I am not in this for the money.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am not in this for the money.

I am extremly thankful for Brian Sapient giving me my poetry thread. But I am under no illusions that anyone owes me gratitude or awards.

I certainly want credit for my words here. But I am not looking to become a billionaire or saint, or hero, or leader to any type of movement.

All 7 billion of us are the same species, the only thing I want any human to realize is that we are not a separate species.

The rich and the poor all die. I don't begrudge success nor do I want to end the private sector. But I do want those in power, those with the wealth, both friend and foe alike, to realize the plane takes off and lands, no matter who is in first class or coach.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 You don't begrudge success

You don't begrudge success because you want all the fruits of the sucess of others. I know how it works you write poetry, watch football and old TV shows, while others work hard to be sucessful. Then you demand the fruits of their hard work. You don't belong on the airplane because you don't want to do the hard work to buy you own damn ticket.

That is why we are headed to a civil war. The left insists on following their hearts, demanding free stuff for every citizen and illegal alien, but they don't want to be forced to pay the bill. The right to vote and any political power must be taken from the likes of you and it will be.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 No asshole, I don't

No asshole, I don't begrudge success the same way I have played bord games with family members in my childhood.

Don't project your bullshit on me asshole.

I have played plenty of childhood games where I was beaten and was beaten in those games. 

My late mother beat me at backgammon consistantly as  kid. What she never did was ambush me in the woods and break my nose like the bulliies on the block did.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog