German Wings Crash

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
German Wings Crash

In my opinion, simply because one person was treated for depression all the way back in 2009, does not provide an account as to why one would want to intentionally crash a plane (if that is what really happened) 

www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32081681

The man suspected of deliberately crashing a Germanwings A320 plane in the French Alps required treatment for depression, German media say.

Regular assessments were recommended in Andreas Lubitz's official notes after a serious episode some years ago.

The Barcelona-Duesseldorf plane crashed on Tuesday, killing 150 people.

Data from the plane's voice recorder suggest Mr Lubitz purposely started a descent as the pilot was locked out of the cockpit.

Police have searched two German properties used by Mr Lubitz, taking away boxes and a computer.

'Heavily depressive'

When Mr Lubitz finished training in 2009, he was diagnosed with a serious depressive episode and went on to receive treatment for a year and a half, the German news site Bild reports.

Internal documents quoted by Bild and German broadcaster ARD say a note on Mr Lubitz's aviation authority file recommended regular psychological assessment.

Grey line

Andreas Lubitz: Germanwings co-pilot under scrutiny

• Started training in 2008, at Bremen and Arizona. Training was interrupted for some months - but he later passed all tests and was deemed fit to fly
  • Working as co-pilot, or first officer, since 2013. Appeared pleased with his job
  • Lived in town of Montabaur, near Frankfurt, reportedly with his parents. Kept a flat in Duesseldorf and had many friends
  • Facebook profile suggests the active lifestyle of a keen runner, with an interest in pop music
  •  

Mr Lubitz's employers have confirmed that his training was interrupted for several months six years ago.

But they have not said why. Carsten Spohr - the head of Lufthansa, the German carrier that owns Germanwings - said on Thursday that Mr Lubitz was only able to resume training after his suitability was "re-established".

"He passed all the subsequent tests and checks with flying colours," Mr Spohr was quoted as saying.

German media are also reporting that investigators have found evidence of mental health problems at Mr Lubitz's Duesseldorf flat.

Earlier, another media report quoted a police spokesman as saying "a very significant clue as to what has happened" had been found during the search of the house the 27-year-old shared with his parents in Montabaur, north of Frankfurt, without specifying what.

Police said the discovery was not a suicide note.

Police continued to come and go at the Montabaur house throughout Thursday morning, reports the BBC's Anna Holligan who is outside.

She says there are concerns for Mr Lubitz's parents, who have suffered not just one trauma - their son dying in a crash - but the subsequent shock of finding out he may have been responsible for the tragedy.

Axe

Based on data from the recovered "black box" voice recorder, Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin said on Thursday that Mr Lubitz appeared to want to "destroy the plane".

The evidence suggested the pilot had left the cockpit, probably to go to the toilet, during which the door was barred. He fought unsuccessfully to get back in, he said.

Bild quotes security sources as saying that the pilot used an axe to try to break down the door.

What happened in the final half hour?

Family members of some of the 150 passengers and crew who died have visited Seyne-les-Alpes, near the crash site, reported Reuters news agency.

They were accompanied by psychologists, paramedics and Red Cross workers, and a youth centre in the town was set up to receive them, it said.

Families are providing DNA samples to allow for identification of victims' remains.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
At first I thought he was a

At first I thought he was a Muslim radical who decided to kill every passenger, but then I thought he was just fucked up in the head. Then I realized that either way he was fucked up in the head because killing all those innocent people is fucked up.

It almost makes me wonder if he was a serial killer who realized he could kill 150 people all at once. Yet he didn't leave any notification saying so, which would take away his credit for such a crime. Part of the thrill of being a serial killer is eventually being caught and getting credit.

This all leads back to the idea that he was really fucked up in the head.

I can't imagine the chaos on the plane when they realized what was going on.

You know what baffles me more? The CEO of German Wing saying that they weren't going to change their policy about having an extra person in the cockpit as the US government requires here in the states. I've seen it plenty of times, even going to Costa Rica and other S. American and C. American countries. One pilot goes potty, then a stewart goes in the cabin. They get done with potty, then they swap.

What a fucking idiot CEO.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
There's a sad irony here. If

There's a sad irony here. If cockpit doors hadn't been foolishly reinforced after 9/11 this couldn't have happened.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
 I wouldn't be surprised if

I wouldn't be surprised if the one who caused the crash, pilot or co-pilot, was Muslim.  

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
There's no indication he was

There's no indication he was a Muslim or religious at all. What the fuck? Do Muslims have a patent on crashing airplsnes or something? And why would they crash this one? It was a small, short flight with (afaik) nobody terribly important on board that crashed in a remote area. The whole idea of terrorism, "Muslim" or otherwise, is to strike terror in as many people as possible. While it was no doubt terrifying for the poor passengers, whole societies aren't freaking out about this.

Christ, snything crashes nowadays, somebody has a fucking fender-bender in a Wal-Mart parking lot, and it's "Muslim this, Muslim that."

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote: There's no

iwbiek wrote:

There's no indication he was a Muslim or religious at all. What the fuck? Do Muslims have a patent on crashing airplsnes or something? And why would they crash this one? It was a small, short flight with (afaik) nobody terribly important on board that crashed in a remote area. The whole idea of terrorism, "Muslim" or otherwise, is to strike terror in as many people as possible. While it was no doubt terrifying for the poor passengers, whole societies aren't freaking out about this.

Christ, snything crashes nowadays, somebody has a fucking fender-bender in a Wal-Mart parking lot, and it's "Muslim this, Muslim that."

Are you sure they didn't strike fear in people?  Think about it.  The story went viral.  Since the 1970's, Muslims have had a larger propensity to do hijackings and suicide bombings.  I am not saying absolutely they were Muslim.  I am just saying I would not be surprised. 

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
well, i would be surprised,

well, i would be surprised, considering it would contradict every version of the story i've read from reputable sources thusfar. and a larger propensity than who? do you have statistics for that?

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
iwbiek wrote:well, i would

iwbiek wrote:
well, i would be surprised, considering it would contradict every version of the story i've read from reputable sources thusfar. and a larger propensity than who? do you have statistics for that?

What part of I would not be surprised do you not understand?  I don't have statistics, but I have been around over 50 years and have seen many newscasts of similar events.  To me, it has what appears to ME to be Muslims.  If it isn't, it isn't, so be it.  SO WHAT?  

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
so plane crash=muslims at

i understand you perfectly, hoss. plane crash=muslims at work. gotcha. that's why you wouldn't be surprised. for me, plane crash=plane crash until more information is forthcoming. considering the subsequent information, i WOULD be surprised.

--Hunter S. Thompson

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
It appears my hunch just MAY

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ Troll gets owned again

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Burnedout
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:^ Troll gets

This comment has been moved here.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Burnedout wrote:It appears

Burnedout wrote:

It appears my hunch just MAY (still not conclusive) be correct:

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.1086/the-co-pilot-of-the-germanwings-airbus-was-a-convert-to-islam.html 

the tone of that article alone strains credibility. he starts with "all evidence points," then doesn't give us a single example of "all" that evidence.

--Hunter S. Thompson