RobbyPants's picture
User is offlineOffline

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:What of

Beyond Saving wrote:

What of the person who wishes to marry one of each gender and is attracted to both? Must a non-repressed JLY choose between a wife or a husband if he has found a heterosexual woman and a gay man both consenting? I suspect that a situation like that is more common than the Mormon with a line of wives, though perhaps that is a skewed perspective based on the type of people I associate with. 

Hmmm, is it unfair for the bi-sexual because he's attracted to both genders? He does get one partner just like everyone else. Why is this more unfair than one man who wants two women or one woman who wants two men? He should have the right to at least one individual from each gender that he likes? Um......hmmmm.....I don't know.....

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Personally I don't buy the

Personally I don't buy the idea that there is no free will. There is certainly things we have no choice in, but there are other things we have plenty of choice for. I can choose plenty of things, and sometimes I don't know which is best. The mere fact that I can be indecisive is absolute proof that I have free will to make choices.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Gays are born gay, it is not a belief which is learned. Poly's are a learned belief, they are not born poly.

Any evidence for those assertions?

There is a lot of new evidence that Epigenetics plays the part in more than just being gay or not being gay. I've posted previously about a study done on the monks who kept detailed records of crops each year and how famine took place during the bad years. The records were so detailed that scientists were able to learn much about how future generations fared from a famine which took place five or six generations previously.

http://io9.com/how-an-1836-famine-altered-the-genes-of-children-born-d-1200001177

It isn't just a gene which makes a person gay or not gay. There is an entire sequence of factors which lead to the results.

Studies have shown that in situations where identical twins are born, if one is gay, then there is a 50% chance that the other is gay. When the other is not gay, it appears that the genes aren't the only factor because the DNA of identical twins is identical. In the same studies, paternal twins, which one is gay will have a 20% chance of having the other twin as being gay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics#Epigenetic_effects_in_humans

http://discovermagazine.com/2006/nov/cover

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetic_theories_of_homosexuality

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/jun/born-gay

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/11/scientists-may-have-finally-unlocked-puzzle-of-why-people-are-gay

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle

butterbattle wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:
Nothing is a choice even though it seems like you are making one.

Gays deserve to have the same rights as non-gays.

Yes, there is no free will. Yes, gays deserve the same rights. I understand your position on free will. I understand because I think I have the same position. It is still irrelevant in the context of this discussion. If you're too stuck on the word "choice," then you can think of it as "agency" or "a conscious decision" or "an apparent choice" or whatever you want. Regardless, homosexuality has a basis in genetics and so does polyamory. Do you agree or disagree?

For the purpose of this discussion I'll agree with the use of the word agent.

I agree that genetics plays a part in it, I've posted another reply to Beyond with a variety of studies which shows it isn't just the gene which plays a part in a person being gay. There are other factors which play a part and scientists think it might have a lot to do with generational conditions, such as if your great grandfather smoked or if your great grandmother was involved in a famine.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Personally I

Vastet wrote:
Personally I don't buy the idea that there is no free will. There is certainly things we have no choice in, but there are other things we have plenty of choice for. I can choose plenty of things, and sometimes I don't know which is best. The mere fact that I can be indecisive is absolute proof that I have free will to make choices.

You and I have discussed this previously. My point of view is that there are conditions which you have no control over which play a part in your decision making. While you do make choices those preceeding variables are what determine your choices.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Which is proved false by my

Which is proved false by my inability to make a choice under certain circumstances.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:It

digitalbeachbum wrote:

It isn't just a gene which makes a person gay or not gay. There is an entire sequence of factors which lead to the results.

So there is currently no test we could run on an infant to determine if that infant will be gay or not, thus we can't state with certainty that one is born gay any more or less than a person born polyamorous or a zoophilliac. Indeed, evidence suggests there is a wide variety of factors that influence the development of our personalities. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

So there is currently no test we could run on an infant to determine if that infant will be gay or not, thus we can't state with certainty that one is born gay any more or less than a person born polyamorous or a zoophilliac. Indeed, evidence suggests there is a wide variety of factors that influence the development of our personalities. 

If you are going to post these ridiculous replies then I'm going to ignore you just like I do Brian.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Beyond

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

If you are going to post these ridiculous replies then I'm going to ignore you just like I do Brian.

What is ridiculous? You made an absolute statement and I've asked you to support it. You haven't. You show that being gay might not be a choice, or at least not 100% choice- yet you have failed to differentiate how it is different from any other sexual preference (and have failed to explain why it matters whether or not being gay is a choice as opposed to polyamory.) You just make absolutes (you are born gay, you aren't born polyamorous) or marrying an animal is across the line, to which I asked for justification outside it being just your preference. You haven't done anything to explain your position. Simply put, I want to know where the line is, and why you think it should be there. If it is just because there is a place you think it is gross, your line is as arbitrary as the theist who thinks being gay is gross, just a different place. The only person being ridiculous is you demanding I defend a position when I have made zero claims and have only asked you to clarify your position. You are making yourself look the fool.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

So there is currently no test we could run on an infant to determine if that infant will be gay or not, thus we can't state with certainty that one is born gay any more or less than a person born polymorphous or a zoophilliac. Indeed, evidence suggests there is a wide variety of factors that influence the development of our personalities. 

