letter to Old Seer

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
letter to Old Seer

Old Seer,

I would like to know your story. Not your cults story, your story.

I will give you mine.

Growing up, I was in a traditional catholic household, going to public school. I was the "average" kid. I played sports, video games (RPG's mostly, which have significant references to pagan religions), hung out with friends, etc. I claimed catholicism, but that was it (as most catholics do). After high school, I joined Navy. 

During this time from high school to my beginnings in the Navy, I explored my sexuality, and found pleasure in same sex. I was in "A" school, and I was invited one Sunday to a local Baptist church, and I really enjoyed it, and the guy that invited me, prayed with me, and asked me to invite Jesus into my heart, I did that.

From that point on, I received what was like an awareness, and my "activities" tore me up inside. A little later down the road, I was invited to a United Pentecostal church, where I spent the next 8 years. I thought I had the "in" while I was there, but I was still living in sin. I read the Bible, but I trusted the preaching too much. Still when I would do the "activities" I would have the weight of guilt.

when I left that area, I decided I wanted to try Christian Mingle, which is where I met my now wife. She has a dedication to God and her faith, it is so strong. We looked for a church together, and came across a huge and popular non denominational church. BTW I left my previous church because I met some really strong Christians while out at sea that showed me that I was in legalism, and I started truly searching the scripture.

now, really being in the scripture had really helped with my walk. I was super nervous about my past though, which she didn't discover till 4 months into marriage, and it almost led to divorce. We both, separately spent time in the scripture, and sought after God, and after about a 2 month "separation" we came back together and realized the commitment we made, and that through Christ we can make it. 

Now 3 years later we are still happy and have 2 wonderful kids. When we moved to a new location we tried a few churches, and when we found the right one, a community driven church with a pastor that preaches verse by verse, we settled there.

even though it took me a while, going from liberal to legalistic, to as scriptural based as possible, being in the scripture seeing things for myself, I have drawn closer to God. I am not perfect, but I desire to be closer to God every day because of what He has done for me.

now your turn. Also I would really like to correspond.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Let's

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Let's get even simpler. A yes or no question.

Oh yeah, hold that thought, you two-faced moron.  Shall we begin phase two of your own "deflection"  ( four times ) and spiritual / gibberish answers  from your "atheist flaws" diatribe ?    I'll be back later to ask you for the fifth time to give me a "yes" or "no" answer regarding your pronouncements from your own thread.   Later.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:I don't see

Old Seer wrote:

I don't see why you can't do this yourself. all you had to do is search nimrod. Holy Kow. In our day we didn't have the internet--we had to use logic. Consider how close we came to what this page has. Learn to think for yourself- step out of your bible box for awhile. We did not have the assets you have today. Now you're going to do what I've been trying to get you to do all this time. It's best you get off your duffer and start looking and learning. When you deal with us "you" have to work at it, that way one learns more and better.  Good for you. Get your ass moving on this and don't rely on others to make it easer for you. I don't have time--hour after hour after hour to handle things like this. I had to get the garden tilled today--now--I see you finally got the idea. Have at it sailer, and get right. and no, we didn't create our own religion, this is something we encoutered. We're submitting it to others for their analysis to be accepted or rejected.  We don't care what you do with it. It'slike giving a gift--open the package and have a look at what's inside.    Smiling

http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/nimrod.html

Ok. Now we are moving into a good area of discussion. Your link is correct, Nimrod does mean rebel, and according to this website this "person" is mentioned in many far east cultures writings. Again though, the Bible only mentions Nimrod as these nation's founder, and the Babylonian ruler that is more prominent in focus is Nebuchadnezzar. One of the picture captions on the website you gave me even points to Babylon's zenith occurred under Nebuchadnezzar.

Nimrod was only one of the grandsons of Noah. Others made great nations too, such as Canaan.

Then we go YEARS down the road, and God picked Abram, and said he would make him a great nation. Why would the Lord pick Abram to establish a nation, out of all the people in the world at this point?

Here is a quote from John MacArthur:

Abraham was a sinful heathen who grew up in an unbelieving and idolatrous society. We do not know exactly how or when God first made Himself known to Abraham, but he was raised in a home that was pagan (Josh. 24:2). His native city of Ur was in Chaldea, in the general region called Mesopotamia, between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. It was a fertile land and was culturally advanced. It was near where the Garden of Eden was located (cf. Gen. 2:14) and was some 140 miles from where the great city of Babylon would one day be built.

Isaiah refers to Abraham as “the rock from which you were hewn” and “the quarry from which your were dug” (Isa. 51:1–2), reminding his fellow Jews that God sovereignly condescended to call Abraham out of paganism and idolatry in order to bless him and the world through him. He may have had higher moral standards than his friends and neighbors, but this was not the reason God chose him. God chose him because He wanted to choose him. And when God spoke to him, he listened; when God promised, he trusted; when God commanded, he obeyed.

