It's a small world after all.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's a small world after all.

My younger biological sister lost her adoptive father this past week unfortunatly. She and I were put up for adoption and did not grow up together. I found it ironic alone that for 8 years when we were young, we grew up mere miles away from each other never knowing, until I found her as an adult.

We finally met in the mid 90s as adults. But here is something I did not know until this morning as she posted details about his life. Her dad flew helicopters for a few Predidents. 

Irony? My late uncle who passed away in 88, flew back up for Air Force 1 and was in that famous photograph in the background, although you cant see his full face, of Jacky standing next to the Vice President being sworn in as President, that day in Dallas.

So her dad and my uncle served Presidents. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: My younger

Brian37 wrote:

My younger biological sister lost her adoptive father this past week unfortunatly. She and I were put up for adoption and did not grow up together. I found it ironic alone that for 8 years when we were young, we grew up mere miles away from each other never knowing, until I found her as an adult.

We finally met in the mid 90s as adults. But here is something I did not know until this morning as she posted details about his life. Her dad flew helicopters for a few Predidents. 

Irony? My late uncle who passed away in 88, flew back up for Air Force 1 and was in that famous photograph in the background, although you cant see his full face, of Jacky standing next to the Vice President being sworn in as President, that day in Dallas.

So her dad and my uncle served Presidents. 

Interesting

I believe that he (Johnson) was sworn in on Air Force One.

There are other pictures, maybe you can see more of his face in one of them

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Yes Johnson was sworn in

Yes Johnson was sworn in on Air Force one, but Air Force Two was there that day as well and my uncle was invited onto Air Force 1 to be witness.

My uncle died in 88. I wouldn't remember his face as he was much younger back then and my uunt couldn't tell you either other than that he was on that plane in the background not in full view. 

But my piont in all this is that despite both my biological sister and I being adopted out to different families, even with that there was a good chance, although we will never know, that with overlap in those piolot positions, at a minimum because both served close to the white house, they probably knew many of the same people, even if they never met personally.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37