Ken Ham and his Ark of Ignorance

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4754
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Ken Ham and his Ark of Ignorance

 I'm sure you all know this from previous conversations as Ken Ham has been working on this project for years.

I find it ridiculous to protest it.

http://www.news.com.au/world/aussie-noahs-ark-is-ready-to-set-sail--trex-included/news-story/56baeeaa8665fc5d4e99bbabb4bae59b


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
I agree. Protesting it is

I agree. Protesting it is foolish in a multitude of ways.

Someone should drag it to the ocean and drop it in. I bet it isn't seaworthy.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 The fuck it isn't worth

 The fuck it isn't worth protesting. Why the fuck do you even question even the theist on this website, if you are unwilling to question an even bigger fraud who is selling lies?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian has absolutely no

Brian has absolutely no concept of the fact that protesting this not only is incapable of accomplishing anything worthwhile, it also gives Ken free advertising. If a protest could force Ken to tear down this exhibit or make him post a sign with a disclaimer even, then maybe you could argue for a protest. But it can't. All it can do is spread the word to more christians and make Ken's wallet fatter. Yet more proof Brian is really a theist: he wants to help Ken Ham make money.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4754
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:  The fuck it

Brian37 wrote:

 The fuck it isn't worth protesting. Why the fuck do you even question even the theist on this website, if you are unwilling to question an even bigger fraud who is selling lies?

I normally refrain from name calling but are you a moron? Really? or are you just being argumentative just for the sake of it?


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4754
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I agree.

Vastet wrote:
I agree. Protesting it is foolish in a multitude of ways. Someone should drag it to the ocean and drop it in. I bet it isn't seaworthy.

The 'ark' was built like a house. It has ridged foam insulation, plumbing, electric and HVAC for climate control.

There isn't an ounce of pitch or tar used for sealing the monstrosity, so it would sink quickly.

My personal favorite is the financing of the project. Ken Ham is a dirt bag. He has manipulated things for his own profit. There is an article about the finances here.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/11/11/what-ken-ham-isnt-telling-you-about-ark-encounter-funding/

I also find it funny that it took over 1,000 engineers, architects, craftsmen and labourers to build it over. They had to use steel and heavy machinery to build this piece of shit. And it also took them over 4 years to build. Noah supposedly built it with himself and sons over a 120 year period using no machine tools and of course no forests near by to provide the wood needed, plus the tar and pitch needed to seal the exterior and interior.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2015/06/ken-hams-reconstruction-of-noahs-ark-demonstrates-absurdity-of-cre...

And watch the video too at the bottom.

It amazes me with all the science disproving this story, many of my family and friends believe it to be true.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3693
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is onlineOnline
There is athiest outrage

There is athiest outrage about all the tax breaks and other government benefits to get this project built. But if one believes that government has to role to play in promoting private business, why not? Why should there be a bias against a business just because of a religious theme. Jobs and money are all that matters.

It is going to bring in a lot of tourist dollars. After all a fool and his money.

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4754
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote: There is athiest

EXC wrote:

There is athiest outrage about all the tax breaks and other government benefits to get this project built. But if one believes that government has to role to play in promoting private business, why not? Why should there be a bias against a business just because of a religious theme. Jobs and money are all that matters.

It is going to bring in a lot of tourist dollars. After all a fool and his money.

 

I have no doubt that other projects received tax breaks from a non-profit scheme for a project which was for-profit, which is what Ken Ham is doing. However the fact that it was caught, exposed to the public and the government of that city, then ignored is blatant disregard for the law and done for profit. I have no doubt that people involved with the decision are getting a kick back.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3693
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is onlineOnline
digitalbeachbum wrote:EXC

digitalbeachbum wrote:

EXC wrote:

There is athiest outrage about all the tax breaks and other government benefits to get this project built. But if one believes that government has to role to play in promoting private business, why not? Why should there be a bias against a business just because of a religious theme. Jobs and money are all that matters.

It is going to bring in a lot of tourist dollars. After all a fool and his money.