Ill say yes, rebellion rose again after the flood, but Nimrod did not create "the nation to rule all nations" like you are stating, and God then called Abram OUT of that, to follow after Him.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Ok L.

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Ok L. Ron Hubbard, you have seemingly created your own religion with no foundation to stand on.

You can interpret all you want, but the issue here is, you dodge facts

ie. Your position on Nimrod, when all that is said is He was a mighty hunter. Who you are actually thinking of is Nebuchadnezzar.

You throw information that you did not validate out on the table when it's information that can be validated.

ie. Westerners write sequentially and middle easterners may not.

That is something that CAN be researched, and you havent.

this is what I am going to do now. I am going to take all that verifiable information off of your blog, research the varifable information, and then get back to you with my findings.

Hubbard was smart enough to make bank. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I'm

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I'm getting tired of your constant deflections. 

JLY, why don't you show old seer how it's done and give a yes or no answer to a question that I've asked you four times previously, and to which have still refused to answer with a "yes" or "no"

From your own thread, under "common atheist flaws" :, Dear JLY, do you still hold to your pronouncements that atheists have no emotions, are selfish and are a threat to society ?

Please answer "yes" or "no".  

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Let's

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Let's get even simpler. A yes or no question.

so back to the yes or no portion, ...... yes or no.

Awaiting your "yes" or "no" concerning "common atheist flaws".     Show old seer how easy it is.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I'm getting tired of your constant deflections. 

JLY, why don't you show old seer how it's done and give a yes or no answer to a question that I've asked you four times previously, and to which have still refused to answer with a "yes" or "no"

From your own thread, under "common atheist flaws" :, Dear JLY, do you still hold to your pronouncements that atheists have no emotions, are selfish and are a threat to society ?

No to the atheist; Yes to atheism

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I couldn't understand why

you were haveing a problem with the sequenceing. I was in error of application. The text is in sequence yes, but the events they are describing aren't. The events described overlap or are within  the 7 days. The 2 are the same as or describing something in the 7 days, such as "these are the generations of Adam, "the image" goes to the 6th day. The other goes to the 1st day. The 1st day is the creation of the heavens and the earth. They all are in the same event of the 7 and adding to the happenings of those days. Notice--- the image is spiritual, supporting the premise that creation is about the spiritual not the material. I had problems why you couldn't see something so simple. Ok.I hope that settles that.

I'm also on the word processor working on how creation interprets the time of Noah. It'll be another day or so then I'll copy and paste it to a post. That will give you an insight on how creaton works with the apostles and other things.

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:you were

Old Seer wrote:

you were haveing a problem with the sequenceing. I was in error of application. The text is in sequence yes, but the events they are describing aren't. The events described overlap or are within  the 7 days. The 2 are the same as or describing something in the 7 days, such as "these are the generations of Adam, "the image" goes to the 6th day. The other goes to the 1st day. The 1st day is the creation of the heavens and the earth. They all are in the same event of the 7 and adding to the happenings of those days. Notice--- the image is spiritual, supporting the premise that creation is about the spiritual not the material. I had problems why you couldn't see something so simple. Ok.I hope that settles that.

I'm also on the word processor working on how creation interprets the time of Noah. It'll be another day or so then I'll copy and paste it to a post. That will give you an insight on how creaton works with the apostles and other things.

You don't understand what ur saying when you say spiritual v material.

Yes God is a Spirit, and those who WORSHIP Him Must WORSHIP in Spirit and in truth. (Jesus said this)

The Genesis account states that God, Hebrew word Elohim, which defines as deity, created EVERYTHING, as in intelligent design. What is the light on day 4? Most define it as the light of God. 

Adam was created, nowhere near being referred to as creator, however Jesus, being God, is creator.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
No Comment ( Well . . )

St. Augustine. His Letter 211 (c. 424)  . . Cum dilectione hominum et odio vitiorum, [ !Ha!! Old Ebenezer was often heard to exclaim :  Bah !! ]

Atheism is the absence of belief that any deities exist, to review wrote:
  (?) Under "common atheist flaws" :,

Dear JLY, do you still hold to your pronouncements that atheists have no emotions, are selfish and are a threat to society ?

JesusLovesYou wrote:

No Comment  (Well . .   View these Pictures)

http://xtupload.com

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Item

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Yes God is a Spirit, and those who WORSHIP Him Must WORSHIP in Spirit and in truth. (Jesus said this)

The Genesis account states that God, Hebrew word Elohim, which defines as deity, created EVERYTHING, as in intelligent design. What is the light on day 4? Most define it as the light of God. 

Adam was created, nowhere near being referred to as creator, however Jesus, being God, is creator.

1-material verses spiritul. This implies that material and spiritual are having fight. Well no, but what I'm refering to is the materail interpretaion is in conflict with the spirtual interpretation of creation. This may not be correct --I don't know where from you're refering to in the use of this.

