What is your food?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is your food?

I've known for a long time about sushi not always being sushi, fake cheeses having wood pulp and I've known about Kobe beef not being Kobe beef. However, this article shines light on the problem globally with fake food being marketed to consumers.

http://nypost.com/2016/07/10/the-truth-behind-how-were-scammed-into-eating-phony-food/

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 ZOMG we are all going to

ZOMG we are all going to die! Can problems be any more Western than worrying about getting a different species of fish?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fortunately Canada has

Fortunately Canada has higher standards.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:  ZOMG

Beyond Saving wrote:

ZOMG we are all going to die! Can problems be any more Western than worrying about getting a different species of fish?

There are deeper issues here than wether or not a person is getting tuna or talapia.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
 How exactly does one sue

How exactly does one sue or jail a huge agri-business corporation for fraud and other crimes?

System totally rigged to make lawyers rich and politicians in power. Your tax dollars at work. Perhaps anarchism would work better, where the bad actors are taken out.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:  How exactly

EXC wrote:

How exactly does one sue or jail a huge agri-business corporation for fraud and other crimes?

You don't especially when they have those lawyers and money to spend.