 

I have no doubt that other projects received tax breaks from a non-profit scheme for a project which was for-profit, which is what Ken Ham is doing. However the fact that it was caught, exposed to the public and the government of that city, then ignored is blatant disregard for the law and done for profit. I have no doubt that people involved with the decision are getting a kick back.

Governments are doing this kind of BS all the time with developers of sports stadiums and convention centers. Government and business puts some money up front, then they both soak dollars from the tourists. The fact that is was religious business this time got all the atheist panties in a wad.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5402
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:digitalbeachbum

EXC wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

EXC wrote:

There is athiest outrage about all the tax breaks and other government benefits to get this project built. But if one believes that government has to role to play in promoting private business, why not? Why should there be a bias against a business just because of a religious theme. Jobs and money are all that matters.

It is going to bring in a lot of tourist dollars. After all a fool and his money.

 

I have no doubt that other projects received tax breaks from a non-profit scheme for a project which was for-profit, which is what Ken Ham is doing. However the fact that it was caught, exposed to the public and the government of that city, then ignored is blatant disregard for the law and done for profit. I have no doubt that people involved with the decision are getting a kick back.

Governments are doing this kind of BS all the time with developers of sports stadiums and convention centers. Government and business puts some money up front, then they both soak dollars from the tourists. The fact that is was religious business this time got all the atheist panties in a wad.

Yes, I can attest to that. TIFs are very common for a wide variety of ventures ranging from factory expansions to warehouse space to college buildings to solar or wind farms. Any bullshit project that a politician thinks will be popular and could conceivably bring new jobs. Whenever you hear a politician brag they brought X number of jobs to a community, they are referring to a TIF. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
I'm also quite sure that

I'm also quite sure that Kentucky will profit from this, so from that perspective it was a good thing for the government to invest in.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I'm also quite

Vastet wrote:
I'm also quite sure that Kentucky will profit from this, so from that perspective it was a good thing for the government to invest in.

 

What a load of fucking garbage. Whatever short term financial gains you think it will provide, the dumbasses attending it are not simply treating it like Disneyland, they believe that shit is a true story, and if they keep selling that you will have more and more scientifically illiterate morons. 

 

If any religion wants to peddle their fantasies they can do it on their own time in Sunday school.

 

Profiting off of gullibility to dumb down society is not my idea of a long term solid plan.

 

This is the bullshit you enable while hypocritically criticizing it at the same time. Does it ever occure to you that when you RIGHTFULLY challenge the absurd claims of any religion you are freeing that person from bad claims? 

If you really believe Kentucky will profit from that in a good way, then to me, you might as well believe that bullshit yourself. Or by benefit you mean like P.T. Barnum, "A fool and their money are soon parted"? So profiting off of the fears and desires of gullible people knowing they are buying a lie is ok with you? Why the fuck are you even here on this website?

 

Disneland and Kings Dominion are REAL theme parks and far more useful. That Ark is a monument to human gullibility.

 

But even worse than the fact it is a scientifically absurd story, the morality of it is absolutely vile. It is an act of mass genocide, including babies and toddlers and men and women, whom would have to include even those whose only crime was picking the wrong club. Drowning is a very painful way to die. Our death row inmates now get lethal injection, even we try to find the most painless way to end their lives.

But even after all that, the story has only one family left, so without incest and fucking their own family exactly how does the theist explain the repopulation of the planet?

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4754
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:What a load of

Brian37 wrote:

What a load of fucking garbage. Whatever short term financial gains you think it will provide, the dumbasses attending it are not simply treating it like Disneyland, they believe that shit is a true story, and if they keep selling that you will have more and more scientifically illiterate morons. 

Profiting off of gullibility to dumb down society is not my idea of a long term solid plan.

The Holyland Experience here in Orlando is a not for profit which recently won a court battle to not pay 2.2 million in back taxes to Orange County. Then the law makers made a law saying that any amusement park which displays (etc) holy scripture is not taxable. Well, you might think this is bullshit, which it is, but they claim it is no different than a museum which receives tax exemptions for displaying WWII or space exploration stuff.

