Katrina And The Waves

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15494
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Katrina And The Waves

 

Remember when Fuckwell and Robertnuts said Katrina was punishment for liberals because of pro choice advocates and gays? So does this mean that when Harvey clobbers a deeply red state that is God saying, "Hey assholes, don't be dicks to minorities!"? Watch these sickos run from their own blame game argument when their followers go through it too. I find it vile logic that anyone would value the idea of revenge in such a carpet bombing manor. 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1506
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
Be comforted with

the idea that "prospectively" when something  in your life turn to shit---it's God's fault. At least that's what the clergy types in your post imply. So don't worry, when these guys and their ideas die--they were unrighteous just as anyone else and are being. punished for their misdeeds. But the odd part about it is, they say they go to heaven and you don't. What they belive is---God does good and evil ,(but they can't/don't explain how that works). So if you're going down so are they. But we know better don't we. I wonder what they'll come up with when the Big One hit Los Angeles. Wouldn't you think that floks in LA know there's going to be a big one---but yet they live there and go right on sinning. Pat Robberson isn't telling them either is he?.  So, rather then save their asses he'll just sit and do nothing and complain after it's over. Tsk tsk. 

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15494
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:the idea that

Old Seer wrote:

the idea that "prospectively" when something  in your life turn to shit---it's God's fault. At least that's what the clergy types in your post imply. So don't worry, when these guys and their ideas die--they were unrighteous just as anyone else and are being. punished for their misdeeds. But the odd part about it is, they say they go to heaven and you don't. What they belive is---God does good and evil ,(but they can't/don't explain how that works). So if you're going down so are they. But we know better don't we. I wonder what they'll come up with when the Big One hit Los Angeles. Wouldn't you think that floks in LA know there's going to be a big one---but yet they live there and go right on sinning. Pat Robberson isn't telling them either is he?.  So, rather then save their asses he'll just sit and do nothing and complain after it's over. Tsk tsk. 

 

It's not Yoda or Batman's fault either. That is not why I posted this. I can't hate a fictional being. I do hate however bad logic. I find it vile that religion gets used to imply threats to others, that is what this is about. I love the empathetic left but it is still the ame hero those assholes invoke the name of to get attention. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15494
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 The other aspect of an

 

The other aspect of an event like this is unlike the far right, I want FEMA to help Texas, not because I like their being dominated by the religious or the bullshit austerity economics. I want them helped because first and formost they are human beings. But also the more stable human beings are the less problems our economy has long term. 

They shout "cut cut cut cut" but will be the first to ask for federal help now. The only thing I want these assholes to stop doing is using religion to vilify liberals. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3696
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: The other

Brian37 wrote:

 

The other aspect of an event like this is unlike the far right, I want FEMA to help Texas, not because I like their being dominated by the religious or the bullshit austerity economics. I want them helped because first and formost they are human beings. But also the more stable human beings are the less problems our economy has long term. 

They shout "cut cut cut cut" but will be the first to ask for federal help now. The only thing I want these assholes to stop doing is using religion to vilify liberals. 

Completely false dichotomy. You present the choice as between the Federal government must help these people or noone can. People can use money they would otherwise pay in taxes to charity or volunteer their time to help those in need. A rational sociey would not need to use deadly force to make people help those in need. So please stop arguing against the strawman that if some doesn't support giving big government a blank check, they want people to die.

Government is a business. They and the media have trained you well to believe you have to choice but to vote for their product. Sorry I'm not buying it. The Sandy hurricane aid was a total scam. Pork thrown into the bill. Most of the aid going to homeowners with beachfront property near NYC(aka the 1%), that were too cheap to buy insurance.

Also, there is a moral hazard with disaster relief in that people will not plan for disaster, buy insurance and they'll live again in flood prone areas. But the concept of moral hazard is way beyond the ability of any libtard to comprehend, so why bother?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15494
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Brian37

EXC wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

 

The other aspect of an event like this is unlike the far right, I want FEMA to help Texas, not because I like their being dominated by the religious or the bullshit austerity economics. I want them helped because first and formost they are human beings. But also the more stable human beings are the less problems our economy has long term. 

They shout "cut cut cut cut" but will be the first to ask for federal help now. The only thing I want these assholes to stop doing is using religion to vilify liberals. 

Completely false dichotomy. You present the choice as between the Federal government must help these people or noone can. People can use money they would otherwise pay in taxes to charity or volunteer their time to help those in need. A rational sociey would not need to use deadly force to make people help those in need. So please stop arguing against the strawman that if some doesn't support giving big government a blank check, they want people to die.

Government is a business. They and the media have trained you well to believe you have to choice but to vote for their product. Sorry I'm not buying it. The Sandy hurricane aid was a total scam. Pork thrown into the bill. Most of the aid going to homeowners with beachfront property near NYC(aka the 1%), that were too cheap to buy insurance.

Also, there is a moral hazard with disaster relief in that people will not plan for disaster, buy insurance and they'll live again in flood prone areas. But the concept of moral hazard is way beyond the ability of any libtard to comprehend, so why bother?

 

Oh fuck off asshole. This is far bigger than the budget of Texas as a state can handle, GO FUCK YOURSELF.

 

But if you want to get fucking stupid and claim the state could handle it on it's own, which is utter bullshit, you'd still be stuck with who pays for it considering you claim the rich should never have their taxes raised. WELL ASSHOLE, if billionaires don't get their taxes raised ever then who ends up having to make up for what they don't pay? Oh yea we can just keep borrowing and not worry about a future bubble.

Nope sorry fuckface but, "fuck you I got mine" is not an economic policy, never has been, never will be.

Just admit your attitude is "die quickly" if you cant afford it. But don't hand me any fucking bullshit that 36 years of GOP austerity has worked. If it did, nobody would be bitching. 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3696
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
This sweet, I'm sure I pay

This sweet, I'm sure I pay many times more than you in taxes to support things like FEMA. Same with with Trump and Republicans. We pay the taxes, but you take all the credit for empathy and sympathy because of your great sacrifice of supporting forced charity with other people's money.

Sorry but people are not dumb enough to fall for your virtue signalling crap. If you had any real charity or empathy you'd take a second job or educate yourself to make more money and then give it to the victims. Instead you let yourself stay paralyzed by a self-pity party about how the rich just fuck you over. Sorry but charity with other people's hard earned money doesn't count as compassion.

We've seen pleanty of people willing and able to help out. One guy even bought a boat just to rescue people. In your dream world does big daddy government just do everything? We never need to decide to do charity because the decision has been made for us already? Slave world.

A lot of this aid now is going to people that bought a nice home but were too cheap to buy flood insurance. These people made a bet and lost, there are pleanty of people that never had a home we could give charity.

Also, you can't tax billionairs, they can move their wealth whereever, whenever they please. One of the privledges of being rich. You can tax economic activity, which is mostly a tax on workers and consumers. Why do you think Bill Gates buys PMSNBC and Jeff Bezos the Washington Compost? They care about you? They made it into the club and they want to stay there so the feed you leftist crap about tax the rich, let in hoards of immigrants. They grow their wealth while the working man pays the price. You are their useful idiot.

 

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen