Stating the odds..........OP ED.........

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15660
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Stating the odds..........OP ED.........

 Before my economic nemisis Beyond goes off on me. This isn't about economic views. But simple math, that even applys to evolution.

You want be the next........Rock star...... The next Seinfield......... The next Joe Montana......... The next "Trump"......Ok fine, but do understand the numbers are simply not there for everyone to get that high. Just like only one sperm will get to the egg, and most sperm end up doing nothing. 

 

So this morining I found it quite refreshing when my local station did a story on child tennis "phenoms" who aspire to go pro.... The anchor RIGHTFULLY stated, "The odds of making it to the pros in any sport are less than 2%"

That is true in in any aspect of life. Business too. You can still do all the right things and not move up. It isn't a matter of hating those that do move up. It is a mater of accepting the math. Most people if lucky manage to pay their bills and have a job they enjoy. That will always be the majority.

Whoopie Goldburg was on "Inside The Actor's Studio", and when they got to the students asking questions one asked "Will I sit where you are sitting?"(Meaning will I get famous). Her response was simialr and just as apt as what I saw this morning. "You are all capable of being great actors, but most of you, if not none of you, will sit where I am sitting", Whoopie Godlburg.

 

It really is  no different than knowing that most acorns on a tree will not become a fully grown adult tree. I think it is far more important to create livable wages than it is to sell utopias to people that are most likely not going to happen. Nothing wrong with moving up, but there is everything wrong with lack of pragmatism.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13184
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
As if Brian knows anything

As if Brian knows anything about probabilities. *rolls eyes*

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15660
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:As if Brian

Vastet wrote:
As if Brian knows anything about probabilities. *rolls eyes*

If I told you that you were posting on Rational Responders you'd call me a liar just to spite me. 

 

If everyone has the money of Bill Gates who would do the work? Can all 32 teams play in the Superbowl at the same time? Can all those running for president hold the office at the same time? Is there more than one Pope or Dali Lama? Now listen dipshit, none of facing that reality is saying don't try or that it is impossible. It is simpy delusional to selll a utopia. There will always be more people who don't get to the top than those who do.

It is no different than the article YOU posted about the minority percentage of possible planets in the universe that might hold life. Grow the fuck up.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13184
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
Brian37 wrote:If I told you

Brian37 wrote:
If I told you that you were posting on Rational Responders you'd call me a liar just to spite me. 

No, I'd be vaguely annoyed that you were actually saying something factual for once and wouldn't say anything.

Brian37 wrote:
If everyone has the money of Bill Gates who would do the work?

Everyone, because the currency would be devalued.

Brian37 wrote:
Can all 32 teams play in the Superbowl at the same time?

Who cares, football sucks ass.

Brian37 wrote:
Can all those running for president hold the office at the same time?

Probably wouldn't make much difference if they did.

Brian37 wrote:
Is there more than one Pope or Dali Lama?

Yep.

Brian37 wrote:
Now listen dipshit, none of facing that reality is saying don't try or that it is impossible. It is simpy delusional to selll a utopia.

It's infinitely more delusional to never even try to make a utopia, regardless of its feasibility. Shit for brains.

Brian37 wrote:
There will always be more people who don't get to the top than those who do.

So what? Not everyone wants to be the top anyway.

Brian37 wrote:
It is no different than the article YOU posted about the minority percentage of possible planets in the universe that might hold life. Grow the fuck up.

It's COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY fucking different you miserable excuse for a moron. YOU grow the fuck up.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5427
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:If everyone

Brian37 wrote:

If everyone has the money of Bill Gates who would do the work? Can all 32 teams play in the Superbowl at the same time? Can all those running for president hold the office at the same time? Is there more than one Pope or Dali Lama? Now listen dipshit, none of facing that reality is saying don't try or that it is impossible. It is simpy delusional to selll a utopia. There will always be more people who don't get to the top than those who do.

It is no different than the article YOU posted about the minority percentage of possible planets in the universe that might hold life. Grow the fuck up.

I've never contended that you should have the same amount of money as Bill Gates. You haven't, and will never contribute to society a billionth the amount he has. In case you haven't noticed, I've never been a proponent of egalitarianism. That is what you have been supporting dumb ass. Nice that you are finally willing to face reality that you don't deserve what Gates has. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15660
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

If everyone has the money of Bill Gates who would do the work? Can all 32 teams play in the Superbowl at the same time? Can all those running for president hold the office at the same time? Is there more than one Pope or Dali Lama? Now listen dipshit, none of facing that reality is saying don't try or that it is impossible. It is simpy delusional to selll a utopia. There will always be more people who don't get to the top than those who do.

It is no different than the article YOU posted about the minority percentage of possible planets in the universe that might hold life. Grow the fuck up.

I've never contended that you should have the same amount of money as Bill Gates. You haven't, and will never contribute to society a billionth the amount he has. In case you haven't noticed, I've never been a proponent of egalitarianism. That is what you have been supporting dumb ass. Nice that you are finally willing to face reality that you don't deserve what Gates has. 

Show me where I compared myself to Bill Gates........See there you go agian, measuring people by their paychecks. And do so when I point to other wealthy people who would agree with me, not you. But if you stupidly think because of the way my bills are paid I am worthless that is simply silly. 

I am not supporting anything but ballance and checks on power and anti monopoly concepts. You think less regulation works and if it had pay would be keeping up with the cost of living which it is not. What caused the recession was the same no rules free for all that caused the great depression. What brought us economic stability after WW2 was investment and higher taxes on the rich and no lopsided pay gap like has exploded over the past 30 years.

Regulations are what got lead out of gas and human health affected by lead in gas went down. More people survive car accidents because they have mandated seatbelt laws. My life is irrelevant to those FACTS. You stupidly blindly trust the private sector and even stupidly try to paint me as anti private sector. You, like theists are merely afraid of change when it comes to the economic theories you think work. Yes, they work for some but not enough and we need to get back to giving workers more of a voice. 

Saying that wealth should not get to dictate to workers isn't anti wealth. Just like saing religion is poison isn't saying you should force it out of existence. ANYTHING humans do can be gamed and subject to abuse of power. Right now the private sector over all climate is distructive. That is not saying all business owners are bad. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13184
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
Brian again demonstrates his

Brian again demonstrates his inability to comprehend simple statements and his poor memory.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15660
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

If everyone has the money of Bill Gates who would do the work? Can all 32 teams play in the Superbowl at the same time? Can all those running for president hold the office at the same time? Is there more than one Pope or Dali Lama? Now listen dipshit, none of facing that reality is saying don't try or that it is impossible. It is simpy delusional to selll a utopia. There will always be more people who don't get to the top than those who do.

It is no different than the article YOU posted about the minority percentage of possible planets in the universe that might hold life. Grow the fuck up.

I've never contended that you should have the same amount of money as Bill Gates. You haven't, and will never contribute to society a billionth the amount he has. In case you haven't noticed, I've never been a proponent of egalitarianism. That is what you have been supporting dumb ass. Nice that you are finally willing to face reality that you don't deserve what Gates has. 

Stop projecting yourself on me. I don't want what Bill Gates has. You cant eat money anyway. I'd probably be making a good guess thaty you have seen Sagan's Pale Blue Dot speech. You know, the one where he says both friend and foe, rich and poor alike all meet the same fate. 

Having cleaned my x landlord's house, a rich liberal FYI, and it was a huge house, taking 6 hours to clean  I can tell you I don't want a house that size. And people who have multiple cars, outside two, after that it seems a bit absurd. Sure, if people want those things nobody is saying they cant or should not. It is the gorging that has gotten out of whack. Not because of material things by themselves, but the cost for the middle class and working poor are not keeping up with the cost of living as far as wages. Nothing more than that. 

I am not jealous of those who have more than me. So stop using "you are not deserving of what he has". I am not comparing myself to him. I am sorry it bothers you that I am not into the same things you are but you are being stupid and your logic sucks.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15660
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Rome fell for the same

 Rome fell for the same reason Hitler failed, bitting excess and bighting off more than you can chew. Now again, Nick Hanoure is not poor and you keep ignoring him. Nobody is saying you have to listen to me. 

Oh and it seems you have stepped in it, because Bill Gates would side with me not you....

 

http://usuncut.com/climate/bill-gates-only-socialism-can-save-us-from-climate-change/

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13184
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
Brian proves his ignorance

Brian proves his ignorance of history yet again, and once more puts words in the mouths of people who are his betters and definitely do not agree with him.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15660
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian proves

Vastet wrote:
Brian proves his ignorance of history yet again, and once more puts words in the mouths of people who are his betters and definitely do not agree with him.

Nobody who has ever lived or is living or will live is "better". There is simply better logic and better ways of treating your fellow human. Don't sit there and say you accept science and say stupid shit like that.

You sound exactly like a theist when they argue "How come you quote the bible if you don't believe in it".

Hitler could have stopped by taking a couple of smaller countries but got greedy. 

Now yet another link, the only argument you could make was my argument may only have been one factor. But I am not inncorrect as to it being part of the theory.

And look at that, one of the 8  listed says "overexpansion and over spending on military".

 

 

http://www.history.com/news/history-lists/8-reasons-why-rome-fell Interesting quote in it was "the widening gap between the rich and poor"

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15660
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Before you say "That is

 Before you say "That is the History Channel",

Here is another link in which they say "Fast explansion" as one of the contributing factors. 

 

http://www.tribunesandtriumphs.org/roman-empire/causes-for-the-fall-of-the-roman-empire.htm

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5427
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Stop

Brian37 wrote:

Stop projecting yourself on me. I don't want what Bill Gates has. You cant eat money anyway. I'd probably be making a good guess thaty you have seen Sagan's Pale Blue Dot speech. You know, the one where he says both friend and foe, rich and poor alike all meet the same fate. 

Having cleaned my x landlord's house, a rich liberal FYI, and it was a huge house, taking 6 hours to clean  I can tell you I don't want a house that size. And people who have multiple cars, outside two, after that it seems a bit absurd. Sure, if people want those things nobody is saying they cant or should not. It is the gorging that has gotten out of whack. Not because of material things by themselves, but the cost for the middle class and working poor are not keeping up with the cost of living as far as wages. Nothing more than that. 

I am not jealous of those who have more than me. So stop using "you are not deserving of what he has". I am not comparing myself to him. I am sorry it bothers you that I am not into the same things you are but you are being stupid and your logic sucks.

 

So you're not jealous, you don't want what he has, but you want more money.... that will come from where?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Asking Brian this question

Asking Brian this question again here, since it wasn't answered before

Quote:
I'm curious...since you're a fan of pro football; do you think professional athletes deserve the salaries they currently earn?

 

 

 

 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5427
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Nobody who has

Brian37 wrote:

Nobody who has ever lived or is living or will live is "better".

 

Nonsense. Clearly there have been many humans who have been better than others at a great many things. Evolution isn't fair, sometimes someone gets great looks, high intelligence and athleticism- while another is ugly, dumb and physically weak. The only question is what means you use to measure better from worse, which is obviously subjective. 

 

Quote:

Hitler could have stopped by taking a couple of smaller countries but got greedy. 

Brian pretends he understands WWII.

 

Quote:

Now yet another link, the only argument you could make was my argument may only have been one factor. But I am not inncorrect as to it being part of the theory.

And look at that, one of the 8  listed says "overexpansion and over spending on military". 

http://www.history.com/news/history-lists/8-reasons-why-rome-fell Interesting quote in it was "the widening gap between the rich and poor"

The History Channel, the same channel that constantly advocates that aliens were involved with ancient civilizations, Nostradamus was prophetic and that the Bible is 100% true. Even so, Brian fails to even read the whole quote that contained his buzzwords- "oppressive taxation and inflation had widened the gap between rich and poor. In the hope of avoiding the taxman, many members of the wealthy classes had even fled to the countryside and set up independent fiefdoms." So what CAUSED the dreaded wealth gap (according to a two bit article written by a hack, but hey, Brian thinks it is legit) oppressive taxation, kind of sounds like something Regan would say. Though I'm not entirely sure why we are discussing the fall of Rome in this thread.   

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5427
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 For anyone who might be

 For anyone who might be interested in the history of Rome, I would highly recommend listening to "The History of Rome" podcast by Mike Duncan. He does a great job going through the rise and fall of Rome. It is like 180 half hour episodes, so it is pretty damn thorough, and accurate. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13184
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
Brian37 wrote:Nobody who has

Brian37 wrote:
Nobody who has ever lived or is living or will live is "better".

Brian tells himself this over and over in the futile hope it will make it true.

Brian37 wrote:
There is simply better logic and better ways of treating your fellow human.

Two things Brian fails at miserably, which is why everyone is demonstrably better than Brian.

Brian37 wrote:
Don't sit there and say you accept science and say stupid shit like that.

Brian is the only one saying stupid shit.

Brian37 wrote:
You sound exactly like a theist when they argue "How come you quote the bible if you don't believe in it".

Projection.

Brian37 wrote:
Hitler could have stopped by taking a couple of smaller countries but got greedy. 

Ignorance of history.

Brian37 wrote:
Now yet another link, the only argument you could make was my argument may only have been one factor. But I am not inncorrect as to it being part of the theory.

Strawman.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13184
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote: For

Beyond Saving wrote:

 For anyone who might be interested in the history of Rome, I would highly recommend listening to "The History of Rome" podcast by Mike Duncan. He does a great job going through the rise and fall of Rome. It is like 180 half hour episodes, so it is pretty damn thorough, and accurate. 

Sweet I was wondering what I should watch next.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15660
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Stop projecting yourself on me. I don't want what Bill Gates has. You cant eat money anyway. I'd probably be making a good guess thaty you have seen Sagan's Pale Blue Dot speech. You know, the one where he says both friend and foe, rich and poor alike all meet the same fate. 

Having cleaned my x landlord's house, a rich liberal FYI, and it was a huge house, taking 6 hours to clean  I can tell you I don't want a house that size. And people who have multiple cars, outside two, after that it seems a bit absurd. Sure, if people want those things nobody is saying they cant or should not. It is the gorging that has gotten out of whack. Not because of material things by themselves, but the cost for the middle class and working poor are not keeping up with the cost of living as far as wages. Nothing more than that. 

I am not jealous of those who have more than me. So stop using "you are not deserving of what he has". I am not comparing myself to him. I am sorry it bothers you that I am not into the same things you are but you are being stupid and your logic sucks.

 

So you're not jealous, you don't want what he has, but you want more money.... that will come from where?

Stop projecting yourself on me. There is a huge difference between wanting more stability and outright greed. I am not jealous of weathy people. Even without wealth fame can put people in a fishbowl, and that isn't always fun for those who get the attention. Even in the issue of court cases, the accused gets aquitted or convicted, and you have armchair media and public commenting about support or condemnation. 

OF course I want to be stable. Stop saying that that means I am jealous. Some people are into baseball, some people are into football. Some people don't like sports at all. Saying that the pay gap is hurting us doesn't mean I am jeolous or even greedy. 

I am lucky, I have support right now. I know compaired to others I have it good by comparrison. But that does not mean I secretly want to be Trump or the Walmart Family. If anything, you want me to be jealous so you can jusify your own greed. Now if that is not the case stop putting thoughts in my head that are not there.

When I was a kid I was jealous. All the guys on my block had the more expensive popular BMX bikes with mag rims. I wanted one because they had one. My mom bought me a cheap ross with spokes. Not only did I not get what I wanted, I got picked on for having less. It was hurtful and judmental on their part. But I look back at what my mom did and accept now that she was right. Even back then without realising it, I was better off than kids who didn't have bikes at all. 

There was a time when I would have thought like you. A time when I was impressed with expensive things. But not anymore. Material things come and go. Wanting more stability is not the same as outright greed. I think most humans are lucky if they can pay their bills and keep food on the table and have enough loving friends and family to keep them from depression or desperation. 

You are not a bad guy, you are not evil for having more. OK! What is wrong is that you live in a bubble. Nobody is saying you need to be poor to prove yourself. Nobody is sayint don't have more. OK! But that does not mean I secretely want to be you. It is NOT your desires it is your attitude. 

Our global climate is undermining worker stability and if it keeps going like that there will be more poverty and more conflict. What impressed me was you offering me tickets dispite our differences. Not where you live or what you own, but the fact you thought of me. Now I really don't care if I was even a third choice. It did mean something to me. 

Now that comes from a childhood of trying to impress people and having parents who bought me argyle sweaters and trying to teach me to be "proper" to fit in with their middle class adult friends. I was more of a kid just like a cat, more interested than playing with the box, than the toy itself. But I didn't know any better. When I failed to please my parents or impress people who didn't like me, I made myself a doormat. 

Now even with the tickets, the thought is what mattered, not the cost. If it had been a minor leage game or cheap noseblead seats, I still would have considered going. I have no disire to be in an expensive luxury box anymore than first class on a plane. It matters who I go to the game with, and who I am sitting on the plane with, not how much was paid for it. I don't know how more clear I can make that.

 Oh and yes, I wasn't expecting you to give that ticket too me. But again, the offer is what counted. But considering just distance alone, even a cheap ticket would have been impractical. 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13184
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
Brian lies, projects his

Brian lies, projects his projection again, fails at reading comprehension, and throws out the typical array of red herrings and strawmen in a wall of text very few people have any interest in wading through.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
yeah, the whole

yeah, the whole five-paragraph response to one sentence is really getting old, especially since brian only half-heartedly acknowledges his opponent's point in the first sentence or two, then proceeds with his usual ctrl+v of stock phrases, and ends with telling us all to grow the fuck up. he's a lot like ray comfort in this: just give him an opening and he'll start on the same old broken record. simply replace "have you ever told a lie?" with "it's complicated. NO SHIT!" or maybe "if...IF..."

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5427
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Stop

Brian37 wrote:

Stop projecting yourself on me. There is a huge difference between wanting more stability and outright greed.

Okay, so answer the question, where is "more stability" going to come from if not from him? If it does come from him, then you do want part of what he has. I think it is greedy to want something for nothing, but we can throw that word out if you want since it is subjective.

 

Quote:

If anything, you want me to be jealous so you can jusify your own greed. Now if that is not the case stop putting thoughts in my head that are not there.

I didn't say anything about you being jealous. I merely questioned if you don't want anything from him, then where do you expect the money to come from for you to be more stable. A question you failed to answer. 

 

Quote:

You are not a bad guy, you are not evil for having more. OK! What is wrong is that you live in a bubble. Nobody is saying you need to be poor to prove yourself. Nobody is sayint don't have more. OK! But that does not mean I secretely want to be you. It is NOT your desires it is your attitude. 

My bubble is substantially larger than the little one you have cloistered yourself into. 

 

Quote:

Our global climate is undermining worker stability and if it keeps going like that there will be more poverty and more conflict. What impressed me was you offering me tickets dispite our differences. Not where you live or what you own, but the fact you thought of me. Now I really don't care if I was even a third choice. It did mean something to me. 

So the reason you struggle with stability is because of climate change? 

 

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5427
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Since Brian seems to be ignoring this question.

zarathustra wrote:

Asking Brian this question again here, since it wasn't answered before

Quote:
I'm curious...since you're a fan of pro football; do you think professional athletes deserve the salaries they currently earn?

 

 

 

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15660
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Stop projecting yourself on me. I don't want what Bill Gates has. You cant eat money anyway. I'd probably be making a good guess thaty you have seen Sagan's Pale Blue Dot speech. You know, the one where he says both friend and foe, rich and poor alike all meet the same fate. 

Having cleaned my x landlord's house, a rich liberal FYI, and it was a huge house, taking 6 hours to clean  I can tell you I don't want a house that size. And people who have multiple cars, outside two, after that it seems a bit absurd. Sure, if people want those things nobody is saying they cant or should not. It is the gorging that has gotten out of whack. Not because of material things by themselves, but the cost for the middle class and working poor are not keeping up with the cost of living as far as wages. Nothing more than that. 

I am not jealous of those who have more than me. So stop using "you are not deserving of what he has". I am not comparing myself to him. I am sorry it bothers you that I am not into the same things you are but you are being stupid and your logic sucks.

 

So you're not jealous, you don't want what he has, but you want more money.... that will come from where?

Stop projecting thoughts in my head that are NOT there. This is about stability, not greed. You simply would like everyone to think like you so you can justify what you do. It is much harder for most humans on any subject to consider that maybe that isn't the best tactic to use currently.

You have more thian me, good for you. Any sane human being is going to want more stability, not less. Somehow you equate that to robbery of those with more. NO SO PLEASE FUCKING STOP MAKING SUCH A CHILDISH ARGUMENT!

You do this with every subject we talk about. Nobody is out to get you dude. Nobody is saying don't have more. SO FUCKING STOP IT!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15660
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Stop projecting yourself on me. There is a huge difference between wanting more stability and outright greed.

Okay, so answer the question, where is "more stability" going to come from if not from him? If it does come from him, then you do want part of what he has. I think it is greedy to want something for nothing, but we can throw that word out if you want since it is subjective.

 

Quote:

If anything, you want me to be jealous so you can jusify your own greed. Now if that is not the case stop putting thoughts in my head that are not there.

I didn't say anything about you being jealous. I merely questioned if you don't want anything from him, then where do you expect the money to come from for you to be more stable. A question you failed to answer. 

 

Quote:

You are not a bad guy, you are not evil for having more. OK! What is wrong is that you live in a bubble. Nobody is saying you need to be poor to prove yourself. Nobody is sayint don't have more. OK! But that does not mean I secretely want to be you. It is NOT your desires it is your attitude. 

My bubble is substantially larger than the little one you have cloistered yourself into. 

 

Quote:

Our global climate is undermining worker stability and if it keeps going like that there will be more poverty and more conflict. What impressed me was you offering me tickets dispite our differences. Not where you live or what you own, but the fact you thought of me. Now I really don't care if I was even a third choice. It did mean something to me. 

So the reason you struggle with stability is because of climate change? 

 

 

Selection bais, sample rate error. How as an indivual get supported is what you are childhishly demonizing. Bob doesn't give a fuck, my friend John doesn't give a fuck, my mom doesn't. Only you give a fuck. I am glad I am not married to you because you'd be the type of asshole who says "I pay the bills you will except what I give you". You have simply projected that mentality into your economic views.

When you take the sample of the entire population of the world into account climate change does have an impact. From the middle east to California. Drought, wildfires, hurricanes, extreme heat, extreme cold, all have an affect on our resources. When that climate change affects our resources, people panic. when their governments do not respond, they get angry to the point of revolution. You cannot simply shit all over the planet without it biting back. 

The sick part of GLOBAL GDP is that our planet DOES have pleanty of wealth to end poverty to a great degree. I am not concerned about how I live and not ashamed in the least about being supported. I am sorry it bothers you, but that is your baggage, not mine. There still are others not as lucky as me who are poor, and even middle class and rich people who would AGREE WITH ME not you.

You are looking at me as an individual, so if you want to say I am an asshole for the way I live, that still leaves other humans worldwide affected by instability. 

Bill Gates on top of climate scientists agree. Nick Hanaure also says better pay creates more econoomic stability. Global corporatism is NOT doing enough to slow down pollution or reduce global poverty. That is a fact regardess of what you think of me personally.