2-yes, the term used to define God is spiritual. But we don't interpret  God as you do. God to us is people. We don't find in our interpretaion goid being anyone else. So in our case we would be worshiping our selves--we don't do that. We also find the term worship to be a drag in from thei old religion. We cahnge that the "recognition" which would mena a recognition of others/people. Our interpretaion has no person or entity existing our side a brain. To us god is inward, not external. As JC said--God dwells in man. This is going to be difficult form you to imagine and you will have problems with it. Amoung ourselves we don't use the term "God". The term can be applies to anything, especially to things not understood and used as an excuse to cover ingnorance. So we dumped it. An Apostle point to--God id all things to all people, right. Wefind that to be correct. We interpret God as force, in terms of all that rules in one's life can be considered god.  The force of the wind can be god as it has a rulership over some of one's life. The sun also. It all works within a concept of good and evil which is a resultof life in a material universe. The sun is good because plants grow so we can eat, and evil if you get a sunburn. The universe works that way. All is ruled by God/force. The forces the book deals with the most is social forces. We all live within a the concept of a society. Thsi is what the book is concerned about--the forces under which we relate to each other. So, when we dela with a socila issue we deal with the forces applied within and what the forces are causing. In this concept we don't see any deity or super human entity--it's all about people and what factor/forces they deal with each other. Somne forces bring evil and others bring good. There's no getting around it. This can trun into a long drawn out explanation so I'll cut it here.

3-they might define that as deity, but it depends upon whos doing the defining. This is a thing that gave us big problems. This was settled by--whos doing the translation and interpretaion. One who is highly religious and believes in deities will interpret accordingly. I don't think there's anything in the book that supports intelligent design. Be carefull here. There are plenty of religious fanatics at the controls of some of this stuff. My understanding of biology is not enough to be very accurate on this but intelligent design is not necissary for biological form to come about. Our pet theoryn is all life evolved from plants then a genetic mutation to anumates. The plants came first and there may be no reasdon for a seperate line to develope on it's own . But thats a theory not fact. We favor evolution over intelligent design. The fact that millions os species are exticnt shows someon isn't watching what they created. Why create and then let it go to ruin. I pointed out on a previous post (by the way, google African bushmen/migration )material evidence doesn't lie. If it does then there is a very ignorant entity that created matter and lets it lie. That doesn't make sense. The grand canyon alone has enough evidence to disalllow intelligent design. As we see it, the creationist looses on this one. In our understanding od biblical creation matter isn't created, it's inward/spiritual thing that's going on. It is covered in the mental sciences rather then the physical sciences and has nothing to do with the creation of a universe. Creation of everything does not (in our understanding) include material creation. The book is a dealing with the spiritual only. The "everything" refers to everything spiritual. Christianity/Adam is not about materialor the physical, it deals with the spiritual only, there fore then, what gets attached to Christiasnity can only be referenced to spiritual/person. There is no material thing that can be Christian, human. It's strickly what the book refers to as then invisable and that can only be a matter of the mental, and invisable equals person. as the book holds that a person is the invisible. But, we're not so sure of that, becasue we have a better undersrtnding in the sciences and tha apostles may be wrong. There is no evidence that we know of that a person is non material. And as much as we can tell , we don't know how the Apostles would know that. They had no way of proving it, and we still don't today.  It's a wait and see situation.

Adam and JC are not the same persons per se. The bodies are different but the mind is the same. This is a case expressed  by the hundu, The one in the many and the many in the one. or JC-I am one in the fahter and the father is in me, if you are with me then we are one and also one with the father. The onness is the spiritual not the physical. Only Adam was in rthe beginning , and in the beginning is the form of Adam the same as JC. What was in the beginnig was the spirit of Adam. which is the same as the spirit of JC, which is the spirit of you me and everyone esle. In chrisitanity the spirit is a "one", there's just millions of bodies/ the physicals.The apostle points to ---all men are made in the image of god--in this case the same as Adam, as Adam was also made in the same image. The image of all is the same as Adam. You may have a problem with this. It may take a bit to come clear.

Hebrew may not count for much. The tribes were formed long after the fall. There's to many things in hebrew that don't add up whenit comes to Chritianty. Hebrew cannot be a true religion of Adam. Thats why they claim that their father is Abraham, becasue they don't understand Adam which would be their farthest ancestor and the father of them all. Hebrew plus Adam may not be very reliable.

