the threat of atheism

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
the threat of atheism

Common atheist flaws

the belief that they ( the atheist) has a higher degree of intelligence than a believer, when those, like me, have a college education, and know atheists that dont.

tithes and offerings. The Bible mandates tithes and offerings, but not to pay God, as most think, but to feed the priesthood. Compare that to today. Without tithes, the preacher or church staff could not eat, and the lights Could not stay on.

Atheism also rids an individual of all emotion due to the religious belief that life has no meaning. Atheism leaves no hope in humanity.

it is a flaw that atheists do not think atheism is a religion, when it is just as much as a belief structure as any other religion.

atheism teaches selfishness rather than selflessness

I could go on an on about how atheism is a threat to humanity but I'll leave it here for now.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You are stuck on the possessive your. That implies God belongs to me, which He doesnt. He is the God of creation that died for all of our sins. 

You are avoiding the question. I never said you possessed your god.

Also your faith belongs to you and is not the faith of others.

You are correct my faith is mine, however that does not change that Christ died for our sins. I am not avoiding the question, you are avoiding the answer.

Deuteronomy 6:4 The Lord our God is one; and you shall love the Lord with all your heart, all your soul, and all your might.

John 8:58 Before Abraham was, I AM.

Revelation 1:8, 22:13, Revelation 21:6 I AM the Alpha and Omega.

Fail again.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: You are

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You are correct my faith is mine

John 8:58 Before Abraham was, I AM.

Revelation 1:8, 22:13, Revelation 21:6 I AM the Alpha and Omega.

Close to what I was shooting for, but I was expecting "'I am the first and I am the last, And there is no God besides Me." Isaiah 44:6

However you now understand my question. Why your god? The answer is because your god says so. It is your god's word which brings the religion of Abraham to life.

So where does that leave every thing else about your god? Your god is self centered, self serving and self supporting. Nothing is given as proof of your god and nothing disproves the beliefs of gods and deities from other religions. They still exist. They are still as powerful. They create and destroy. They are every lasting. They can not be destroyed. They can not be created. They are the Alpha and the Omega.

This is why you are screwed.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Vastet

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Vastet wrote:
JesusLovesYou wrote:

And vastet, the whole genetics thing is all a matter of perspective,

No it isn't. This comment proves you don't even have a passing familiarity with genetics.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
what your bias is.
Only you have a bias.
JesusLovesYou wrote:
There are Christian geneticists that have viable models of Adam

That is a lie.

here is a link 

http://www.icr.org/article/genetics-research-confirms-biblical/

http://www.google.ca/url?q=http://americanloons.blogspot.com/2014/11/1215-jeffrey-p-tomkins.html&sa=U&ei=HGpRVYWTEYqdyQStlYGoCg&ve...

http://www.google.ca/url?q=http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Tomkins&sa=U&ei=HGpRVYWTEYqdyQStlYGoCg&ved=0CB8QFjAD&usg=AFQjCNHce...

Two links disproving your one source as a credible geneticist. Better luck next time.

I simply MUST note that the 'phd' in genetics he claims to have comes from a university that doesn't even have courses on genetics.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson_University

College of Engineering and Science
The College of Engineering and Science (CoES) specializes in engineering as well as the physical sciences such as physics and chemistry. Inspired by Thomas Green Clemson's dream to create a "high seminary of learning to benefit the agricultural and mechanical arts," engineering and sciences have been an integral part of the University's development. Since the first degrees were granted in 1896, Clemson engineers and scientists have made significant contributions to South Carolina, the nation and the world.

CoES was formed in 1995, joining the engineering disciplines with the chemistry, computer science, geological science, mathematical science, and physics and astronomy departments.[47]

-------

College of Agriculture, Forestry, and Life Sciences
The College of Agriculture, Forestry and Life Sciences (CAFLS) supports Clemson University's land-grant mission to provide education, research and service to the public. CAFLS faculty members teach major subjects and core curricula while preparing students to be leaders, creative thinkers, and communicators. Emphasis is placed on engaging students in research, internships/coops, study abroad, and service learning. CAFLS research is focused on the sustainability of agriculture, forests, and natural resources; food and packaging systems to ensure a healthy and safe food supply; and biomedical sciences to improve human and non-human health.[44]

-------

College of Health and Human Development
The College of Health and Human Development (HHD) teaching, research and service efforts focus on public health sciences, nursing, education, and parks, recreation and tourism management. Inspired by the motto "The Engaged College with a Personal Touch," the college's vision and mission are to create collaborative models that enhance community well-being and to prepare skilled professionals and creative leaders who build healthy, well-educated communities.[48]

-------

That's every department related in any way to the field of genetics. Note that not one of them actually mentions genetics.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Now that that's settled,

Now that that's settled, this is what REAL genetics has shown us:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recent_African_origin_of_modern_humans

Feel free to ignore the wiki article and go straight to the peer reviewed source material, if you think you can make any sense of it. I rather doubt you can.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ok, for JLY from the OP

This is the basics of the interpretation of the Old Seers. I could improve it but I think you get a bit closer to seeing where we're coming from. I wrote it up in a hurry so there will be flaws.

