Trump's taxes

Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
Trump's taxes

What's the big deal. I'm not for or against Trumper in the instance but, what law has he gone against. As best I know it's not reqired to pay taxes to be president of anything in the US of mA. All he did  what every corporation and business and rich guy  has done as is allowed to do, so he didn't pay taxes and Hillary did. I still don't particualrly feel like jumping to either side, Everyone I know won't pay any taxes they don't have to. Political adolesence I say.

When it comes to Women---I've heard just the likes in any Marine Barraks of my day. I've even heard as such at the bar down the street. I've even heard a lady say at one time, rub a man's balls and he'll follow you to the bedroom. What the hell fricken planet are we on anyway. There Are plenty ladies on internet porn that show the truth of the matter. I can see it now--Gunny Hartman with a big grin on,um face. I can imagine what other polititians say in the back rooms.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
 Both Trump and Clinton

 Both Trump and Clinton suck, but Trump is a con man and one I can not trust. At least with Clinton I know what I'm getting. A politician who knows the game only the national as well as international stage.

Trump is either the dumbest idiot in the world or he is a fucking genius.

I believe Trump will continue to sabotage himself so he doesn't win. I believe he doesn't want to be President. I believe he wants to get back to being the typical "billioniare".

On another note, Trump won't release his taxes because he wants those borderline voters to hate him. As for the law, no he doesn't have to release them but it has become a tradition to do so.


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
Trump can counter

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 Both Trump and Clinton suck, but Trump is a con man and one I can not trust. At least with Clinton I know what I'm getting. A politician who knows the game only the national as well as international stage.

Trump is either the dumbest idiot in the world or he is a fucking genius.

I believe Trump will continue to sabotage himself so he doesn't win. I believe he doesn't want to be President. I believe he wants to get back to being the typical "billioniare".

On another note, Trump won't release his taxes because he wants those borderline voters to hate him. As for the law, no he doesn't have to release them but it has become a tradition to do so.

with Billy boys excapades. She'd be stupid to even comment on the subject. Let's see if she sticks 3 Dollar Bills foot (er hmmmm) in her mouth.

 

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

 Both Drumpf and Clinton suck, but Drumpf is a con man and one I can not trust. At least with Clinton I know what I'm getting. A politician who knows the game only the national as well as international stage.

Drumpf is either the dumbest idiot in the world or he is a fucking genius.

I believe Drumpf will continue to sabotage himself so he doesn't win. I believe he doesn't want to be President. I believe he wants to get back to being the typical "billioniare".

On another note, Drumpf won't release his taxes because he wants those borderline voters to hate him. As for the law, no he doesn't have to release them but it has become a tradition to do so.

with Billy boys excapades. She'd be stupid to even comment on the subject. Let's see if she sticks 3 Dollar Bills foot (er hmmmm) in her mouth.

 

I see they dumped Billy Bush.

After reading some stuff on him, he seems like one of those "go with the flow" people. He was just getting a story but what a dumb ass for saying what he said/laughing etc.


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
In regard to the OP, I

In regard to the OP, I agree. Not paying taxes for over a decade will be viewed as unjust, but he took advantage of a tax law. What bothers me is that the presidential candidate who wants to use his businesses as a model for his presidency - his defining business tactic is to defraud customers, drive properties into the ground, avoid responsibility, then declare bankruptcy. 

If anyone wants some illegal shenanigans, just look at Trump University or the Trump Foundation. Trump University makes ITT Tech look like John Hopkins. Trump Foundation makes Wounded Warriors Project look like Rotary International. Or how about undocumented migrant works, from the candidate that wants to build a wall blocking Mexico, no less? Racial housing discrimination? Casino violations? Tenant harassment?

Yeah, sexual assault? That's illegal. 

Argh. Nobody here better vote for Trump.

 

 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:In regard

butterbattle wrote:

In regard to the OP, I agree. Not paying taxes for over a decade will be viewed as unjust, but he took advantage of a tax law. What bothers me is that the presidential candidate who wants to use his businesses as a model for his presidency - his defining business tactic is to defraud customers, drive properties into the ground, avoid responsibility, then declare bankruptcy. 