4- This is one I can't explain without high difficulty. If the father,expressed as God undertook creation then what does JC create when there's nothing left to create. This seems hypocirtical. But, JC is a person. We don't see a super human in creation because their can be no such thing. Ok (this is tuff) what creating is a person just as you and I are. But, We hold that creation is the making of Adam, a mental makeup. And whats'happening to create Adam id a group of individual searchimng out to understand the makings of thier person. They are a making of the natural processes of evolution and figuring themselves as to what they are. In other words they are working out and seeking to underatand their nature. Rather then creating they are discovering because they are already created and, as light in the first day is enlightenment then they (someone)are becoming knowledgeable. I'm enclined to think the idea of JC creating is a misinterpretaion.he's creating something that's already created. Thats doesn't make sense. Someone has something wrong here. We've come across things like this before, and this one is a new one to me. I can see the prospect of Adam being enlightened and making a change in life accordingly, but "create" nope. That can't be. OK, what's to do in this case is go to an online bible site and look at different tranlations and different insights and see if "create" holds" up.

4- the two lights in the 4th day. They are enlightenments--of what. two things. One rules the day and the other the night, the greater and lessor lights. There's a world of light and a world of dark. The greater light is the knowledge of what is human and the lessor is the knowledge of ---the animal, darkness, the dark side. Understanding one also brings an understanding of the other. Darkness can also mean ignorance. In this case light deals with knowledge so it isn't ignorance. The book deals with these two sides of one's personality, so this is someones coming to an underastanding of one' s self---self awareness. The two lights are expressed as -the sun and tha moon. JC rendition of the end time includes - the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give it's light. At a point in the end time and after the governments, and religions are taken away (by the people) they begin a rapid decline into the animal mind which thay gave up to make changes. This is biblical forum, we may not agree on everyhting in this process. The world knows things today that they didn't know then. The book predicts that the people will take to the concept of Christianity and the world will change accordingly because the people will demad it and walk away form leaders. Cops will go home etc. JC predicts great disaster. We think maybe not. This also is a connection to Armageddon when those prefering to reinstall the old system fail to do so. Being there's no civilization at that time (that's the prediction) anachy (the bad kind) goes into effect and they, re gonners. Just like at the time of Noah they wipe each other away. Yup, the flood happens again, only this time with bullets, not knives and clubs. That leaves the decent and kindly floks alive to live on, their way. Sounds strange but that's what the book says/implies. I think maybe and maybe not.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:No to

JesusLovesYou wrote:

he asked you about atheists, not atheism, and you weren't referring to "atheism" in the other thread. why are you qualifying? again, show old seer how easy it is just to be forthright. if you no longer hold your position on atheists, the respectable, honorable, moral thing to do would be to just give an unqualified "no."

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:No to

JesusLovesYou wrote:

DEFLECTION NUMBER FIVE from JesusLovesYou.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Wait a minute-

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

Hold it, stop,  back up. I came to an understanding of what was bothering me about this. I couldn't(as they say) put my finger on it.

I'm not intending to be negatively critical, but.      What you're saying here is ( I don't think you realize it) that Adam and JC existed in the beginning living in the garden of Eden,  or at the same time strolling hand in hand like twins. And somehow JC gets projected several 1000 years later in Palistine. That can't be. This is where the physical/material interpretaion breaks down and makes no sense.

JC is born (formed) with the propensity to be like Adam, or at least is gifted wikth an ability to reason out his ancestor Adam. This also may be a matter of genetics where --like father like son. I cna tell by my grandchildrer that this is the case. I can see which one's or more like granma and ones who are more like me. Weseem to be all formed in the likenesses of our anceators. I may not have that exactly correct, but I think I'm in the general area. 

Now the spiritual takes over. JC is only in the begining because he is a likeness ogf Adam (there's more to this but I don't want another long drawn out exlpanation), but the is not present in Adams time. When JC used the term "I" as being in the beginning means he and Adam are one in knowledge, not physical presence. And, this is where Atheism comes in. All this superstition hand me downs from past time has hoy yo be taken out of life. Let physics and mental science rule the day . Science has plenty to go yet but what is known is enough to dump religious nonsense based on little understanding of what the hells going on in the universe and in the minds. There's really no place on this planet for religion, other then a few minor beliefs. The only reason it's here is because it's become a bad habit.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ironic that a religious

Ironic that a religious person like seer doesn't understand the place of religion.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 Here is the issue Old

Here is the issue Old Seer,

You keep basically criticizing the English Bible, as if you have some greater translation in your possession, however, YOU are basing YOUR interpretation off the English text.

If you want to go with creation, then let's go with creation. 

Genesis- In the beginning God, translated from the Hebrew Elohim. Elohim definition is deity. Elohim is also a plural word, however, according to Jewish teaching, the plural Elohim is a plural of majesty. Plural of majesty is referring to how, historically, kings of nations speak of themselves in the plural. (www.biblicalunitarian.com/videos/genesis-1-26).

Later God says let us make. The English us does exist in the hebrew. The Hebrew text is Elohim Amar asa, which literally translates God said make. 

John 1. God translated from the Greek Theos, which again refers to deity.

also I did not say Adam and Jesus existed together.

I said Adam was created by God, as text states. God made man. 

The NT states that the creator from Genesis is Jesus. Jesus Himself states before Abraham was, I am. The epistle to Collosians says about Jesus, the world was created by Him, and for Him.

