99 million year old birds

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
99 million year old birds

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2016/0628/What-can-ancient-amber-encased-bird-wings-say-about-flight

Wings from hatchlings found in amber, give new insight to life 99 million years ago.

Of course, dating processes are wrong. God is trying to test us or was it the devil trying to trick us? I fucking forget.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow that's a cool find.

Wow that's a cool find.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:God is

digitalbeachbum wrote:
God is trying to test us or was it the devil trying to trick us? I fucking forget.

the standard response is usually god is testing us, because even though the earth is only 6,000 years old, he could easily create it to look much older.

at least, that's one of the responses i often gave in my (mercifully brief and mostly peer pressure-driven) fundy days.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 Oh the irony. The two

Oh the irony. The two stooges are too stupid to understand that their responses might as well be a "fuck you", to many.

Yea that is a pretty neat find. Does blow away the comic book claims in that old book of myth.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
The ultimate fool still

The ultimate fool still doesn't comprehend anything. lol

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
translation: brian still

translation: brian still thinks that, because we disagree with him, it must mean we're soft on religion, so we're being hypocrites by praising a scientific discovery that contradicts most religions. he still doesn't get that he's the RRS site's last active fundy, and that being an atheist doesn't mean we can't call out brian for being a fucking dumbass.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Of course findings like

Of course findings like this won't be included in Ken Ham's exhibit of Noah's Ark because the Earth is 6,000 years old and Ken Ham is a dick.