What is ridiculous? You made an absolute statement and I've asked you to support it. You haven't. You show that being gay might not be a choice, or at least not 100% choice- yet you have failed to differentiate how it is different from any other sexual preference (and have failed to explain why it matters whether or not being 

You should already know that my viewpoint is that free will does not exist.

I worked for a non-profit during the 90's as part of my psychology paper. I had the opportunity to speak with roughly 20 gay males who would either come in for help or were volunteering like me.

I recall from my research that every gay male I spoke to came from a variety of different background and families. Two of them I remember most of all were these two catholic guys which one was an only child and the other came from a large family.

They told me that around the age of 10-11 they started to notice other guys. They would get that funny feeling of excitement and it never happened with girls. On occasion they would get erections when they thought of the guys they liked.

This continued through high school and they never told any one. Each of them dated girls but they eventually broke up and never had sex with the girl. They both went to prom alone. They both had lots of girl friends. They both liked fashion and really enjoyed shopping. 

Eventually they told their parents when they were finishing or had finished college because the pressure was to get married. Make babies. Etc. Both of them were rejected by their families and only the one with the larger family had any support from the siblings, of which one of the siblings supported them 100% and the other was 50/50.

They both thought of suicide often and they both had planned out their deaths in detail several times coming very close to doing it. They said they felt guilty and that they were ashamed. Every time they had a fantasy the level of guilt was beyond their level of tolerance and they would break down crying. The one who was the only child had it the worst. No one to talk to, no one cared, parents who wouldn't even let him come home to visit when the mother was dying of cancer.

The stories were all similar but these stuck out because I could relate to their stories of Catholicism.

A few of them had been raped and molested in their youth but it wasn't what made them gay. They told me that they knew they liked guys already and they knew they were different.

Some had tried to 'pray away the gay' but it didn't work. They told me that the people who ran the programs used shame to try and get them to change but it was like trying to mix oil with water.

Molestation does not have an effect on people on becoming gay. 

Religion only makes things worse because it ignores the natural course.

No one chooses to be gay.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:No one

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I am not disputing that. My personal experiences were different and more personal than yours, but to the extent choice was or was not involved is not something I care to argue. To me, it doesn't make a flying fucks difference whether it is a choice or not. My question is how you differentiate between being gay, being polyamorous and being a zoophilliac. How is being gay not a choice, but the others are? Especially since you believe nothing is a choice. And how does that translate into gays having a fundamental humanitarian right to marry, but the others not. 

As far as free will, I am agnostic. I don't know, don't believe it can be proven either way and don't think it matters outside of theorizing for fun.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I am not disputing that. My personal experiences were different and more personal than yours, but to the extent choice was or was not involved is not something I care to argue. To me, it doesn't make a flying fucks difference whether it is a choice or not. My question is how you differentiate between being gay, being polyamorous and being a zoophilliac. How is being gay not a choice, but the others are? Especially since you believe nothing is a choice. And how does that translate into gays having a fundamental humanitarian right to marry, but the others not. 

As far as free will, I am agnostic. I don't know, don't believe it can be proven either way and don't think it matters outside of theorizing for fun.

Coming from my viewpoint nothing we do is a choice, so technically being poly or zoo or gay or hetro is all the same and woven in to your dna and the environment around you.

You asked previously how do you test for a person being gay or not, it's easy. Show a picture of some stud muffin with a thick 8 inch cock dripping with cum and then show them a bimbo with perky tits, a tight ass and her legs spread wide with her fingers in her pussy.

If the guy says he wants the 8 inch cock in his ass he's fucking gay. If he wants to have his cock sucked off by the bimbo and then fuck her, then he is hetro. If he wants to have a three-some then maybe he is bi.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

How is being gay not a choice, but the others are? Especially since you believe nothing is a choice. And how does that translate into gays having a fundamental humanitarian right to marry, but the others not. 

I see now what your problem is, like so many other people in this society.

What you fuck and who you fuck are two different fucks.

Guys who are gay want to fuck guys. Guys who are hetro want to fuck women.

Guys who want to fuck a harmen of ten guys, well, I don't know what you call it but it isn't sexualilty. The fact that they want to fuck men is being gay.

Guys who want to fuck a harmen of ten women, well that's a either religious or a society term that I'm not familar with at this time. Guys who want to control ten women, fuck ten women, command ten women, etc have something else going on with them. It isn't their sexuality because it was already determined that they are hetro because they want to fuck women.

There is discussion about guys who fuck guys, like in prison, and they aren't gay. That's mental. It's another control issue. They aren't gay and they aren't attracted to guys, but they still fuck them.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
wow

wow

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I see

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I see now what your fucking problem is, like so many other fucking people in this fucking society.

What you fuck and who you fuck are two different fucks you fucked up fuck head.

Guys who are fucking gay want to fuck guys. Guys who are fucking hetro want to fuck women.

Guys who want to fuck a harmen ( harem ? ) of ten fucking guys, well, I don't know what you fucking call it but it isn't fucking sexualilty. The fucking fact that they want to fuck men is being fucking gay.

Guys who want to fucking fuck a harmen of ten fucking women, well that's a either fucking religious or a fucking society term that I'm not fucking familar with at this fucking time. Guys who want to fucking control ten fucking women, fuck ten women, command ten women, etc have something fucking else going on with them. It isn't their fucking sexuality because it was already fucking determined that they are fucking hetro because they fucking want to fuck women you fucking fuck head.

There is fucking discussion about guys who fuck guys, like in fucking prison, and they aren't fucking gay. That's fucking mental. It's another fucking control issue. They aren't fucking gay and they aren't fucking attracted to guys, but they still fuck them. So just fuck it !

Thought your post could use a few more "fucks."

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Coming

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Coming from my viewpoint nothing we do is a choice, so technically being poly or zoo or gay or hetro is all the same and woven in to your dna and the environment around you.

So assuming that, why is it okay to discriminate against one in terms of legal marriage, but not the others?

Quote:

You asked previously how do you test for a person being gay or not, it's easy. Show a picture of some stud muffin with a thick 8 inch cock dripping with cum and then show them a bimbo with perky tits, a tight ass and her legs spread wide with her fingers in her pussy.

If the guy says he wants the 8 inch cock in his ass he's fucking gay. If he wants to have his cock sucked off by the bimbo and then fuck her, then he is hetro. If he wants to have a three-some then maybe he is bi.

Since my point was regarding infants in response to your unprovable assertion that everyone who is gay was born gay, I doubt you would get much sexual response from showing infants porn. For adults, I think it is easier to just ask. Although you did answer one of my other questions- apparently you believe a person is either gay or hetero, human sexuality is hardly so clear cut. I think you just told everyone a lot more about you than anything.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 As far as the second rant,

As far as the second rant, the polyamorous include far more than harems. People develop poly relationships in many different combinations. Around here, much of the community is atheist and consists of two couples. Also, it isn't just about fucking. There are other things people gain from relationships, I think it is kind of sad to view marriage in terms of nothing but sex. Some people are in a polyamorous relationship where *gasp* one person doesn't participate sexually at all. Should the parties involved be required to be sexually active with all others as a precondition of the right to get married?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

It wasn't on the table. The court was working on one issue. Are gay marriages recognizable by the feds. Also, my viewpoint doesn't hold water with the feds. They are going to view things differently so this part of the discussion is moot.

We are discussing gays and hetero. I know there are a half dozen others, LBGT are just four of them. I even consider people who are pedo in the same class unforunately. I've seen recent studies and heard interviews from people who said around 10-13 they started to get sexually excited around kids.

If there was a medical test for infants it would also work on adults.

HAHA.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: As far

Beyond Saving wrote:

As far as the second rant, the polyamorous include far more than harems. People develop poly relationships in many different combinations. Around here, much of the community is atheist and consists of two couples. Also, it isn't just about fucking. There are other things people gain from relationships, I think it is kind of sad to view marriage in terms of nothing but sex. Some people are in a polyamorous relationship where *gasp* one person doesn't participate sexually at all. Should the parties involved be required to be sexually active with all others as a precondition of the right to get married?

No rant. Fucking this and fucking that is the word to use and I made use of it. Fucking isn't the only point of a relationship and if you can't see through the humor of using porn pictures for a test to see who is gay and isn't gay then I'll let it go.

Relationships are complex. Even if a person is a slave owner and the other is a slave, they have a relationship. There is a couple I know who are lesbian and they never have sex. They don't need it and find it annoyingly distracting.

What is really ticking me off now is the AG of Texas and the 'freedom of speech' for clerks to refuse licenses. Fucking christian douches.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I see now what your fucking problem is, like so many other fucking people in this fucking society.

What you fuck and who you fuck are two different fucks you fucked up fuck head.

Guys who are fucking gay want to fuck guys. Guys who are fucking hetro want to fuck women.

Guys who want to fuck a harmen ( harem ? ) of ten fucking guys, well, I don't know what you fucking call it but it isn't fucking sexualilty. The fucking fact that they want to fuck men is being fucking gay.

Guys who want to fucking fuck a harmen of ten fucking women, well that's a either fucking religious or a fucking society term that I'm not fucking familar with at this fucking time. Guys who want to fucking control ten fucking women, fuck ten women, command ten women, etc have something fucking else going on with them. It isn't their fucking sexuality because it was already fucking determined that they are fucking hetro because they fucking want to fuck women you fucking fuck head.

There is fucking discussion about guys who fuck guys, like in fucking prison, and they aren't fucking gay. That's fucking mental. It's another fucking control issue. They aren't fucking gay and they aren't fucking attracted to guys, but they still fuck them. So just fuck it !