The author of Hebrews states something similar.

multiple times in Revelation Jesus says He is the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last 

The Bible points to the eternality of Christ, as in Christ is God, just as Paul states in Collosians, that Christ is the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Here

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You keep basically criticizing the English Bible, as if you have some greater translation in your possession, however, YOU are basing YOUR interpretation off the English text.

Old Seer stop deflecting and answer the question.  The proper use of words ( like "atheists" as opposed to "atheism" ) is very important to JesusLovesYou and it really gets under his skin when people play word games.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I really don't understand

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Old Seer stop deflecting and answer the question.  The proper use of words ( like "atheists" as opposed to "atheism" ) is very important to JesusLovesYou and it really gets under his skin when people play word games.

I'm not sure of what you're asking. My original post to JLY was that I disagreed with his analysis of Atheism. That's where and why  I got into this thread or his threads. I wasn't  aware that your post was direced to me. Honestly, I don't understand you post or what you're spcifically asking. I don't recall making a post on Atheist or Atheism.  If so, where. I'm not aware that he asked me anything about Atheism. If you can direct me to it plaes do, and I'll do my best to handle it.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer

Old Seer wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I'm not sure of what you're asking. My original post to JLY was that I disagreed with his analysis of Atheism. That's where and why  I got into this thread or his threads. I wasn't  aware that your post was direced to me. Honestly, I don't understand you post or what you're spcifically asking. I don't recall making a post on Atheist or Atheism.  If so, where. I'm not aware that he asked me anything about Atheism. If you can direct me to it plaes do, and I'll do my best to handle it.

PDW is using sarcasm from not liking my answers to the question.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is why christianity

This is why christianity dominates in the west. Their religious competition is literally too stupid to compete.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
I see

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

you want me make a distiction between Atheist and Atheism. I didn'tknow he asked me that.

Atheist- An individual or individusals, (persons) that doesn't believe in theism, a deity or deities, and beliefs in a God. I hope that's sufficient.

Atheism-  is a non belief in theism, deisim, or god(s)

Is Atheism harmful. Definetly, but only if it becomes to effective against religion,  in which case governments will shut it down. ( I covered this somewhere. ) Governments are very economic minded. Being detrementle to effect will be harmful to the worlds economy, because religions make up a large part of economies. They won't let it get that far. China's economy has little reliance on religion in economy, but in their case government replaces religion , as so it is seen, and that may be a false impression. Atheism will be just fine and dandy in China, but in the western regions it will/can get to be an economic problem. Expect persecution if Atheism becomes effective in the west. Atheism isn't harmful in itself to people in general, but is harmful becasue so much of economy depends upon religion. You have future problems coming.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:PDW is

JesusLovesYou wrote:

PDW is using sarcasm from not liking my answers to the question.

Actually I was pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of your demand that Old Seer reply to your query with a strict "yes" or "no" and for him to stop "deflecting" but yet you still  resort to the same tactics that you decry.    When I asked you the previous five times you still continue to run away from your "Common atheist flaws"  pronouncements where you described the attributes of atheist themselves:

A ) "the belief that they ( the atheist ) has a higher degree of intelligence than a believer....

B ) "Atheism also rids an individual of all emotion....

C ) "atheism teaches selfishness...

D ) "atheism is a threat to humanity"

Your thread was a list of personality traits, an inventory of atheist behavior, that you believe defines how atheist think and behave.  It doesn't matter if you continue to deflect by quoting a random bible verse or attempt to play word games just to avoid providing me with a simple "YES" or "NO."    The fact remains that your pathetic display of intellectual dishonesty is on full display for not only the atheists .....I have no emotion....I am smarter that Christians....I am selfish....but just as importantly your evasive tactics are here for Old Seer to see just  how two-faced a bible believing Jesus Freak can really be.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Re :: Patientiam esse virtutem (that's Latin) : )

>  Patientiam esse virtutem

JesusLovesYou wrote:

If you want to go with creation, then let's go with creation. 

Genesis- In the beginning God, translated from the Hebrew Elohim. Elohim definition is deity. Elohim is also a plural word, however, according to Jewish teaching, the plural Elohim is a plural of majesty. Plural of majesty is referring to how, historically, kings of nations speak of themselves in the plural. (www.biblicalunitarian.com/videos/genesis-1-26).

Later God says let us make. The English us does exist in the hebrew. The Hebrew text is Elohim Amar asa, which literally translates God said make. 

John 1. God translated from the Greek Theos, which again refers to deity.

also I did not say Adam and Jesus existed together.

I said Adam was created by God, . . multiple times in Revelation Jesus says He is the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last 

The Bible points to the eternality of Christ, as in Christ is God, just as Paul states in Collosians . . ect.

Focus !  I believe   JLY  has a statement here for  Old Seer to  unpack or at least comment upon,  reminder to not loose our train of thought !

