letter to Old Seer

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
letter to Old Seer

Old Seer,

I would like to know your story. Not your cults story, your story.

I will give you mine.

Growing up, I was in a traditional catholic household, going to public school. I was the "average" kid. I played sports, video games (RPG's mostly, which have significant references to pagan religions), hung out with friends, etc. I claimed catholicism, but that was it (as most catholics do). After high school, I joined Navy. 

During this time from high school to my beginnings in the Navy, I explored my sexuality, and found pleasure in same sex. I was in "A" school, and I was invited one Sunday to a local Baptist church, and I really enjoyed it, and the guy that invited me, prayed with me, and asked me to invite Jesus into my heart, I did that.

From that point on, I received what was like an awareness, and my "activities" tore me up inside. A little later down the road, I was invited to a United Pentecostal church, where I spent the next 8 years. I thought I had the "in" while I was there, but I was still living in sin. I read the Bible, but I trusted the preaching too much. Still when I would do the "activities" I would have the weight of guilt.

when I left that area, I decided I wanted to try Christian Mingle, which is where I met my now wife. She has a dedication to God and her faith, it is so strong. We looked for a church together, and came across a huge and popular non denominational church. BTW I left my previous church because I met some really strong Christians while out at sea that showed me that I was in legalism, and I started truly searching the scripture.

now, really being in the scripture had really helped with my walk. I was super nervous about my past though, which she didn't discover till 4 months into marriage, and it almost led to divorce. We both, separately spent time in the scripture, and sought after God, and after about a 2 month "separation" we came back together and realized the commitment we made, and that through Christ we can make it. 

Now 3 years later we are still happy and have 2 wonderful kids. When we moved to a new location we tried a few churches, and when we found the right one, a community driven church with a pastor that preaches verse by verse, we settled there.

even though it took me a while, going from liberal to legalistic, to as scriptural based as possible, being in the scripture seeing things for myself, I have drawn closer to God. I am not perfect, but I desire to be closer to God every day because of what He has done for me.

now your turn. Also I would really like to correspond.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

You're the one calling an apple an orange, not me. I'll see your 3 biased and false links and raise you 5 definitions from some of the most respected authorities on the English language..

a·the·ism/ˈāTHēˌizəm/
noun
disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en-CA&source=hp&q=define+atheism&btnG=Google+Search&gbv=1
-------------------------
archaic :  ungodliness, wickedness
a :  a disbelief in the existence of deity
b :  the doctrine that there is no deity
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism
noun
a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheist
a·the·ism  (ā′thē-ĭz′əm)
n.
Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or gods.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist
Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/atheism

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Ok. Here is the thing about "once saved always saved"....

Yeah, you're right.  I was just fooling myself about my own experiences.  You know so much more about me than I'll ever know.     ( sarcasm )

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Atheism

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Atheism IS a religion.

That's fine with me.   My religion is the superior one. 

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:JesusLovesYou

Vastet wrote:
You're the one calling an apple an orange, not me. I'll see your 3 biased and false links and raise you 5 definitions from some of the most respected authorities on the English language.. a·the·ism/ˈāTHēˌizəm/ noun disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en-CA&source=hp&q=define+atheism&btnG=Google+Search&gbv=1 ------------------------- 1 archaic :  ungodliness, wickedness 2 a :  a disbelief in the existence of deity b :  the doctrine that there is no deity http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism ------------------------- noun 1. a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheist ------------------------- a·the·ism  (ā′thē-ĭz′əm) n. Disbelief in or denial of the existence of God or gods. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/atheist ------------------------- Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/atheism

All the definitions you gave me are about not believing in a deity.

I never said like that.

Simply not believing in a deity does not make someone irreligious. You have a "religious" disbelief in God. Just like a Christian or a Muslim want to convert others to be said religions, you want to eradicate belief in a deity, and push atheism. RELIGION.

You are dedicated to being an atheist. RELIGION

Do I agree that there are some atheists that are not religious? yes I do. These are the atheists that disbelieve, but live and let live.

Do I agree that atheists on this site are not religious? no I do not. You revolve your life around atheism, want to push atheism on general population, you live, breathe, eat, and poop atheism. THATS what makes the atheists on this site RELIGIOUS.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Do I

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Do I agree that atheists on this site are not religious? no I do not. You revolve your life around atheism, want to push atheism on general population, you live, breathe, eat, and poop atheism. THATS what makes the atheists on this site RELIGIOUS.

Well, you whiney bitch,   I guess that America's freedom of religion means you just have to deal with it.   BOOYA !

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Well, you whiney bitch,   I guess that America's freedom of religion means you just have to deal with it.   BOOYA !

i'm just saying to accept the fact that you ARE religious

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:All the

JesusLovesYou wrote:
All the definitions you gave me are about not believing in a deity.

Because that is the only thing atheism is. Disbelief in a deity is not sufficient criteria to be a religion.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I never said like that.

Yes you did, because you don't know what atheism or religion is defined by. You did it out of ignorance, and quite possibly unintentionally, but you still did it.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Simply not believing in a deity does not make someone irreligious. You have a "religious" disbelief in God.