If anyone wants some illegal shenanigans, just look at Drumpf University or the Drumpf Foundation. Drumpf University makes ITT Tech look like John Hopkins. Drumpf Foundation makes Wounded Warriors Project look like Rotary International. Or how about undocumented migrant works, from the candidate that wants to build a wall blocking Mexico, no less? Racial housing discrimination? Casino violations? Tenant harassment?

Yeah, sexual assault? That's illegal. 

Argh. Nobody here better vote for Drumpf.

Drump doesn't want to be presdident. It was his plan all along to destroy the GOP


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
I notice the hypocracy of things.

butterbattle wrote:

In regard to the OP, I agree. Not paying taxes for over a decade will be viewed as unjust, but he took advantage of a tax law. What bothers me is that the presidential candidate who wants to use his businesses as a model for his presidency - his defining business tactic is to defraud customers, drive properties into the ground, avoid responsibility, then declare bankruptcy. 

If anyone wants some illegal shenanigans, just look at Trump University or the Trump Foundation. Trump University makes ITT Tech look like John Hopkins. Trump Foundation makes Wounded Warriors Project look like Rotary International. Or how about undocumented migrant works, from the candidate that wants to build a wall blocking Mexico, no less? Racial housing discrimination? Casino violations? Tenant harassment?

Yeah, sexual assault? That's illegal. 

Argh. Nobody here better vote for Trump.

 

 

When looking at the Wall Street Robbers geting away with what they did, Corporation world getting by with what they did/do, The Billaries invest 1,000 in pork bellies and a year later pocket 100,000, and on it goes. My main point is--- none of these people have anything to critisize the other about. When congress guys got caught didling page boys  instead of stautory rape charges what we seen was a rule that page boys must be over 18. It sure solved that problem didn't it. There was an expert on politics a few weeks ago ( I even sent an email to my brother on it) that said polititians don't lie---political lies are just politics. Trump is a scam artist and so on, and on ,well hey, what's new.  No intent to slight anyone here, but somehow, women are less sexual then men, but yet according to an articlw that appears on my desk top, just look at the Fox news honeys that can hardley keep their skirts above the middle etc, etc. I can't find fault with Trump, he's no different then anyoine else, his stuff merely came out in public. I can't find fault with Hillary, she's no different then any one else, her stuff just came out in public. Neither one is going to change much of anything. So, why am I bitching----eeeerrr. Well. Um. Ah. I guess it pales me to see floks getting all worked up over the same old stuff they got worked up over 8 years ago. Maybe it's becasue I grieve for my fellow man---maybe. Smiling

 

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:What's the

Old Seer wrote:

What's the big deal. I'm not for or against Trumper in the instance but, what law has he gone against. As best I know it's not reqired to pay taxes to be president of anything in the US of mA. All he did  what every corporation and business and rich guy  has done as is allowed to do, so he didn't pay taxes and Hillary did. I still don't particualrly feel like jumping to either side, Everyone I know won't pay any taxes they don't have to. Political adolesence I say.

When it comes to Women---I've heard just the likes in any Marine Barraks of my day. I've even heard as such at the bar down the street. I've even heard a lady say at one time, rub a man's balls and he'll follow you to the bedroom. What the hell fricken planet are we on anyway. There Are plenty ladies on internet porn that show the truth of the matter. I can see it now--Gunny Hartman with a big grin on,um face. I can imagine what other polititians say in the back rooms.

Huge difference between legal and moral. The stage for him to get away with what he did started with Reagan's deregulation. But even with anything you might prove legal on his part, he has had thousands of lawsuits and accusations of stiffing contractors as well as multiple bankrupcies on top of his fraud university. He has gotten away with it so far because he can afford to clog the courts by paying off lawyers to delay trials to the point where the accusers give up.

 

As far as the tax code history of this country, when you go back the past 100 years, you can see the same risky tactics that lead to the great depression that lead to the bubbles of the past 36 years and to the great recession. You can also see the higher rate of taxes between WW2 and Reagan and the lower pay gap ratio cost of living and higher rate of investment that caused the economic boom in that time. 

 

Again, making something legal does not always make it moral. There is a huge difference between a free market and a free for all market. Trump's attitude is the same economically as the GOP and Libertarian, "sucks to be you". Libertarians are simply willing to extend poverty wages to pot smokers and LGBT.

 

Billionaire Nick Hanauer knows that by paying workers livable wages that creates more demand because workers are the bulk of the buying power, and the more they have the less dependent on government they are. Trump could give one shit less whom he steps on to make money.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

butterbattle wrote:

In regard to the OP, I agree. Not paying taxes for over a decade will be viewed as unjust, but he took advantage of a tax law. What bothers me is that the presidential candidate who wants to use his businesses as a model for his presidency - his defining business tactic is to defraud customers, drive properties into the ground, avoid responsibility, then declare bankruptcy. 

If anyone wants some illegal shenanigans, just look at Drumpf University or the Drumpf Foundation. Drumpf University makes ITT Tech look like John Hopkins. Drumpf Foundation makes Wounded Warriors Project look like Rotary International. Or how about undocumented migrant works, from the candidate that wants to build a wall blocking Mexico, no less? Racial housing discrimination? Casino violations? Tenant harassment?

Yeah, sexual assault? That's illegal. 

Argh. Nobody here better vote for Drumpf.

Drump doesn't want to be presdident. It was his plan all along to destroy the GOP

No. I agree that I really don't think he cared about being president, I do think he cared about Obama making fun of him at the press confrence dinner, and his ego would not let that go.  I do think he does hold the same 'sucks to be you" economic views as the GOP. I don't think he set out to detroy the GOP, I simply think he doesn't give a fuck who he steps on. He is too much of a narcissist and egotist to care. 

His daddy taught him to be a "killer" meaning to dominate in any situation, basically taught him to be a bully. His daddy hated losers. He was raised by an asshole and taught to be an asshole at all costs to make gains. 

 

I don't think however there is any widespread conspiracy where he decided to play bad cop and fall on a sword to expose the GOP. I simply think the GOP and Fox News with all their prior bullshit long before he ran set the stage for him to rise. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3925
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
 This is really bizzare

 This is really bizzare attacks that he didn't pay taxes. They want idiot voters to think he broke the law, just like saying he committed sexual assult because he bragged about women letting him do whatever.

That is what fucking businessmen do, minimize their expenses. Who the fuck pays more taxes than they are legally required?

Since the US is going bankrupt, don't we need a president that will get us out of paying most of these debts? A president that know how to come back from bankruptcy? A president that will minimize payments to big parma, defense contractors, etc..

So who has more experience than Trump? Trump has the balls to tell China all the other lenders of $20,000,000,000,000 to go fuck themselves, I'm not raising taxes to pay you interest.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:What's the

Old Seer wrote:

What's the big deal. I'm not for or against Trumper in the instance but, what law has he gone against. As best I know it's not reqired to pay taxes to be president of anything in the US of mA. All he did  what every corporation and business and rich guy  has done as is allowed to do, so he didn't pay taxes and Hillary did. I still don't particualrly feel like jumping to either side, Everyone I know won't pay any taxes they don't have to. Political adolesence I say.

When it comes to Women---I've heard just the likes in any Marine Barraks of my day. I've even heard as such at the bar down the street. I've even heard a lady say at one time, rub a man's balls and he'll follow you to the bedroom. What the hell fricken planet are we on anyway. There Are plenty ladies on internet porn that show the truth of the matter. I can see it now--Gunny Hartman with a big grin on,um face. I can imagine what other polititians say in the back rooms.

"All he did"...... Same bullshit excuse made by people who cant understand the difference between legal and moral. Reagan's deregulation and subsiquent tax laws set him up to have that ability, but as a result the rest of society had to pay for his losses. That is what our tax laws are doing now. They gut investment and social programs to pay for the bad gambling at the top. It is trickle up economics. When the rich win they erned it, when they lose they soicalize the losses on the rest of us.

 

"All he did", yea, and slavery was legal at one time too. I am sick of people equating Hillary to Trump or even before this election equating both parties as being the same. Our current state of pay gap and it being harder to make ends meet and pay not keeping up with the cost of living, was a direct result of Reagan's deregulation and union busting. I only blame our politicians in that time for trying to compete with them. I also blame our voter apathy in that time.

 

The same "fuck you I got mine" econmic view lead to the Great Depression. It was the high taxes on the top and government investment that gave us the bably boom generation between WW2 and 1980. Reagan started the unduing of that.

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15747
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:What's the

Old Seer wrote:

What's the big deal. I'm not for or against Trumper in the instance but, what law has he gone against. As best I know it's not reqired to pay taxes to be president of anything in the US of mA. All he did  what every corporation and business and rich guy  has done as is allowed to do, so he didn't pay taxes and Hillary did. I still don't particualrly feel like jumping to either side, Everyone I know won't pay any taxes they don't have to. Political adolesence I say.

When it comes to Women---I've heard just the likes in any Marine Barraks of my day. I've even heard as such at the bar down the street. I've even heard a lady say at one time, rub a man's balls and he'll follow you to the bedroom. What the hell fricken planet are we on anyway. There Are plenty ladies on internet porn that show the truth of the matter. I can see it now--Gunny Hartman with a big grin on,um face. I can imagine what other polititians say in the back rooms.

"All he did"...... Same bullshit excuse made by people who cant understand the difference between legal and moral. Reagan's deregulation and subsiquent tax laws set him up to have that ability, but as a result the rest of society had to pay for his losses. That is what our tax laws are doing now. They gut investment and social programs to pay for the bad gambling at the top. It is trickle up economics. When the rich win they erned it, when they lose they soicalize the losses on the rest of us.

 

"All he did", yea, and slavery was legal at one time too. I am sick of people equating Hillary to Trump or even before this election equating both parties as being the same. Our current state of pay gap and it being harder to make ends meet and pay not keeping up with the cost of living, was a direct result of Reagan's deregulation and union busting. I only blame our politicians in that time for trying to compete with them. I also blame our voter apathy in that time.

 

The same "fuck you I got mine" econmic view lead to the Great Depression. It was the high taxes on the top and government investment that gave us the bably boom generation between WW2 and 1980. Reagan started the unduing of that.

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: This is really

EXC wrote:

 This is really bizzare attacks that he didn't pay taxes. They want idiot voters to think he broke the law, just like saying he committed sexual assult because he bragged about women letting him do whatever.

That is what fucking businessmen do, minimize their expenses. Who the fuck pays more taxes than they are legally required?

Since the US is going bankrupt, don't we need a president that will get us out of paying most of these debts? A president that know how to come back from bankruptcy? A president that will minimize payments to big parma, defense contractors, etc..

So who has more experience than Trump? Trump has the balls to tell China all the other lenders of $20,000,000,000,000 to go fuck themselves, I'm not raising taxes to pay you interest.

Sounds good in theory, until you realise it won't be all that long until China can make you pay, and conquer you if you refuse.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3925
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Sounds good

Vastet wrote:
 Sounds good in theory, until you realise it won't be all that long until China can make you pay, and conquer you if you refuse.

No, just like getting out of paying taxes and medical bills. I'll tell them I'm undocumented. Just make sure all my assests are undocumented.

The likely downfall of the US and all western economies will be cyber terrorists. Just like how Rome fell.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
China won't give a shit lol.

China won't give a shit lol. And undocumented assets are the easiest to seize. You can't even complain if it happens, because they never existed.

It is highly unlikely that cyber terrorists could take down the US. They might contribute, but alone they would never pull it off. We aren't so far separated from the pre-internet age that its destruction or manipulation can be soley responsible for the takedown of any political party by itself. It would take far more than cyber terrorists could pull off to take any nation down. You still need an occupying force to enforce authority, and the US government has more than one army to ensure stability and order if shit hit the fan.

It will be the US government itself that destroys the US, just like Rome.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2517
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
Not a good plan

EXC wrote:

 

So who has more experience than Trump? Trump has the balls to tell China all the other lenders of $20,000,000,000,000 to go fuck themselves, I'm not raising taxes to pay you interest.

Not a good idea as 2/3 is owned by Americans in one way or the other. 

"Of the $12.9 trillion chunk of debt owned by Americans, $5.3 trillion is held by government trust funds such as Social Security, $5.1 trillion is held by individuals, pension funds and state and local governments and the remaining $2.5 trillion is held by the Federal Reserve."

