Sports. I've given up hope for the afternoon soaps and a bottle of cold brew.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sports. I've given up hope for the afternoon soaps and a bottle of cold brew.

Spoofing a Styx song line in the title.

Ok, I have given up hope on my Redskins amounting to anything more than a astrich. But, the Ohio State Buckeyes were my late mother's all me matter. Today they are playing division rival Michigan Woverines, just lke the Cowboy's Redskins. I have resigned myself to the Skins sucking huge donkey balls, but please Buckeys, I am on the metaphorical Golden Gate bridge, purched on the sports edge, looking to end it all. Please Buckeyes, talk me off the edge.

GO BUCKEYES!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Why are you waisting anytime

Why are you waisting anytime watching sports or soap operas?

Healthcare is a human right, you need to be force to take care of the sick.

Housing is a human right, you need to be forced to repair nasty old homes for habitation.

Good food is a human right, you need to be forced to labor on a farm all day.

Government needs to force this upon you. No rest, until everyone has their human right. 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Why are you

EXC wrote:

Why are you waisting anytime watching sports or soap operas?

Healthcare is a human right, you need to be force to take care of the sick.

Housing is a human right, you need to be forced to repair nasty old homes for habitation.

Good food is a human right, you need to be forced to labor on a farm all day.

Government needs to force this upon you. No rest, until everyone has their human right. 

SHIT, I forgot, my  lot in life is to be a clone of you.

Hey asshole, you are the one saying "fuck you I got mine" is the only way to be an American.

Sorry to dissapoint you dumbass, but liberals don't all have to be Martin Luther King Jr, and yes, we are allowed to have our hobbies/interests too.

You need to get over your bullshit stereotype that liberals hate the private sector for valuing livable wages. You need to get over what old white people sold you that Reagan stupidly bought. 

FYI asshole I grew up in the DC area, yes it is arbitrary and meaningless that I root for the home team. It isn't life or death to me though asshole. I root for Ohio State because my late mother graduated from that college. Yea, that lifetime teacher, whom provided for me. 

Is sports meaningless? Compaired to global warming, poverty, and war? Yes. Is it meaningless in that we cant enjoy life sometimes? No.

Now, ask me if I give a fuck what you think? 

FYI dumbass, the "given up hope for the afternoon soaps, and a bottle of cold brew" is a spoof reference to the line in the Styx Song "Too Much Time On My Hands".

"Fuck you I got mine" is not an economic view. "All liberals hate the private sector" is also not an economic view. The bullshit others sold you is not my baggage.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seems you are saying fuck

Seems you are saying fuck you I've go mine every time you sit and drink beer and watch TV. The American dream for all the indoctrinated idiots. Why the fuck aren't you taking care of all these people that need housing, healthcare and food instead? How does your consumption of the products the NFL advertises reduce global warming?

It's only a human right if someone else has to sacrifice to take care of the masses, not you. Sit on your fucking couch you lazy SOB. Just don't tell what the fuck is a human right asswipe.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Seems you are

EXC wrote:

Seems you are saying fuck you I've go mine every time you sit and drink beer and watch TV. The American dream for all the indoctrinated idiots. Why the fuck aren't you taking care of all these people that need housing, healthcare and food instead? How does your consumption of the products the NFL advertises reduce global warming?

It's only a human right if someone else has to sacrifice to take care of the masses, not you. Sit on your fucking couch you lazy SOB. Just don't tell what the fuck is a human right asswipe.

No asshole, that would be you, not me. You seem to confuse caring for your neighbor as being paying thier bills directly for them. Never said or will claim it is your job to directly pay your neighbor's bills for them. 

It is however, good government policy to have tax laws and regulations that don't fuck the vunlerable over. If the rich always knew what was best for workers, the Great Depression nor Bush's great recession would have happened. 

If your view is, "all taxes are robbery" then yes, you are an asshole.

FYI when I donate to a charity, I NEVER take the paper I could file to get a tax deduction. Why? Because if I get money back for that charity, that means another tax payer has to compinsate for the money I don't pay in taxes. But, I bet an asshole like you stupidly thinks I have never given to charity.  No, I am not Bill Gates, but fuck you if you think I have never been charitable. 

In fact, was just watching a story today in the news how school districts are paying PRIVATE contrators as debt colletcters for parents who fail to pay their kids lunch bills in public schools. The easy solution is to have that district pay taxes for every kid's meals, instead of paying a private contractor more to collect what we as a society should all want, HEALTHY KIDS.

I don't have kids, but if taxes get raised so a kid dosn't go hungry, I am all for it. 

Oh, and one more thing fuckface. I had jobs from the time I was 17, and I am 52. I have worked all that time ecept for the 4 years I went to college. 

I have had a job at 7-11 where I would work over night from 10pm to 6 am, then come back again at 4pm, did that for years. I've had jobs at food joints where I would go in at 6am, and not leave until 10pm. So don't fucking lecture me about my work ethic. But no, I am not going to apologize for now being in a position where I can take it easy for now.

I am sure you sweat a bit in your life too. But the difference is, that I accept that I had a lot of help, and you stupidly think you live on an island.  If you can take it easy now, good for you, but the differnce is you are an asshole, and think you had no help.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
You're not caring for your

You're not caring for your neighbor when you just say the tax man should put a gun to my head and force me to give. Same as a theist praying god help those in need.

Get off your damn couch and help people if you're so compassionate. Why not have the government put a gun to your head and force you to clean a hospital rather than tax the shit out of me to pay for other's healthcare?

You're going to bitch about people loosing their obama care, so here, volunteer instead of watching you damn games.

https://money.howstuffworks.com/economics/volunteer/opportunities/volunteer-at-hospital.htm

I left US because of taxes and high cost of living, so I can't help. You have to live in a tent in US unless you're an open borders billionare.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Brian, it wouldn't make a

Brian, it wouldn't make a penny of difference if you did take the paper for your charitable contributions, you don't make enough to justify itemizing. Imagine how much more you could give if you had maximized your college degree and made a six-figure income. Instead, you chose a path that led to numerous low paying jobs. So you made college incrementally more expensive, and then took labor level jobs. Someone who didn't have the opportunity to go to college might be quite disgusted, especially when you got one of the few jobs they could qualify for.

Not that I am criticizing you, I think people ought to be free to contribute as much or as little to the economy as they wish. But you are constantly critical of those who have contributed vastly more than you have. You label those who make your relatively comfortable life possible as greedy and evil, while accusing them of being blind and ungrateful to those who helped them. If your self-centered narcissism wasn't so common, it would be funny.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X