By the way, I see you are posting on genetics. In our understanding of Adam it's not a matter of the physical. A true Christian cannot argue genetics. Genetics belongs to the material side of the universe, and, Christianity is of the mental/spiritual/person, and what manner of person one is. From our point of view you're making statements from a carnal point of view or mind set. There is neither male nor female in the ways of Christianity, and that is in the book. There for then, Adam is not a matter of the physical. He called "THEIR" name Adam. "Their'" referes to the characteristics/rudiments and regards "them" as Adam, not the body. The body of Christ refered to in the NT mean - the principals embodied in the character of Adam/JC, and not the flesh body. This is not ment to pick on you, just to inform.

Here goes.

This is a simplistic explanation of what the Book's mission is all about. Put aside Hebrew history as it has some but little bearing on the final goal, except there  are predictions throughout the old testament which do have bearing on the book's intent. Hebrew history is a narrative of Hebrew civilization which is no different then any other civilization that has existed. The general philosophy is the same. Civilizations keepmorphing themselves into their own destruction. The book has no intent of creating a civilization of some kind or another that somehow is supposedto work. Civilizations don't work becasue of their very nature.
OK Here goes.

As best isunderstood all peopleson the planet decended from an African bush tribe that migrated over the planet. The one's that settled between the Tigress and Euphrates rivers are the one s that became Adam, that is,  the first righteous on the planet. Righteous means (as we can determine it means, "the right way to be human".

The "good guy, bad guy" explanation.
A good guy is one that is pleasent to be around, has a good personality, and avoids being a pain and detrement to others and gets along with every one. Every one has a good guy. A bad guy is one that has abusive traits, abrasive, harsh temperment, doesnt get along well with others, and has a repulsive personality, and generally coupled with an acute superiority complex. Everyone has a bad guy. 
The floks from the african migrations that settled in the Tigress region were like all others that migrated to different places, being they were good guy and bad guy like everyone else.. At some time in their world they sat down and took a look at the self becasue the good guy bad guy personality was noticed. After reasoning things out they decided to put away the bad guy and live together as good guys. (There's more to this but I'll make it short) After some time one of them decided it would be better and more exciting to be bad guys, and went to work deceiving and coercing the others into making the change back to being a good guy and bad guy. After a generation or so they lost sight of the good guy concept. But at the time they changed back to the good guy -bad guy personality they got a warning that the path they took will create problems that they wouldn't be able to solve, and try as they may they couldn't find the solution to this day.  Being they returned to the way they were before becoming good guys it was told that a person would come to re-establish the knowledge of the good guy-bad guy concept so floks will be able to make a choice to go back to the good guy only  concept.

Apparently the messenger showed up and got killed for his point of view by the worst of the good guy-bad-guys that were running things during that time. And during his teaching days he predicted he would be killed, but also before that he understood that what he was teaching would again be lost. And sure enough, it was. So, he promised another return at some time in the future. The understanding that he taught were taken over by floks favoring the bad guy more so then the good guy everyone has. In effect they perverted the meangs of his teaching and the main idea and changed them to their concept of understanding.
So, now we wait for that return.

OK, Gotta run and get sleep for another 400 miles tomorrow

Relax Max, play it cool. .

The only possible thing the world needs saving from are those running it.

https://sites.google.com/site/oldseers

Knowledge trumps faith and I'm not a Theist

Lies are nothing more then falsehoods searching for the truth

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
White Buffalo Gal won’t U come out; dance by a light of the moon

Re:: White Buffalo Gal won’t you come out; dance by a light of the moon (?)

No Subject --

Uploaded Image(s) --

Wolf's Rain -- Myu Oh Myu with Kiba    Wolf's Rain -- Myu Oh Myu with Kiba

View Upload --

F i n

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
iwbiek wrote:well, in the

iwbiek wrote:
well, in the words of the great sister rosetta tharpe, "when people jump from church to church, you know that their conversion don't amount to much."

Bu bu bu but , Buddhists magically don't have different sects like Churches. I bet nobody in Asia ever leaves one temple for another. Buddhists have magic super interpretations that never are in conflict like Christians.

Naw, cant be humans invent religion. 

I love morons like you rightfully picking on one religion while being stupid saying "BUT I'M DIFFERENT".

Yes it is different, yes it is complex. But no different than arguing that Twizzlers and cupcakes are different. Twizzlers has many different flavors and so do cupcakes.  Many different flavors of human invented sugar pills. More earthy doesn't mean shit. Lack of god or gods also does not mean shit. Both still are human invented clubs. Praying to a dead man on a stick and praying to a fat statue have the same affect on relality. NONE. Religion  is like nipples on men, cant stop it from happening, but outside of making one feel good it does nothing. The downside to those nipples is that humans think their nipples are the center of the planet and universe.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:
well, in the words of the great sister rosetta tharpe, "when people jump from church to church, you know that their conversion don't amount to much."

