What is this sainthood miracle SCAM in the Catholic church??

JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 724
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
What is this sainthood miracle SCAM in the Catholic church??

 I heard how in order for a Pope to receive sainthood he needs to perform 2 miracles. What kind of a scam is this??

We all know that's not possible. Look at all the sick kids dying of terminal cancer, adults dying of cancer, etc. That doesn't even include all the other terminal diseases like ALS which is the most horrific disease imaginable! People have said that the very fact that such a horrid disease like ALS even exists is proof that god does NOT exist!

It's obvious these "saintly" popes aren't curing terminally ill patients so what kind of miracles are these and why hasn't this been exposed as the scam it is? I assume these "miracles" are things like people going into rehab and getting of drugs or getting "cured" or alcoholism?

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
Posts: 3945
Joined: 2008-09-12
User is offlineOffline
John Paul II 1. In early

John Paul II

1.

In early 2006, it was reported that the Vatican was investigating a possible miracle associated with John Paul II. A French nun, confined to her bed by Parkinson's Disease or a neurological condition with similar symptoms which can go into remission, is reported to have experienced a "complete and lasting cure after members of her community prayed for the intercession of Pope John Paul II".[7][16][17] The nun was later identified as Sister Marie Simon-Pierre.

Sister Marie Simon Pierre is a member of the Congregation of Little Sisters of Catholic Maternity Wards from Puyricard, near Aix-en-Provence.[18] Sister Marie-Simon-Pierre, 46, is working again, now in Paris at a maternity hospital run by her order.[19] She met reporters 30 March 2006 in Aix-en-Provence, during a press conference with Archbishop of Aix Claude Feidt.[20][21]

“I was sick and now I am cured,” she told reporters. “I am cured, but it is up to the church to say whether it was a miracle or not.”[20]

It has been suggested,[22] however, that Sister Marie Simon-Pierre did not have Parkinson's Disease as there is no easy way to accurately diagnose the disease short of medical autopsy. Sister Marie Simon-Pierre also suffered a relapse[23] though the Episcopal Conference of France disputed that the relapse (which would have thrown the purportedly miraculous nature of the cure into doubt) was anything more than a rumor.

2.

On the fourth anniversary of Pope John Paul's death, 2 April 2009, Dziwisz told reporters of a presumed miracle that had recently occurred at the former pope's tomb in St. Peter's Basilica.[20][26][27][28][29][30][31] A nine-year-old Polish boy from Gdańsk, who was suffering from kidney cancer and was completely unable to walk, had been visiting the tomb with his parents. On leaving St. Peter's Basilica, the boy told them, "I want to walk", and began walking normally.

Pope Francis

During a visit to Naples Cathedral, the pontiff venerated a vial of blood belonging to the Neapolitan patron St. Gennaro, who was once the bishop of Naples until he was martyred in 305, and it began to liquify. The dry blood turned to liquid after the pontiff prayed the "Our Father" over it and kissed the relic, prompting the Archbishop of Naples, Crescenzio Sepe, to declare the rare phenomenon a miracle.

"The blood has half liquified, which shows that Saint Januarius loves our pope and Naples," said Sepe whilst showing the sealed glass ampoule to congregants.

Lol.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
Ain't it amazing:

I wonder (well, I guess I don't have to. I know the answer to this one) what they'll say(they haven't thought of this one yet) when it comes to mind or their attention that the two High priets of Pharoh turnt their staffs into snakes. Will they be made saints too. It's strange that when the west got the bible all the miracle working suddenly moved westward. But--they'll say---the high priests mircales were done with the help of satan.  Anything that doesn't originate with them is done by satan. You can bet all us Old Seers are guided by satan too,so they'll say.

How is it that a spring in france that's been running water for centuries suddenly be comes holy water and heals people's maladies.

Saint = righteous person--any person. No miracle needed.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
double posted


 


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
Quote:What kind of a scam is

Quote:
What kind of a scam is this??
Believers need the occasional reminder that their god can do magic -- and new incentives to throw their money at the church.  

As far as why god will perform a parlor trick for some peasant children in Portugal, but not alleviate illness and suffering on a mass scale:  "the lord works in mysterious ways".  