Thought your post could use a few more "fucks."

Fucking fuck fucked fucker fuckage

I'm really annoyed at the self righteous christians who need to be fucked over.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Yet again, my main

Yet again, my main question all along has been ignored. Am I speaking in Yiddish?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
You've asked a lot of

You've asked a lot of questions, which one specifically are you speaking of?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Not a lot, the same question many times, slightly rephrased.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

You've asked a lot of questions, which one specifically are you speaking of?

Quote:

Where is the logical distinction between gay marriage and poly marriages that makes one a fundamental right but the other not?

"Do the people who want to marry horses have rights? No. That's fucking bullshit. It isn't a fucking human relationship. Don't start with me. Having a marriage with your fucking dog isn't logical. That is where the line is drawn."

Why? Because you said so?

I am asking you to explain your line and why it is at animals.

Simply put, I want to know where the line is, and why you think it should be there.

My question is how you differentiate between being gay, being polyamorous and being a zoophilliac. How is being gay not a choice, but the others are? Especially since you believe nothing is a choice. And how does that translate into gays having a fundamental humanitarian right to marry, but the others not.

So assuming that, why is it okay to discriminate against one in terms of legal marriage, but not the others?

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: Where

Beyond Saving wrote:

Where is the logical distinction between gay marriage and poly marriages that makes one a fundamental right but the other not?

"Do the people who want to marry horses have rights? No. That's fucking bullshit. It isn't a fucking human relationship. Don't start with me. Having a marriage with your fucking dog isn't logical. That is where the line is drawn."

Why? Because you said so?

I am asking you to explain your line and why it is at animals.

Simply put, I want to know where the line is, and why you think it should be there.

My question is how you differentiate between being gay, being polyamorous and being a zoophilliac. How is being gay not a choice, but the others are? Especially since you believe nothing is a choice. And how does that translate into gays having a fundamental humanitarian right to marry, but the others not.

1 - There is no distinction between sexuality, gay/hetero/bi/etc. Being poly is not a sexuality.

2 - Horses are either wild or property. They do not have human rights.

3 - Poly is not a sexuality. People do not wake up at 10 or 14 years of age and say "I want to marry 10 women" it doesn't happen. It is a trained mental condition. I'm not saying it is wrong, but people who want to marry multiple spouses aren't changing their sexuality. It is already defined as hetero, homo, bi, ect.

A man who wants to have sex with ten women is hetero. I man who want to have sex with ten women and ten men is bi. etc

No sexuality is a choice. All sexuality are developed at birth and while there are some confused people about what they want "like closet gays" they are only forcing the homosexuality to be suppressed due to shame or guilt or what ever other social restrictions being placed in the way.

I think the right to marry a man with a man or a woman with a woman is naturalized. Show me a heterosexual male who wakes up in his 10-14 time of life and says, "geee I wonder if I like women" they don't do it. It happens to billions of males who start to notice tits and butts. They are attracted to pheromones released by the females. Their hormones go in to overdrive and they start getting erections and when they start to masturbate they learn that they can get more stimulation having a female fuck or suck them.

Heterosexual males DO NOT CHOOSE to be attracted to females. Any one who says that they are is a fucking ignorant fool.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
You have nothing to support

You have nothing to support your suggestion that poly isn't a sexual preference and that it is learned. I can just as easily say that one on one sexual intercourse is a learned behaviour and not a sexual preference.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:You have

Vastet wrote:
You have nothing to support your suggestion that poly isn't a sexual preference and that it is learned. I can just as easily say that one on one sexual intercourse is a learned behaviour and not a sexual preference.

I was reading some of the court rulling today and realized I made a mistake in terms. The proper term is sexual orientation and not sexuality.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:1 -

digitalbeachbum wrote:

1 - There is no distinction between sexuality, gay/hetero/bi/etc. Being poly is not a sexuality.

And marriage is between a man and a woman as I've been told by numerous bigots. Is sexual orientation the only important factor in having the fundamental right to marry?

Quote:

2 - Horses are either wild or property. They do not have human rights.

The human does, we aren't talking about marrying a horse to a horse. And certainly zoophilia is a sexual orientation, perhaps a rare and strange one, but an orientation none the less.

Quote:

3 - Poly is not a sexuality. People do not wake up at 10 or 14 years of age and say "I want to marry 10 women" it doesn't happen. It is a trained mental condition. I'm not saying it is wrong, but people who want to marry multiple spouses aren't changing their sexuality. It is already defined as hetero, homo, bi, ect.

Why is that even relevant? We know for a fact that humans of any orientation that only have sex with a single mate their entire lives are the extreme exceptions. A large portion do so even after taking vows not to. But why is sex at all important to whether or not you have the right to marry? If a person is medically incapable of sex, could they be denied a marriage certificate? Aren't there numerous reasons beyond sex a group of people might desire to get married? 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote: And

Beyond Saving wrote:

And marriage is between a man and a woman as I've been told by numerous bigots. Is sexual orientation the only important factor in having the fundamental right to marry?