Patientiam esse virtutem (that's Latin)

Uploaded  the two 'Single' Images,  just an easy to come by  added  addition  --

This may  cause more harm than its' ever worth, but  I will certainly get a private laugh out of  this page (See: My Uploaded Images) though . .

http://xtupload.com

Patientiam dicure ?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:you want me

Old Seer wrote:

you want me make a distiction between Atheist and Atheism. I didn'tknow he asked me that.

Atheist- An individual or individusals, (persons) that doesn't believe in theism, a deity or deities, and beliefs in a God. I hope that's sufficient.

Is Atheism harmful. Definetly, but only if it becomes to effective against religion,  in which case governments will shut it down. ( I covered this somewhere. ) Governments are very economic minded. Being detrementle to effect will be harmful to the worlds economy, because religions make up a large part of economies. They won't let it get that far. China's economy has little reliance on religion in economy, but in their case government replaces religion , as so it is seen, and that may be a false impression. Atheism will be just fine and dandy in China, but in the western regions it will/can get to be an economic problem. Expect persecution if Atheism becomes effective in the west. Atheism isn't harmful in itself to people in general, but is harmful becasue so much of economy depends upon religion. You have future problems coming.

The distinction between atheists and atheism was only meant to highlight the word games that JLY is resorting to in order not to own up to his own, rather bizarre accusations that he aims at atheists.  If he would have answered me with a "yes" or "no" like he was demanding from you I would have simply laughed at his ignorance and moved on.   It was his repeated denials, and then his treatment of you that infuriated me.   He has no honor.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Thank you Dana

I am aware of his post. I'm contemplateing his input. I already answered some of this previous, but he's not understanding. I'm still working on the word processor to show how the use of creation is used to interpret  Noah's flood. I posted this on another thread 2 or 3 years ago but I'm tringto do better explaination. I'm trying to figure a way for his easier understanding. I don't think it can be done.  He submits to many questions at one time. Smiling

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

just because u don't like my answers doesn't mean they aren't answers.

if you really want me to boil it down, I stick to my convictions, so yes.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
he doesn't realize

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

he's asking to many questions at a time. I can't keep up with all that so I have to pick the one that will take the least time and explanation and let the rest go.

The distinction between atheists and atheism was only meant to highlight the word games that JLY is resorting to in order not to own up to his own, rather bizarre accusations that he aims at atheists.  If he would have answered me with a "yes" or "no" like he was demanding from you I would have simply laughed at his ignorance and moved on.   It was his repeated denials, and then his treatment of you that infuriated me.   He has no honor.

he's asking to many questions at a time. I can't keep up with all that so I have to pick the one that will take the least time and explanation and let the rest go.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer

Old Seer wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

or in other words, you ignore and avoid the questions of which answers contradict your "interpretation" and you try to manipulate the rest in your favor

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Oh for heavens sake

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

or in other words, you ignore and avoid the questions of which answers contradict your "interpretation" and you try to manipulate the rest in your favor

I'm not competing with you. I'm informing you of our interpretation. And here I was working on your previous post only to log on and run into this. This is an information swap nort a competition. Yes, definetly, our interpretaion contradits yours, thats' the idea. It's your job is to figure out why. Of course I'm favoring ours, that's one reason we have it---because we favor it. What the hell????? The prospect here is to get you to look at ours, and after decide if it's correct for you or not and if it isn't dump it. We don't care--we don't have to be right if you think we aren,t. We're not going to bawl over it.

One more item. You say that Adam and JC were physically present--together--in the beginning. Pary tell, what use is Adam there if JC is there. You just can,t understand this can you. Look at JC and Adam as twins mentally and physically if you want them both there at the same time. Now picture---JC is born 3000 years later somewhere else. The "I" is still in the beginning and also becomes 3000 years later. Now you're going to say that's impossible--right. Yes it is--but then you missed the point. JC is propagating something that he know was in the beginning---stuff about his brother which is the same as he. OK. now remove the twin idea--what do you have. Two different guys with the same knowledge. The knowledge is the "I" not the physical. Adam can be long dead but the "I" remains. IE-I told you from the beginning etc. The "I" in the beginning is the same as the "I" in the ending. The Alpha and tha Omega. It means that what was established in the beginning "Adam the Alpha" will also after the end time be re-established- the precepts of Adam--The Omega. JC is the intermidiate between the two and is the same as the two.

No I don't avoid the questions that contradict anything. I avoid the question if I know you won't understand the answer to--which you don't. You have to start from the basics and the beginning, or you're not going to understand. You're only capable of understanding what someone told you and led you to believe. One project you cam undertake is find who had the authority to make your interpretaion. You're going to have to go way back in history to find that---and where did he get that authority from--himself. opu may find a fellow named Constantine. But who ever it is you're following him, not JC.

