Are Christians 50% Jewish?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Are Christians 50% Jewish?

If Christians follow the old testament does that make the 50% Jewish?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
There's probably 20

There's probably 20 different answers to that question lol

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Jew is not a race, it is a

Jew is not a race, it is a religion just like every other religion. Hindu is also not a race, neither is Buddhism. 

You can't leave your facial features or skin tone. But you can say to yourself, "These claims do not make any sense. "

You can be a former Jew just like you can be a former Christian. 

"Race" is an artifcial construct. Racism does exist, yes. And any group can be a target of racism. But our DNA proves we are all the same speices.

A couple can, for example, migrate from China, have a child in America who will not have the same social experiance than if they did if that same couple stayed in China. That child too, can grow up to buy Christianity, or something else. And for that matter, since we are the same species, and we have always migrated and mixed, it is also possible for a black person to marry a white person, or a Jew to marry a Muslim, or an atheist to marry a Catholic. Mixed marriages exist.

In my 17 years online I have read stories about people scrapping their prior religions, and talked to people who have scrapped their prior religions. I have talked to former Muslims, former Hindus, former Christians , former Buddhists.

Prior to the start of the Hebrew religion, polytheists occupied that same region. If you did a DNA test of a wide swath of those who live in Mesopotamia you'd find that Jews and Muslims have lots of common ancestors. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Trust Brian to post a bunch

Trust Brian to post a bunch of off topic unasked for opinions because he's too stupid to understand the question.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Trust Brian to

Vastet wrote:
Trust Brian to post a bunch of off topic unasked for opinions because he's too stupid to understand the question.

Trust Vastet to act like a child over an old beef.

That entire region of Mesopotamia has been fought over by all three religions of Abraham. Hebrew was the first version, Christian was the second version and Islam was the latest version. I could care less what percentage who was what because prior to Muslims or Christians or Jews living in that same geography, polytheists whom the Jews were spun off of existed prior.

Lite beer is beer, Ford and Chevy are still cars. And humans compete with religion and get their ideas from prior and surrounding motifs. So I could care less if one wants to argue if Christians are 50% Jews, we are all still 100% human.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Trust Brian to be stupid

Trust Brian to be stupid enough to think everything critical of him has to be an old beef and completely ignore his own stupidity when real issues with his stupidity and lack of reading comprehension are pointed out.

Also trust Brian to be so incredibly retarded as to think my beef with him is old when every time the waste of skin posts he does exactly what got me after him in the first place. Brian is literally the dumbest excuse for a human in all of history.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Trust Vastet to act like a child over an old beef.

That entire region of Mesopotamia has been fought over by all three religions of Abraham. Hebrew was the first version, Christian was the second version and Islam was the latest version. I could care less what percentage who was what because prior to Muslims or Christians or Jews living in that same geography, polytheists whom the Jews were spun off of existed prior.

Lite beer is beer, Ford and Chevy are still cars. And humans compete with religion and get their ideas from prior and surrounding motifs. So I could care less if one wants to argue if Christians are 50% Jews, we are all still 100% human. 

Vas is right on this one... You went completely off topic in the first sentence.