Bu bu bu but , Buddhists magically don't have different sects like Churches.

A strawman.

Brian37 wrote:
I bet nobody in Asia ever leaves one temple for another. Buddhists have magic super interpretations that never are in conflict like Christians.

More strawmen.

Brian37 wrote:

Even more strawman.

Brian37 wrote:
I love morons like you rightfully picking on one religion while being stupid saying "BUT I'M DIFFERENT".

Brian lies.

Brian37 wrote:
Yes it is different, yes it is complex.

Too complex for Brian.

Brian37 wrote:
But no different than arguing that Twizzlers and cupcakes are different.

A debatable point. I guess Brian is approaching his quota of stupid. As demonstrated, it never lasts.

Brian37 wrote:
Twizzlers has many different flavors and so do cupcakes.  Many different flavors of human invented sugar pills.

Brian makes a compositional fallacy.

Brian37 wrote:
More earthy doesn't mean shit. Lack of god or gods also does not mean shit. Both still are human invented clubs. Praying to a dead man on a stick and praying to a fat statue have the same affect on relality. NONE.

A bunch of strawman/red herring combos.

Brian37 wrote:
Religion  is like nipples on men, cant stop it from happening, but outside of making one feel good it does nothing.

Brian is ignorant of human biology. But we already knew that.

Brian37 wrote:
The downside to those nipples is that humans think their nipples are the center of the planet and universe.

The most grandiose lie Brian has ever made.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:This is the

Old Seer wrote:

This is the basics of the interpretation of the Old Seers. I could improve it but I think you get a bit closer to seeing where we're coming from. I wrote it up in a hurry so there will be flaws.

By the way, I see you are posting on genetics. In our understanding of Adam it's not a matter of the physical. A true Christian cannot argue genetics. Genetics belongs to the material side of the universe, and, Christianity is of the mental/spiritual/person, and what manner of person one is. From our point of view you're making statements from a carnal point of view or mind set. There is neither male nor female in the ways of Christianity, and that is in the book. There for then, Adam is not a matter of the physical. He called "THEIR" name Adam. "Their'" referes to the characteristics/rudiments and regards "them" as Adam, not the body. The body of Christ refered to in the NT mean - the principals embodied in the character of Adam/JC, and not the flesh body. This is not ment to pick on you, just to inform.

Here goes.

This is a simplistic explanation of what the Book's mission is all about. Put aside Hebrew history as it has some but little bearing on the final goal, except there  are predictions throughout the old testament which do have bearing on the book's intent. Hebrew history is a narrative of Hebrew civilization which is no different then any other civilization that has existed. The general philosophy is the same. Civilizations keepmorphing themselves into their own destruction. The book has no intent of creating a civilization of some kind or another that somehow is supposedto work. Civilizations don't work becasue of their very nature.
OK Here goes.

As best isunderstood all peopleson the planet decended from an African bush tribe that migrated over the planet. The one's that settled between the Tigress and Euphrates rivers are the one s that became Adam, that is,  the first righteous on the planet. Righteous means (as we can determine it means, "the right way to be human".

The "good guy, bad guy" explanation.
A good guy is one that is pleasent to be around, has a good personality, and avoids being a pain and detrement to others and gets along with every one. Every one has a good guy. A bad guy is one that has abusive traits, abrasive, harsh temperment, doesnt get along well with others, and has a repulsive personality, and generally coupled with an acute superiority complex. Everyone has a bad guy. 
The floks from the african migrations that settled in the Tigress region were like all others that migrated to different places, being they were good guy and bad guy like everyone else.. At some time in their world they sat down and took a look at the self becasue the good guy bad guy personality was noticed. After reasoning things out they decided to put away the bad guy and live together as good guys. (There's more to this but I'll make it short) After some time one of them decided it would be better and more exciting to be bad guys, and went to work deceiving and coercing the others into making the change back to being a good guy and bad guy. After a generation or so they lost sight of the good guy concept. But at the time they changed back to the good guy -bad guy personality they got a warning that the path they took will create problems that they wouldn't be able to solve, and try as they may they couldn't find the solution to this day.  Being they returned to the way they were before becoming good guys it was told that a person would come to re-establish the knowledge of the good guy-bad guy concept so floks will be able to make a choice to go back to the good guy only  concept.

Apparently the messenger showed up and got killed for his point of view by the worst of the good guy-bad-guys that were running things during that time. And during his teaching days he predicted he would be killed, but also before that he understood that what he was teaching would again be lost. And sure enough, it was. So, he promised another return at some time in the future. The understanding that he taught were taken over by floks favoring the bad guy more so then the good guy everyone has. In effect they perverted the meangs of his teaching and the main idea and changed them to their concept of understanding.
So, now we wait for that return.

OK, Gotta run and get sleep for another 400 miles tomorrow

Relax Max, play it cool. .