The Holyland Experience is fucking profitable. They handle 3,000 people every day at $40 a pop or roughly $120,000 a day. Plus with that tax exempt status the family which owns it is fat a fuck. Then they also have a routine which never needs to change. Same song and dance every day. No need to add on to the experience until the attendance drops.

Ham is going to do that same thing with this 'ark experience'. He's going to have a Jesus roller coaster and a tower of heaven, etc. He wants to be non-profit but have a place where he can peddle the bullshit story of jesus and make a fucking fat check every month from the "non-profit" status.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3693
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is onlineOnline
Brian37 wrote: But even

Brian37 wrote:

 

But even after all that, the story has only one family left, so without incest and fucking their own family exactly how does the theist explain the repopulation of the planet?

 

Why you think it's in Kintucky?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:What a load of

Brian37 wrote:
What a load of fucking garbage.

No it's almost certainly a fact.

Brian37 wrote:
Whatever short term financial gains you think it will provide, the dumbasses attending it are not simply treating it like Disneyland, they believe that shit is a true story, and if they keep selling that you will have more and more scientifically illiterate morons. 

They already believe it is a true story retard. And you're the one who wants to give it free advertising. You're literally dumber than most of the people who would pay to see this ridiculous ark.

Brian37 wrote:
If any religion wants to peddle their fantasies they can do it on their own time in Sunday school.

Which is exactly what they're doing.

Brian37 wrote:
Profiting off of gullibility to dumb down society is not my idea of a long term solid plan.

Because your understanding of economics is roughly equivalent to a speck of dust's understanding of economics.

Brian37 wrote:
This is the bullshit you enable while hypocritically criticizing it at the same time.

Typical fascist Brian who wants to kill everyone who doesn't agree with him.

Brian37 wrote:
Does it ever occure to you that when you RIGHTFULLY challenge the absurd claims of any religion you are freeing that person from bad claims? 

No really? What do you think I've been doing the last decade? You fucking idiot. lol

Brian37 wrote:
If you really believe Kentucky will profit from that in a good way, then to me, you might as well believe that bullshit yourself.

Because you're blinding ignorant on nearly every subject in human history.

Brian37 wrote:
Or by benefit you mean like P.T. Barnum, "A fool and their money are soon parted"? So profiting off of the fears and desires of gullible people knowing they are buying a lie is ok with you?

Strawman.

Brian37 wrote:
Why the fuck are you even here on this website?

These days it's mostly to challenge your bullshit. Fonzie doesn't come around very often, and the only other irrational theist here is you.

Brian37 wrote:
Disneland and Kings Dominion are REAL theme parks and far more useful. That Ark is a monument to human gullibility.

They are all equal in their usefulness. Which is to say none of them are useful.

Brian37 wrote:
But even worse than the fact it is a scientifically absurd story, the morality of it is absolutely vile. It is an act of mass genocide, including babies and toddlers and men and women, whom would have to include even those whose only crime was picking the wrong club. Drowning is a very painful way to die. Our death row inmates now get lethal injection, even we try to find the most painless way to end their lives.

Free speech asshole.

Brian37 wrote:
But even after all that, the story has only one family left, so without incest and fucking their own family exactly how does the theist explain the repopulation of the planet?

Not relevant to the topic, and just another strawman anyway.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
Posts: 3693
Joined: 2008-01-17
User is onlineOnline
Brian37 wrote:If any

Brian37 wrote:

If any religion wants to peddle their fantasies they can do it on their own time in Sunday school.

 

I thought as responsible citizens we are all supposed to subsidize everyone else's personal choices. So if a someone wants to have 30 kids the rest of society is supposed to subsidize it, no questions asks. So why not subsidize religion as well? Shouldn't matter that it is destructive to society. The import thing is that people are free to do as they please.