The human does, we aren't talking about marrying a horse to a horse. And certainly zoophilia is a sexual orientation, perhaps a rare and strange one, but an orientation none the less.

Why is that even relevant? We know for a fact that humans of any orientation that only have sex with a single mate their entire lives are the extreme exceptions. A large portion do so even after taking vows not to. But why is sex at all important to whether or not you have the right to marry? If a person is medically incapable of sex, could they be denied a marriage certificate? Aren't there numerous reasons beyond sex a group of people might desire to get married? 

Marriage is just a word. I don't care if they called union or partnership. There have been other societies through out time which 'joined' men with men. The point is a guy who wants to have one woman vs a guy who wants to have ten women is still a heterosexual either way. They both get the same rights as heterosexuals. Unfortunately this society frowns on a man having ten wives. The one thing I don't like about the people in FLDS type of situation where girls are raised in a cult environment and aren't allowed to make decisions for their selves. They are instead in arranged marriages with plenty of physical and mental abuse. These people I reject.

Zoophillia is not a sexual orientation.

This emphasis on bestiality as a behavior rather than as a possible sexual orientation can probably be traced back to the seminal work of Alfred Kinsey. In his classic 1948 book with Wardell Pomeroy and Clyde Martin, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male(W. B. Saunders), Kinsey reported that 50 percent of the population of American “farm-bred males” claimed to have had sexual contact with various other species, usually ungulates. Many of these people, said Kinsey, were ashamed of their early sexual experimentation with animals (most of these puerile encounters took place when the boys were between ten and twelve years of age), and so he advised clinicians to assure these now grown males that it was all part of being raised in a rural environment where females were scarce and premarital relations strictly forbidden. “To a considerable extent,” wrote Kinsey, “contacts with animals are substitutes for heterosexual relations with human females.

I believe Kinsey summed it up best.

Sex has nothing to do with marriage but sexual orientation does. A person who is quadralpegic might still want to have the company of another male rather than a female, so sex isn't a part of it, but they are still sexually attracted to the other person because of their sex.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Plain and simple:  Why

Plain and simple:  Why should the government sanction a union between two people (only recently amended to allow people of the same sex), but not more? 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Marriage is just a word. I don't care if they called union or partnership. There have been other societies through out time which 'joined' men with men. The point is a guy who wants to have one woman vs a guy who wants to have ten women is still a heterosexual either way. They both get the same rights as heterosexuals. Unfortunately this society frowns on a man having ten wives. The one thing I don't like about the people in FLDS type of situation where girls are raised in a cult environment and aren't allowed to make decisions for their selves. They are instead in arranged marriages with plenty of physical and mental abuse. These people I reject.

Zoophillia is not a sexual orientation.

This emphasis on bestiality as a behavior rather than as a possible sexual orientation can probably be traced back to the seminal work of Alfred Kinsey. In his classic 1948 book with Wardell Pomeroy and Clyde Martin, Sexual Behavior in the Human Male(W. B. Saunders), Kinsey reported that 50 percent of the population of American “farm-bred males” claimed to have had sexual contact with various other species, usually ungulates. Many of these people, said Kinsey, were ashamed of their early sexual experimentation with animals (most of these puerile encounters took place when the boys were between ten and twelve years of age), and so he advised clinicians to assure these now grown males that it was all part of being raised in a rural environment where females were scarce and premarital relations strictly forbidden. “To a considerable extent,” wrote Kinsey, “contacts with animals are substitutes for heterosexual relations with human females.

I believe Kinsey summed it up best.

Sex has nothing to do with marriage but sexual orientation does. A person who is quadralpegic might still want to have the company of another male rather than a female, so sex isn't a part of it, but they are still sexually attracted to the other person because of their sex.

That doesn't explain why it has become such a big feature of the porn industry.

If beastiality were simply a result of no access to females, then it should be incredibly rare on the internet where there is no limited access. It should be limited to a few people who took private videos of themselves while growing up on a farm. And it should all be classified as child porn considering the age group referenced.

But none of that is the case. So I will call you on this too.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:Plain and

zarathustra wrote:

Plain and simple:  Why should the government sanction a union between two people (only recently amended to allow people of the same sex), but not more? 

I'd actually support the marriage of multiple spouses but as I mentioned previously I'll cross that bridge when it comes up. I would just want to see special tax laws to cover the situation.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:That doesn't

Vastet wrote:
That doesn't explain why it has become such a big feature of the porn industry. If beastiality were simply a result of no access to females, then it should be incredibly rare on the internet where there is no limited access. It should be limited to a few people who took private videos of themselves while growing up on a farm. And it should all be classified as child porn considering the age group referenced. But none of that is the case. So I will call you on this too.

Please post statistics. And I'll call bullshit on animals in the porn industry being any big feature. It is more of a shock value than any thing else and would account for less than 1% of 1% of 1% of all the porn that is out on the web today.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Vastet

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
That doesn't explain why it has become such a big feature of the porn industry. If beastiality were simply a result of no access to females, then it should be incredibly rare on the internet where there is no limited access. It should be limited to a few people who took private videos of themselves while growing up on a farm. And it should all be classified as child porn considering the age group referenced. But none of that is the case. So I will call you on this too.