Ok. A couple of things. The body of Christ is the Church.

definition 3 of Greek word soma: Is used of a number of people closely unites into one society, or family as it were; a social, ethical, mystical body. So in the NT church.

The other 3 definitons refer to a physical body.

Now, why does Deuteronomy 6:4 state The Lord your God is one Lord, and you shall love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and might?

You look at Jesus as more of a Buddha, a human prophet, if I will, and you look at God as ancient man's word to explain creation.

if that were so, you have to take out verses like Deuteronomy 6:4, among many other verses about worship and admiration of God and Christ.

Why did Christ refer to God as the Father, and why did He say I and my Father are one?

Why in revelation did He call Himself the Alpha and Omega?

Why did God say there is none besides me?

Why did David wrote all those psalms about worship and admiration?

this whole conversation, i've noticed if scripture doesn't fit your "interpretation", or you don't understand it, you throw it out, saying it doesn't matter.

Hebrew history is extremely important.

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:iwbiek

Brian37 wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Bu bu bu but , Buddhists magically don't have different sects like Churches. I bet nobody in Asia ever leaves one temple for another. Buddhists have magic super interpretations that never are in conflict like Christians.

Yes it is different, yes it is complex. But no different than arguing that Twizzlers and cupcakes are different. Twizzlers has many different flavors and so do cupcakes.  Many different flavors of human invented sugar pills. More earthy doesn't mean shit. Lack of god or gods also does not mean shit. Both still are human invented clubs. Praying to a dead man on a stick and praying to a fat statue have the same affect on relality. NONE. Religion  is like nipples on men, cant stop it from happening, but outside of making one feel good it does nothing. The downside to those nipples is that humans think their nipples are the center of the planet and universe.

i never said buddhism doesn't have sects. in fact, i've frequently explained the differences between buddhist sects on this site. but maybe i didn't do a good enough job... please, refresh us. explain some of the buddhist sects to us, since you clearly know what you're talking about...

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Creation debates are

Creation debates are blinding.

there are evolutionists, old earth creationists, young earth creationists, and other intelligent design theories. None of that matters. 

The Gospel is what matters. For God SO LOVED the world, that He gave His ONLY (uniquely) begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Take the creation tunnel vision goggles off and see God in all His glory.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Are

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Are Hindu's wrong because they believe in their religion?

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum

digitalbeachbum wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Are Hindu's wrong because they believe in their religion?

Christians are wrong if they believe in their religion. Buddhists, muslims, jews, hindus, wiccans, rastafarians, 5 percenters, you name it are wrong if they believe in their religion.

It's not about religion.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Christians are wrong if they believe in their religion. Buddhists, muslims, jews, hindus, wiccans, rastafarians, 5 percenters, you name it are wrong if they believe in their religion.

It's not about religion.

You play with the words but the meaning is still the same. Call it religion. Call it faith.

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
You say hot potato and while I say hot tomahto . .

Omni/Non-site/Other/Omni~Original  0FF-Site ::

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
danatemporary wrote:You say

danatemporary wrote:

Lol!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Creation

JesusLovesYou wrote:

But mostly to those who cling to magical creation myths.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
there are evolutionists, old earth creationists, young earth creationists, and other intelligent design theories. None of that matters.

It matters if one is actually concerned about the nature of REALITY.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
The Gospel is what matters. For God SO LOVED the world, that He gave His ONLY (uniquely) begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Are you favorably persuaded when someone quotes the Koran or the Book Of Mormon or the Catholic Apocryha ?  

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Take the creation tunnel vision goggles off and see reality in all its glory. 

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

But mostly to those who cling to magical creation myths.

JesusLovesYou wrote:

It matters if one is actually concerned about the nature of REALITY.

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Are you favorably persuaded when someone quotes the Koran or the Book Of Mormon or the Catholic Apocryha ?  

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Take the creation tunnel vision goggles off and see reality in all its glory. 

The apocrypha. Let's start there. The early church used all but 3 texts that are currently in the Bible. There were other books that arose, and when determining the canon (which is divinely inspired) a number of factors were looked at.

1. If the author was an apostle, or connected to one

2. Was the specific "book" used by the early church

3. Consistency of doctrine.

4. Consistent high moral and spiritual values.

those specific "books" are considered the apocryphal writings because they don't pass those tests.

now quran. Yes the quran states the Holiness and Singleness of allah, however, the texts state that allah did not beget, nor was he begotten, and says follow the prophet Muhammeds teachings. All these point to a task, or "works based" salvation. 

Jesus was uniquely begotten, and multiple times, in multiple ways says "I AM God, I AM the way". Believe on Christ and be saved. Paul's epistles even point to this, and being faith based salvation, not works based.

now book of mormon. Paul stated if even an ANGEL gives a different doctrine that which was taught, let them be accursed (the "angel" Moroni came to Joseph Smith with new doctrine). The book of Revelation also says not to add or take away from any prophesy of the scripture.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I win.

I win.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I win. You win?

Vastet wrote:
I win.

You win? We were competing? I was not informed of this. 

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I win. I won

Vastet wrote:
I win.

I won before you did.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:The

JesusLovesYou wrote:

The apocrypha. Let's start there. The early church used all but 3 texts that are currently in the Bible. There were other books that arose, and when determining the canon (which is divinely inspired) a number of factors were looked at.

those specific "books" are considered the apocryphal writings because they don't pass those tests.

now quran. Yes the quran states the Holiness and Singleness of allah, however, the texts state that allah did not beget, nor was he begotten, and says follow the prophet Muhammeds teachings. All these point to a task, or "works based" salvation. 

Jesus was uniquely begotten, and multiple times, in multiple ways says "I AM God, I AM the way". Believe on Christ and be saved. Paul's epistles even point to this, and being faith based salvation, not works based.

now book of mormon. Paul stated if even an ANGEL gives a different doctrine that which was taught, let them be accursed (the "angel" Moroni came to Joseph Smith with new doctrine). The book of Revelation also says not to add or take away from any prophesy of the scripture.

Well thank you for proving my point.   You reject these other "holy books" out of hand ( as I do ) yet you seem to think that quoting from your holy book (s) will somehow make an impression upon us.  Your Bible is as irrelevant to us as these other books are to you.  It's the definition of irony.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Well thank you for proving my point.   You reject these other "holy books" out of hand ( as I do ) yet you seem to think that quoting from your holy book (s) will somehow make an impression upon us.  Your Bible is as irrelevant to us as these other books are to you.  It's the definition of irony.

There is no irony in it. Those other "holy" books are not divinely inspired. ONLY Jesus claimed to the THE ANSWER. Everybody else claimed to "know" the answer

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:There is

JesusLovesYou wrote:

There is no irony in it. Those other "holy" books are not divinely inspired. ONLY Jesus claimed to the THE ANSWER. Everybody else claimed to "know" the answer

It is textbook irony, you moron.   Oh, and please don't tell me how "inspired" the Bible is, tell all those millions of people who reject the Bible and follow their own religions. 

BTW, don't ever make Christian apologetics a career choice, so far you are only capable of a vapid and superficial defense of your beliefs.  I mean really, you are horrible at this.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

It is textbook irony, you moron.   Oh, and please don't tell me how "inspired" the Bible is, tell all those millions of people who reject the Bible and follow their own religions. 

BTW, don't ever make Christian apologetics a career choice, so far you are only capable of a vapid and superficial defense of your beliefs.  I mean really, you are horrible at this.

I have been very nice, very civil, very respectful. As I said I love atheists, I do not like atheism. God calls us to love our neighbor. There is no need for name calling and dart throwing. I never claimed to be an expert at apologetics.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I have

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I have been very nice, very civil, very respectful.

You call it civility, I call it being passive-agressive.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
As I said I love atheists, I do not like atheism. God calls us to love our neighbor.

No one can love another simply because they are commanded to.  You cheapen the concept of what actual love is.

JesusLOvesYou wrote:
There is no need for name calling and dart throwing.

Wow, you are fragile.  You should see how the atheists on this forum handle each other when we disagree.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I never claimed to be an expert at apologetics.

Perhaps you should have considered that before you began boasting of your educational credentials.  

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I have been very nice, very civil, very respectful.

You call it civility, I call it being passive-agressive.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
As I said I love atheists, I do not like atheism. God calls us to love our neighbor.

No one can love another simply because they are commanded to.  You cheapen the concept of what actual love is.

JesusLOvesYou wrote:
There is no need for name calling and dart throwing.

Wow, you are fragile.  You should see how the atheists on this forum handle each other when we disagree.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
I never claimed to be an expert at apologetics.

Perhaps you should have considered that before you began boasting of your educational credentials.  

I know what love is. I do not love out of command. If that were so my children would have a horrible father.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:I know

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I know what love is. I do not love out of command. If that were so my children would have a horrible father.

I am an atheist. You do not love me. You don't even know me.  Stop playing word games, it's pathetic.

John 13:34 " A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, just as I have loved you, you are also to love one another"

John 15:17 "This is my command: Love each other"

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

I know what love is. I do not love out of command. If that were so my children would have a horrible father.

I am an atheist. You do not love me. You don't even know me.  Stop playing word games, it's pathetic.

Word games I am playing not. Why should being an atheist cause me not to show Godly love to you? You are a human being, s person just like me.  We breathe the same air, and both put our pants on one leg at a time.

like the Declaration of Independence says, we are all created equal.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote: Why

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Why should being an atheist cause me not to show Godly love to you? You are a human being, s person just like me.

Ha ha, Godly Love® !  ....is that what you're sharing with us ?     No thanks. 

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:
Why should being an atheist cause me not to show Godly love to you? You are a human being, s person just like me.

Ha ha, Godly Love® !  ....is that what you're sharing with us ?     No thanks. 

now that is taking God's Word completely out of context.