No, I don't. Brian37 is the only frequent poster on this site who has made a religion out of disbelief in gods. The rest of us simply don't believe.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
You are dedicated to being an atheist. RELIGION

A lie. Unlike you, I'm open to new evidence. If god introduces himself to me, and sufficiently demonstrates his/her/its godhood, then I will immediately cease to be an atheist. I don't believe in gods because there is no evidence for gods, not because I have an investment in disbelieving in gods.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Do I agree that there are some atheists that are not religious? yes I do. These are the atheists that disbelieve, but live and let live.

Like most of us. I didn't come into your house and start making fun of your belief. You came into my house and started making fun of my disbelief. Are you seriously suggesting I'm not allowed to defend myself against a loudmouthed intruder in my own home without becoming religious? If you are, I'm going to laugh at your stupidity.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Do I agree that atheists on this site are not religious? no I do not.

Your opinion is irrelevant to the truth.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
You revolve your life around atheism

Ridiculous. I've spent an average of one or two minutes per 24 hours on atheism throughout my life, and that is a very liberal estimate. Most likely I've spent far less.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
want to push atheism on general population

Nope. I just want theists like you to stop pushing theism on the general population. If you all were to shut your fool mouths and leave me alone, you'd never hear me talk about atheism again.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
you live, breathe, eat, and poop atheism

Nope.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
THATS what makes the atheists on this site RELIGIOUS.

And I just proved you wrong. Try again.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:  i'm

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I just did you idiot.   I also stated my religion is superior to yours.      Does that make you feel all better ?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Which has nothing to do with your comments that started this tangent 

Forgetful theist wrote:

Nobody can be born an atheist.

Somehow, I have a hunch you would be the first to whistle a different tune if I got religious exemptions from laws to live within my "religious" worldview. But I don't really give a flying fuck, and I doubt anyone else here does either, what term you wish to use to describe my beliefs. Although in my "religion" gay marriage, polygamy, group marriage, line marriage, clan marriage, temporary marriage, using drugs, prostitution, abortion, obscenity and dressing (or undressing) however you want are all accepted practices. So why do you keep oppressing my "religious" rights? I demand an end to your religious persecution! And damnit, I want my house of worship tax exempt. Hey, being a religion has its perks. If my beliefs are a religion, why should your religion get more favor under the law?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Which has nothing to do with your comments that started this tangent 

Forgetful theist wrote:

Nobody can be born an atheist.

Somehow, I have a hunch you would be the first to whistle a different tune if I got religious exemptions from laws to live within my "religious" worldview. But I don't really give a flying fuck, and I doubt anyone else here does either, what term you wish to use to describe my beliefs. Although in my "religion" gay marriage, polygamy, group marriage, line marriage, clan marriage, temporary marriage, using drugs, prostitution, abortion, obscenity and dressing (or undressing) however you want are all accepted practices. So why do you keep oppressing my "religious" rights? I demand an end to your religious persecution! And damnit, I want my house of worship tax exempt. Hey, being a religion has its perks. If my beliefs are a religion, why should your religion get more favor under the law?

The law says you can practice atheism as equally as I practice Christianity.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
My work here is done. Thank

My work here is done. Thank you all for your time. Laughing out loud ;-D

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
The JLY exposé (?)

RE :: The  JLY  exposé (?)

Oh, massaging temples   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU5b_Odl0uY {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU5b_Odl0uY}

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:My work

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Too easy. When you come back, try harder.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:My work

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Please take all your religious delusions, your redefined words, your passive-agressive behavior, your "intellectual" prowess and shove them up your anal sphincter.  As I said before, just stick to being a sexually repressed navy electrician. Your not qualified for anything else. 

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, at least we learned

Well, at least we learned about Doom, so something useful happened in this thread. Time to set up the betting pool on how long it will be before the JLY troll gets hungry again. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
To increase the usefulness

To increase the usefulness of the topic, there is a huge E3 sale on the PS Store. I picked yp Arkham Origins for $9 last night. GTA 5 is on sale for something like $26, down from ~$72.

I don't know if MS is also doing a sale on XB Live, but I think it is safe to assume they are doing something.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Important things that come out, when we're talking : )

> >  TO THE CONTRARY -- Oh, The Important things that come out, when we're talking : )

Oh, Contraire mon frère, heathen dog people. This is a very fine thread!

View 'Three' Uploads --

Now here is one of those great mysteries of life ( See :: Arm  pic )

p.p.s.  --  Who says when you have fun, you cannot do amazing things, .. I ask you ?!?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
A catmas tree. Interesting.

A catmas tree. Interesting.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Little things I should have said and done, but you were always

(?) Little things I should have said and done, but you were always . . [Question mark]

Here's a thought let's everyone start exploring  your more  'creative'  solution(s) . .   Images MUST be a huge OFF-Site Hint, or are we still  a  puzzling  ?  --

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Old Seer,To make things

Old Seer,

To make things easier we should discuss off site.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ahem! Remember what ''I said'' earlier !!

re:: Ahem!!

Image for Off-Site mainly but a reminder included, too !!

View/SEE main  Image ::