Please post statistics. And I'll call bullshit on animals in the porn industry being any big feature. It is more of a shock value than any thing else and would account for less than 1% of 1% of 1% of all the porn that is out on the web today.

I don't need statistics. Use google and do an image search for beastiality. You won't find anything that supports your assertion, but you'll find billions of pics that support my claim your assertion is bullshit.
Shock factor is tubgirl and 2 girls 1 cup and goatse. It isn't dozens of forums describing how to fuck an animal or billions of pics and vids of people doing it.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:digitalbeachbum

Vastet wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

I don't need statistics. Use google and do an image search for beastiality. You won't find anything that supports your assertion, but you'll find billions of pics that support my claim your assertion is bullshit. Shock factor is tubgirl and 2 girls 1 cup and goatse. It isn't dozens of forums describing how to fuck an animal or billions of pics and vids of people doing it.

You have nothing but your dumb ass assertions. You are bullshit. Shut your fucking pie hole Brian.

And to get back on track... People who want to fuck animals aren't classified by any of the medical or psychology associations as having a sexual orientation so this discussion is over. Until they do re-classify due to scientific inquiry then my opinion doesn't change.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

I don't need statistics. Use google and do an image search for beastiality. You won't find anything that supports your assertion, but you'll find billions of pics that support my claim your assertion is bullshit. Shock factor is tubgirl and 2 girls 1 cup and goatse. It isn't dozens of forums describing how to fuck an animal or billions of pics and vids of people doing it.

You have nothing but your dumb ass assertions. You are bullshit. Shut your fucking pie hole Brian.

And to get back on track... People who want to fuck animals aren't classified by any of the medical or psychology associations as having a sexual orientation so this discussion is over. Until they do re-classify due to scientific inquiry then my opinion doesn't change.

Oh look you're describing yourself to a T. I guess I win and you lose. Better luck next time moron.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
And we have this all wrong,

And we have this all wrong, apparently 'beast' and 'zoo' are too different terms with one being an act and the other being the attraction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoophilia

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
So I'm right, big surprise.

So I'm right, big surprise. Not.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:So I'm right,

Vastet wrote:

Your use of the word beastiality was correct. I'm not sure what else in that warped Canadian mind you think is right.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

And 40 years ago, homosexuality was classified as a mental disorder. Science is hardly free from cultural bias, especially psychology.

Clearly zoophiles exist, and they do have other options. As Vastet points out, a casual Google search will reveal as much. We live in a country where you can get a hooker of any persuasion for a couple hundred, yet people spend way more and risk public humiliation and jail to fuck animals. I don't think there are any accurate stats available since most who engage in it or have the attraction but restrain themselves don't admit it for obvious reasons, however, the number of zoophiles is greater than one. If so many people are willing to be public on the internet, you can bet that thousands more are in the shadows.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote: 

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Marriage is just a word. I don't care if they called union or partnership. There have been other societies through out time which 'joined' men with men. The point is a guy who wants to have one woman vs a guy who wants to have ten women is still a heterosexual either way. They both get the same rights as heterosexuals. Unfortunately this society frowns on a man having ten wives.

Far more societies have recognized plural marriages. Outside of Christianity, plural marriages is the norm. Which going back to your original comment that started this tangent, poly marriages was a relevant point for the anti gay marriage crowd to bring up because there is no clear line of distinction to classify one a human right but not the other. The question before the court was whether or not marriage is a fundamental right. The only distinction you have drawn is cultural acceptance, but if you have a Constitutional right to do something, cultural acceptance is irrelevant. The KKK certainly is not accepted culturally, but they still have a right to spew their shit.

Quote:

The one thing I don't like about the people in FLDS type of situation where girls are raised in a cult environment and aren't allowed to make decisions for their selves. They are instead in arranged marriages with plenty of physical and mental abuse. These people I reject.

Which is irrelevant unless you are suggesting all plural marriages are coercive. A coerced marriage is illegal, even if it would otherwise be legal with consent.

Quote:

Why does sexual orientation have anything to do with it at all? The person someone wants to live with and have for companionship is not necessarily the same person they want to have sex with. What magic is it that makes orientation so damn sacred? (Other than xtians being obsessed with it) 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Your use of the word beastiality was correct. I'm not sure what else in that warped Canadian mind you think is right.

Everything. Too bad your Brian-warped mind is incapable of comprehending science and logic.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:And 40

Beyond Saving wrote:

And 40 years ago, homosexuality was classified as a mental disorder. Science is hardly free from cultural bias, especially psychology.

Clearly zoophiles exist, and they do have other options. As Vastet points out, a casual Google search will reveal as much. We live in a country where you can get a hooker of any persuasion for a couple hundred, yet people spend way more and risk public humiliation and jail to fuck animals. I don't think there are any accurate stats available since most who engage in it or have the attraction but restrain themselves don't admit it for obvious reasons, however, the number of zoophiles is greater than one. If so many people are willing to be public on the internet, you can bet that thousands more are in the shadows.