I might leave. Just saying........

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
"SHALL WE PLAY A GAME'' ~ WarGames (circa 1983)

"SHALL WE PLAY A GAME'' ~ WarGames (circa 1983)

No Subject

No Subject  --  SEE: Upload

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVZOLV9SPo {https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGVZOLV9SPo}  Yes, Why do we hurt one another so bad ? 

(Ahh, the purest of ironies . . And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry)

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Vastet

JesusLovesYou wrote:

Vastet wrote:
I win.

You win? We were competing? I was not informed of this. 

An argument is a competition by definition.

digitalbeachbum wrote:

Vastet wrote:
I win.

I won before you did.

Congrats!

*cough*bastard*cough*

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You are disingenuous in the extreme. And the "context" argument is an almost comical tactic that Christians use to avoid uncomfortable truths about their own religion.

Matthew 10:28      "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both body and soul in hell."

Luke 12:5     "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you in hell.  Yes, I tell you, fear him."

Psalm 50:22    "Consider this, you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with no one to rescue you:"

Psalm 9:17       "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."

2 Kings 8:12      " 'Why is my lord weeping ?" asked Hazael "Because I know the harm you will do to the Israelites" he answered.  "You will set fire to their fortified places, kill their young men with the sword, dash their little children to the ground, and rip open their pregnant women,"   ( see 2 Kings 13:3 )

Hosea 13:16     "The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God.  They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open."

According to the obvious lesson in these biblical examples is that God will not tolerate not being the absolute adoring focus of our attention.  And punishment, whether in this life ( genocide by the sword ) or the next life ( tortured in a literal hell ) is the penalty to be "feared".  In Deuteronomy 6:5 we are commanded to love God.   To "forget" God is a capital offense and an invitation to a "hellish" experience. 

God behaves more like a psychotic boyfriend than a dignified monarch.  

JesusLovesYou wrote:
  I might leave.  Just sayin......

I guarantee that you will post again and again.   You will prove me right.

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You are disingenuous in the extreme. And the "context" argument is an almost comical tactic that Christians use to avoid uncomfortable truths about their own religion.

Matthew 10:28      "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both body and soul in hell."

Luke 12:5     "But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you in hell.  Yes, I tell you, fear him."

Psalm 50:22    "Consider this, you who forget God, or I will tear you to pieces, with no one to rescue you:"

Psalm 9:17       "The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God."

2 Kings 8:12      " 'Why is my lord weeping ?" asked Hazael "Because I know the harm you will do to the Israelites" he answered.  "You will set fire to their fortified places, kill their young men with the sword, dash their little children to the ground, and rip open their pregnant women,"   ( see 2 Kings 13:3 )

Hosea 13:16     "The people of Samaria must bear their guilt, because they have rebelled against their God.  They will fall by the sword; their little ones will be dashed to the ground, their pregnant women ripped open."

According to the obvious lesson in these biblical examples is that God will not tolerate not being the absolute adoring focus of our attention.  And punishment, whether in this life ( genocide by the sword ) or the next life ( tortured in a literal hell ) is the penalty to be "feared".  In Deuteronomy 6:5 we are commanded to love God.   To "forget" God is a capital offense and an invitation to a "hellish" experience. 

God behaves more like a psychotic boyfriend than a dignified monarch.  

JesusLovesYou wrote:
  I might leave.  Just sayin......

I guarantee that you will post again and again.   You will prove me right.

You look at the glass half empty, when the glass is actually half full. In reality the glass is SO full it's running over.

If someone freely gives you 1 million dollars would you not take it?

danatemporary
danatemporary's picture
User is offlineOffline
Buddhists, muslims, jews, hindus, wiccans, Oh My !!

Buddhists, muslims, jews, hindus, wiccans, Oh My !!

>>  That was foolish, am I in trouble yet, insofar as it applied to too many serious-minded people, basing everything on two or three threads,  (( *shock* )) !

**  Not ADDRESSED TO THIS WEBSITE's  Motley crew or the OP **

Wait No More -- Or are we all forced to WAIT on some more ??????

"The immovable object meets the Irresistible force"  "The immovable object meets the Irresistible force"

"The immovable object meets the Irresistible force"  "The immovable object meets the Irresistible force"

The Fonz wrote:
The heart knows its own bitterness and no stranger shares its joy.

From another Thread . . .

Stepparenting was necessary with proving a more difficult task with late teen Step children having already ensued,  from   my mom's  1st marriage

His stepdaughter, my dad's, became pregnant at a extremely early age.  My niece, who I am close to in age, remarked she never knew her grandfather, my mother's first husband

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
DT, Your spam is killing

DT,

Your spam is killing me. plz stop

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
HA

HA

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:You look

JesusLovesYou wrote:

You look at hell as  half empty, when hell is actually half full. In reality hell is SO full it's running over.

JesusLovesYou wrote:
If someone freely gives you 1 million dollars would you not take it?