 

 

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4754
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
I think Bill Nye should have

I think Bill Nye should have gone silently, instead he gave Hamm more free advertising.

http://religionnews.com/2016/07/11/bill-nye-visits-noahs-ark-theme-park/

 


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
EXC wrote:Why you think it's

EXC wrote:

Why you think it's in Kintucky?




fuck your mother, yank.


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1506
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
Another

Exercise in gross religious stupidity. Investers put 100 million into this deal. Jeeeze. 


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4754
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
HAHAHA. Ken Ham is a fucking

HAHAHA. Ken Ham is a fucking douche. His ark encounter is failing.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/06/creationist-ken-ham-blames-atheists-ark-park-failure/

Could it be that he teaches that dinosars roamed the Earth when the humans did? 6,000 years ago? What a fucking moron.

Here is another good link in association to this story.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/06/20/ken-ham-tried-and-failed-to-rebut-an-atheists-fair-critique-of-ark-encounter/


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Read about that a few days

Read about that a few days ago. Lot of people not happy with him right now. XD

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 How dare we point out the

 How dare we point out the fact it is a bullshit story.  Hey Ken, you cant blame us because we didn't write it. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1506
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
Apparently

digitalbeachbum wrote:

HAHAHA. Ken Ham is a fucking douche. His ark encounter is failing.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/06/creationist-ken-ham-blames-atheists-ark-park-failure/

Could it be that he teaches that dinosars roamed the Earth when the humans did? 6,000 years ago? What a fucking moron.

Here is another good link in association to this story.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/06/20/ken-ham-tried-and-failed-to-rebut-an-atheists-fair-critique-of-ark-encounter/

those who claim to be Christian aren't much interested either. It looks like they aren't going to his Ark two by two, male and female each according to their kind. According to the bible story it worked for Noah but not for Kenny.

 

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4754
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

HAHAHA. Ken Ham is a fucking douche. His ark encounter is failing.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/06/creationist-ken-ham-blames-atheists-ark-park-failure/

Could it be that he teaches that dinosars roamed the Earth when the humans did? 6,000 years ago? What a fucking moron.

Here is another good link in association to this story.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/06/20/ken-ham-tried-and-failed-to-rebut-an-atheists-fair-critique-of-ark-encounter/

those who claim to be Christian aren't much interested either. It looks like they aren't going to his Ark two by two, male and female each according to their kind. According to the bible story it worked for Noah but not for Kenny.

 

Did you know the bible didn't say 2x2 on all the animals? some of them were 7x2, something his arc encounter completely missed?

 


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1506
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
Yup, I know

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

HAHAHA. Ken Ham is a fucking douche. His ark encounter is failing.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/06/creationist-ken-ham-blames-atheists-ark-park-failure/

Could it be that he teaches that dinosars roamed the Earth when the humans did? 6,000 years ago? What a fucking moron.

Here is another good link in association to this story.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2017/06/20/ken-ham-tried-and-failed-to-rebut-an-atheists-fair-critique-of-ark-encounter/

those who claim to be Christian aren't much interested either. It looks like they aren't going to his Ark two by two, male and female each according to their kind. According to the bible story it worked for Noah but not for Kenny.

 

Did you know the bible didn't say 2x2 on all the animals? some of them were 7x2, something his arc encounter completely missed?

 

and that's one they can't explain. The 2X2 fits the religious perspective of their understanding and insight. In our understanding of Noah's time there was no H2o involved. 7X7 is connected to creation and it's particulars. Noah's story is nothing more then a breakdown in social bonds/behavor and they killed each other---they didn't drownd. Water = mental etc. But, I'll spare all with a long explanation. Smiling

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4754
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote: and that's

Old Seer wrote:

and that's one they can't explain. The 2X2 fits the religious perspective of their understanding and insight. In our understanding of Noah's time there was no H2o involved. 7X7 is connected to creation and it's particulars. Noah's story is nothing more then a breakdown in social bonds/behavor and they killed each other---they didn't drownd. Water = mental etc. But, I'll spare all with a long explanation. Smiling

It's ok. I get it. Ken Ham and the rest of the young Earth people are fucking retards.