Christians butthurt over atheist invocation.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Christians butthurt over atheist invocation.

"Whence arises the morality of the atheist? It is idol to say, as some do, that no such thing exists" Thomas jefferson.

"

'I am for freedom of religion, and against all maneuvers to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another.'Thomas Jefferson. There is a huge difference between calling religion poison, which it is, and knowing you still deal with a diverse society. So if we are to be civil and pluralistic, there is no mob rule, or official religion set up as a social pecking order. These assholes fake pluralism, allow this atheist to give an invocation, but only he has to offer his invocation as a prayer? And also be subject to a follow up invocation by a Christian?. This to me is pointless. There are 360,000 houses of worship of all different religions in America. There are tons of church marquees one can see from a public street that reside on private property. There is no lack of religion in America. The fact that time and resources and lawyers used to distract policy makers is yet another reason I agree with Hitchens in calling religion poison. But if theists insist on making it part of politics, they cannot use any venue to even imply a social pecking order. The founders intent was that you could not include or exclude on the basis of religion. Their intent was clear. Freedom of religion lead you to two choices. Agree to let everyone have access to the same venues or agree to keep the venue neutral. http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article42983484.html

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian continues making shit

Brian continues making shit up, and he is the only true poison.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.