None of which changes any thing at this current time for the classification of such people. Going back to the original issue, we have people who like women, those who like men and some of them happen to be of the same sex and within the human race. I will not conceed to those who want to fuck animals as being any thing more than a mental condition which can be fixed with therapy and/or drugs. People who are hetero or gay or bi are all so due to their genetics. People who are zoo or beast are there because of environment.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

None of which changes any thing at this current time for the classification of such people. Going back to the original issue, we have people who like women, those who like men and some of them happen to be of the same sex and within the human race. I will not conceed to those who want to fuck animals as being any thing more than a mental condition which can be fixed with therapy and/or drugs. People who are hetero or gay or bi are all so due to their genetics. People who are zoo or beast are there because of environment.

If you knew 1/100th what I know about psychology, then you'd know that 95% of the entire field is guesswork and make believe. Depression didn't suddenly become real just because it was mentioned in the DSM, dumb ass.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Far more

Beyond Saving wrote:

Far more societies have recognized plural marriages. Outside of Christianity, plural marriages is the norm. Which going back to your original comment that started this tangent, poly marriages was a relevant point for the anti gay marriage crowd to bring up because there is no clear line of distinction to classify one a human right but not the other. The question before the court was whether or not marriage is a fundamental right. The only distinction you have drawn is cultural acceptance, but if you have a Constitutional right to do something, cultural acceptance is irrelevant. The KKK certainly is not accepted culturally, but they still have a right to spew their shit.

Which is irrelevant unless you are suggesting all plural marriages are coercive. A coerced marriage is illegal, even if it would otherwise be legal with consent.

Why does sexual orientation have anything to do with it at all? The person someone wants to live with and have for companionship is not necessarily the same person they want to have sex with. What magic is it that makes orientation so damn sacred? (Other than xtians being obsessed with it) 

While those who wish to use this recent ruling to advance their 'plural lifestyle' I would hope the courts see that there opinion is still hetero and not a different form of sexual orientation. They are still hetero and that has been my point all along. This is a completely different game with wanting ten wives because it is based on environment rather than genetics.

Tell that to all the girls who are coerced in to marriage then hidden away from the law because those who strive to keep control over their domain will murder those who try to leave their cult.

Sexual orientation has every thing to do with this because the courts ruled that gay marriage has the same rights as hetero marriage. 

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
so, to sum up, you believe

so, to sum up, you believe that for zoosexual marriage to be justifiably recognized by the government as legal, then zoophilia should be proved to be a genetically inherited sexual orientation?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:Sexual

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Sexual orientation has every thing to do with this because the courts ruled that gay marriage has the same rights as hetero marriage. 

No, the court ruled that marriage is a fundamental right, then applied that ruling to the specific cases before them, which were same sex marriages. Supreme Court rulings are not narrow, they are used to apply law in cases that may be dissimilar by ruling on the major question. The question before the court was not "is gay marriage a fundamental right." The question was "is marriage a fundamental right" which it answered in the affirmative. The four preferences in the decision were

1. "...the right to personal choice regarding marriage is inherent in the concept of individual autonomy." Isn't the decision to marry multiple people just as much of a personal choice?

2. "...the right to marry is fundamental because it supports a two person union unlike any other in its importance to the committed individuals." Does anyone dispute that to the committed individuals in a poly relationship, marriage is as important as it is to anyone else?

3. " ...it [the right to marry] safeguards children and families and thus draws meaning from related rights of childrearing, procreation and education." It seems to me that this premise applies even more to poly marriages than gay ones. It is certainly arguable that a poly marriage provides advantages to childrearing over traditional marriages.

4. "...marriage is a keystone of our social order." It then goes on to discuss the numerous benefits government bestows upon marriages and the ancient tradition of marriage in all societies. While there have been gay marriages in history, poly marriages have been practiced with far more regularity in history.

Those are the four premises laid out in the opinion. It is from those the Court drew their conclusion for the specific cases, and it is those four premises that future courts will look to when ruling on marriage rights cases. None of them have anything to do with sexual orientation, nowhere does the opinion state that it is because of sexual orientation that marriage is a fundamental right. At most, it states that orientation is not a sufficient basis to refuse a marriage license.  

