Hillary blasted for not sticking up for Carly?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hillary blasted for not sticking up for Carly?

Ok this was not a McCain moment like when he rightfully shot down the old lady paraniod about the "secret Muslim", as if there is a religious litmus test fo hold public offfice in any case.

Well Hillary was listening to a supporter blasting Carly for her failure as CEO and all the job cuts. He said he wanted to reach through his TV and strangle her. Yea everybody feels that way about rivals and we can tell what is metaphore. But how the fuck is that sexist? You either do a good job or you dont. Carly did well for herself and the shareholders sure, but didn't do shit for society and especially not the workers. The workers got completly fucked over. 

This was not a literal physical threat, nor was it sexist in the slightist. Yet another bullshit tactic by the GOP to fake persecution.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1896977-Hillary-Clinton-Laughs-When-Supporter-Says-He-Wants-to-%E2%80%98Strangle%E2%80%99-Carl...

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Well Hillary

Brian37 wrote:

Well Hillary was listening to a supporter blasting Carly for her failure as CEO and all the job cuts. He said he wanted to reach through his TV and strangle her. Yea everybody feels that way about rivals and we can tell what is metaphore. But how the fuck is that sexist? You either do a good job or you dont. Carly did well for herself and the shareholders sure, but didn't do shit for society and especially not the workers. The workers got completly fucked over. 

As if you know dick about what Fiorina did as CEO of HP. She didn't do "well for herself and the shareholders", during her tenure, the stock value dropped 50%. Which means that she lowered the wealth gap a shit ton by cutting in half the net worth of HP investors (and her own), that is why she got shit canned. That is what happens when stock prices fall, companies run out of cash. When stock prices are rising, employees might not directly benefit if they own no stock, but a company doing well is going to hire more, pay more generously and offer better benefits. That is why nobody turns down Google when they come a knocking. 

Layoffs aren't done because a CEO decides the stock price needs to go up. It is like an amputation, they are cutting off the wounded portion in the hopes that they can save what is left. It is usually an act of last resort and desperation. Sometimes, it works and the company stems its losses, but the shareholders aren't going to get richer for it overnight. It often takes years for the stock to get back up to value after extreme layoffs. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

As if you know dick about what Fiorina did as CEO of HP. She didn't do "well for herself and the shareholders", during her tenure, the stock value dropped 50%. Which means that she lowered the wealth gap a shit ton by cutting in half the net worth of HP investors (and her own), that is why she got shit canned. That is what happens when stock prices fall, companies run out of cash. When stock prices are rising, employees might not directly benefit if they own no stock, but a company doing well is going to hire more, pay more generously and offer better benefits. That is why nobody turns down Google when they come a knocking. 

And? Still does not change the fact that our coporate mentality is to fuck workers over first. So you are admitting she did a sucky job? Why do you have such a problem with me accepting a free market but not a free for all market? Did it ever occur to you that with better regulation a CEO could do well in salary, AND please the shareholders without fucking over workers?

Our decline is a direct result of Regan starting the age of deregulation. If your idea of global competition is to force the workers of the world to fight for crumbs you can go with that business ideology, I think my species can do far better than "fuck you I got mine".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:And? Still

Brian37 wrote:

And? Still does not change the fact that our coporate mentality is to fuck workers over first.

Any proof of that? Do you have a lot of experience in corporate board rooms? Do you read the financial blogs daily and track the decisions these boards make? Have you ever even voted in a board election?

Quote:

So you are admitting she did a sucky job?

Well yeah, that is blindingly obvious. Numbers don't lie and her numbers were terrible. Though to be fair, the ceos after her haven't done a much better job. HP is in a death spiral and failed to modernize, as large as it is, its death will take decades, but eventually it is going to be bought up by a new player and absorbed out of existence. I'm not investing in it. 

Quote:

Why do you have such a problem with me accepting a free market but not a free for all market?

Since when have you ever accepted the free market?

Quote:

Did it ever occur to you that with better regulation a CEO could do well in salary, AND please the shareholders without fucking over workers?

The most successful and best paid CEOs don't make a salary at all. They are paid almost entirely in stock, and I think it is important that the CEO is directly impacted by the success or failure of the company. My point was that when workers are "fucked over", the shareholders aren't pleased because the stock probably isn't performing. Workers, CEOs and the board have the same interests- a profitable company is better for every single person who works for it, from the janitor to the CEO. 

Quote:

Our decline is a direct result of Regan starting the age of deregulation. If your idea of global competition is to force the workers of the world to fight for crumbs you can go with that business ideology, I think my species can do far better than "fuck you I got mine".

You really shouldn't talk about history because you always fuck it up. Carter started deregulation and deregulated far more than Regan ever did. My idea of global competition is to increase productivity, which is good for everyone. We ought to be able to virtually eliminate manual human labor in the next century. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wtf "better" regulation

Wtf "better" regulation would have made her a better ceo? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.