Rubio confronted by an atheist.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Rubio confronted by an atheist.

Anyone who knows me knows I hate libertarian/GOP right wing "fuck you I got mine, trickle up economics". Having said that it is still important for atheists to do what this guy did. However I would recommend different types of questions because the way this was asked still allows our politicians to peddle the religious pecking order that all non Christians are "equal, but a pet or house guest" even if born here.

Instead of asking either party's candidates "what will you do to defend the rights of atheists", because that still allows them to pat us on the head like puppies who should know their place in the dog house in the back yard, ask them if they know things like what Jefferson said about questioning the existence of a god. Ask them if they know what he said about the capability of an atheist being moral. Ask them if "no religious text" means "as long as you swear to some sect of Christianity". Ask them if they know about the Barbary Treaty article 11.

Now, and I cannot stress this enough, no matter who you are voting for, we must not just simply pat ourselves on the back here, we must be more public in all social media, their pages, local and national tv media, here are his FB AND twitter pages.

https://www.facebook.com/MarcoRubio/?fref=ts

Here is his twitter page

https://twitter.com/marcorubio

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Here is the link to the

Here is the link to the exchange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy2Fjk00tTA

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Noone gives a shit.

Noone gives a shit. Rubio isn't going to be president anyway, and even if he were it would end pretty damn quick if he bowed down to an atheist argument.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
 Fuck you asshole.

Fuck you asshole. Everyone, including theists should give a shit about avoiding backsliding into a theocracy. 

Nobody gives a shit but yet you have been debaing theists on this website for how many years? Or is it you simply don't like me personally?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Don't you mean trickle down

Don't you mean trickle down economics?

The GOP is all about the wealthy. The 1%. If you have a pyramid then the top is the 1%. Their claim is that the wealthy will spend money, create jobs, thus the money trickles down.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
 Yeah, Rubio won't be

Yeah, Rubio won't be president. He's so far behind in the polls that he is walking backwards.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Fuck you

Brian37 wrote:

Fuck you asshole. Everyone, including theists should give a shit about avoiding backsliding into a theocracy. 

Nobody gives a shit but yet you have been debaing theists on this website for how many years? Or is it you simply don't like me personally?

Brian continues to prove his inability to grasp the most simple of logic.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Don't

digitalbeachbum wrote:

The GOP is all about the wealthy. The 1%. If you have a pyramid then the top is the 1%. Their claim is that the wealthy will spend money, create jobs, thus the money trickles down.

Lol. The GOP is "all about the wealthy" like Benny Hinn is all about god.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Lol. The GOP is "all about the wealthy" like Benny Hinn is all about god.

Benny Hinn is definitely all about god. Even built a tower for god right here in my city.

Some people call it the eyesore of I-4 but others call it The Tower of Bable. You can actually google I-4 eyesore and see it.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Atheism

is going to encoumter a real problem getting things changed around.I encountered this when looking up "person" in Blacks law book. I don't know where I found it exactly but it was either  the definition of , person, man, human, or something other, but'it's in that catagory. A creator pf "man, or other is still seen from a perspective of religion that a supreme bieng did the deed. There's no way to change that, because as long as a court sees a creator as deemed by religions it's as good as law, whether or not there's a direct law applying. In 1994 I went head to head with the DA of this county in court for not having a drivers licence. We both won and lost. The outcome was--they got 300 bucks and they don't ever want to see me in court again.

There was no ---do you swera to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God. ---No sir_. Got it. Now the Da was advised of this before trial has before trial they want to settle with out a trial. So he know what was comming. To avoid giving "their interpretaion  of God there was no swearing--I just took my turn to speak----my mind. As advise by the Smurfs--- if the court is to use a particular word or phrase "you" have a right ot have therm explain that word or pharse--and you can question that also. They cannot prosecute you if you are ignorant of what they mean or ,if they used the wrong wording or,,,,, the word or sentance in a wrong manner. But, the object of this exercise was not to make fools of the court -but-- put them in their place. and they were. This was not done for disrespect. WE recognize that the use of language and the general mindset of the system is highly faulty. Technically, they don't know themselves---we do.

I did not plead guilty or not guilty--I notified them that--that is none of my business, and said, whether I'm guilty or not guilty is up to you to decide. 

What I'm saying here is---you will never gain Atheist rights until you destroy the system. You can't take what you have and expect them to change anything UNLESS FIRST YOU PROVE THEM WRONG. Whether you realize it or not, and whether there is a direct leagl application---the law is---there is a creator in a book called the bible that created you. And as long as you can't do that (we can) (this is why I walk free today) and try to deal with them, to them you are just a monkey and belong in a zoo---when their whole system is the zoo.

We didn't do this to prove them to be monkeys, we wanted to see the result--It works. I'm not saying I'll never be in ciourt for something. If I wroged someone no court needed. But--If I can't be trusted to drive safley (be properly human)and assumed to be a criminal before the fact---they have a problem.

Addition- As I pointed out in 1 or 2 previous posts. Nothing is going to change without everyone taking a walk through Atheism first. Now I'll add to that. Atheism is the first key to making the necessary changes on planet earth to correct social problems. It's the first step in getting rid of not only religions but also all other processes that are based in superstitions, other misbeliefs, and general ignorance of what causes the problems we have in the world from the far past to the present.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth