Closer to Truth

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Closer to Truth

Any fans of the youtube video series 'Closer to Truth'?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=closer+to+truth

Questions:

Does the multiverse explain the fine tuning of our pocket universe?

What do you think of the arguments that we are very likely living in a simulation?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: Any fans of the

EXC wrote:

Any fans of the youtube video series 'Closer to Truth'?

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=closer+to+truth

Questions:

Does the multiverse explain the fine tuning of our pocket universe?

What do you think of the arguments that we are very likely living in a simulation?

I watched a video of QM scientists including M-Theorists and String Theorists hosted by Neil Degrass Tyson.

If the idea of an old mythological comic book super hero like Thor or Apollo make no sense as a gap answer, then why would any cognition be required as a starting point?

We are NOT a simulation, we are merely a finite result of current conditions.

It isn't enough to insert Jesus or Allah or Tron or the Power Rangers into explaining why we are here.

When an M-theorist says that "all this" be it a parallel universe, bubbleverse, are all a wave function, that says everything I need to know about human's importance.

Point is, just fucking accept that our species is a temporary blip in all this.

If that "simulation" had a bigger cognition, it would be still stuck with the problem of infinite regress in that bigger cognition needs an even bigger congnition to start it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:We are NOT a

Brian37 wrote:

We are NOT a simulation, we are merely a finite result of current conditions.

Sounds like a religious belief. If the cosmos is infinite, how could it produce something finite? If one divides up infinity, each portion is still infinite.

Brian37 wrote:

When an M-theorist says that "all this" be it a parallel universe, bubbleverse, are all a wave function, that says everything I need to know about human's importance.

Again "all this be" is infinite. So there are infinite pocket universes infinte many worlds. Which means infinte regression(Nietzsche's eternal return), infinite versions of our reality. Your smaill mind seems trapped in our tiny little pocket universe.

Brian37 wrote:

Point is, just fucking accept that our species is a temporary blip in all this.

Again temporary implies finite. You seem to not be able to grasp that the cosmos is likely infinite. For physicits, it is difficult to explain a comos that finite. Since the big bang happened once, it is likely that similar events happened an ininite number of times.

Alan Guth believes that a technolgically advanced enough society could create pocket universes which would in turn create and infiite number of pocket universes.

Brian37 wrote:

If that "simulation" had a bigger cognition, it would be still stuck with the problem of infinite regress in that bigger cognition needs an even bigger congnition to start it.

Whatever number you can imagine, there is always a number bigger than that number. We live in a cosmos where infinity exists, so why not infinite regress?

Why is infinite? Seems you are trying to force the cosmos to behave in a way that is easy for you to understand, not where the evidence goes. Humans are likely going to build computers that can simulate new realities and contain intellegent sentient beings. If those realities have sentient beings, they to could create a new simulation.

Max Tegmark explains his idea that the cosmos is a mathimetical structure. Mathematics has no problem with the infinite. It is brilliant, the theory of everthing is everything. But small minded humans do have a problem understanding infinity.

I don't think these ideas from all these brilliant minds are for your tiny brain that could never grasp the idea of infinity. Perhaps in you next return, scientists could give a larger brain.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen