Coffee, Tea or Idiocy......

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Coffee, Tea or Idiocy......

 Oh how the right screams about the free market, but when they don't kiss the magic baby's ass they get all buthurt.

Starbucks didn't put the magic baby's name on their cups and didn't put the Constitutionally mandated "YOU WILL FUCKING BE ARRESTED IF YOU DONT SAY MARRY CRHISTMAS"

And resident retard 

https://www.facebook.com/joshua.feuerstein.5/?fref=ts Doesn't even know the history of that holiday and it's pagan roots. Way to go Starbucks!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Yeah, cause they totally

Yeah, cause they totally intended to piss people off just to make your dumb ass happy. *rolls eyes*

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Yeah, cause

Vastet wrote:
Yeah, cause they totally intended to piss people off just to make your dumb ass happy. *rolls eyes*

 

NO asshole. You are stuck on me like a stalker. You hate me so much but you still respond to me.

 

I could give one fuck less if a business uses either "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays". Christians are the ones getting all fucking buthurt because more people are saying they don't own the narrative of how a holiday should be celebrated. Now when they or you can show me where the Constitution mandates a private business has to say "Christmas" instead of "Holiday" I will concede. 

FYI a  local mall here put up an "iceburg" instead of a Christmas tree, there was a backlash and the mall ended up putting the tree  back up. That is part of the free market, I am not buthurt over that.

The point is Mcfly in the secular west, we are all free to celebrate any day of the year or not celebrate it. Religious pecking orders are what theocracies set up. Since we are not a theocracy I could give one fuck less if they get offended because Starbucks didn't honor a magic baby. The right doesn't want to share, they want to dictate. They threw a fit over the Tree of Knowledge Margerate Downey put up. 

I am going to my mom's December 25th because she is into it, not me. We will exchange gifts and spend a few hours together and I will come home, drink beer and post on line. I am under NO obligation to celebrate a magic baby or go to church or even call it "Christmas". If others do they can. The planet was around long before humans stole the winter solstice celebration and stuck the idea into Christianity.

None of these assholes scream about Ramadan not being celebrated.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 I am not obligated to sell

 I am not obligated to sell fireworks for the 4th of July. I am not obligated to celebrate Groundhog day either. Any day of the year I can simply stay at home and do nothing. Or I can go out for pizza or Chinese and skip the hype of ANY holiday. Just like there are people who DONT watch the Superbowl. I can celebrate "Festivus" if I wanted, not that I want to.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5402
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:NO asshole.

Brian37 wrote:

NO asshole. You are stuck on me like a stalker. You hate me so much but you still respond to me.

Yes, and he announced beforehand what he was going to do. Do you remember why?

 

Quote:

 

I could give one fuck less if a business uses either "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays". Christians are the ones getting all fucking buthurt because more people are saying they don't own the narrative of how a holiday should be celebrated. Now when they or you can show me where the Constitution mandates a private business has to say "Christmas" instead of "Holiday" I will concede. 

So you concede to tyranny if it is government enforced, but if a citizen just encourages people to voluntarily avoid a business you throw a fit? He isn't proposing a law forcing Starbucks to say Merry Christmas is he? 

 

Quote:

FYI a  local mall here put up an "iceburg" instead of a Christmas tree, there was a backlash and the mall ended up putting the tree  back up. That is part of the free market, I am not buthurt over that.

Then why are you over this kook?

 

Quote:

The point is Mcfly in the secular west, we are all free to celebrate any day of the year or not celebrate it. Religious pecking orders are what theocracies set up. Since we are not a theocracy I could give one fuck less if they get offended because Starbucks didn't honor a magic baby. The right doesn't want to share, they want to dictate. They threw a fit over the Tree of Knowledge Margerate Downey put up. 

Is he pushing for a law or the use of violence?

 

Quote:

I am going to my mom's December 25th because she is into it, not me. We will exchange gifts and spend a few hours together and I will come home, drink beer and post on line. I am under NO obligation to celebrate a magic baby or go to church or even call it "Christmas". If others do they can. The planet was around long before humans stole the winter solstice celebration and stuck the idea into Christianity.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you don't get into giving presents. 

 

 

 

 

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:NO asshole.

Brian37 wrote:
NO asshole. You are stuck on me like a stalker. You hate me so much but you still respond to me.

YES, asshole.
What Beyond said.

Brian37 wrote:
I could give one fuck less if a business uses either "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays". Christians are the ones getting all fucking buthurt because more people are saying they don't own the narrative of how a holiday should be celebrated. Now when they or you can show me where the Constitution mandates a private business has to say "Christmas" instead of "Holiday" I will concede. 

FYI a  local mall here put up an "iceburg" instead of a Christmas tree, there was a backlash and the mall ended up putting the tree  back up. That is part of the free market, I am not buthurt over that.

Brian totally missing the point.

Brian37 wrote:
The point is Mcfly in the secular west, we are all free to celebrate any day of the year or not celebrate it.

You can do that almost anywhere, retard. Even Vatican City won't put a gun to your head and make you sing xmas carols.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
religious belief has nothing

religious belief has nothing to do with being leftist or rightist. some of the most recognizable faces of rightism were either self-professed agnostics or atheists, e.g., ayn rand, milton friedman, and sidney hook.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:religious

iwbiek wrote:
religious belief has nothing to do with being leftist or rightist. some of the most recognizable faces of rightism were either self-professed agnostics or atheists, e.g., ayn rand, milton friedman, and sidney hook.

 

Yes it does. Both left and right use the very same books to come to very different concllusions which DOES cause conflict. It is why Sunnis and Shiites cant get along. It is why Conservitive Baptists and Liberal Baptists cant get along. It is why conservateive Catholics and Liberal Catholics cant get along. It is also why people who use different holy books cant get along. 

Now dumbass, this has NOTHING to do with wanting to force religion out of existence. It has to do with our species failure to see the poison religion is. The fact some find comfort in it, and that most humans can be empathetic, does not change the poison religon is. Once you accept that, you can minimize the harm it does. It is why in the west we have common law and why we don't base our common law on any holy book. 

It is no different than accepting that a volcano is a volcano. Most of the time it is dormant and you learn to live with it. But to pretend it cant blow or wont blow is fucking stupid. As long as you have different sects of any religion you will have people fighting over how to interpret the book, and who is a "true" yadda yadda, and those people ALWAYS make attempts to interject their interpretations of their religions into pulbic policy. 

 

Now again, I'd like to use my own voice, in voice only, to attack this archaic mythological tribalism and get people to understand more that our species ability to be cruel or compassonate is not in our labels, but in our evolution. Not expecting a perfect world. But really no different than what Penn has said, "Don't hate the faithful, hate faith itself, fuck faith".

 

Despite you stoogies overblowing my blasphemy I am sorry you idiots cant accept I have no disire to get into any physical conflict with anyone, much less a litteral war.  But I am not going to lose any sleep over your idiotic false portrayals of me. You have every legal right to do so. I simply think you are full of fucking shit.

I do love my species evolutionary ability to be compassionate. But I think it is way past time we stop attributing either the good or bad that happen in life to superstition and naked assertions. 

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
NO asshole. You are stuck on me like a stalker. You hate me so much but you still respond to me.
YES, asshole. What Beyond said.
Brian37 wrote:
I could give one fuck less if a business uses either "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays". Christians are the ones getting all fucking buthurt because more people are saying they don't own the narrative of how a holiday should be celebrated. Now when they or you can show me where the Constitution mandates a private business has to say "Christmas" instead of "Holiday" I will concede.  FYI a  local mall here put up an "iceburg" instead of a Christmas tree, there was a backlash and the mall ended up putting the tree  back up. That is part of the free market, I am not buthurt over that.
Brian totally missing the point.
Brian37 wrote:
The point is Mcfly in the secular west, we are all free to celebrate any day of the year or not celebrate it.
You can do that almost anywhere, retard. Even Vatican City won't put a gun to your head and make you sing xmas carols.

Not now the Vatican wont, but not because they origionally behaved that way. At the time of the start of that institution they were living in a very theocratic time on par with what we see in the Middle East today. Religion didn't become civil because of a holy book. It became civil in the west because even the religious CHOSE to ignore the nasty bits. 

Don't sit there and say you criticise religion then stupidly ignore the history of it. Christianity was as once barbaric as far too much of Islam is still today.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Yes it

Brian37 wrote:
Yes it does.

No, it doesn't.

Brian37 wrote:
Both left and right use the very same books

Funny how this total waste of life contradicts himself so quickly.

Brian37 wrote:
Not now the Vatican wont, but not because they origionally behaved that way.

Brian makes shit up again. No surprise. Of course he can't come up with any evidence that the vatican ever forced anyone to celebrate xmas. Even if it existed, Brian is completely against making factual statements based on evidence. Which is why he's exactly the same as any random theist extremist.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
http://theodysseyonline.com/o

http://theodysseyonline.com/oklahoma-st/im-christian-and-im-not-offended-by-the-starbucks-holiday-cups/213354

Now, this is what I mean. Getting more of the world regardless of label, to not freak out, is really all I am talking about. Even when it comes to getting a deity or holy book picked on.

So what is your fucking argument now? It still wont stop me from saying magic babies are fictional. It wont stop me from saying Jesus didn't exist. It wont stop me from saying that that holiday was stolen from prior pagan holidays.

But as far as legal rights, I have no desire to tell this Christian not to celebrate that holiday they way they wish. One issue is about human rights and legal rights and the other is the issue of credibility of the claim.

You morons need to grow the fuck up. We have one planet and flipping out over picking on a god, or even the mere decorations on a fucking cup is petty when we have pollution, climate change, famine, disease and war to worry about.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Yes it does.
No, it doesn't.
Brian37 wrote:
Both left and right use the very same books
Funny how this total waste of life contradicts himself so quickly.
Brian37 wrote:
Not now the Vatican wont, but not because they origionally behaved that way.
Brian makes shit up again. No surprise. Of course he can't come up with any evidence that the vatican ever forced anyone to celebrate xmas. Even if it existed, Brian is completely against making factual statements based on evidence. Which is why he's exactly the same as any random theist extremist.

Not making shit up at all. So Muslims, both Sunni and Shiite don't use the Koran? Catholics and Baptists dont believe in the Abrahamic god of Jesus? 

Fuck you idiot. There are liberal Christians and conservitive Christians. There are liberal Jews and Conservative Jews. There are Liberal Muslims and Conservative Muslims. The same three books, the fact that some sects have different versions doesn't change that they all stem from the same God of Abraham. It still amounts to all of them looking in a comic book, deciding not only what is good for them, but make excuses to be divided over it. I don't blame liberals of any of the three for their empathy. I do blame them for giving cover to the violent ones precisely because they ignor that it is the same God with the same literary roots. 

The Catholic Church only behaves itself now because it has had a couple hundred years of a leash on it. But even now it still promotes sexism not allowing female priests, took forever to give a half assed apology about its child molesters. And the Catholic League is conservitive compared to liberal Catholics. 

Liberal Jews in America whom voted for Obama would be willing to sit next to women on a passenger jet. 

 

 

 

 

 

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/10/us/aboard-flights-conflicts-over-seat-assignments-and-religion.html?_r=0

You want to argue with me that Jews who voted for Obama in America don't have the same religion or same god of Yahweh as the right wing sexist fucks in that article?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Not making

Brian37 wrote:
Not making shit up at all.

Lies, as evidenced by his lack of evidence.

Brian37 wrote:
So Muslims, both Sunni and Shiite don't use the Koran? Catholics and Baptists dont believe in the Abrahamic god of Jesus? 

Strawman.

Brian37 wrote:
Fuck you idiot.

No retard, fuck you.

Brian37 wrote:
There are liberal Christians and conservitive Christians. There are Liberal Muslims and Conservative Muslims.

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
The same three books, the fact that some sects have different versions doesn't change that they all stem from the same God of Abraham. It still amounts to all of them looking in a comic book, deciding not only what is good for them, but make excuses to be divided over it.

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
I don't blame liberals of any of the three for their empathy. I do blame them for giving cover to the violent ones precisely because they ignor that it is the same God with the same literary roots. 

Implied strawman.

Brian37 wrote:
The Catholic Church only behaves itself now because it has had a couple hundred years of a leash on it.

Dodging the argument.

Brian37 wrote:
But even now it still promotes sexism not allowing female priests, took forever to give a half assed apology about its child molesters. And the Catholic League is conservitive compared to liberal Catholics. 

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
Liberal Jews in America whom voted for Obama would be willing to sit next to women on a passenger jet. 

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/10/us/aboard-flights-conflicts-over-seat-assignments-and-religion.html?_r=0
You want to argue with me that Jews who voted for Obama in America don't have the same religion or same god of Yahweh as the right wing sexist fucks in that article?

Strawman.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 There you go with that

 There you go with that stupid fucking word again.

 

Before you get to the Torah, Talmud, OT, Bible or Koran, you have to at a minimum establish the nessesity of a god. The books are fucking irrelevant outside the human right to make any claim you want or belong to whatever club you want.

Since nobody can do that, what I am disscussing about those who compete within those books, it causes problems, which it does. It does matter that humans can pick up even the exact same versions. Catholics are not all lock step reading the KJV otherwise you wouldn't have the Catholic League shitting their pants over the Pope's appearant move to some more progressive posiitions. 

Others use the NIV and even those who do can either be liberal or conservative. And most certainly with the Koran and Islam. 

The west became civil in spite of religion, not becuase of it.

 

 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: There you go

Brian37 wrote:
 There you go with that stupid fucking word again.

Brian hates logic.

Brian37 wrote:
Before you get to the Torah, Talmud, OT, Bible or Koran, you have to at a minimum establish the nessesity of a god. The books are fucking irrelevant outside the human right to make any claim you want or belong to whatever club you want.

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
Since nobody can do that, what I am disscussing about those who compete within those books, it causes problems, which it does. It does matter that humans can pick up even the exact same versions. Catholics are not all lock step reading the KJV otherwise you wouldn't have the Catholic League shitting their pants over the Pope's appearant move to some more progressive posiitions. 

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
Others use the NIV and even those who do can either be liberal or conservative. And most certainly with the Koran and Islam. 

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
The west became civil in spite of religion, not becuase of it.

Red herring.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
 There you go with that stupid fucking word again.
Brian hates logic.
Brian37 wrote:
Before you get to the Torah, Talmud, OT, Bible or Koran, you have to at a minimum establish the nessesity of a god. The books are fucking irrelevant outside the human right to make any claim you want or belong to whatever club you want.
Red herring.
Brian37 wrote:
Since nobody can do that, what I am disscussing about those who compete within those books, it causes problems, which it does. It does matter that humans can pick up even the exact same versions. Catholics are not all lock step reading the KJV otherwise you wouldn't have the Catholic League shitting their pants over the Pope's appearant move to some more progressive posiitions. 
Red herring.
Brian37 wrote:
Others use the NIV and even those who do can either be liberal or conservative. And most certainly with the Koran and Islam. 
Red herring.
Brian37 wrote:
The west became civil in spite of religion, not becuase of it.
Red herring.

Cut the fucking crap. You are the one overcomplicating everything.

This is not brain surgury. Humans make up gods, invent needless clubs they call religion in a universe that doesn't give one fuck about any of us. Your word salad is after the fact and you have gotten stuck in their comic books. 

What this idiot is doing would be no different than if NFL fans threw a fit because those who don't care about that sport or don't like it ran into a bar that wasn't advertising Superbowl Sunday. Unforrtunately this isn't simply someone arguing over which sport is better than the other. This idiot really thinks the world will end if Starbucks doesn't put Christmas Trees or snoflakes on a coffee cup. My point is the world was around and humans were fucking long before Starbucks or the concoction of magic babies.

So spare me your crap when you go after Fonzie and are too stupid to see what I am saying. Grow the fuck up.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

NO asshole. You are stuck on me like a stalker. You hate me so much but you still respond to me.

Yes, and he announced beforehand what he was going to do. Do you remember why?

 

Quote:

 

I could give one fuck less if a business uses either "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays". Christians are the ones getting all fucking buthurt because more people are saying they don't own the narrative of how a holiday should be celebrated. Now when they or you can show me where the Constitution mandates a private business has to say "Christmas" instead of "Holiday" I will concede. 

So you concede to tyranny if it is government enforced, but if a citizen just encourages people to voluntarily avoid a business you throw a fit? He isn't proposing a law forcing Starbucks to say Merry Christmas is he? 

 

Quote:

FYI a  local mall here put up an "iceburg" instead of a Christmas tree, there was a backlash and the mall ended up putting the tree  back up. That is part of the free market, I am not buthurt over that.

Then why are you over this kook?

 

Quote:

The point is Mcfly in the secular west, we are all free to celebrate any day of the year or not celebrate it. Religious pecking orders are what theocracies set up. Since we are not a theocracy I could give one fuck less if they get offended because Starbucks didn't honor a magic baby. The right doesn't want to share, they want to dictate. They threw a fit over the Tree of Knowledge Margerate Downey put up. 

Is he pushing for a law or the use of violence?

 

Quote:

I am going to my mom's December 25th because she is into it, not me. We will exchange gifts and spend a few hours together and I will come home, drink beer and post on line. I am under NO obligation to celebrate a magic baby or go to church or even call it "Christmas". If others do they can. The planet was around long before humans stole the winter solstice celebration and stuck the idea into Christianity.

Somehow it doesn't surprise me that you don't get into giving presents.   

 

 

Material things come and go. And you don't need one day to give material things or your time. Humans have been giving time and material long before the Christmas holiday was stolen from pagan rituals. 

Yes it is nice to give things or get things, but there is no need to always make a fucking production out of it. The act of giving is not a product of religion, it is an act steming from the empathy and compassion side of our species evolution. Religion distorts the good part of our species as claiming it needs some sort of magic divine reason to do so.

Birthdays are celebrated worldwide. Humans born everyday. See there is your proof you can give and don't need a religious holiday to do so.  An education to me is the best gift you can give a society. The other thing is economic stability.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Cut the

Brian37 wrote:
Cut the fucking crap.

Says the loser who's spewing crap in all directions.

Brian37 wrote:
You are the one overcomplicating everything.

Says the retard who brought up 50+ different topics instead of dealing with the one simple topic I criticised him on.

Brian37 wrote:
This is not brain surgury. Humans make up gods, invent needless clubs they call religion in a universe that doesn't give one fuck about any of us. Your word salad is after the fact and you have gotten stuck in their comic books. 

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
What this idiot is doing would be no different than if NFL fans threw a fit because those who don't care about that sport or don't like it ran into a bar that wasn't advertising Superbowl Sunday. Unforrtunately this isn't simply someone arguing over which sport is better than the other. This idiot really thinks the world will end if Starbucks doesn't put Christmas Trees or snoflakes on a coffee cup. My point is the world was around and humans were fucking long before Starbucks or the concoction of magic babies.

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
So spare me your crap when you go after Fonzie and are too stupid to see what I am saying. Grow the fuck up.

Says the grown man who lives with his mommy because he can't survive on his own.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 And I don't even mind the

 And I don't even mind the "production" where humans go wrong is what this idiot is doing. Playing false maryter. I think even outside religion we all love an excuse to hang out with family, have fun and give. It is the obsession with tradition that pisses me off.  It is why in parts of the Middle East, even if you are not Muslim, you cant eat in public during Ramadan. It is the same stupid shit with blue laws in America. 

My take with Christmas is that it is overdone, both secular and religious. But none of that is saying the holiday should be banned at all. Just that nobody should get bent out of shape if if someone else does not do it the same way, or doesn't do it at all. For someone who masturbates over the free market, I find it funny you object to my argument.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:
Cut the fucking crap.
Says the loser who's spewing crap in all directions.
Brian37 wrote:
You are the one overcomplicating everything.
Says the retard who brought up 50+ different topics instead of dealing with the one simple topic I criticised him on.
Brian37 wrote:
This is not brain surgury. Humans make up gods, invent needless clubs they call religion in a universe that doesn't give one fuck about any of us. Your word salad is after the fact and you have gotten stuck in their comic books. 
Red herring.
Brian37 wrote:
What this idiot is doing would be no different than if NFL fans threw a fit because those who don't care about that sport or don't like it ran into a bar that wasn't advertising Superbowl Sunday. Unforrtunately this isn't simply someone arguing over which sport is better than the other. This idiot really thinks the world will end if Starbucks doesn't put Christmas Trees or snoflakes on a coffee cup. My point is the world was around and humans were fucking long before Starbucks or the concoction of magic babies.
Red herring.
Brian37 wrote:
So spare me your crap when you go after Fonzie and are too stupid to see what I am saying. Grow the fuck up.
Says the grown man who lives with his mommy because he can't survive on his own.
 

You are not paying my bills so what you think about how I survive doesn't mean shit to me. I doubt you would say the same to a woman supported by a rich man who doesn't have a job. You have admited to being strapped yourself. If your family offered to pay your bills for you, I would not give one fuck, in fact, I would be happy for you. It would be one less person on the streets possibly in the position of being desperate to the point of doing something stupid. Sexist much?

 

Make you a deal. Prove the nessesity of a God or even the existence of one, then I will take "strawman" and "red herring" word salad you keep pumping out into account. But religion hasn't even estblished shit before the first words of those comic books.
 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You are not

Brian37 wrote:
You are not paying my bills so what you think about how I survive doesn't mean shit to me.

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
I doubt you would say the same to a woman supported by a rich man who doesn't have a job

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
You have admited to being strapped yourself.

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
If your family offered to pay your bills for you, I would not give one fuck, in fact, I would be happy for you. It would be one less person on the streets possibly in the position of being desperate to the point of doing something stupid.

Red herring.

Brian37 wrote:
Sexist much?

Strawman.

Brian37 wrote:
Make you a deal. Prove the nessesity of a God or even the existence of one, then I will take "strawman" and "red herring" word salad you keep pumping out into account. But religion hasn't even estblished shit before the first words of those comic books.

Red herring + strawman.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
religious belief has nothing to do with being leftist or rightist. some of the most recognizable faces of rightism were either self-professed agnostics or atheists, e.g., ayn rand, milton friedman, and sidney hook.

 

Yes it does. Both left and right use the very same books to come to very different concllusions which DOES cause conflict. It is why Sunnis and Shiites cant get along. It is why Conservitive Baptists and Liberal Baptists cant get along. It is why conservateive Catholics and Liberal Catholics cant get along. It is also why people who use different holy books cant get along. 

Now dumbass, this has NOTHING to do with wanting to force religion out of existence. It has to do with our species failure to see the poison religion is. The fact some find comfort in it, and that most humans can be empathetic, does not change the poison religon is. Once you accept that, you can minimize the harm it does. It is why in the west we have common law and why we don't base our common law on any holy book. 

It is no different than accepting that a volcano is a volcano. Most of the time it is dormant and you learn to live with it. But to pretend it cant blow or wont blow is fucking stupid. As long as you have different sects of any religion you will have people fighting over how to interpret the book, and who is a "true" yadda yadda, and those people ALWAYS make attempts to interject their interpretations of their religions into pulbic policy. 

 

Now again, I'd like to use my own voice, in voice only, to attack this archaic mythological tribalism and get people to understand more that our species ability to be cruel or compassonate is not in our labels, but in our evolution. Not expecting a perfect world. But really no different than what Penn has said, "Don't hate the faithful, hate faith itself, fuck faith".

 

Despite you stoogies overblowing my blasphemy I am sorry you idiots cant accept I have no disire to get into any physical conflict with anyone, much less a litteral war.  But I am not going to lose any sleep over your idiotic false portrayals of me. You have every legal right to do so. I simply think you are full of fucking shit.

I do love my species evolutionary ability to be compassionate. But I think it is way past time we stop attributing either the good or bad that happen in life to superstition and naked assertions. 

 

 

 

 




so you're saying that the primary source used in political debate between leftists and rightists is the bible? and that the primary reason most people decide to lean left or right is religion?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:So Muslims,

Brian37 wrote:
So Muslims, both Sunni and Shiite don't use the Koran?



the primary differences between sunnis and shias has almost nothing to do with differences in interpreting the quran. i have explained to you time and again that the majority of muslims don't go mining the quran for "proof texts" like christians do the bible. the few that do almost certainly come from a christian background, and are probably westerners.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Brian37

iwbiek wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
religious belief has nothing to do with being leftist or rightist. some of the most recognizable faces of rightism were either self-professed agnostics or atheists, e.g., ayn rand, milton friedman, and sidney hook.

 

Yes it does. Both left and right use the very same books to come to very different concllusions which DOES cause conflict. It is why Sunnis and Shiites cant get along. It is why Conservitive Baptists and Liberal Baptists cant get along. It is why conservateive Catholics and Liberal Catholics cant get along. It is also why people who use different holy books cant get along. 

Now dumbass, this has NOTHING to do with wanting to force religion out of existence. It has to do with our species failure to see the poison religion is. The fact some find comfort in it, and that most humans can be empathetic, does not change the poison religon is. Once you accept that, you can minimize the harm it does. It is why in the west we have common law and why we don't base our common law on any holy book. 

It is no different than accepting that a volcano is a volcano. Most of the time it is dormant and you learn to live with it. But to pretend it cant blow or wont blow is fucking stupid. As long as you have different sects of any religion you will have people fighting over how to interpret the book, and who is a "true" yadda yadda, and those people ALWAYS make attempts to interject their interpretations of their religions into pulbic policy. 

 

Now again, I'd like to use my own voice, in voice only, to attack this archaic mythological tribalism and get people to understand more that our species ability to be cruel or compassonate is not in our labels, but in our evolution. Not expecting a perfect world. But really no different than what Penn has said, "Don't hate the faithful, hate faith itself, fuck faith".

 

Despite you stoogies overblowing my blasphemy I am sorry you idiots cant accept I have no disire to get into any physical conflict with anyone, much less a litteral war.  But I am not going to lose any sleep over your idiotic false portrayals of me. You have every legal right to do so. I simply think you are full of fucking shit.

I do love my species evolutionary ability to be compassionate. But I think it is way past time we stop attributing either the good or bad that happen in life to superstition and naked assertions. 

 

 

 

 


so you're saying that the primary source used in political debate between leftists and rightists is the bible? and that the primary reason most people decide to lean left or right is religion?

 

NO so quit accusing me of thing that are NOT in my head. All I said was that in any given religion, including those of Asia and the Orient, is that religion causes division. Those divisions can and to compete at a political level. 

NO, people lean left or right because they have no concept that their religion is not doing it. Our species ability to be cruel or comassionate is what is really going on. The right in any religion are the ones most likely or more likely to get violent. I only fault liberals of ANY religion for giving them cover in the intrest of protecting multiculteralism. Liberals of ANY religion have the empathy, but they, like the right get stuck on religion itself. 

The primary source is religion in the context that people make it the source, the problem is, that it does not have to be for either the left or right. It is why we came up with concepts of secular law. It is why "no religious test" is in our oath of office. It is why I would have voted for Jimmy Carter and did vote for Obama whom are Christians. But that still would not mean a god is real. It is also why I would NOT vote for Ayn Rand. 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I only fault

Brian37 wrote:

I only fault liberals of ANY religion for giving them cover in the intrest of protecting multiculteralism.




this is an assertion going at least as far back as dawkins that i have yet to see a shred of statistical evidence in support of.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5402
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:The right in

Brian37 wrote:

The right in any religion are the ones most likely or more likely to get violent.

Really? Ironic considering the origin of the use of left and right in politics was the first French Revolution because the two sides literally refused to sit next to each other. The left got extremely violent, and killed everyone they could, including any general who failed, any aristocrat they got their hands on, and often even each other for not being radical enough (like suggesting actual fair trials before executing).

By definition, "left" means wanting to upset the status quo, while "right" means wanting to maintain it- hence why the terms don't mean tghe same thing in different countries or even the same country at dfferent time periods. Those who aggressively promote change are almost always the catalysts of major internal violence.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

The right in any religion are the ones most likely or more likely to get violent.

Really? Ironic considering the origin of the use of left and right in politics was the first French Revolution because the two sides literally refused to sit next to each other. The left got extremely violent, and killed everyone they could, including any general who failed, any aristocrat they got their hands on, and often even each other for not being radical enough (like suggesting actual fair trials before executing).

By definition, "left" means wanting to upset the status quo, while "right" means wanting to maintain it- hence why the terms don't mean tghe same thing in different countries or even the same country at dfferent time periods. Those who aggressively promote change are almost always the catalysts of major internal violence.

 It is why you and I metaphorically refuse to sit next to each other. Maybe you should consider the reason religon sucks as far as a political barometer is the same reasion humans fail to see that the Jets and Patriots fans cant get along, or that Redskins and Cowboys fans cant get along. Now when violence is minimized to any fan arrested for getting drunk and stupid, when religion can  be religated to that minimization of harm to others, I will back off. But even in sports soccer fans and hockey fans and NFL fans will fight and even then someone ends up in the hospital or dead.  

Religion is sports without the recognition that it is sports to the point people kill over what amounts to picking the wrong club.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 I am going to give

 I am going to give everyone here credit for accepting science and that we ARE the same species regardless of of our diffeneces and how much we want to metphorically strangle each other.  But if we are the same species and we are, then the hate we have isn't for our fellow humans, it is a disagreement on how our species should move forward. We can refuse to back down from the other without forgetting we have one planet.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:Brian37 wrote:I

iwbiek wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

I only fault liberals of ANY religion for giving them cover in the intrest of protecting multiculteralism.


this is an assertion going at least as far back as dawkins that i have yet to see a shred of statistical evidence in support of.

 

You masturbaterbate over Buddhism on par with Harris. Now please tell me in scientific terms what religion caused life to start? Religion came after life, it was never a requirement for evolution to start. Religion is a human invention, nothting more.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

I only fault liberals of ANY religion for giving them cover in the intrest of protecting multiculteralism.


this is an assertion going at least as far back as dawkins that i have yet to see a shred of statistical evidence in support of.

 

You masturbaterbate over Buddhism on par with Harris. Now please tell me in scientific terms what religion caused life to start? Religion came after life, it was never a requirement for evolution to start. Religion is a human invention, nothting more.




i'm asking you to provide evidence for a claim you've made. you're asking me to provide evidence for a claim i've never made. that is what's happening here.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5402
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

The right in any religion are the ones most likely or more likely to get violent.

Really? Ironic considering the origin of the use of left and right in politics was the first French Revolution because the two sides literally refused to sit next to each other. The left got extremely violent, and killed everyone they could, including any general who failed, any aristocrat they got their hands on, and often even each other for not being radical enough (like suggesting actual fair trials before executing).

By definition, "left" means wanting to upset the status quo, while "right" means wanting to maintain it- hence why the terms don't mean tghe same thing in different countries or even the same country at dfferent time periods. Those who aggressively promote change are almost always the catalysts of major internal violence.

 It is why you and I metaphorically refuse to sit next to each other. Maybe you should consider the reason religon sucks as far as a political barometer is the same reasion humans fail to see that the Jets and Patriots fans cant get along, or that Redskins and Cowboys fans cant get along. Now when violence is minimized to any fan arrested for getting drunk and stupid, when religion can  be religated to that minimization of harm to others, I will back off. But even in sports soccer fans and hockey fans and NFL fans will fight and even then someone ends up in the hospital or dead.  

Religion is sports without the recognition that it is sports to the point people kill over what amounts to picking the wrong club.

99.99% of the time,wide scale killings occur over disputes in how government should be structured. Religion often pays a role in unifying one or both sides- after all church is often the only place that large groups of people get together and socialize. However the root of the argument is rarely religion. It is often who should control government. All of your babyish arguments could replace the word religion with government and it would be slightly more accurate (though still logically flawed).

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

The right in any religion are the ones most likely or more likely to get violent.

Really? Ironic considering the origin of the use of left and right in politics was the first French Revolution because the two sides literally refused to sit next to each other. The left got extremely violent, and killed everyone they could, including any general who failed, any aristocrat they got their hands on, and often even each other for not being radical enough (like suggesting actual fair trials before executing).

By definition, "left" means wanting to upset the status quo, while "right" means wanting to maintain it- hence why the terms don't mean tghe same thing in different countries or even the same country at dfferent time periods. Those who aggressively promote change are almost always the catalysts of major internal violence.

 It is why you and I metaphorically refuse to sit next to each other. Maybe you should consider the reason religon sucks as far as a political barometer is the same reasion humans fail to see that the Jets and Patriots fans cant get along, or that Redskins and Cowboys fans cant get along. Now when violence is minimized to any fan arrested for getting drunk and stupid, when religion can  be religated to that minimization of harm to others, I will back off. But even in sports soccer fans and hockey fans and NFL fans will fight and even then someone ends up in the hospital or dead.  

Religion is sports without the recognition that it is sports to the point people kill over what amounts to picking the wrong club.

99.99% of the time,wide scale killings occur over disputes in how government should be structured. Religion often pays a role in unifying one or both sides- after all church is often the only place that large groups of people get together and socialize. However the root of the argument is rarely religion. It is often who should control government. All of your babyish arguments could replace the word religion with government and it would be slightly more accurate (though still logically flawed).

Thanks for making my point for me. NO shit it is about "who should control  what". THAT is what makes religion poison. If you would fucking pull your head out of your ass you could see that. It IS about resources or "who should control what". NO FUCKING SHIT, religion makes a great distraction doesn't it?

Life is about resources, not sexy, no,  but that is all this is about in evolution. That is why our human invented convoluted clubs divide us needlessly. If more humans would see that, those who have the wealth to fight over "who controls what" wouldn't be so easly lead to murder their fellow human over ancient clubs and superstitions. 

AND fuck your bullshit implying I am suggesting replacing worship of religion with worship of government. NOTHING should be blindly worshiped.

Still buthurt because I wont give your fat guy fetish a pass.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Oh look, even Weird Al

Oh look, even Weird Al thinks the right is shitting their pants needlessly over the Starbucks cups.

https://www.facebook.com/weirdal/

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 You guys are fucking

 You guys are fucking halrious. You participate on one of the  most liberally politically incorrect website, knowing in fascist states all of us, including me, could be arrested and or worse. And and also to stupid to see that "that is not true" to many believers might as well be "FUCK YOU" or "I want you dead" . 

Fascist is what Saudi Arabia and North Korea do. The worst we do to each other here is say "fuck you".

In the west none of us are requred to like each other. But I am in no way even suggesting the forced irradication of religion by govenment force by calling it poison. You are the fuckwads who hypocritically while rightfully blasting it yourselves, get buthurt when I am really not doing anything differently.

Now, you all damned well know the age of the Universe, and only an idiot thinks "all this" was put here for humans. Please assholes, explain to me what is so fucking wrong with accepting reality? We no longer believe the earth is flat.

You accept religion as poison for the same reason you accept tornados and volcanos. Most of the time they don't affect us from our perspective, and I am saying is you HAVE to question and even blapsheme it to KEEP IT ON A LEASH. You damned well know I have no interest in sticking anyone in ovens. So stop that bullshit. It is merely  blunt chanange to my aidlow humans to think that maybe they got it wrong, just more blunt with my words than others here. 

Only an idiot thinks getting their religion or deity picked on is worse than being murdered over getting offended. AND the same can be said for picking on someones favorate politician. Civility isn't being free from getting offened, civility is what you DO when someone offends you. 

19 hijackers are what makes religion poison. Slavery and sexism are what make religion poison. Denying gays rights is what makes religion poison. <-------NOW DIPSHITS, you show me anywhere in that sentance the words "Use force to get rid of religion" Never will you hear me advocate for that. It is word of pragmatism I call it poison, not irradication. It is like trying to use a kaliedeoscope to view deep space. It not only does not work, people childishly defend it instead of scrapping bad ideas.

I DO value my species ability to be compassionate, and those who hold beliefs can and do display that compassion. BUT it isn't religion doing it, it is our speces.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 I also find it laughable

 I also find it laughable that you all have been cussing me out for years now, but somehow I advocate fascism? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4190
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
what north korea does is by

what north korea does is by definition the polar opposite of fascism. surprise, surprise, brian uses yet another buzz word he doesn't understand.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:what north

iwbiek wrote:
what north korea does is by definition the polar opposite of fascism. surprise, surprise, brian uses yet another buzz word he doesn't understand.

Excuse me? WOW, exactly how is North Korea not fascist? It is a one party state, just ike you have an immovable one God who writes all the rules and doesn't need your permission to rule over you. Does Un need permission to rule over the population  of North Korea? Are you really fucking that stupid to even imply that. He is most certainly a fascist you fucking idiot. If you think that is not a fascist state, go move there. 

That is some really good bath salts you are inhaling. Orwell meant 1984 as a warning, not a playbook.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 He he he he North Korea is

 He he he he North Korea is not a fascist state? OOOOOOOOKaaaaaaaay.........Fine, go take a vaction there, leave a bible in a hotel room, see what happens. Or tell your handler who will follow you arroud  that Un is an asshole, you'll be lucky if all they do is deport you.

Wow, I expect you to call me names and hate me for picking on your fat guy fetish, but this has to be the most bat shit crazy argument I have ever seen you make. Ok Dennis Rodman.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian demonstrates yet again

Brian demonstrates yet again his poor reading comprehension, quotes a celebrity as if a musician is an expert on religion and politics, gets confused on the definition of fascism, projects his failings onto others, and throws out the typical swarm of red herrings and strawmen.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:what north

iwbiek wrote:
what north korea does is by definition the polar opposite of fascism. surprise, surprise, brian uses yet another buzz word he doesn't understand.

You guys hate me, great and you have that right. But I doubt you could convince this person North Korea is Candyland where people are free to do and say what they want.

 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/11138496/Escape-from-North-Korea-How-I-escaped-horrors-of-life-under-Kim... Or try convincing this person they left freedom.

 

 

https://www.ted.com/talks/hyeonseo_lee_my_escape_from_north_korea?language=en

Or debate this person on the Merits of the Un family....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufhKWfPSQOw

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian

Vastet wrote:
Brian demonstrates yet again his poor reading comprehension, quotes a celebrity as if a musician is an expert on religion and politics, gets confused on the definition of fascism, projects his failings onto others, and throws out the typical swarm of red herrings and strawmen.

Oh stop it. Un is a fucking monster, to paint that family or that country as compassionate to it's population is fucking abusrd and a flat out INSULT to those the Un family terroizes. FUCK YOU. "Fascist" "totalitarian" "dictator" all the same fucking oppressive shit. If you don't think it is feel free to move there.

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Oh and even if you don't

 Oh and even if you don't want to move there, take a vacation, I am sure you will find internet access to this website and FB and twitter there. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 Hellow McFly, you are

 Hellow McFly, you are merely playing word games with me. It is an oppressive state and you fucking know it. Your argument  is as fucking nit picky as trying to point out that Ted Bundy murdered women while John Wayne Gacy murderd boys. WHO FUCKING CARES WHAT YOU CALL IT! I knew that was what this was about ultimately. More fucking nit picky word games.

The Un family are fucking monsters. China is has grown up quite a bit in the past 30 years and isn't as oppressive as they were in the past, but that is only becuase they are adicted to our buying their cheap goods. 

There simply is no way to consider that family good in the least. 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 I just mentioned this

 I just mentioned this thread on another website, without naming names, and now I get it. I DID mix up my terminology. SO there, but once again, even when I DO admit my mistakes, you fuckwads miss the bigger picture. Which is that that family are a bunch of fucking sick fucks. THAT was my point. 

Quote:

Hi Brian. Fascism is a set of right-wing totalitarian ideologies (e.g. National Socialism) whereas North Korea is a Communist state which has adopted a totalitarian left-wing ideology, that of the Supreme Leader Kim Il Sung. Technically, your friend is correct.

It is still the attitude that beyond a certain point the rulers become intolerant of dissent. It is simply right wing extremism vs left wing extremism. Potato PoTATo.

So yea you got me, but even now thats never going to satisfy you fucking idiots. Funny how they were able to correct me without using the childish bullshit tactics you guys do. Brian has to be a perfectionist and never disagree with anyone here.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5402
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I just

Brian37 wrote:

 I just mentioned this thread on another website, without naming names, and now I get it. I DID mix up my terminology. SO there, but once again, even when I DO admit my mistakes, you fuckwads miss the bigger picture. Which is that that family are a bunch of fucking sick fucks. THAT was my point. 

Quote:

Hi Brian. Fascism is a set of right-wing totalitarian ideologies (e.g. National Socialism) whereas North Korea is a Communist state which has adopted a totalitarian left-wing ideology, that of the Supreme Leader Kim Il Sung. Technically, your friend is correct.

It is still the attitude that beyond a certain point the rulers become intolerant of dissent. It is simply right wing extremism vs left wing extremism. Potato PoTATo. So yea you got me, but even now thats never going to satisfy you fucking idiots. Funny how they were able to correct me without using the childish bullshit tactics you guys do. Brian has to be a perfectionist and never disagree with anyone here.

OMFG I'm buying a lottery ticket today. Brian just admitted he was wrong?!?!? 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5402
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Thanks for

Brian37 wrote:

Thanks for making my point for me. NO shit it is about "who should control  what". THAT is what makes religion poison. If you would fucking pull your head out of your ass you could see that. It IS about resources or "who should control what". NO FUCKING SHIT, religion makes a great distraction doesn't it?

No, politics and economics are about resources and who should control what. Religion may become involved in the arguments and may use its ability to motivate large groups of people towards those ends, but it might also seek to completely isolate itself and not participate at all. It depends on the religion. And yes, religion has often been used as a distraction to prevent soldiers from killing each other or causing problems when there wasn't a war at hand. Rome was particularly good at balancing religion and war to keep their military motivated, together and disciplined. 

 

Quote:

Life is about resources, not sexy, no,  but that is all this is about in evolution. That is why our human invented convoluted clubs divide us needlessly. If more humans would see that, those who have the wealth to fight over "who controls what" wouldn't be so easly lead to murder their fellow human over ancient clubs and superstitions. 

No, you need resources to live, but there is a lot more to life than that. And in the US, simply being here is generally enough to provide you with enough resources to survive. The benefit of living in a wealthy country, as opposed to others where people do need to worry constantly about where the next meal is coming from.  

 

Quote:

AND fuck your bullshit implying I am suggesting replacing worship of religion with worship of government. NOTHING should be blindly worshiped.


Yet you blindly worship the democrat party and government as the savior to all problems. 

 

Quote:

Still buthurt because I wont give your fat guy fetish a pass.

What fat guy? 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
Brian demonstrates yet again his poor reading comprehension, quotes a celebrity as if a musician is an expert on religion and politics, gets confused on the definition of fascism, projects his failings onto others, and throws out the typical swarm of red herrings and strawmen.

Oh stop it. Un is a fucking monster, to paint that family or that country as compassionate to it's population is fucking abusrd and a flat out INSULT to those the Un family terroizes. FUCK YOU. "Fascist" "totalitarian" "dictator" all the same fucking oppressive shit. If you don't think it is feel free to move there.

 

The nastiness of NK's gov't does not make it fascist, moron. Rofl

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12915
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: Hellow

Brian37 wrote:

 Hellow McFly, you are merely playing word games with me. It is an oppressive state and you fucking know it. Your argument  is as fucking nit picky as trying to point out that Ted Bundy murdered women while John Wayne Gacy murderd boys. WHO FUCKING CARES WHAT YOU CALL IT! I knew that was what this was about ultimately. More fucking nit picky word games.

The Un family are fucking monsters. China is has grown up quite a bit in the past 30 years and isn't as oppressive as they were in the past, but that is only becuase they are adicted to our buying their cheap goods. 

There simply is no way to consider that family good in the least. 

 

Brian thinks it's nitpicky to criticise calling an apple blue. Rofl

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Brian37

Vastet wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

 Hello McFly, you are merely playing word games with me. It is an oppressive state and you fucking know it. Your argument  is as fucking nit picky as trying to point out that Ted Bundy murdered women while John Wayne Gacy murderd boys. WHO FUCKING CARES WHAT YOU CALL IT! I knew that was what this was about ultimately. More fucking nit picky word games.

The Un family are fucking monsters. China is has grown up quite a bit in the past 30 years and isn't as oppressive as they were in the past, but that is only becuase they are adicted to our buying their cheap goods. 

There simply is no way to consider that family good in the least. 

 

Brian thinks it's nitpicky to criticise calling an apple blue. Rofl

 

It is asshole,when an apple and a banana  are both fruit. Yea dickead, I used the wrong word, so sue me. You are a fucking moron becuase if I had the power to delete this thread, you'd stupidly accuse me of trying to cover up my mistake. Too stupid to see that by leaving it up EVERYONE gets to learn from my mistake.

The point McFly, is that opression is oppression, and squashing dissent is squashing dissent. Do yourself a favor since I admitted my mistake, admit that I am not wrong in saying they are simply different types of oppression. 

I know you hate me, again, I am fine with that. But you do get things right and dispite what you think of me, I do value your criticism of religion. NO, I still hate you as you do me. But unlike you, I don't think you deserve to be taken outback and shot over what amounts to a personality conflict. 

But, I bet you think I am lying about valuing you criticising religion. NO I value the act, and I also value your human right to do so. But as far as ever wanting to hang out with you, fuck no, and I am quite sure you feel the same about me.

 

It is the same fucking mistake when people argue "Religions are differerent" NO FUCKING SHIT, "Religion is complex" NO FUCKING SHIT. That still does not make us a separate species. It still does not change that there was no religion 200,000 years ago. And only an idiot thinks religions or god/s will be rememberd after our species goes extinct. Now, feel free to coddle the insecurities of believers. But fuck you if you think somehow blunt language or cuss words equates to oppression itself. Now, if you want to claim that is not what you are accusing me of, go ahead. If you do that, then that means I am not doing anything wrong. If you are claiming my bluntess is a call for opression, that makes you a fucking idiot.

 

We have both been here for most of the history of this website. Neither of us have called the police on the other and neither of us is scared of physical violence of the other. So if you do anything at all, just stop making any of this out to be anything more than we don't personally like each other. NO I don't get everything right. There, now grow the fuck up. 

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5402
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:It is

Brian37 wrote:

It is asshole,when an apple and a banana  are both fruit. Yea dickead, I used the wrong word, so sue me. You are a fucking moron becuase if I had the power to delete this thread, you'd stupidly accuse me of trying to cover up my mistake. Too stupid to see that by leaving it up EVERYONE gets to learn from my mistake.

When the wrong word you use is central to your point, it is kinda important. 

 

Quote:

It still does not change that there was no religion 200,000 years ago.

You really shouldn't talk about history. Every single fucking time you are absolutely wrong. There is pretty strong evidence that neanderthals and homo heidelbergensis had burial practices that were likely religious based. The MOST you can say is that we don't know for sure if religion existed 200,000 years ago. Though it is quite possible that it existed 400,000 years ago. It is likely that religion was born the instant a being was capable of asking the question in their head "What am I?"

 

Quote:

And only an idiot thinks religions or god/s will be rememberd after our species goes extinct.

Considering we remember the religions of our ancestors, only an idiot would think that when our species goes extinct that some other intelligent species isn't eventually going to figure out the basics of our religious beliefs, short of the complete destruction of our planet.

 

Quote:
 

 But fuck you if you think somehow blunt language or cuss words equates to oppression itself.

You couldn't oppress an ant. 

 

Quote:

Now, if you want to claim that is not what you are accusing me of, go ahead.

It isn't a claim, it is a fact. Vastet has accused you of being a complete fucking idiot. He has never accused you of oppressing anyone or anything. I'm pretty sure he would agree with my assessment that you would be a complete failure at oppressing anything. 

 

Quote:

If you do that, then that means I am not doing anything wrong. 

Being a complete fucking idiot is wrong. Lying is wrong. And being wrong is wrong by definition.  

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15477
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Thanks for making my point for me. NO shit it is about "who should control  what". THAT is what makes religion poison. If you would fucking pull your head out of your ass you could see that. It IS about resources or "who should control what". NO FUCKING SHIT, religion makes a great distraction doesn't it?

No, politics and economics are about resources and who should control what. Religion may become involved in the arguments and may use its ability to motivate large groups of people towards those ends, but it might also seek to completely isolate itself and not participate at all. It depends on the religion. And yes, religion has often been used as a distraction to prevent soldiers from killing each other or causing problems when there wasn't a war at hand. Rome was particularly good at balancing religion and war to keep their military motivated, together and disciplined. 

 

Quote:

Life is about resources, not sexy, no,  but that is all this is about in evolution. That is why our human invented convoluted clubs divide us needlessly. If more humans would see that, those who have the wealth to fight over "who controls what" wouldn't be so easly lead to murder their fellow human over ancient clubs and superstitions. 

No, you need resources to live, but there is a lot more to life than that. And in the US, simply being here is generally enough to provide you with enough resources to survive. The benefit of living in a wealthy country, as opposed to others where people do need to worry constantly about where the next meal is coming from.  

 

Quote:

AND fuck your bullshit implying I am suggesting replacing worship of religion with worship of government. NOTHING should be blindly worshiped.


Yet you blindly worship the democrat party and government as the savior to all problems. 

 

Quote:

Still buthurt because I wont give your fat guy fetish a pass.

What fat guy? 

Donald Trump, and his fat bloated ego....... You know I meant Buddha.

Yes politics, religion and business models ARE all about resources. Now you stupidly equate resources to money and material. Resources can be emotional support like love, companionship. Socialising by surrounding yourself with like minded people is a resource. If it were just about material and money, we wouldn't need other humans. If you know what "Human resources" means in business. 

When we are born, we cry or smile to get attention from our parents. As we grow our language gets more complex. We use that language to make the physical act of conveying information. It can convey patterns we think work in the form of politics, religon or business. But those physical acts are still the same thing. An attempt to create social order. Now please don't stupidly keep repeating that they are different. YES THEY ARE DIFFERENT, so stop making arguments I am not making. It is like arguing Ford and Chevy and Toyota in a NASCAR race are not different cars. Even in a NASCAR race those races have teams that overlap. Just like politics cant avoid investment in the global market. Just like religon will always make attempts to create social order in public policiy. 

The track we are on is called life. Our teams overlap one car is politics, another is religion, and another business, but it is all the same track. Those things cannot avoid overlap. And all those things require income to keep up. But the reality in evoluton is those things are exclusively human invented. Prior to our species, the "income" in other mamals and primates was grouping, and the ability to gain access to food and to avoid danger. 

The point is long before humans concocted boarders, created money, or religion, we still had resources, we would not have evolved without them. No life would have without them. But food and shelter are not the only resources. Socializing is a resource. Once you understand that, you will understand why the priority overlap are food and shelter and the socializing in the form of labels humans concoct needs to be put on the back burner and replaced with the pragmatic socilzing of understanding as a priority that we are all social animals and not a separate species.

So again, you are not wrong in saying they are different. BUT IN CONTEXT. The are differnet types of attempts to create social order and do overlap. But all those different attempts at social order still ride on the same track humans call life. The problem is that humans outside those who do accept evolution, fail to see that those constructs did not exist in the past and will not exist when our species goes extinct. See Sagans Pale Blue Dot speech.

 

 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37