"Fake News" and "enemy of the people". 45's dangerous rhetoric are why reporters like Khashoggi worldwide are under threat....

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Fake News" and "enemy of the people". 45's dangerous rhetoric are why reporters like Khashoggi worldwide are under threat....

This is a brave person. Meanwhile the orange turd keeps repeating "fake news" and has called reporters, "The enemy of the people".

The orange turd empowers dictators like Putin and Un and the Saudi family by repeating vile attacks on the press. I am not kidding, nor am I making this about economics or party. The current occupant of the White House is doing everything to undermine our institutions and checks on power.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/...cbd52ac519

Having interned in college in TV and worked in radio, I take the orange turd's vile attacks on reporters personally. And I don't want to hear shit about "presumption of innocence" because that has nothing to do with doing the investigation regardless of where the evidence leads. If you get your house broken into, shit stolen, but you are not there, you still have the right to call the cops and have THEM investigate it. This reporter going missing is even worse on the global scale. The whitewashing by the POTUS and kissing the ass of dictators like Putin and Un and now the Saudis sends a very dangerous message to reporters worldwide that we won't as America, hold them to account. No it isn't about starting wars, but it is about leading the world, and we are failing to do that because we have a bully in the office who is vilifying everyone to avoid scrutiny into his own past. This reporter died standing up to power, and he represents the good in humanity, the ability to tell bullies exactly what they are and exposing them for what they are.

I implore everyone reading this not to simply look at me and the amount I post here as "doing nothing". If you value an open society and free press and checks on power, then you can help too, by appealing to your local and national officials, anywhere in the west, in Europe and Canada and Mexico and Australia, ect ect ect. We cannot have journalists in the west living in fear of being murdered by mobs or dictators or theocracies.

I will not stop posting about this, here or elsewhere, and believe me, this is NOT the only place I post. I am looking at a long term picture, and where humans were before the Age Of Enlightenment, before our modern concepts on checks on dictator kings. I look at former open societies like Cuba and Iran and how fragile they can be. It isn't about starting wars or playing world police for me. It is about protecting the idea of being able to challenge those in power and to prevent the abuse of power. Journalism is that check, and without it, we will be nothing but objects to those with power.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
 You're so brave Brian.

You're so brave Brian.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Trump is merely the most

Trump is merely the most recent in a long line of presidents, including Obama, who have financed and supported Saudi Arabia. Don't be a hypocrite.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

You're so brave Brian.

Where the fuck did I claim I was brave? Exact quotes please.

There is a reality for humanity, beyond me or what anyone thinks of me. And that choice is do we allow greed and power to dictate our future as a species? I could care less what people think of me personally.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Mr. Free Speech and Open

Mr. Free Speech and Open Society, do you have anything to say about the intimidation of speakers at UC Berkeley and other places by Antifa and other SJW groups?

You want so much money and power to go to political leaders instead of leaving it with the individual. Then you are shocked and appalled when such leaders repress to maintain their wealth and power. The only way to rid the world of repressive leaders is stop giving them so much power and money in the first place.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Trump is merely

Vastet wrote:
Trump is merely the most recent in a long line of presidents, including Obama, who have financed and supported Saudi Arabia. Don't be a hypocrite.

This isn't about Saudi Arabia, this is about REPORTERS!

We do not live on an island, we also deal with Cuba and China and North Korea, and always have, under both parties. I am well aware of how oppressive that theocracy is. 

In a perfect world I'd tell the Saudis to fuck off and let them rot. Problem with creating a power vacuum in that part of the world is it will cause regional instability and could lead to a global war. I wish it was that simple. I wish we didn't have to deal with Iran or Saudi Arabia or China or North Korea or Cuba. Isolationism does not work regardless because we dont live on a flat indefinate planet. But if we want to keep our open societies in the west, we have every duty and responsibility to protect that vital institution of reporters.

The President's own behaivor of vilifying reporters since the start of his run saying "fake news" and " enemy of the people" and again just last night implying it is acceptable behavior to body slam a reporter, are the behaviors of despots and dictators, not the leader of an open society in the west.

The orange turd's behavior is toxic to a open free society. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Trump is also not the only

Trump is also not the only president to criticise the media. And the media do need to be criticised. Every single one of your media outlets is now as shrill and irrational and full of lies as faux news. The media needs a kick in the face. I doubt very much Trump's attacks will fix anything, but one can dream.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.