I think survivors of firearm violence should take a page out of the WW2 Jews playbook.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15580
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
I think survivors of firearm violence should take a page out of the WW2 Jews playbook.

 

Now before anyone responds, this STILL IS NOT a call for a 100% ban on all firearms. But a tactic of a cautionary tale of what not to do in the future.

If you do not have the job of police, or EMT or ER doctors or M.E. at the morgue, the most society sees in the news are filtered clips and interviews with survivors. No, I do not think it is always good to display REAL graphic violence of REAL humans dying.

But, having said that, maybe it would be good, if you had a loved one die, from domestic murder, accidental, suicide, street, workplace grudge, or mass shooting. Maybe it is time those who have control over the dead being family members, maybe they should send their state and congressional leaders unfiltered pics. NO not for the general public, just for that politiician. I do not think enough politicians see what police and emergancy rooms and morgues see. 

I also think it would be good, in public schools, to show videos of what firearm damage can do to the human body, no not real humans, but say gell mock ups or wax mock ups or even watermellons. 

The point isn't to end all firearm sales, but to change how our society views them. Firearms are NOT TOYS, and should always be treated like they can kill you at any moment. 

I am 51, when I was a kid, my dad had NO RECORD when he bought his firearms LEGALLY. But that did not stop him from getting drunk off his ass one day and firing his 38 with me in the room. I have TWO peices of furnature with bullet holes in them from thtat event. 

I am simply tired of hearing about all the violence and death. It isn't just a urban issue. I hear about shootings and murders even out here in the sticks of coastal North Carolina. Firearm violence is not a skin tone or party issue, it is a public safety issue. 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4858
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 I'm not sure what your

 I'm not sure what your point is? A majority who do mass shootings buy the guns legally


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13031
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
As if a few pictures can

As if a few pictures can outweigh millions of dollars.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15580
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote: I'm

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 I'm not sure what your point is? A majority who do mass shootings buy the guns legally

I agree. It is a lie that most firarm injury and death is ouside the home in a wild west movie. Regardless of legality of purchase, most firearm injuries and deaths happen in the home with someone the person knows. Suicide is the biggest, domestic violence and accidental constitute the  bulk of injury/death. 

But even with mass shootings, you are correct. Va Tec, Vegas hotel, Newtown, were all examples of legally perchased weapons. 

My point, regardless of legality, too many of our fellow Americans urban, suburban and rural are getting injured or dying beause of our flooded market and ease of access.

I think anyone who is a witness to, or family member of a victim, should send their local, state and national politicians the unsensored pictures of the injuries and crime sceen and autopsy photos. 

I think anyone who wants all the firearm violence to stop, no matter in the home, on the streets, or workplace grudge or mass shooting. I think everyone who wants to reduce this is anytime you are affected, or even merely see it on the news, on a daily basis, or when you can, forward every event story to your local, state and national officials. 

It is still up to the family of the dead, to send the graphic stuff. I am not saying make the graphic stuff public, but just for the eyes of the politician refusing to act to reduce firearm violence. 

The issue has been decades long. One industry and it's lobby has been using fear marketing to protect the profits of one industry.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15580
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:As if a few

Vastet wrote:
As if a few pictures can outweigh millions of dollars.

 

Yea, because depicting acts of violence didn't get the Holocaust Museum built. I am glad it exists because it is a reminder of how we should NOT treat our fellow human beings. 

 

I hate this pessimistic attitude that big money can't be beat. If that were the case, then the Civil Rights movement wouldn't have succedded. 

 

The gun safety movement is GROWING. And just like the Women's March  this weekend's "A March For Our Lives" rally had more attendees than President Shithole's enaguration.

 

The only thing one can argue is that the GOP and NRA have made it difficult yes. 

 

There are more than a "few" firearm deaths in America. The amound of firearm deaths in America over the past decade rivals or exceeds any given war America has been in. 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13031
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
The museum was built, and

The museum was built, and still thousands of people say there was no holocaust. A picture is not going to outweigh the millions of dollars in funding, never mind the simple stubborness that people have in spades. You want to fight the rich, elect Sanders and let him abolish all that which makes the rich so powerful at election time. Don't ask to make politicians look at pictures as if that will change anything.

Also, don't assume too much about these movements. Others have come and fallen apart, and they took on much more problematic issues than gender equality or gun ownership. Where is anonymous today? They took scientology down a peg then fell apart. Where is occupy wall street? They stood against the extreme injustice of the rich 1% making everyone elses lives a chore, today there's no sign of them. Attention spans have gone to shit. Two years from now both metoo and the march will be ancient forgotten history that made a few small changes but overall the same problems still exist..

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4102
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
 Uncensored pictures of

 Uncensored pictures of firearm carnage ?  It's only a mouse click away.  You must not spend much time on the internet Brian.

 

 

 

 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15580
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:The museum was

Vastet wrote:
The museum was built, and still thousands of people say there was no holocaust. A picture is not going to outweigh the millions of dollars in funding, never mind the simple stubborness that people have in spades. You want to fight the rich, elect Sanders and let him abolish all that which makes the rich so powerful at election time. Don't ask to make politicians look at pictures as if that will change anything. Also, don't assume too much about these movements. Others have come and fallen apart, and they took on much more problematic issues than gender equality or gun ownership. Where is anonymous today? They took scientology down a peg then fell apart. Where is occupy wall street? They stood against the extreme injustice of the rich 1% making everyone elses lives a chore, today there's no sign of them. Attention spans have gone to shit. Two years from now both metoo and the march will be ancient forgotten history that made a few small changes but overall the same problems still exist..

Holocaust deniers exist?

I'm Wolf Blitzer in the Situation Room, our top story tonight "YOU DON'T SAY?"

Delusional people exist so do nothing? That's your argument?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13031
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Typical Brian failing to

Typical Brian failing to comprehend the forest for the trees, and lying because he's a fucking retard.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3758
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:getting drunk

Brian37 wrote:
getting drunk off his ass one day and firing his 38 with me in the room. 

 

How well did prohibiting alcohol work? Why would prohibiting guns work any better? Prohibition failed because it is too easy for criminal gangs and individuals to make hooch. So will gun control.

The Nazis would have never dragged Jews out of their homes and onto trains if they were heavily armed.

The reason you dad was that way was because his parents were not prepared to be good parents. A sane, rational society would have prevented his parents from having kids. That is the only regulation that will work to lower violence.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13031
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
lol in the same post EXC

lol in the same post EXC shows how prohibition doesn't work then demands prohibition. What an idiot.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.