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
like vastet, i'm highly

like vastet, i'm highly suspicious of the scientificity of psychology. having said that, i don't think any mainstream psychologist, psychotherapist, sexual therapist, etc., talks about sexual orientation in either/or terms anymore. rather, it's a question of degrees. almost any honest male who identifies as heterosexual will admit to having had at least some homoerotic thoughts during his life, unless he's saddled with macho insecurities (in which case, he's probably had MORE than some).

i've always identified as heterosexual. my sexual tastes are pretty vanilla. i'm your typical tits/ass man. i don't find anal a turn-on. i love a good blowjob more than anything else. i find extreme sex more funny than erotic. the kinkiest i get is slapping my wife's ass and name-calling. IOW, i don't dabble in the far-out, though i'm pretty knowledgable about it.

still, i've definitely had some homoerotic thoughts. usually it's just a flash. i'll see a young man with particularly feminine features and something inside me will flutter. it doesn't mean i want to stick a dick in his ass or vice-versa (as i said, i'm not a fan of anal and the idea of handling a penis other than my own isn't something on my to-do list either), but i'm definitely conscious of his being a man, and i admit that it adds a bit to the flutter. i don't get a hard-on, i don't turn to watch him pass, but is there a sexual element to it? yes. it's too vague to define, and i'm not interested in defining it; i just chalk it up to one of the many complexities of human nature. does this sexual element make me gay? no. "gay" is an identity, and we claim our identities. does that mean there is a bit of homosexuality in me? probably. but i don't lose sleep over it, and men never figure into my detailed fantasies, nor am i interested in gay porn (not particularly disgusted by it either, just not interested). does it make me bi? i don't think anyone in the bi community would agree that my being rarely and vaguely attracted to strange men (i've never felt attracted to men i actually know) would qualify me as bi, especially since i've never pursued a relationship with a man, nor am i interested, and i certainly am not interested in actually having sex with a man.

my most vivid homoerotic thought happened when i was 13. i was in eighth-grade english and we were reading a book about two boys. there's one part where they go swimming together naked in a river. when we read that part, i remember getting vivid images of their lithe, naked bodies being caressed by cold water, penises and all, and i got an erection and definitely thought those images were beautiful. thank god i grew up in a frank, rather liberal home where sexuality was never classified as shameful. also, i've always had a cool head about such things, so my thought at the time was basically, "hm, that's interesting." the feeling passed and has never recurred. even when i remember it now, i feel no more sexual excitement, only curiosity, and admiration of my adolescent self for not being afraid or ashamed of it. of course, i never told anyone. number one, i didn't consider it a big enough deal to talk about. number two, of course, in an eastern kentucky middle school that would have been social suicide.

my point is, i believe we're all somewhere on a spectrum. i don't know where i am, nor do i care. i think there might be people who are 100% repulsed by the same sex and 100% attracted by the opposite sex, and vice-versa, or completely 50/50, but they're probably the exception rather than the rule. even most of the people i know in the bi community talk about having male or female "leans." then there is of course the modern designation "pansexual." in the end, i don't think it matters if it's a choice or not. i don't think it matters if it's genetics or environment or a mix. i don't think it matters at all.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:No, the

Beyond Saving wrote:

No, the court ruled that marriage is a fundamental right, then applied that ruling to the specific cases before them, which were same sex marriages. Supreme Court rulings are not narrow, they are used to apply law in cases that may be dissimilar by ruling on the major question. The question before the court was not "is gay marriage a fundamental right." The question was "is marriage a fundamental right" which it answered in the affirmative. The four preferences i

Those are the four premises laid out in the opinion. It is from those the Court drew their conclusion for the specific cases, and it is those four premises that future courts will look to when ruling on marriage rights cases. None of them have anything to do with sexual orientation, nowhere does the opinion state that it is because of sexual orientation that marriage is a fundamental right. At most, it states that orientation is not a sufficient basis to refuse a marriage license.  

Those who dissented were thinking anti-gay and those pro were thinking pro-gay.

Those working behind the scenes were in private rooms talking about anti-gay and pro-gay stuff.

The media talked about gay rights

The President used the gay colors to light up the White House.

I don't care what was written it was about gays.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

No, the court ruled that marriage is a fundamental right, then applied that ruling to the specific cases before them, which were same sex marriages. Supreme Court rulings are not narrow, they are used to apply law in cases that may be dissimilar by ruling on the major question. The question before the court was not "is gay marriage a fundamental right." The question was "is marriage a fundamental right" which it answered in the affirmative. The four preferences i

Those who dissented were thinking anti-gay and those pro were thinking pro-gay.

Those working behind the scenes were in private rooms talking about anti-gay and pro-gay stuff.

The media talked about gay rights

The President used the gay colors to light up the White House.

I don't care what was written it was about gays.

none of that changes the supreme court's decision, and that's all that counts in the legal world. all kinds of people may have made this an issue about "gays," but that carries no legal weight now, nor does even what the individual justices "were thinking." the supreme court's clarification of marriage is the only thing that carries legal weight. marriage is now an inalienable human right, regardless of its intent or motivation.

--Hunter S. Thompson

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:so, to sum up,

iwbiek wrote:
so, to sum up, you believe that for zoosexual marriage to be justifiably recognized by the government as legal, then zoophilia should be proved to be a genetically inherited sexual orientation?

Animals also don't know the meaning of the act of marriage. They can't say that they want the marriage. They can't say 'i do'. They can't sign the marriage certificate.

I believe that plural marriages and marrying animals is the same issue. It's people with mental disorders. However I'm pro-plural but anti-zoo/beast