Now I'm going to avoid your questions and move on. I hope at least someone else got something out of this.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:JesusLovesYou

Old Seer wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

I'm not competing with you. I'm informing you of our interpretation. And here I was working on your previous post only to log on and run into this. This is an information swap nort a competition. Yes, definetly, our interpretaion contradits yours, thats' the idea. It's your job is to figure out why. Of course I'm favoring ours, that's one reason we have it---because we favor it. What the hell????? The prospect here is to get you to look at ours, and after decide if it's correct for you or not and if it isn't dump it. We don't care--we don't have to be right if you think we aren,t. We're not going to bawl over it.

One more item. You say that Adam and JC were physically present--together--in the beginning. Pary tell, what use is Adam there if JC is there. You just can,t understand this can you. Look at JC and Adam as twins mentally and physically if you want them both there at the same time. Now picture---JC is born 3000 years later somewhere else. The "I" is still in the beginning and also becomes 3000 years later. Now you're going to say that's impossible--right. Yes it is--but then you missed the point. JC is propagating something that he know was in the beginning---stuff about his brother which is the same as he. OK. now remove the twin idea--what do you have. Two different guys with the same knowledge. The knowledge is the "I" not the physical. Adam can be long dead but the "I" remains. IE-I told you from the beginning etc. The "I" in the beginning is the same as the "I" in the ending. The Alpha and tha Omega. It means that what was established in the beginning "Adam the Alpha" will also after the end time be re-established- the precepts of Adam--The Omega. JC is the intermidiate between the two and is the same as the two.

No I don't avoid the questions that contradict anything. I avoid the question if I know you won't understand the answer to--which you don't. You have to start from the basics and the beginning, or you're not going to understand. You're only capable of understanding what someone told you and led you to believe. One project you cam undertake is find who had the authority to make your interpretaion. You're going to have to go way back in history to find that---and where did he get that authority from--himself. opu may find a fellow named Constantine. But who ever it is you're following him, not JC.

Now I'm going to avoid your questions and move on. I hope at least someone else got something out of this.

I did not say Adam and Jesus were together at creation. I stated that. I said this:

In the beginning God (elohim) created everything INCLUDING man (Adam).

man (adam) was CREATED by God meaning God (elohim) formed Adam.

Now I also said that Jesus is God (theos) that created.

IOW Jesus = God

Adam not God 

The Bible says, about Jesus, everything was CREATED BY HIM, FOR HIM.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:just

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Then please extend that logic to Old Seer regarding his answers to you, moron.

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Ah, so you really were just being a dick and avoiding giving a direct answer, just as I said you were doing.   Pathetic.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
An apostle says

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

I did not say Adam and Jesus were together at creation. I stated that. I said this:

IOW Jesus = God

Adam not God 

JC is Adam the 2nd. If so Adam had to have been there first. I pointed this out to you days ago. OK. This is whay I'm moving omn--I just had to get this in there.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:JesusLovesYou

Old Seer wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

IOW Jesus = God

Adam not God 

JC is Adam the 2nd. If so Adam had to have been there first. I pointed this out to you days ago. OK. This is whay I'm moving omn--I just had to get this in there.

that is completely IGNORING scripture.

Colossians 1:16-18 (Paul speaking of Jesus)

For by him were ALL THINGS CREATED, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers; all things were CREATED BY HIM, AND FOR HIM. And he is BEFORE ALL THINGS, AND BY HIM ALL THINGS CONSIST. And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have preeminence.

Hebrews 2:10 (speaking of Jesus)

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings

John 8:58

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

4 times in Revelation, Jesus calls Himself the Alpha and Omega.

The Bible points to the ETERNALITY of Christ.

You are referring to a verse in 1 Corinthians 15. You are not taking the entire chapter into context

Verse 22: For as in adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive

Verse 47: The first man is of the earth, earthly; the second man is the Lord from heaven

Those are a couple key verses in that chapter. Re-read the entire chapter, look at the audience Paul is writing to, and their historical context. When you say that Christ is adam the 2nd I don't think you truly understand what you are saying.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
This topic is hilarious. Two

This topic is hilarious. Two theists bouncing bullshit off each other while the rest of us snipe them both down.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:This topic is

Vastet wrote:
This topic is hilarious. Two theists bouncing bullshit off each other while the rest of us snipe them both down.

For what it's worth Old Seer is indeed veering off of Christian orthodoxy as JLY is indicating but in the end the issue of correct "interpretation" carries no more significance than does two fans arguing over a passage from a Harry Potter book.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Agree

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Vastet wrote:

For what it's worth Old Seer is indeed veering off of Christian orthodoxy as JLY is indicating but in the end the issue of correct "interpretation" carries no more significance than does two fans arguing over a passage from a Harry Potter book.