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13184
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
More red herrings, strawmen,

More red herrings, strawmen, projections, and lies by Brian. He even is guilty of the very things he's accusing Beyond of now: selection bias and sample rate error. lmfao

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5427
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Stop projecting yourself on me. I don't want what Bill Gates has. You cant eat money anyway. I'd probably be making a good guess thaty you have seen Sagan's Pale Blue Dot speech. You know, the one where he says both friend and foe, rich and poor alike all meet the same fate. 

Having cleaned my x landlord's house, a rich liberal FYI, and it was a huge house, taking 6 hours to clean  I can tell you I don't want a house that size. And people who have multiple cars, outside two, after that it seems a bit absurd. Sure, if people want those things nobody is saying they cant or should not. It is the gorging that has gotten out of whack. Not because of material things by themselves, but the cost for the middle class and working poor are not keeping up with the cost of living as far as wages. Nothing more than that. 

I am not jealous of those who have more than me. So stop using "you are not deserving of what he has". I am not comparing myself to him. I am sorry it bothers you that I am not into the same things you are but you are being stupid and your logic sucks.

 

So you're not jealous, you don't want what he has, but you want more money.... that will come from where?

Stop projecting thoughts in my head that are NOT there. This is about stability, not greed. You simply would like everyone to think like you so you can justify what you do. It is much harder for most humans on any subject to consider that maybe that isn't the best tactic to use currently.

You have more thian me, good for you. Any sane human being is going to want more stability, not less. Somehow you equate that to robbery of those with more. NO SO PLEASE FUCKING STOP MAKING SUCH A CHILDISH ARGUMENT!

You do this with every subject we talk about. Nobody is out to get you dude. Nobody is saying don't have more. SO FUCKING STOP IT!

I wasnt projecting anything, it was a QUESTION. One which you failed to answer. Okay, so you aren't out to get my money, or Bill Gates' money, so where is your "stability" going to come from?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5427
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Selection

Brian37 wrote:

Selection bais, sample rate error. How as an indivual get supported is what you are childhishly demonizing. Bob doesn't give a fuck, my friend John doesn't give a fuck, my mom doesn't. Only you give a fuck.

I don't give a fuck if you are even stable. Go live in a ditch for all I care. Or mooch off whoever you can convince to give you money. When you use government police power to take from someone else for yourself then I have an issue.

 

Quote:

I am glad I am not married to you because you'd be the type of asshole who says "I pay the bills you will except what I give you". You have simply projected that mentality into your economic views.

My ex-wife was a competent, strong and independent woman. If I ever get married again, it will be a strong, competent and independent person. So you have no fears there. I don't even date people who can't take care of their own shit. If I wanted a dependent, I'd have a kid or two.

 

Quote:

The sick part of GLOBAL GDP is that our planet DOES have pleanty of wealth to end poverty to a great degree. I am not concerned about how I live and not ashamed in the least about being supported. I am sorry it bothers you, but that is your baggage, not mine. There still are others not as lucky as me who are poor, and even middle class and rich people who would AGREE WITH ME not you.

Global gdp per capita is $10,500. There isn't enough to redistribute and expect everyone to be wealthy. We need to produce more. Last time I checked $10,500 is below poverty in the US.

 

Quote:

You are looking at me as an individual, so if you want to say I am an asshole for the way I live, that still leaves other humans worldwide affected by instability. 

Bill Gates on top of climate scientists agree. Nick Hanaure also says better pay creates more econoomic stability. Global corporatism is NOT doing enough to slow down pollution or reduce global poverty. That is a fact regardess of what you think of me personally.

Again, how is climate change preventing you from making money? If anything, it has created a shit ton of decent paying jobs for people searching for solutions. None of which I'm sure you have sought. You like to bitch, but you do nothing to help alleviate the problem. I have 47 employees today who are plenty stable (or should be if they are decently responsible with their money) because of the company my partners and I have built. What have you done to alleviate poverty for even a single person with your life?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X