Thank you for providing me with the perfect analogy of your God's "love".    Latin american drug lords refer to it as "plato o plomo" .   That means to comply with their demands you receive "silver", to refuse to cooperate means you receive "lead".   Obedience or death. 

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Perfect example of the

Perfect example of the awesomeness of God.....

THE GIRAFFE

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Perfect

JesusLovesYou wrote:

THE GIRAFFE

Shut up Brian

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou

JesusLovesYou wrote:

DT,

Your spam is killing me. plz stop

Dana doesn't spam. You and Brian do.

Dana posts these complex pictures and quotes which drive us batty because they are constantly being updated even though the threads are dead.

Which by the way are 10000 x 10^10000 better than your posts.

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ok JLY

Go here

http://assemblyoftrueisrael.com/index.htm

I'm recomending this so you have a more broad view. I'm not sure who this guy is on this site but it'll give you some idea Why the Old Seers say what they do say and it also has other insights. Notice that (if you run into it--I take the site operator is an Israelie) he avoids the term "God". This is quite common in Hebrew because there was no such term before a certain date. The term is applied after the Knowledge of Adam ( the understanding of the religion of Adam -if one can call it that) was lost. God then applies to an unkown entity---because the understanding of the entity (Adam ) was lost. So the term then takes the place of Adam "the unknown".

This is a very interesting site and works in a manner that the middle eastern mind is quite different from the western mind.

Most of what becomes known as biblical hypocracies are because of faulty translations from ancient writings to English. Much or our interpretaion was deduced from logic and I see that this fellow also has things what we came to conclusions on.  Such as item 2 means this or that, but somewhere other in the book it uses item 3 and there's no match. But logic dictates that if item 2 is such and such then item three cannot be correct. If we change item two to match item 3 it won't make sense, But if we change item three to two then it made sense. This is because of the tendency of the translators to stay within their own understanding of things which can be far different from the intents of the writer.

Spend some time with this, because I think you need a wider view from others in the world beside you own learnings or from your clergymen. Take care. Smiling

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
JesusLovesYou wrote:Perfect

JesusLovesYou wrote:

THE GIRAFFE

.....and now your responses have descended into incoherent ramblings. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

JesusLovesYou wrote:

THE GIRAFFE

.....and now your responses have descended into incoherent ramblings. 

That happened back on page 1 lol. If this guy is for real then he's almost as braindead as Brian is.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i'm still waiting for brian

i'm still waiting for brian to explain the major buddhist sects...

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:i'm still

iwbiek wrote:

Ever wonder if Brian runs multiple accounts so he can argue with himself?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:iwbiek

digitalbeachbum wrote:

iwbiek wrote:

Ever wonder if Brian runs multiple accounts so he can argue with himself?

Nah, being a poe requires intelligence, skill and an ability to understand arguments that you don't agree with. None of which Brian has demonstrated over the last decade. I think arguing with yourself is actually a great method to find holes in your logic and improve your debate abilities. It is also very difficult to do. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

JesusLovesYou
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Old Seer wrote:Go

Old Seer wrote:

Go here

http://assemblyoftrueisrael.com/index.htm

I'm recomending this so you have a more broad view. I'm not sure who this guy is on this site but it'll give you some idea Why the Old Seers say what they do say and it also has other insights. Notice that (if you run into it--I take the site operator is an Israelie) he avoids the term "God". This is quite common in Hebrew because there was no such term before a certain date. The term is applied after the Knowledge of Adam ( the understanding of the religion of Adam -if one can call it that) was lost. God then applies to an unkown entity---because the understanding of the entity (Adam ) was lost. So the term then takes the place of Adam "the unknown".

This is a very interesting site and works in a manner that the middle eastern mind is quite different from the western mind.

Most of what becomes known as biblical hypocracies are because of faulty translations from ancient writings to English. Much or our interpretaion was deduced from logic and I see that this fellow also has things what we came to conclusions on.  Such as item 2 means this or that, but somewhere other in the book it uses item 3 and there's no match. But logic dictates that if item 2 is such and such then item three cannot be correct. If we change item two to match item 3 it won't make sense, But if we change item three to two then it made sense. This is because of the tendency of the translators to stay within their own understanding of things which can be far different from the intents of the writer.

Spend some time with this, because I think you need a wider view from others in the world beside you own learnings or from your clergymen. Take care. Smiling

Ok. first you said he avoids to term "God" because in Hebrew there was no such term before a certain date.

1. what was that date? (please provide)

2. where did you find that information? (please provide)

The reason the other wrote G_d is because, to a Jewish person, the name, term, whatever you want to call it, God is too holy to write or speak. Research something called the Tetragrammaton, which is JHVH, or the English translation YHVH, which in modern day is pronounced "Yahweh". The true pronunciation is not know, but it's meaning is "he who is" or "he who brings being into being" (http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-tetragrammaton/)

So you could understand my hesitation to accept what you just said, when every text I have read on the matter since I have been saved has reflected the information in the link I just shared here.

