Everyone knows Nancy died, but it should scare everyone that Ron consulted her when she was herself superstitious.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Everyone knows Nancy died, but it should scare everyone that Ron consulted her when she was herself superstitious.

Enough with the "too soon".   Nancy can be argued to have contributed positive things to the White House. But nobody is all good or all bad. She still used superstition as a cruch and President Reagan valued her opinions. 

http://www.people.com/article/joan-quigley-astrologer-nancy-reagan-dies

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Now, here is my take on

Now, here is my take on Reagan. He would have made a great Jimmy Carter if it weren't for his economic views. And would be more like a Penn Jillette if alive today, right on social issues, but dead wrong on economics.

He spent his carreer in Hollywood, notoriously liberal and long before sport for gays became part of the mainstreem, Hollywood was ahead of the curve. Patti Davis an Ron Jr, knew this. Reagan got the "tear down the wall" right. But his union busting and deregulation is what has exploded our pay gap and allowed big money to hold BOTH PARTIES hostage.

Ron Jr loved his father yet ended up both a social and economic liberal. Much like I love my Catholic republican voting mother who values liberal social equality. But there is no way, as conservitive as Reagan was, not even he could run on today's GOP ticket.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/ronald-reagan-gay-marriage_n_3014863.html

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yet another pair of people

Yet another pair of people infinitely smarter than Brian.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.