Anthony Bourdain committed suicide in France.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15621
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Anthony Bourdain committed suicide in France.

 

Most recently known for "Parts Unknown" on CNN. Chef and travel and food writer with a elequent writing style. He will be missed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/anthony-bourdain-obit/index.html

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4111
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
 I get that since he was a

 I get that since he was a celebrity his death will receive heavy coverage but I certainly won't miss him. Whatever his claim to fame was he was frequently an insufferable jerk toward others. He even admitted on his own Reddit account that as a younger version of himself that he would have raided the medicine cabinet of anyone who would have invited him into their home as a guest ( he suffered from drug addiction issues ). In fact when I first saw the headline there was no mention of suicide so I assumed he must have overdosed.

Lots of ass holes have fame and enviable skills but that doesn't mean they're any less of a shmuck just because they died.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13096
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Who?

Who?

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15621
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
  If you don't watch

 

If you don't watch cooking shows or travel shows it would be understandable that you don't know who he is. His last travel show was in production on CNN, and again, he was famous in cooking and travel circles. I only happen to know of him because of his prior show on The Travel Channel. 

 

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Bourdain

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13096
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
I don't really care. He's a

I don't really care. He's a nobody who did nothing of value yet has been given celebrity status for some mind boggling reason.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4898
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I don't really

Vastet wrote:
I don't really care. He's a nobody who did nothing of value yet has been given celebrity status for some mind boggling reason.

Another person like the Kardashians who are nothing more than white trash who gained spot light attention because their father was on the OJ defense team.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15621
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Vastet

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
I don't really care. He's a nobody who did nothing of value yet has been given celebrity status for some mind boggling reason.

Another person like the Kardashians who are nothing more than white trash who gained spot light attention because their father was on the OJ defense team.

 

I think it is bullshit to make blaket stereotypes about all famous people. Bordaine's shows were not about just food, they were also about humanity and his shows exposed the world to everyone. He wouldn't have wanted anyone to worship him. He was a liberal and he  dispised Trump and our right wing in America. His shows were not "mind rot" like the Karddipshits. 

Food and travel are a very damned good way to foster tollerance and kill bigotry. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13096
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Noone has made any blanket

Noone has made any blanket statements and this asshole hasn't done anything 50 million youtubers haven't done.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5409
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 It seems to me that

 It seems to me that entertaining people is something of substantial value.  


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13096
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
I disagree. Everyone

I disagree. Everyone entertains someone. That's common, not valuable.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4111
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Food and

Brian37 wrote:

Food and travel are a very damned good way to foster tollerance and kill bigotry. 

Maybe you could tell Antifa about your "food and travel" theory in the  leftist fight againt bigotry. According to media coverage they seem to prefer committing acts of assault and vandalism at the moment.

 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4898
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
I don't really care. He's a nobody who did nothing of value yet has been given celebrity status for some mind boggling reason.

Another person like the Kardashians who are nothing more than white trash who gained spot light attention because their father was on the OJ defense team.

 

I think it is bullshit to make blaket stereotypes about all famous people. Bordaine's shows were not about just food, they were also about humanity and his shows exposed the world to everyone. He wouldn't have wanted anyone to worship him. He was a liberal and he  dispised Trump and our right wing in America. His shows were not "mind rot" like the Karddipshits. 

Food and travel are a very damned good way to foster tollerance and kill bigotry. 

I really don't seem him as being famous as much as being well-known.

He could come across as a dick sometimes, but he did champion the lesser crowd. His best shows were Parts Unknown and No Reservations were real. The street food was the most entertaining of them.

I liked that he spoke out against sexual abuses and even challenged others in his field to stop.

For a person who had so much going for him, he must have been extremely depressed.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3780
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I think it is

Brian37 wrote:

I think it is bullshit to make blaket stereotypes about all famous people. Bordaine's shows were not about just food, they were also about humanity and his shows exposed the world to everyone. He wouldn't have wanted anyone to worship him. He was a liberal and he  dispised Trump and our right wing in America. His shows were not "mind rot" like the Karddipshits. 

Food and travel are a very damned good way to foster tollerance and kill bigotry. 

So doesn't his suicide help prove the alt-right is correct? That the 'progressive' left is mentally ill, suicidal and the want to drag the rest of society down with them into their pit of despair about all the injustices.

Didn't the jets his crew flew on pump massive amounts of CO2 into the air?

People would to love travel more and eat out in nice restarurants. But instead we all must pay massive taxes to support the welfare state. So it was just a show to make the poor and working class jealous.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13096
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Says the idiot who wouldn't

Says the idiot who wouldn't be alive without taxes and wouldn't be spouting his stupidity across the internet without taxes either. Hypocrite scum.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3780
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Says the idiot

Vastet wrote:
Says the idiot who wouldn't be alive without taxes and wouldn't be spouting his stupidity across the internet without taxes either. Hypocrite scum.

Ridiculous argument. Would there still be no light bulbs is Tom Edison had never inveted it first? Would there be no airplanes today without the Wright brothers? Would there be no internet today had the US military not funded DARPA net? Only USA taxpayers could have funded it?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13096
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Ridiculous

EXC wrote:
Ridiculous argument.

A new record! Two lies in two words! Impressive.
1: It is a statement of fact not an argument.
2: It is true not ridiculous.

EXC wrote:
Would there still be no light bulbs is Tom Edison had never inveted it first?

Edison didn't invent shit. And there's a difference between inventing something and a government paying to make sure everyone has access to it.

EXC wrote:
Would there be no airplanes today without the Wright brothers?

There'd be a lot more accidents without taxes that funded air traffic controllers and mechanical safety.

EXC wrote:
Would there be no internet today had the US military not funded DARPA net? Only USA taxpayers could have funded it?

Only the military would have access to it.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3780
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: There'd be a

Vastet wrote:
There'd be a lot more accidents without taxes that funded air traffic controllers and mechanical safety.

But isn't the enlighted left in favor of air traffic controllers and mechanics being union members? When these unions go on strike, I'm supposed to be on their side against the government. So these unions are really the ones suppling the service, not the goverment. So why not cut out the middleman(the tax man) and pay the workers that provide a service directly?

The governments only role should be to make a set of rules about the use of airspace and safety. If anyone is forced to pay, it should be those that use the service and those that break the rules.

Why should people that don't fly pay for those that do? That is what you get with taxes instead of paying the service provider directly.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13096
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:But isn't the

EXC wrote:
But isn't the enlighted left in favor of air traffic controllers and mechanics being union members? When these unions go on strike, I'm supposed to be on their side against the government. So these unions are really the ones suppling the service, not the goverment. So why not cut out the middleman(the tax man) and pay the workers that provide a service directly?

Then you'd get strikes faster as corporations have consistently proved they can't take sufficient care of workers without government regulations. As bad as governments are with strikes, corporations are so much worse.

EXC wrote:
The governments only role should be to make a set of rules about the use of airspace and safety.

Which they cannot do without resources to investigate and would be pointless without personnel to enforce. You're the most clueless idiot to ever walk the Earth.

EXC wrote:
If anyone is forced to pay, it should be those that use the service and those that break the rules.

Noone can be forced to pay without both the requirements I just mentioned and a justice system to penalize when necessary.
Also, everyone benefits whether they fly or not. You don't have to be in a plane to be killed by one.

EXC wrote:
Why should people that don't fly pay for those that do?

Just told you.

EXC wrote:
That is what you get with taxes instead of paying the service provider directly.

Yep. You get planes not falling out of the sky and killing you. Great argument for taxes.

Thank you come again.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.