 

See - http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/10/news/economy/us-debt-ownership/

A fast way to destroy the US economy. But what do I know, I only have a MBA in Finance and Accounting.

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3925
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic wrote:EXC

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

EXC wrote:

 

So who has more experience than Trump? Trump has the balls to tell China all the other lenders of $20,000,000,000,000 to go fuck themselves, I'm not raising taxes to pay you interest.

Not a good idea as 2/3 is owned by Americans in one way or the other. 

"Of the $12.9 trillion chunk of debt owned by Americans, $5.3 trillion is held by government trust funds such as Social Security, $5.1 trillion is held by individuals, pension funds and state and local governments and the remaining $2.5 trillion is held by the Federal Reserve."

 

See - http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/10/news/economy/us-debt-ownership/

A fast way to destroy the US economy. But what do I know, I only have a MBA in Finance and Accounting.

So what in your opinion is better, a slow death where the goverment keeps writing larger IOUs to pay off other IOUs until it finally all crashes?

Goverment debt is well over $100 Trillion if you add in all State pensions and Social security obligations.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2517
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
A few thoughts

EXC wrote:

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

EXC wrote:

 

So who has more experience than Trump? Trump has the balls to tell China all the other lenders of $20,000,000,000,000 to go fuck themselves, I'm not raising taxes to pay you interest.

Not a good idea as 2/3 is owned by Americans in one way or the other. 

"Of the $12.9 trillion chunk of debt owned by Americans, $5.3 trillion is held by government trust funds such as Social Security, $5.1 trillion is held by individuals, pension funds and state and local governments and the remaining $2.5 trillion is held by the Federal Reserve."

 

See - http://money.cnn.com/2016/05/10/news/economy/us-debt-ownership/

A fast way to destroy the US economy. But what do I know, I only have a MBA in Finance and Accounting.

So what in your opinion is better, a slow death where the goverment keeps writing larger IOUs to pay off other IOUs until it finally all crashes?

Goverment debt is well over $100 Trillion if you add in all State pensions and Social security obligations.

I had a really great response that I had typed in several days ago and then.... the web site crashed right when I clicked preview. So here's a few thoughts:

It's time for a balanced budget amendment, probably need a Constitutional Convention to get it. Of course many other amendments will also come out of it such as term limits for Congress, repeal of the DEA, ban of the Citzens United mess etc.

I moved back to Colorado in 2007 from repressive Florida. Colorado has in it's Constitution a law called Tabor, passed as an amendment.  (Google TABOR for more) All tax increases or new taxes must be voted on by the voters. Yes ALL.  Also we have a balanced budget law. And did I mention we have legal Rec pot too that brings in money.

Did I mention term limits, we have that too, tried to impose it on US Congressmen and Senators but that was shot down by the US Supreme Court in 1995 if I remember. It passed in 1990 or 1991 if I remeber right.

If you spend, have the money to pay for it, no more credit card. Pay the debts. It may take a while and it will require creativity and invention, something we have done over and over since World War 2. We need to educate and create technology and inovate once more.

And no, screwing over people who loaned you the money is not the answer, as that would destroy our economy as well as create world wide depression. It's the economic equivalent of a unrestrained nuclear war with all nukes fired.

More later after the election is done.

PJTS

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3925
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is offlineOffline
pauljohntheskeptic wrote:I

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

I had a really great response that I had typed in several days ago and then.... the web site crashed right when I clicked preview. So here's a few thoughts:

It's time for a balanced budget amendment, probably need a Constitutional Convention to get it. Of course many other amendments will also come out of it such as term limits for Congress, repeal of the DEA, ban of the Citzens United mess etc.

You'd have to repeal the first amendment sensor the internet to get rid of Citizens United. There is not much evidence that spending by billionairs has much effect, if it did Jeb would be our next president. Even if it did and stupid voters could be easliy swayed by big money, isn't this an argument against democracy itself, we shouldn't let people easily duped by ads vote?

If you want to keep money out of politics, you need to keep money out of government. The left wants the government to have so much money and power then bitch about the rich and powerful wanting to control government. Duh.

Instead of term limits, there should be an automatic vote of confidence every year. A iimit of around 5% of GDP for local, state and federal. Move away from taxation toward users fees for all services.