It's a maater of whether one wnat's to search or figure things out. If not so be it

Here's an example of what makes the difference between ours and his. Our's  is a different story

Irrationalities forum

Questions on the flood of Noah for TWD 39

Posts 14 and 15

There's info about creation but dismiss it. It's the interpretaion of the flood that is of importance.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:It's a maater

Old Seer wrote:

It's a maater of whether one wnat's to search or figure things out. If not so be it

No offense, but I have no use for either interpretation, yours or his.  Also, I wasn't defending his theology just pointing out that his POV is considered to be orthodox ( established ) in modern Protestant Christianity, just like medieval Christians once fervently believed that the sun revolved around the Earth and to disagree would quickly earn one the dreaded label of heretic.   

A viewpoint held by a majority does not guarantee or in any way ensure that they are indeed basing their opinion on reality.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Understood

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Old Seer wrote:

No offense, but I have no use for either interpretation, yours or his.  Also, I wasn't defending his theology just pointing out that his POV is considered to be orthodox ( established ) in modern Protestant Christianity, just like medieval Christians once fervently believed that the sun revolved around the Earth and to disagree would quickly earn one the dreaded label of heretic.   

A viewpoint held by a majority does not guarantee or in any way ensure that they are indeed basing their opinion on reality.

Thank You.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Spread thy skirt over thy handmaid", the right to be yoked

Addressed  T0 :: Off-Site Original/Other/Omni-OFF-Site  ( ,with tiny reminder included specifically for On-Site )

>  "Spread thy skirt over thy handmaid", the right to be yoked . .

Puzzling ??? ::

No Subject

No Subject

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Vastet

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Granted, but seers' interpretation of things is no less ridiculous when actually examined. The mere fact he gives any credence at all to the bible really obliterates his argument. There is no way in hell that it could possibly be, in any way shape or form, an actual historical record of 500,000+ years of human history. The idea that adam is a metaphor for the first homo species that arose in Africa is literally just as ridiculous as the idea that all humans descended from a single man who was popped into existence 5,000 years ago. It can be said with absolute certainty that there was not a running oral history covering the exploits of our ancient ancestors over such a time frame. Even today, with books and the internet, we can't go 10 years without rewriting history.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Granted, but

Vastet wrote:
Granted, but seers' interpretation of things is no less ridiculous when actually examined. The mere fact he gives any credence at all to the bible really obliterates his argument. There is no way in hell that it could possibly be, in any way shape or form, an actual historical record of 500,000+ years of human history. The idea that adam is a metaphor for the first homo species that arose in Africa is literally just as ridiculous as the idea that all humans descended from a single man who was popped into existence 5,000 years ago. It can be said with absolute certainty that there was not a running oral history covering the exploits of our ancient ancestors over such a time frame. Even today, with books and the internet, we can't go 10 years without rewriting history.

I agree with you but I think Old Seer already knows where I stand regarding his particular view and since I tend to think of him in a benevolent way I don't feel motivated to try and tear down his arguments.  I guess I'm just weird that way.    JesusLovesYou on the other hand arouses a killing instinct within me. ( ...so much for his stupid assertion that atheists have no emotion ! )

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol. I'm more inclined to go

lol. I'm more inclined to go after Seer because his passive aggressive posts tripped something with me.
I've also written JLY off as a poe, so I don't often feel the need to go after him. If he really believes the shit he says then he makes Comfort and Ham look positively reasonable.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:lol.  If he

Vastet wrote:
lol.  If he really believes the shit he says then he makes Comfort and Ham look positively reasonable.

Ha ha !

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
it all traces back to us not

it all traces back to us not liking certain people. why don't we just admit it?

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:Vastet

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Vastet wrote:
lol.  If he really believes the shit he says then he makes Comfort and Ham look positively reasonable.

Ha ha !

I care about people.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Submitted by danatemporary on June 8th BFF ??

Submitted by danatemporary on June 8th

BFF ??  Hmm !  BFF ??

p.p.s.  --  According to the Roman Catholic "Old Rite" in exorcism for demonic-possession, if a woman is seen to  levitate and people's faces contort, those are sure signs of demonic possession.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
MEEEOOW! {wince} . .

Re:: MEEEOOW! {wince}  . .

No  Caption, because  monstrous behaviours does stand out ( Above)!

>>  That  hidden person of the heart, with its'  imperishable quality, is found or better expressed!  Remember when Guanyin played music, and flowers blossomed around her. This completely surprised the hell (the hell-state) guardian(s). The story says that Guanyin, by merely being in that Naraka (hell), magically turned it into a paradise. So, You'd begin  to wonder who  this could best describe, to date (no pun intended) ?!?

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I care

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I care about people.

I'm selfish and have no emotion.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I care about people.

I'm selfish and have no emotion.

Most people in today's modern age are selfish. We live in a society filled with self fullfillment. In my own career field I see selfless acts being done for selfish purposes like making oneself look good for career advancement.

self fullfillment is a temporary, or false happiness.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
There is no such thing as a

There is no such thing as a false emotional state. Emotions are measurable chemical reactions to stimulae.