On to the next note....You have not addressed a single one of my questions from my previous post.

Now onto the web link you shared with me:

Under the first heading: "YAHWEH had a plan for this disobedient and exile people" (God had a plan.....God here is anthropomorphized)

2nd heading: "YAHWEH promised a new place" (anthropomorphized)

3rd heading: "Worship only YAHWEH the One Almighty Soverign Creator Power of all that exists" (anthropomorphized)

under the 4th heading "in this site" there is a link called "divine name", if you click on that link, number 2 refers to God as supreme being.

again, what about that worship stuff? 

Old Seer
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Post 249 JLY

If they can't say G_d, they can't say Yahweh either. They use G_d because they don't know what Yahweh is. ( What is the -I am that I am) They can't explain that can they. Everything after the fall is guesswork be cause ---now get this--they lost the knowledge of Yahweh (whatever that is to them. If the lost the knowlegdeof Yahwh then what is they know for sure. Before the fall there couldn't have possibly used the term God. Because they lost the knowledge of god then how do they know what they're talking about. The jewish religion isn't the religion/beliefs of Adam, there-fore then they do not have the true religion of their ancestors. If not, they don't know what they're talking about religating their religion to be bogus. In order for one to have true religion he/she/they they must have knowledge of god, would that not be correct. If you say--you have faith---OK, but faith is what. Faith has to be based on something, and if you do not have knowledge of god then faith is worthless. Don't  take this as an attack- I'm merely trying to reason with you.

In the same regard, if the knowledge of God/Yahweh was lost how do you know what your religion is all about. No church leader today knows what the knowledge of god is or supposed to be, if so, what is it???. I explained this before--the term God is used as a matter if ignorance and a replacement for what god really is--because they don't know. IF, The knowledge of God has been lost then how can any one say they have the true religion if the knowledge of god is required to "have" the true religion. In order for anyone to be a true Christian would have to have aquired "knowledge of God". If so--where is that person, and why don't they tell everyone else what it is. If the Jews (for instance) have not gained knowledge of god then they don't have true religion--because Adam would have had true religion wouldn't have he. The fall of Adam would be falling away from God, would it not. Every religion "after" the fall has to be a false religion---unless they can explain this "knowledge of god which would be needed to form into the true religion.

God, then, would have to be the true religion. Without knowledge of god how can anyone possibly have a true religion.  It is only "after" the fall that the term applies---becasue they don't know what Yahweh is. So, it's just God. Why have the term God if there already is the label Yahweh.

No, I have not addressed your questions---1-- there's to many of them for me to keep up. 2- I refrain from arguments and debates and merely give our interpretation and deal with that only. We expect one to reason things out as we did--mainly because it takes a while for things to be understood. We expect peopleto thin k for them selves. Wegive you opur interpretaion and you have to reason it from there. Start where we did. IE- Creation is a thing of psychology not a material.

I the Jews can't say god then it's thier problem  it's their ancestors that lost the knowledge, and if they can't figure it out thern they haven't a true religion and stuck with what they have--like every other religion. When did your religion leaders aquire knowledge of god, and if they didn't how do you know what your following---Youn would be followingn their non-knowledge of god --right. OK, now, it's your job to find this knowledge, and if you find it-let everone else know, and don't expect to be believed.

If you don't start from scratch you'll never understand us, which is another reason I don't answer your questions. Start at creation and understand it and from there you will be eld to where we are. It will take you about 2 years. I can't sit here for two years everyday.

Worship starts after the fasll and belongs in ancient paganisms. People are a product of "after the fall" and many things wern't , and the only thing Adam could worship was himself, and what good is that. Now, I'm sure you don't understand that but in our interpretaion that's the way it would be. I can say that many things in the book are abstract, but you wouldn't understand that either. So what's thepoint.

OK-Back to the OP. Atheists are no different then anyone else on the planet, they love and hate the same as all others. They are no more a detrement then anyone else at this time. If Aheism becomes a threat to religion the gov will put a stop to it. Religions and government walk hand in hand, it's husband and wife arragent. One rules by civila force and the other by mental/belief. It isn't a good marrage but they need each other. Governments rely on the maintainence of superstitions making it easier to fib and decieve, Religions keep the raod smooth for government eeciet. And, Religions are good for the economy. anything tampering with economy will be attacked. Religions have establihed themselves as an economic factor. Attack a man's wife and you're in trouble whether they like each other or not. I*n today's world it's all about money---money is God. An Item that has no brain dictates the mental stauts of the population. Crraaaazy man. Take care and study. Start over.  

You're very likely to come up with---I'm trying to duck out---you're right. But, I've been here almost 4 years, and rather tired of the time it' takes to make out posts-so-- you can to the General Conversations forum and find -For Araugo on the present page. And Old Seers Corner aboiut 10 pages back. That will give you insights to our interpretation.  Alrighty, ducking out.  Smiling