As scientific inquiry has advanced, the caliber of miracles has decreased accordingly.  Back in 1917, our lady of Fatima made the sun dance in the sky.  More recently, the best Mother Teresa could manage was to remove a woman's tumor (though her doctors credit the months of medical treatment she received); and provide "divine light" for a documentary scene filmed under insufficient lighting (though the cameraman credits the new type of Kodak film they were using).

Quote:
why hasn't this been exposed as the scam it is?
It has, but sometimes once people are hooked, nothing will change their minds.


 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 724
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
butterbattle wrote:John Paul

butterbattle wrote:

John Paul II

1.

In early 2006, it was reported that the Vatican was investigating a possible miracle associated with John Paul II. A French nun, confined to her bed by Parkinson's Disease or a neurological condition with similar symptoms which can go into remission, is reported to have experienced a "complete and lasting cure after members of her community prayed for the intercession of Pope John Paul II".[7][16][17] The nun was later identified as Sister Marie Simon-Pierre.

Sister Marie Simon Pierre is a member of the Congregation of Little Sisters of Catholic Maternity Wards from Puyricard, near Aix-en-Provence.[18] Sister Marie-Simon-Pierre, 46, is working again, now in Paris at a maternity hospital run by her order.[19] She met reporters 30 March 2006 in Aix-en-Provence, during a press conference with Archbishop of Aix Claude Feidt.[20][21]

“I was sick and now I am cured,” she told reporters. “I am cured, but it is up to the church to say whether it was a miracle or not.”[20]

It has been suggested,[22] however, that Sister Marie Simon-Pierre did not have Parkinson's Disease as there is no easy way to accurately diagnose the disease short of medical autopsy. Sister Marie Simon-Pierre also suffered a relapse[23] though the Episcopal Conference of France disputed that the relapse (which would have thrown the purportedly miraculous nature of the cure into doubt) was anything more than a rumor.

2.

On the fourth anniversary of Pope John Paul's death, 2 April 2009, Dziwisz told reporters of a presumed miracle that had recently occurred at the former pope's tomb in St. Peter's Basilica.[20][26][27][28][29][30][31] A nine-year-old Polish boy from Gdańsk, who was suffering from kidney cancer and was completely unable to walk, had been visiting the tomb with his parents. On leaving St. Peter's Basilica, the boy told them, "I want to walk", and began walking normally.

Pope Francis

During a visit to Naples Cathedral, the pontiff venerated a vial of blood belonging to the Neapolitan patron St. Gennaro, who was once the bishop of Naples until he was martyred in 305, and it began to liquify. The dry blood turned to liquid after the pontiff prayed the "Our Father" over it and kissed the relic, prompting the Archbishop of Naples, Crescenzio Sepe, to declare the rare phenomenon a miracle.

"The blood has half liquified, which shows that Saint Januarius loves our pope and Naples," said Sepe whilst showing the sealed glass ampoule to congregants.

Lol.

 

LMAO! Sister Marie Simon either didn't have Parkinson's or had it to such a mild extent that a "cure" wouldn't even be noticeable. Obviously some acting is going on too because she has an AGENDA to push bible lunacy just like all Christians!

Having kidney cancer has NOTHING to do with being unable to walk so the kid was faking. Dried blood liquifying is nothing but a fabrication or some hocus pocus where they added water to it!

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


JesusNEVERexisted
Superfan
JesusNEVERexisted's picture
Posts: 724
Joined: 2010-01-03
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote:Quote:What

zarathustra wrote:

Quote:
What kind of a scam is this??
Believers need the occasional reminder that their god can do magic -- and new incentives to throw their money at the church.  

As far as why god will perform a parlor trick for some peasant children in Portugal, but not alleviate illness and suffering on a mass scale:  "the lord works in mysterious ways".  

As scientific inquiry has advanced, the caliber of miracles has decreased accordingly.  Back in 1917, our lady of Fatima made the sun dance in the sky.  More recently, the best Mother Teresa could manage was to remove a woman's tumor (though her doctors credit the months of medical treatment she received); and provide "divine light" for a documentary scene filmed under insufficient lighting (though the cameraman credits the new type of Kodak film they were using).

Quote:
why hasn't this been exposed as the scam it is?
It has, but sometimes once people are hooked, nothing will change their minds.

 

LMAO! If she was getting medical treatment how the hell can Mother Teresa take credit for a miracle?? The "divine light" is so laughable that it's not worth even addressing! Yeah, I always knew it was a scam otherwise we wouldn't need HOSPITALS or DOCTORS! 

