reality is that anyone who would massacre a bunch of his pet dogs, would in any civilized society, be considered a psycopathic freak show.  Yet, your could care less that you believe God afflicted people with plagues that made their bowels fall out, not to mention all the women, children and babies he killed.  Not just killed, but violently killed in most cases!

 

Don't you find it odd that the Biblical authors never had God rain down heart attacks or have God will people out of existence?  It was always death via violence, drama, theatrics and spectacle!


Phantasm
Posts: 9
Joined: 2008-09-24
User is offlineOffline
Are you seriously suggesting

duplicate