Chimpanzee's have cognitive ability to understand cooking

Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12661
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
Chimpanzee's have cognitive ability to understand cooking

The article has too many interesting bits to try and pick out an excerpt so I'll just link to it.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/06/150603083330.htm

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5397
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 It would be really cool to

 It would be really cool to run an experiment to see if eating cooked food really speeds up growth in intelligence. Unfortunately, such an experiment would be too expensive and long term to be practical. As it is, we can say that chimps are smarter than some humans.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15312
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
 You are  a fucking moron

 You are  a fucking moron Vastet, you just posted an article proving my point. When humans masturbate about how self important they are, regardless of label, and falsely attribute their discoveries to a label, you cannot see this is EXACLTY MY FUCKING POINT.

Our species deeper ability of brain function to even do what you and I do with each other in fighting, STILL stems from evolutionary pattern seeking. So when I say everything is based on evolution, I am not saying human atributes are not different, they are. I am saying what you posted is where life came from. 

When morons like you blast me about religions not being patent holders on invention, here is your proof. Your own fucking post. No religion ever has had a patent on discovery, our species ability to come up with new ideas is the same reason chimps can make a distinction between raw meat and cooked meat. 

It is no different than knowing  the evoluition of the human eye coming from prior life forms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

Everything involving life is litterally at its core about evolution. None of that is advocating humans become emotionalless robots. And the way you childishly react to me don't tell me you don't get emotional reacting to my posts. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5397
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Point proven

Brian37 wrote:

 You are  a fucking moron Vastet, you just posted an article proving my point. When humans masturbate about how self important they are, regardless of label, and falsely attribute their discoveries to a label, you cannot see this is EXACLTY MY FUCKING POINT.

Our species deeper ability of brain function to even do what you and I do with each other in fighting, STILL stems from evolutionary pattern seeking. So when I say everything is based on evolution, I am not saying human atributes are not different, they are. I am saying what you posted is where life came from. 

When morons like you blast me about religions not being patent holders on invention, here is your proof. Your own fucking post. No religion ever has had a patent on discovery, our species ability to come up with new ideas is the same reason chimps can make a distinction between raw meat and cooked meat. 

It is no different than knowing  the evoluition of the human eye coming from prior life forms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the_eye

Everything involving life is litterally at its core about evolution. None of that is advocating humans become emotionalless robots. And the way you childishly react to me don't tell me you don't get emotional reacting to my posts. 

 

Beyond Saving wrote:

As it is, we can say that chimps are smarter than some humans.


 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Vastet
atheistBloggerHigh Level ModeratorSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 12661
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is onlineOnline
Brian37 wrote:You are  a

Brian37 wrote:
You are  a fucking moron Vastet, you just posted an article proving my point.

Brian is so incredibly stupid he thinks this article somehow proves something he has claimed, which is absolute bullshit.

Brian37 wrote:
When humans masturbate about how self important they are, regardless of label, and falsely attribute their discoveries to a label, you cannot see this is EXACLTY MY FUCKING POINT.

Brian says this while he masturbates to labels he hands out like they were candy, and fails to point out a correlation between Chimps understanding the benefits of cooking and any of the idiotic verbal diarrhoea he constantly spews across the internet.

Brian37 wrote:
Our species deeper ability of brain function to even do what you and I do with each other in fighting, STILL stems from evolutionary pattern seeking.

Brian thinks we are somehow on the same level, but Brian doesn't comprehend that his intellect more closely matches that of a cow.

Brian37 wrote:
So when I say everything is based on evolution, I am not saying human atributes are not different, they are. I am saying what you posted is where life came from. 

Brian displays cognitive dissonence. On the one hand he says evolution is responsible for everything, and on the other fails to recognise the evolutionary advantages religious belief still provide today.

Brian37 wrote:
When morons like you blast me about religions not being patent holders on invention, here is your proof. Your own fucking post. No religion ever has had a patent on discovery, our species ability to come up with new ideas is the same reason chimps can make a distinction between raw meat and cooked meat. 

Brian finally attempts to make the forementioned correlation, but his poor attempt at logic fails utterly. Or perhaps I should say udderly. lol

Brian37 wrote:
It is no different than knowing  the evoluition of the human eye coming from prior life forms.

Brian is way too stupid to understand the evolution of the eye. But that doesn't stop him bringing it up. Sadly for Brian, it has nothing to do with this article or his idiotic verbal diarrhoea whatsoever.

Brian37 wrote:
Everything involving life is litterally at its core about evolution.

Brian so poorly understands evolution that he falsely believes everything to do with life is rooted in evolution, when in fact it is rooted in entropy and chemistry and physics.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.