I  just wanted to get an explanation as to how dumb these people can be to fall for it and why it hasn't been exposed as a scam in the era of modern science.

 

Click here to find out why Christianity is the biggest fairy tale ever created!! www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm www.JesusNEVERexisted.com


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Because the religious people

Because the religious people restrict access. Scientists who aren't part of the church aren't allowed to study evidence for miracles.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Old Seer
Theist
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2011-11-12
User is offlineOffline
I've been

thinking about the ampuole of blood. I couldn't put my finger on it (so to speak) it seemed familiar---but, at one timei n the past I heard about a wax (I think bees wax) that if mixed with a slight amount of oil of a type (something like fuel oil maybe) it remains soft, but if it's held in the hand warming it -it melts to a liquid. What sounded familiar was that the Pope held it in his hand. I finally remembered the details. Is anyone into chemestry here that would have any insight's on this.

About 10 years ago I heard about an image of Mary appearing on a wall in church near my home town. It didn't take me long to figure this one out. After my asking a few questions the idea seemed to perish very quickly.  Question 1-- what time of day is the image seen, A --about 10:00 to 10:30. Q-2 is there any brass light fixtures hanging from the ceiling. A- yes. Q-3 is the image seen on rainy days.  A- no one knew. Then I said---get some brasso and shine the light fixtiure and the image will go away.

 

The sun light reflecting off the brass surface was casting an image on the wall. A bit of tarnish or dust developed on the brass and is cusing the image. I then told them to get some brasso and clean the light fixture.   ????

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth


JesusLovesYou
Theist
Posts: 474
Joined: 2006-12-09
User is offlineOffline
The problem is this: The

The problem is this: The office of pope is completely unbiblical.

The Bible mentions 2 offices for the NT church. The first office is Bishop, which literally translates to overseer, and the second office is deacon, which can be summed up as servant leader.

Paul addressed 2 epistles to Timothy, mentoring Timothy in the capacity of leading the church. One key thing that Paul says to him in 1 Timothy 2:5 is "There is ONE God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"

If there is only one mediator between God and men, and it's Christ, how can a Catholic priest take on the role of mediator in a "confession".

1 Tim 3:2 says "A Bishop must then be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach"

So if, in order to oversee a church a bishop must be married, why does Catholic doctrine forbid marriage?

According to verse 12 of the same chapter, a deacon must also be married

 

 

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13210
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Noone in history is

Noone in history is qualified to hold office according to those qualifications.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4197
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:The

JesusLovesYou wrote:

The problem is this: The office of pope is completely unbiblical.

The Bible mentions 2 offices for the NT church. The first office is Bishop, which literally translates to overseer, and the second office is deacon, which can be summed up as servant leader.

Paul addressed 2 epistles to Timothy, mentoring Timothy in the capacity of leading the church. One key thing that Paul says to him in 1 Timothy 2:5 is "There is ONE God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"

If there is only one mediator between God and men, and it's Christ, how can a Catholic priest take on the role of mediator in a "confession".

1 Tim 3:2 says "A Bishop must then be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behavior, given to hospitality, apt to teach"

So if, in order to oversee a church a bishop must be married, why does Catholic doctrine forbid marriage?

According to verse 12 of the same chapter, a deacon must also be married

 

 




the problem with this argument is that the catholic church also recognizes tradition as an authority alongside the bible, much as rabbinical judaism recognizes oral as well as written torah. in fact, there is no biblical basis for the doctrine of sola scriptura. while the new testament does say that scripture is a valid source for teaching, etc., nowhere does it say it is the only source. so the ironic thing about the protestant conception of the bible is that one of its key doctrines, that the bible is the ONLY valid source of doctrine, is extra-biblical (and doesn't even have the merit of being traditional).

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
Posts: 1521
Joined: 2006-11-16
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:The

JesusLovesYou wrote:
The problem is this: The office of pope is completely unbiblical.
catholics and protestants are united by their belief in magic, but disagree on matters of bureaucracy.

Quote:
So if, in order to oversee a church a bishop must be married, why does Catholic doctrine forbid marriage?
If a priest doesn't have a family to support, that means more money for the mother church.  Makes good sense from a financial standpoint.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††