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

I moved back to Colorado in 2007 from repressive Florida. Colorado has in it's Constitution a law called Tabor, passed as an amendment.  (Google TABOR for more) All tax increases or new taxes must be voted on by the voters. Yes ALL.  Also we have a balanced budget law. And did I mention we have legal Rec pot too that brings in money.

Doesn't matter because the politicians get around this by writting IOUs(pensions, contracts with delayed funding). You'd have to jail politicians that pass along debt to predicessors. I haven't yet seen this proposed.

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

And no, screwing over people who loaned you the money is not the answer, as that would destroy our economy as well as create world wide depression. It's the economic equivalent of a unrestrained nuclear war with all nukes fired.

More later after the election is done.

PJTS

Who get screwed then? The next generation pays the bills of the previous? Depressions are inevitable, is best to get the pain over quickly. In the long run it would be best if people thought twice before buying government debt. 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
Posts: 2517
Joined: 2008-02-26
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:pauljohntheskeptic

EXC wrote:

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

I had a really great response that I had typed in several days ago and then.... the web site crashed right when I clicked preview. So here's a few thoughts:

It's time for a balanced budget amendment, probably need a Constitutional Convention to get it. Of course many other amendments will also come out of it such as term limits for Congress, repeal of the DEA, ban of the Citzens United mess etc.

You'd have to repeal the first amendment sensor the internet to get rid of Citizens United. There is not much evidence that spending by billionairs has much effect, if it did Jeb would be our next president. Even if it did and stupid voters could be easliy swayed by big money, isn't this an argument against democracy itself, we shouldn't let people easily duped by ads vote?

If you want to keep money out of politics, you need to keep money out of government. The left wants the government to have so much money and power then bitch about the rich and powerful wanting to control government. Duh.

I was just mentioning what would be put forward at a convention - Nothing will keep cash out of politics. Other things that would be presented would be a ban on abortion as well as a pro choice amendment; an amendment to limit federal laws in a state that passes it's own constitutional amendment allowing only Intrastate sale of something banned by a federal law IOW something not in the US Constitution such as pot, though if it took an amendment to ban booze there should have been one to ban pot; and probably 50 to 70 more amendments from all sides.

EXC wrote:

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

I moved back to Colorado in 2007 from repressive Florida. Colorado has in it's Constitution a law called Tabor, passed as an amendment.  (Google TABOR for more) All tax increases or new taxes must be voted on by the voters. Yes ALL.  Also we have a balanced budget law. And did I mention we have legal Rec pot too that brings in money.

Doesn't matter because the politicians get around this by writting IOUs(pensions, contracts with delayed funding). You'd have to jail politicians that pass along debt to predicessors. I haven't yet seen this proposed.

You should check out what really goes on in Colorado as what you said does not happen. They can't write IOUS or create debt without a vote here. Here's more on the law and its effects - www.bellpolicy.org/basic/colorados-tabor

From Wiki - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxpayer_Bill_of_Rights

EXC wrote:

pauljohntheskeptic wrote:

And no, screwing over people who loaned you the money is not the answer, as that would destroy our economy as well as create world wide depression. It's the economic equivalent of a unrestrained nuclear war with all nukes fired.

More later after the election is done.

PJTS

Who get screwed then? The next generation pays the bills of the previous? Depressions are inevitable, is best to get the pain over quickly. In the long run it would be best if people thought twice before buying government debt. 

Depressions are one thing, this is the end of all monetary relationships and results in worldwide full economic crash and insurrection everywhere and makes 1929 look like a recession. It might also result in nuclear exchanges, or just regional warfare to grab assets.

You drive on Interstates paid by your parents and grandparents who maybe never used them for an example. You use technology developed by your ancestors who invested in various projects and never reaped any benefit in their lifetimes.

Your knowledge comes from all that was done before you and you add to that for the future generations and may never gain from what you develop.

The next generation has always gained from the previous and paid for their mistakes. Default is immediate payback and has unrestricted outcomes that would result in calamity.

PJTS

____________________________________________________________
"I guess it's time to ask if you live under high voltage power transmission lines which have been shown to cause stimulation of the fantasy centers of the brain due to electromagnetic waves?" - Me

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.