Haven't been here for a while

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Haven't been here for a while

I had forgotten this group, sorry - haven't been here for two or more years - became a member 10 years ago, not sure anymore.

Could it be given a new face?

It looks too old.

Is it expensive to modernize it?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Time consuming and

Time consuming and semi-expensive both I think. Personally I like it though. It actually still holds up well compared to other forums. Even big forums like reddit and gamefaqs look like garbage compared to this site.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Understood.By the way, one

Understood.

By the way, one area where it perhaps needs attention is that it does not send me emails about new replies or posts - also why is a member not allowed to see his/her activity log and allowed to delete files/posts?

FB has that facility, like Google Plus, and others.

One should have access to that activity log and be able to delete one's posts.

Another thing, if one is not allowed to delete one's account, that would mean that the number of members in the group does not represent the real activity - in other words, having say 10 thousand members where most no longer participate is an unaccuate information - am I wrong?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
People aren't allowed to

People aren't allowed to delete posts because it is a potential violation of conversation. As a site focused on debate, it is not right for people to say something and not be called to account for it or remove it after it was responded to which would allow people to say they didn't say something that they did. Most everything anyone ever said on this site is still available to read. Only a very few exceptions exist, which to my knowledge is exclusively: trolls, illegal activity, spamming, and the occasional mistake by a moderator.

You should be able to subcribe to topics which would give you notifications.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.