Thank you Mom!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15681
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Thank you Mom!

 

No, I did not do it all by myself. 

 

The main reason i am now in a brand new home is because my late mother saved her entire life and left me with a buffer. But on top of that, there were the workers who made the manufactured home I am now in, the labor who paved the highways who allowed the drivers to move it to my property. 

 

Because of my late mother, and the countless people who educated her from grade school, to her college degree, and her lifetime of saving, I can live in a brand new house. NOBODY EVER does anything by themselves. If you can tie you own shoelaces someone not only had to teach you, but someone had to make them.

 

My mom was/ and still is my hero. I have it better now because of her work and saving. 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4898
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 Cool. What kind of house?

 Cool. What kind of house?


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15681
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 16 foot by 72 foot single

 

16 foot by 72 foot single wide grey with black shutters and white skirt, 3 bedroom AND a kitchen island. Asked a guy at a real wine and beer bar at a beach where he got his bar stools he told me Home Depot, but Lowes also sold them, I bought 4 but man those things were a bitch to assemble because they used Allen wrench screws.  Well worth the effort though.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4125
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: , I bought 4

Brian37 wrote:

 

, I bought 4 but man those things were a bitch to assemble because they used Allen wrench screws.  Well worth the effort though.

Why would they be a bitch to assemble just because they used Allen head screws ?  Are you really that easily baffled ?

I hope you never have to assemble anything that uses Torx head screws. 

  

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5441
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:NOBODY EVER

Brian37 wrote:

NOBODY EVER does anything by themselves. 

And some people do nothing. 


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5441
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: 16 foot by

Brian37 wrote:

 

16 foot by 72 foot single wide grey with black shutters and white skirt, 3 bedroom AND a kitchen island. Asked a guy at a real wine and beer bar at a beach where he got his bar stools he told me Home Depot, but Lowes also sold them, I bought 4 but man those things were a bitch to assemble because they used Allen wrench screws.  Well worth the effort though.

Cool, sounds comfortable. Welcome to the joys of home-ownership.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15681
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 

, I bought 4 but man those things were a bitch to assemble because they used Allen wrench screws.  Well worth the effort though.

Why would they be a bitch to assemble just because they used Allen head screws ?  Are you really that easily baffled ?

I hope you never have to assemble anything that uses Torx head screws. 

  

It's called humor!

 

It is far easier to remove a flat head screw driver or Phillip's head screw driver from their resprective screws than it is an Allen wrech from an Allen wrench screw. I'd admit that it is more like the Betanax video tape of screw drivers, better quality but hader to handle.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15681
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

NOBODY EVER does anything by themselves. 

And some people do nothing. 

 

Yea, keep thinking that. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15681
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 

16 foot by 72 foot single wide grey with black shutters and white skirt, 3 bedroom AND a kitchen island. Asked a guy at a real wine and beer bar at a beach where he got his bar stools he told me Home Depot, but Lowes also sold them, I bought 4 but man those things were a bitch to assemble because they used Allen wrench screws.  Well worth the effort though.

Cool, sounds comfortable. Welcome to the joys of home-ownership.

 

I'd prefere to still be living in my old dumpster with my mom alive, but yea. There is a trade off. Old homes require money and work, but so do new homes. But those bar stools were a bitch to put together, but now I can literally brag that I have bar stools that a REAL BAR uses. 

 

Trust me Beyond, even you, as much as we fight, if you walked in my house today, you'd be like "DAMN".  I am a pain in the ass to everyone, glad to adimit it, but on my transition to my old house to this new one, I impressed myself. My mom would be proud, but the only thing she would do if alive today is slap me on the back of the head and say, "What took you so long?"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37